Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glastonbury 2015

• 04-09-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

First time trying for tickets this year. Who do people want to see here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Foo Fighters but barely even thinking about the line up. Nervous wreck about ticket day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Went for the first time this year. It completely blew my mind. I had high expectations going over and had done all my research but nothing prepares you for the size and variety that this festival offers.

Agree with Mince Pie, starting to feel a little nervous about Ticket Day.

As for who I'd like to see on the bill, some names that come to mind include:

Potential Headliners:
    Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Muse, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, RHCP

Others:
    QOTSA, Stereophonics, Foals,FATM, Editors, Royal Blood, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Bruno Mars, primal Scream, The Kooks, Razorlight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is October 5th the likely ticket day?

is October 5th the likely ticket day?

Fairly confident it will be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Went for the first time this year. It completely blew my mind. I had high expectations going over and had done all my research but nothing prepares you for the size and variety that this festival offers.

Potential Headliners:
    Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Muse, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, RHCP

Others:
    QOTSA, Stereophonics, Foals,FATM, Editors, Royal Blood, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Bruno Mars, primal Scream, The Kooks, Razorlight

Foals said they are taking a break to record the new album after their set last weekend at Bestival
    MCR are on hiatus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

Potential Headliners:

Others:

Let's have this rumour removed from the thread nice n early this year eh?! No chance of it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Was toying of Glastonbury nxt yr as the big summer festival weekend away, is it as awesome as people say or are there any major downsides that might give you second thoughts (travel, access, hassle-levels etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

D33 wrote: »
    Was toying of Glastonbury nxt yr as the big summer festival weekend away, is it as awesome as people say or are there any major downsides that might give you second thoughts (travel, access, hassle-levels etc)

The way I'd describe it is - the best weekend of my life followed by the worst Monday and Tuesday of my life...i'm just getting old though.

I don't think I could put my body through it again but I would highly recommend you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Haven't even looked into getting tickets before as I know how quick they go. What's the protocol though?

Duff wrote: »
    Haven't even looked into getting tickets before as I know how quick they go. What's the protocol though?

You need to register, send a picture for approval then have nerves of steel come the morning of ticket day.
    You can only use a credit card to purchase tickets if you live in Ireland. Tickets ell out in no time. I didn't get one in the October sale and had to nervously await the resale in April when I went for a coach deal and got one straight away. Best moment of my life. Like all your christmas's at once. Nearly passed out from screaming with excitement!

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Registration/Register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Seeing this thread has brightened up a dark September evening, just logging on to check my registration for the sale, heres to number 4 for me, as T Day approaches - it really is the best week of your life and anyone with any doubts about it, go for it, you cannot be disappointed, year on year it has got better for me, I thought nothing could have topped my first one (2011) but I left Worthy Farm this year with the same unique feeling of best times ever had yet again this year - I love That Place - Best of Luck to All trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Fugs!!

Hoping to go for the first time next year. Registered and ready. Is it difficult to actually get tickets on the day?? Anyone know what the story is with campervan tickets??

10675684_10152226881755964_6516006352945785434_n.png?oh=09a007df06019b39a3551f29e9e6d404&oe=549244CF&__gda__=1418884825_b42bf94e6091433a3e84318c28ea89db

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So wait, I can't use a debit card yo buy tickets?

So wait, I can't use a debit card yo buy tickets?

No, not if your address is in Ieland, so you will need either a UK resident who is going and using their card as the lead booker or you will need to use a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Will a prepay credit card work? Also if I can use the prepay credit card will I need to use the same credit card to pay off the deposit in April?

Will a prepay credit card work? Also if I can use the prepay credit card will I need to use the same credit card to pay off the deposit in April?

No, prepay is counted as a debit card. Can you ask a friend or family member can you use one?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    No, prepay is counted as a debit card. Can you ask a friend or family member can you use one?

Yeah I can get access to one without to much hassle it must just to see if it's an alternative. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Hoping to go for the first time next year. Registered and ready. Is it difficult to actually get tickets on the day?? Anyone know what the story is with campervan tickets??

Campervan tickets go on sale at a later stage. They are relativity easy to get, it's £50 for the ticket and everyone staying in the camper needs to have a full weekend ticket when your going into the site. You can also pitch tents/ awning next to the campervan and use BBQs and everything. (unlike Nannystate Festivals in Ireland!)It's the way to go!

