Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Kit limiting should be built into server rather than an rcon tool add on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not usually one for multiplayer FPS games, but I'm finding the lack of any kind of skill/level based match making incredibly frustrating, not much fun being thrown into games with hardened veterans who are level 30+ with all the best scopes and gear unlocked, very off putting for a new comer and really hampers you getting leveled up with it being so weighed in favor these guys, not their fault they do and should play the game as it's presented but very unfair towards a newbie :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for multiplayer FPS games, but I'm finding the lack of any kind of skill/level based match making incredibly frustrating, not much fun being thrown into games with hardened veterans who are level 30+ with all the best scopes and gear unlocked, very off putting for a new comer and really hampers you getting leveled up with it being so weighed in favor these guys, not their fault they do and should play the game as it's presented but very unfair towards a newbie :(

The starting guns you get in BF4 are capable of taking out guys quite easily...compared to most games, when you have to unlock the better guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The guns are, yes. If you happen to be levelcap or xfactor, you'd be sorted.
    The players, on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Got my first aimbots last night, both level 70+ with a amazing talent for 180 degree instant headshots. Is it not a bit early for this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sparks wrote: »
    The guns are, yes. If you happen to be levelcap or xfactor, you'd be sorted.
    The players, on the other hand...

Those guys are pretty average players tbh [and never claim to be otherwise] very fine youtubers though, as has been mentioned the starting weapons are pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

You know what the absolute worst part of battlefield 4 is?
    Without any doubt?

It's stupid timewasting vehicle wasting yahoo morons who join your squad with an M40 on maps like flood while the two engineers in the whole team get repeatedly chewed up while taking on the armour that's killing everyone. If pig-blind idiots actually changed class and tactics once in a while in response to the game, there would be far less precious gaming time urinated away by these spectacular wastes of cpu cycles! Now I know why Dice included incendiary and hand lamp grenades in the loadout - to mark teammates who have decided that the best way to help is to spawn with a sniper rifle and spend the game lying down in a corner praying someone stands in front of them stock still for the few minutes it'll take them to react the right way.

RANT! !! :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Those guys are pretty average players tbh [and never claim to be otherwise] very fine youtubers though, as has been mentioned the starting weapons are pretty good.

Levelcap and Xfactor average players? Feck that brings me down to being absolute ****e?

Some of Xfactors tank skills are out of this world.

Saying that Matimi0 is the best of them, his TV missile skills are unnatural, also anyone see his latest SRAW video... feckin hell!

Some of Xfactors tank skills are out of this world

You should check out world of tanks on twitch tv.
    Levelcap and Xfactor average players? Feck that brings me down to being absolute ****e?

But you play on console dont you? unfair to compare yourself to PC controls.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    RANT! !! :)

Darn tootin!
    AND after all that, the duvet got folded up inside its cover. It was not my night at all...
    Those guys are pretty average players tbh
    Compared to professional gamers with their own ****buckets*, yes.
    Compared to joe public, not a hope in hell!

* What? Its a thing. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4s4QswGS4

Compared to professional gamers with their own ****buckets*, yes.
    Compared to joe public, not a hope in hell!

They are average man, i dont know who you play with if you think they are above average.
    Love them happy hour videos :)

They are average man, i dont know who you play with if you think they are above average.
    Compared to most of the players I'd see on gaellords, celts, or any of the other servers I've been on since it came out, they're well above average.
    Mind you, I usually play late at night, so maybe all the really good people have early bedtimes ;)

I would say both Xfactor and JackFrags are "above average". Levelcap and Matimio are average enough - they just know a sh!t tonne about weapon stats and so on.

IMO the standard of player in BF is dropping gradually, and so it's easier to become "above average" to some extent.

IMO the standard of player in BF is dropping gradually
    Dude.
    Don't be that guy.

Dude.
    Don't be that guy.

:D

Without a doubt. Younger people are playing these games now, and more people are coming from other FPS games such as COD, where it's OK to run and gun around the place and kill everyone. That generally doesn't work in Battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I gotta chime in and say that the starting weapons are really solid and I've never felt "out armed" in game (out classed frequently, but that's my problem, not the gun's). Which is not to say that I haven't started a map and realised I've picked the wrong weapons entirely, that not always obvious though. Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance :p

:D

Without a doubt. Younger people are playing these games now, and more people are coming from other FPS games such as COD...

Argh!

280229.png

:pac:

(Besides, if a few more people moved in BF4, it'd be better than the campfest some levels can turn into! :D )

Shiminay wrote: »
    Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance :p
    Neither's C4, but there's something oh-so-satisfying about C4ing the same person in the same AA vehicle in the same CN base on the same Zavod map two or three times in a row until they actually get up and move :D

(Its even funnier if you didn't at first realise it was their base for whatever reason until you ran off the battle area but still made it to them in time to C4 them :D )

Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance

Try the ak5c with muzzle break and angled grip and you might just change your mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Try the ak5c with muzzle break and angled grip and you might just change your mind :)

Surely you mean heavy barrel + angled grip - less spread, spread increase per shot and 1st shot multiplier ?

• Advertisement

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Surely you mean heavy barrel + angled grip - less spread, spread increase per shot and 1st shot multiplier ?

I might have these backwards, but I believe the heavy barrel decreases accuracy but increases stability.

Yup, you're backwards alright :)

http://symthic.com/bf4-attachments - handy reference for all attachments.

Mad_Dave wrote: »

Nope , try it and see.
    Heavy barrel is not what it was in BF3.

Maybe I'm mixing myself up here but heavy barrel is 50% less initial spread, 50% increase to recoil and a range increase - therefore better accuracy traded for less stability, yes ?

Depends on how you're using the gun. Single shot long range stuff, heavy barrel is not awful, but muzzle break and stubby grip is probably a better combo because you just don't use carbines at long range, you run up to the fecker, shove the muzzle in his face and unload the magazine.

NO! FECK! I said UNload, not REload.... right, I'm changing my key bindings again...

Check out the accuracy plot comparisons and you see what I mean - the single shot's much better with the heavy barrel and angled grip, but for general use? Stuff it, get the break and the stubby.

280250.png

Ah right, thanks for that sparks.

I've been known to run up to people and reload in their face, hate it when that happens :)

Anyway back on topic, I've noticed I get fairly frequent massive ping spikes on some servers. Generally getting around 20ms (on ps3 btw), but it jumps to anywhere between 150 and 300. There's no slowdown on screen, except only 1 in 4 or 5 shots register. Extremely annoying.

Hopefully the new patch will sort it out.

Will say this though, if you're going to do long range with carbines, the AK5C is a better choice than the ACW-R. The ACW only wins over the 5C because of its rate of fire, for accuracy and range and not having to lead so much, the 5C wins out. I might have to change my carbine for the open maps now :D

BTW, does anyone else wish that you could have canted optics and normal iron sights? Sticking an ACOG on a carbine along with the canted irons makes for a bit of an awkward mix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

What a terrible SP :eek:

Hold your nose, grind through it and remember the REX, the M249, the P90, the QBZ-95-1 and the Shank & Machete knives are the end result.

But yeah, it's terrible. Like being clockwork orange'd through the worst straight-to-vhs buddy-soldier war movies ever...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What really bugged me was that there seemed to be no way to skip the credits after completing the last mission so I could re-do it and unlock the other options (if you don't know, there's a choice at the end of the game that determines which of the 3 available weapons you unlock for multiplayer).

Shiminay wrote: »
    (if you don't know, there's a choice at the end of the game that determines which of the 3 available weapons you unlock for multiplayer).
    I was wondering that, but don't really feel like sitting through those damn credits again...:mad:

You just go have a cuppa and then it goes back to the main menu, you chose to replay the last level and then go have another cuppa and then you go back and do it the final time and that's all three of them done. But really, only the M249 is worth getting...

You just go have a cuppa and then it goes back to the main menu, you chose to replay the last level and then go have another cuppa and then you go back and do it the final time and that's all three of them done. But really, only the M249 is worth getting...

And which do you go with to get that? :D

Actually what's the third option?
    You've the choice of two at the end with the C4, what else?

For the M249, choose Irish. For the P90 choose Hannah. Don't decide between the two and just wait - the Valhalla gets destroyed and that apparently counts as a successful enough third choice to give you the QBZ-95-1

I actually did make the choice for the 249, but never got it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

new patch out :O ill post the fix log when its up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I actually did make the choice for the 249, but never got it :mad:

takes a while to show up, like a day. if you did it weeks ago do it aga in:)

ok new patch played it for a few minutes not all perfect fps seams to be down a little but stable (er) i got a device hung error after about 10 minutes of play on parcel storm

• Advertisement

Have to say well done to DICE, after the latest console patch I've now had more freezes in one day than in the 12 day pre patch. Again, well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Defibs are pointless now.Nobody revives and why should they? there's no incentive for them to.People/ (idiots) complained about the medic trains in bf3 but at least there was a 100 point incentive for newbies to revive.

Now it just takes a stupid amount of time to get them out only to be awarded with 20 points before you get shot to sh*t along with the lad you just revived because it took over 20 seconds more to perform the revive than in BF3.:confused:

You kill the four lads with machine guns who just cut me in half, and then I'll accept the revive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Defibs are pointless now.Nobody revives and why should they? there's no incentive for them to.People/ (idiots) complained about the medic trains in bf3 but at least there was a 100 point incentive for newbies to revive.

Now it just takes a stupid amount of time to get them out only to be awarded with 20 points before you get shot to sh*t along with the lad you just revived because it took over 20 seconds more to perform the revive than in BF3.:confused:

Plus when you are revived you have only 20 health so the medic has to drop a health pack as well. Its a slow process, I try to revive especially on Operation Locker but I wont do it if I'll get killed.

Ok things that need to be nerfed are the mobile
    Aa guns being able to shoot you down in half a second and also the repair torches repair speed in helicopters I spent half an hour last night firing stingers at the same chopper how realistic is that in real life if you fired that many rockets at something it would be absolutely brown bread !

Add attack boats to that list, serious firepower and extremely well armoured. Takes more C4 to destroy one than it does a tank !

• Advertisement

You should check out world of tanks on twitch tv.

But you play on console dont you? unfair to compare yourself to PC controls.
    `
    Yeah I am console... what do you mean by this? :D Do you mean that when I see what they do I am more amazed cos I would find it so hard on a controller whereas it might be easier on for a PC player to understand?

=> this is far better like this, slows the game down a little and makes it more tactical. In BF3 you could run in, shoot, get revived, die, shoot, revive, grenade, etc... It was childish and plain right stupid.

Back to the Matimi0, Xfactor, JackFrags, LvlCap chat I am amazed that people think these are average or just above average. For example, I would regularly top the board (okay only 24 on the board on PS3) but my stats are nowhere nears theirs so if they are average, I am really crap, so what the hell are those below me like on the board?

Kinda doesn't make sense.

(for the record I dont think I am great or anything, I would say I am average, can be brilliant, can be poor)

mozattack wrote: »
    `
    Do you mean that when I see what they do I am more amazed cos I would find it so hard on a controller whereas it might be easier on for a PC player to understand?

Yes, I think that's what he means. A lot of these players' kills are twitch kills, which (I'd imagine - no personal experience) are almost impossible to do with a controller.

Yes, I think that's what he means. A lot of these players' kills are twitch kills, which (I'd imagine - no personal experience) are almost impossible to do with a controller.

Fair enough, thanks.

Incidentally is there any YouTuber who is console only? Maybe there will be now that we are moving into 64 player space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Ok things that need to be nerfed are the mobile
    Aa guns being able to shoot you down in half a second and also the repair torches repair speed in helicopters I spent half an hour last night firing stingers at the same chopper how realistic is that in real life if you fired that many rockets at something it would be absolutely brown bread !

You can shoot the guy repairing, its pretty easy. Also as a squad you can drop a chopper easy. This is a team game, you are not meant to be able to go mono a mono with a tank, boat, chopper, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement