Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Well guys, have'nt posted in the photo section in ages!
    Anyways living in Perth now and have got into the local fishing fairly ok! Heres a few pics from are last 2hr session,

flt.jpg
    This is a Flathead, quite good to eat and has 2 poision spikes behide each gill cover.

fish.jpg
    Skipjack trevally or a "skippy". These fish are serious when hooked! I bought a Okuma 8ft alround rod and on the first day snapped it with one of these lads on!

sting.jpg
    Small sting ray, you can see at the end of the tail before fins out were his barb is. Iv caught another stingray which was nearly a meter wide and took near an hour to land, very hard fish to get the better of when hooked and they take some line of your reel!

Should have a few more pics when we head out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

Had a bit of look float fishing yesterday from the shore in the bad weather, not huge but great for the mark I fished! future fish would be catch and release

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Had a bit of look float fishing yesterday from the shore in the bad weather, not huge but great for the mark I fished! future fish would be catch and release

Attachment not found.

Lovely fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

both caught today on a laden of sweden frog lure.

first one was my personal best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shamrock Baits Fishing Hunting

Salmon caught on my local river, weight 14lbs:)
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Stunning catch Paul, well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Salmon caught on my local river, weight 14lbs:)
    Paul

Nice fish! heard the rivers are doing well around Dundalk this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shamrock Baits Fishing Hunting

Yes we had a very good season with plenty of salmon landed and good to see alot of anglers returning there fish,i returned 4 salmon have to do my bit to keep river open next season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

caught these 2 river trouts few weeks ago after a flood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

bassy wrote: »
    caught these 2 river trouts few weeks ago after a flood.

What river are these from? Most (if not all) rivers close to trout angling on the 30th Sepember...did you kill 2 trout out of season?

not at all those 2 were caught around the middle of September,only got around to putting pics up a few weeks ago.
    Will be waiting for the 17th march 2012 :-)

whelzer wrote: »
    What river are these from? Most (if not all) rivers close to trout angling on the 30th Sepember...did you kill 2 trout out of season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

Good stuff and congrats - apologies if I came across a bit ratty...

ah your grand,theres no harm in asking.trout fishing is probaly my most favorite to fish for.

whelzer wrote: »
    Good stuff and congrats - apologies if I came across a bit ratty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

My personal best and it really made my summer. Caught off a peir at 1am it measured around 6foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Nice eel that and well done on the release. Specimen size conger nice catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Caught at Garryhill lake, Co Carlow.

63cm Rainbow...

393538_209261262486776_100002087102755_472958_820764471_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gashead

What weight would you think it is. i got one early this year, on a pattern you recommended :-) that looked about the same. I put her back without weighing or measuring. I guessed about 5lb.

Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Went over to the Curragh Springs today for the first time. Had a cracker of a day. Got 8 including these 2 on successive casts just as Sean the owner came down to see how I was doing. All I can say about the place is Wow!

I know everyone who fishes there gives it a good report but i just feel I have to chip in with my tuppence worth. The fish are just so hard fighting its unbelievable. Great great day out :D:D:D
    uo481.jpg
    ip75fb.jpg

• Advertisement

gashead wrote: »
    What weight would you think it is. i got one early this year, on a pattern you recommended :-) that looked about the same. I put her back without weighing or measuring. I guessed about 5lb.

Sam

I'm thinking about 3kg or so, roughly 6lb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Nice looking bows there daroxtar.

Nice bows indeed, pity the ground there is so rough... Id say a lot of the fish get damaged when caught

Curragh Springs is one of the cleanest fisheries...

There's only one small section where there's gravel and the rest if all grass...

Fish can be taken out of the net, without been landed on the gravel..

They were the only 2 I had out of the water at all. Shaun arrived and banked them both. I left the rest in the net in the water to unhook them. Agree about the place being grassy, that spot where the slipway is is pretty much the only spot with gravel.

I'll definitly be spending more time over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Some pics of fishing done in 2011.....

Roll on 2012..............:)

308974_273168952714465_100000640880351_889116_1337272442_n.jpg

225735_207147705983257_100000640880351_617971_2033291_n.jpg

40649_141430262555002_100000640880351_245686_1430299_n.jpg

297892_247316998632994_100000640880351_797566_1350251_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Looks like you're in the spot for great fishing Dan

okedoke wrote: »
    Looks like you're in the spot for great fishing Dan

Kerry the home of wild fishing... Course fishing done in mayo in april, i prefer bass, salmon and sea trout tho...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JohnboyB

Traumadoc wrote: »
    sorry for the delay, caught off Mauritius, 65kg yellow fin tuna

Wow did u eat all that?? Just killed it for the laugh? :mad:

JohnboyB wrote: »
    Traumadoc wrote: »
    sorry for the delay, caught off Mauritius, 65kg yellow fin tuna

Wow did u eat all that?? Just killed it for the laugh? :mad:
    it took you 5 years to respond to that? You must have really slow internet up there on your high horse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭purehoor

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Kerry the home of wild fishing... Course fishing done in mayo in april, i prefer bass, salmon and sea trout tho...:)
    they obviously dont show ye how to handle pike down there in the home of wild fishing. dont think youd like to be clamped by the mouth and hung up by it. disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

picture.php?albumid=1965&pictureid=11665

grand canal pike 5-6lbs first of 2012

Lovely pike jay well done, would you not invest in a landing mat? keep the fish in good condition.

Lovely pike jay well done, would you not invest in a landing mat? keep the fish in good condition.

Thanks shane yeah im getting a landing mat tomorrow of if there in stock I always take care of all fish I land he went back fighting :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

A few from a trip put to Curragh Srpings today

the 3rd fish was the biggest and fought like a pitbull. Was at it for at least 10 minutes. Also, caught it on the first "proper" fly ive ever tied my self, a Diawl Bach which ads to the glory!:D

thehamo wrote: »
    A few from a trip put to Curragh Srpings today

the 3rd fish was the biggest and fought like a pitbull. Was at it for at least 10 minutes. Also, caught it on the first "proper" fly ive ever tied my self, a Diawl Bach which ads to the glory!:D

Nice catch thehamo:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Curragh Springs today. I love that place!!

1e2889.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Been a while since I had a ton bag..

40885323427633331860210.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

new1xs.jpg

new2y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

I'm not an angler at all and was looking at this thread randomly. Just have to say I think it's a great thing the consideration a lot of ye have for the welfare of the fish yis hunt. Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Macspower wrote: »
    Been a while since I had a ton bag..

40885323427633331860210.jpg

new1xs.jpg

new2y.jpg

That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
    Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Chuileog wrote: »
    That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
    Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

No such thing as a silly question.... The fish are kept in a keepnet of at least 2.5 m long so they can swim around until the end of the session.. then we get ready the weighnet and groundsheet for the photo.. they are removed from the water weighed and photographed and returned with a target time of 3 mins.. they all go back alive.. to be caught another day.

Had another great haul yesterday but the fish weren't the same size as the last day.. over 60lb with some fantastic DACE... yes dace...

050220121018.jpg

Specimen Dace
    050220121024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

New to this thread. My best catch of last year. Nearly that time again:D. Can't wait

img1191dl.jpg

img1192y.jpg

img1193ik.jpg

img1196bo.jpg

img1210kw.jpg

img1212q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pigeon shooter

nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 pigeon shooter

It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

Not too bad! Shes a beauty! Looking forward to this years season now! Its only around the corner now thank god!

purehoor wrote: »
    they obviously dont show ye how to handle pike down there in the home of wild fishing. dont think youd like to be clamped by the mouth and hung up by it. disgrace!

Thanks for the advice, not used to course fishing no and it didn't even cross my mind to be honest!

Lovely fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Newry Canal 14/2/2012, as tempting as it was to give the Pike as a Valetines Day gift to my wife it swam off happy as Larry!

pike.jpg

picture.php?albumid=1965&pictureid=12059

5 and a half pound canal pike

• Advertisement
Advertisement