Can't wait!!! 2015 will be my third year, fingers crossed I get the golden ticket! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Mince Pie wrote: »
    No, not if your address is in Ieland, so you will need either a UK resident who is going and using their card as the lead booker or you will need to use a credit card.

So can I not use my normal bank card ? This seems very awkward :(

• Advertisement

So can I not use my normal bank card ? This seems very awkward :(

No, absolutely has to be a credit card. I emailed them last year and they confirmed as much as well so I had to use a friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

D33 wrote: »

One word, YES!! Amazing place, do go!!.
    Although it can be tough at the same time. The slightly higher temp and extra tent time (x5 day festival)/ lack of sleep took its toll on me personally (mind you mate in the other tent room seemed to be able to sleep a little bit more) would consider placing the tent in the shade of a Gazebo + some hypothermic foil to reflect sunlight.

I drove, car, (I don't think I could handle an airport or a metal detectors while suffering + have the car there as a base if things go tits up) I generally like driving and found the journey was fine, bit of an experience rather than a chore.
    Landed in Holyhead from Dub around 6:30pm (Stena line) on the festival Wednesday.
    Was dark for the last part of the 5-6hr odd journey, bit daunting with roadworks everywhere on the M5/M6, but got into Glasto in one piece, around 1am zero traffic! In fact things were so quiet it was hard to believe one of the biggest festivals in the world was on close by! Barely any sign-posts, knew we were on the right road, ended up following bright lights in the distance, got in, parked pink 49 in the NW corner of the site. Slight walk (Mistakenly to gate "D", gate "A" was the direct route).
    Then Glastonbury was our oyster! Handed our free neckband + info pack and headed for Rivermead campsite, still plenty of room at that stage.
    Tent pitching in darkness wasn't too bad, knew the tent well + came prepared with headlights etc. If I get the chance I'll be going for the above again worked out sweet!
    Pitching the tent in the dark was the trade off with the chosen ferry time! Didn't want to be drag out the days by arriving any earlier in the week, didn't want to be too late in getting there for camping spots etc, I knew there would be little festival traffic at this time to minimise journey time, this worked out well. Had considered getting a B&B half way but it was just extra cost and wouldn't have been of any great benefit.
    Packed up Monday morning and was on the road by 12pm return ferry was at 8:30pm so left in plenty of time, slight congestion leaving the festival but nothing major. Crash blocked the motorway just south of Birmingham, disaster 2-3 hours delay, ended up bombing it for the rest of the journey but got there by the skin of my teeth (My car can't ever return to the UK!), last on the boat with about 2min to spare.
    In terms of cost the ferry was €264 for two ppl and car. Outbound was regular economy, return was flexi.
    Used just over a tank of diesel about €100. (€264+€100)=€180 per person to get there.
    Bit of cost with the 180 but once this is paid its like a regular festival that you might go to at home, in fact because you can bring drink in everywhere at Glasto, technically you can re-coup some of that cost, offy price €1.25/can Vs €6/pint, 38 drinks to break even on the €180 ;)

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd add this for anyone considering driving over. :) do it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thanks Fatfrog! trying to decide how to go about it myself and driving definitely seems like the way to go so. probably not much difference price-wise once you work out flights, extra baggage/buying camping gear over there, and travel to/from the site and airport.

thanks Fatfrog! trying to decide how to go about it myself and driving definitely seems like the way to go so. probably not much difference price-wise once you work out flights, extra baggage/buying camping gear over there, and travel to/from the site and airport.

Would be great if someone ran a coach & ticket package from Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

One tip I'd give is to get a cabin for the ferry back. A shower and a few hours lying down is absolute bliss by the time you hit the ferry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Would be great if someone ran a coach & ticket package from Ireland![/QUOTE
    Woah that would be sweet. Wonder has it ever been organised?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Going to try grab some tickets for 2015 - can anyone tell me how likely you are to get some on the 5th Oct?(I'm registered)

I live in the UK so traveling won't be so bad. Massively excited for this.

I was wondering have many flown into Bristol and done it that way? Friends of mine did it last year and had return flights for €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

A guy I met at EP was telling me he flew into Bristol, met a few people heading the same way, all shared a cab for 20 pound each. Same on the way home.

Thinking about trying to get the coach & ticket package from Bristol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yep, 3 of us flew to Bristol and picked up a few stragglers in the airport and we all shared a taxi...was something like €75 between the 5 of us.

Driver was extremely sound and stopped off in Sainsbury's on the way too, journey took about 45 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

This year I skipped the taxi and bussed it the whole way. Was on the earliest Ryanair flight got a Flyer (think aircoach) to Bristol city Bus Station (last stop Marlborough St.). Ran down to Tesco Metro in Bristol for some drink.. back to the bus station and was waiting maybe 20 mins for my National Express coach. Coach took a bit of time as it went around the festival but we completely missed all the traffic as a result. Dropped us into Gate A which was a fairly short queue. Think I was all setup by 12.30. Taxi can be quicker if you get a sound Taxi driver but often they dump you in Bath and West showgrounds which means you've to queue for a shuttle bus to get you to the festival. Also sometimes they'll blindly follow satnavs into bad traffic (if you get a local though they're usually great at finding shortcuts if you let them take the risk (they'll ask!)).

Just have to warn people thinking of driving that while getting there is grand (5 hours or so of great tunes and lots of excitement!) getting home can be really tedious.

We got the ferry over the first year, picked up a Campervan in Pembroke and drove for about 5/6 hours. It was fine, but after the week of awesome festival fun, we were absolutely shattered even before the long journey home.

This year we flew to Southampton, which cut the journey down massively (not to mention the exhaustion.) Note that our group are all in their late 20ies/ early 30ies, so we are a bit older than some of you young-ins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sheog wrote: »
    ...drove for about 5/6 hours. It was fine, but after the week of awesome festival fun, we were absolutely shattered even before the long journey home.

...Note that our group are all in their late 20ies/ early 30ies, so we are a bit older than some of you young-ins!

Hang your head in shame!

We're a couple in our mid 40's, and drove back to Holyhead, last year, via an overnight in Leamington Spa - and aside from falling asleep more or less instantly on arriving in the hotel around lunchtime - extended siesta style, it was all manageable enough.

Plan this year, if we get tickets, is to spend a few days in cornwall after Glastonbury, starting off with a short spin to a local hotel on the Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

The day the tickets go sale, is it just a case of hitting the refresh button and praying to god? And is it like Ticketmaster, in that you have a number of minutes to get each page completed? It sounds like a bit of a lottery.

There's some debate as to whether constantly refreshing actually helps much. The pages should auto update regardless. I just refresh any timed out sessions. What certainly helps is running as many browser windows as possible.

It is a lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

alastair wrote: »
    There's some debate as to whether constantly refreshing actually helps much. The pages should auto update regardless. I just refresh any timed out sessions. What certainly helps is running as many browser windows as possible.

It is a lottery.

How many people register every year, and how quickly does it sell out?

And do they decide on your registration based on the photo that you submit? I've an awful dirt bird's head on me.

It sells out very quickly - less than two hours these days. Dunno how many register annually, but keep in mind that registrations last for a few years, so there's an existing pre-registered cohort.
    And do they decide on your registration based on the photo that you submit? I've an awful dirt bird's head on me.
    They use the pic you sent them alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

alastair wrote: »

It is a lottery.
    I'm sticking with my 3 devices and 2 browsers strategy this year!

No idea about the amount but its sold out within a few hours the last few years (most of the delay caused by the amount of people trying to get tickets).
    They dont judge on photos. Once its accepted anyway

It sells out in about an hour. It's absolutely nerve wracking trying to get through. I don't think the website is advanced enough to hold your tickets while you are inputting your details like ticket master. the web site often crashes and it often seems that UK customers are prioritized. Each year we barely just got them with seconds to spare before the sold out!

Best bet is to use as may resources in different locations as possible to get tickets. Last year one of our gang in Galway got them. This year it was someone located in Limerick. (Different IP addresses!) We also tried phoning at the same time, but we've never gotten through.

I hear it's actually easier to get tickets during the resale? Anyone any thoughts on that?

alastair... Muchas respect to you!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The website is fine and better then ticketmasters IMO. Theres not a site I know of that could stand up to the hits generated by the glastonbury ticket sale. Ticketmasters site sh!ts itself for O2...sorry 3 arena concerts. The UK doesnt get prioritised either. Well not on purpose but im pretty sure seetickets is hosted in the UK so proximity could play a part.

• Advertisement

Didn't manage to get tickets last time, but the year before ended up getting through first on a mobile/3G connection - while the broadband-connected computers (three of them with a dozen or so sessions) hadn't had any joy. Once I'd got the tickets, the broadband got through, so it would have worked out. All of this within ten minutes of it selling out however - so you need to be determined and/or lucky.

In 2014, tickets sold out in 1hr 27 min, peaking at 5,000 tickets per min. There were over 1M valid registrations, and vaguely remember reading 450,000 tried to get tickets, 1 in 3 odds.

Only got them in the resale last year, had lap tops, phones, landlines going. Got to the 'input your registration' bit then my mate called and said he was also in and already in-putting our details. I continued filling in the details just incase. Mate was successful so I abandoned and closed the page, I noticed the other open tab, Internet explorer & fire fox browsers I had open (just left auto refreshing) had all worked! So maybe something to be said for auto refresh rather than manual?

I'm a nervous bleeding wreck, didn't even get a sniff of the page in the main sale last year and had to wait for the resale. Would just prefer to get me grubby mitts on a ticket this year in the first sale cos it gives more time to prepare, just didn't want to buy anything or book time off just in case I wasn't lucky. So it leaves everything to the last minute.
    I won't have any nails come October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Never ever take your foot off the gas and think you will be fine for a resale ticket, treat the Sunday Sale as if it is the only way through, yes, we got most of our group through on resales last year, but the previous years resales were snapped up in moments.

My best advise is have as many Computers as possible going, Make a word document up with the registrations, names, postcodes etc and also credit card details and have it open on each computer ready to copy and paste should a window open through for entering your details as every second saved is crucial.

If you are borrowing a credit card from a relative or friend - make sure and have any verified by visa etc second level password to hand as though I can't remember if Seetickets require it, think how sickened you would be to have got through and not have it!!!!!

Keep the landline on redial too although in three years of getting tickets, we never once got through on the phone. I remember ringing it one year the night before to check it and save it in my phone and I actually got through to smeone in seetickets who wished me well for the morning!!!

Its total pot luck - we had 9 or 10 computers all over Ireland last year on broadband but it was one of the crew on dial up in rural Donegal who secured our 6 tickets. The remainder were got on the resale.

Best of luck to all once again :)

If you are borrowing a credit card from a relative or friend - make sure...

Gonna stop you there. The credit card has to belong to the lead booker. You can't borrow a card! It actually doesn't ask for any separate billing details after so it blindly assumes that it belongs to the first person in the booking.

Toast wrote: »
    Gonna stop you there. The credit card has to belong to the lead booker. You can't borrow a card! It actually doesn't ask for any separate billing details after so it blindly assumes that it belongs to the first person in the booking.

I bought one ticket last year so was the lead booker and used my exes card.

I'm surprised it wasn't rejected. Don't know what to tell you other than any time I've done it it hasn't allowed for different billing information to be entered. Keep in mind I'm talking about the initial payment of the deposit and not the final balance payment which allows you put in any details.

I'm surprised it wasn't rejected. Don't know what to tell you other than any time I've done it it hasn't allowed for different billing information to be entered. Keep in mind I'm talking about the initial payment of the deposit and not the final balance payment which allows you put in any details.

ah right, that will make sense then cos I got mine in the resale when you paid the full balance up front.

I'll try find out for sure. I know I paniced a couple of times when my billing address on my card and the registered address was different and didnt get the option of changing during the deposit booking. It still went through without a hitch though but I'd imagine getting the name wrong would be enough to cause a hold on the payment. I think if the payment fails you will get a call from See to fix things rather than just lose out but better not to have the panic.

I'll try find out for sure. I know I paniced a couple of times when my billing address on my card and the registered address was different and didnt get the option of changing during the deposit booking. It still went through without a hitch though but I'd imagine getting the name wrong would be enough to cause a hold on the payment. I think if the payment fails you will get a call from See to fix things rather than just lose out but better not to have the panic.

I'm going to have to look into this myself cos I don't have a credit card but my friend in the UK is going to be the lead booker so hoping that will be ok. :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement