Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Moonbeam wrote: »

Same:) I have officially had enough!!

2nd that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    I felt like that last time round but just wanted to pee every time I sneezed... Dangerous territory!!!!!

Totally struggling with my pelvis and back , ordered two pregnancy Pilates DVDs to try tho as cant afford classes! Anyone tried anything similar or Pilates in general?

Hi DL, I downloaded one and its quite good. Don't have laptop on at the mo but will check name tomorrow and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

elly123 wrote: »
    Dublinlady, I googled prenatal Pilates and there was a few videos on you tube. 10 minute Pilates sessions. I did Pilates classes so I knew what I was at. Just becareful that you don't over do if you've never done it before. It sure ain't easy to connect your core witch is what Pilates is all about. I could be wrong but as far as I know in prenatal Pilates you use your pelvic floor muscles for most of the exercises.

Sorry elly didn't see this, I think it's probably the same 10min prenatal sessions that I'm using. I haven't been very diligent so far though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That reminds me that I'm terrible at doing my pelvic exercises this time around. I must set a reminder on my phone.

I'm feeling very pregnant at the moment. My bump is getting in the way and I get terrible heartburn in the afternoons/evenings so I'm drinking gaviscon from the bottle! I'm 21 weeks today though which I'm amazed at. Let's hope it keeps going as quick for the next 18-20 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

That reminds me that I'm terrible at doing my pelvic exercises this time around. I must set a reminder on my phone.

You have just reminded me to do mine...!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Ooopppsss. Can we blame baby brain for forgetting to do them? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Meh, I bothered like twice. Kept forgetting and honestly don't care much! I've got enough to think about with out flexing my downstairs being on the to do list LOL

Hey rach how's you? Not able to sleep again i see. :-)

Hiya, nope sleep is eluding me again! My OH is having no issue lying here beside me stealing my leg room! Grr! Also having Braxton hicks but have given up hope that they are going anywhere! Would love to have baby today as it was my grandpa's birthday and I was extremely close to him. Also babies middle name will be named after him so it would be fitting!! (Hear that baby?? Get out!!)

What kind of appointment do you have later? Gp or hospital?

Give him a kick (the other half that is lol) one of the best things about having split with himself no more fighting over the bed/duvet lol.
    Aww that's lovely rach (the naming that is) we're doing the same. C lost his cousin/one of his closest friends back in may, so we're going with his name as the middle name.
    I'd say you'll go within the next few days hun, it def sounds like everything is on the move for ye.
    It's a hospital app today. I'm really not looking forward to the traffic in dublin today, a week and a half before xmas! The had originally booked my app for next friday but i changed it. Could ya imagine the mayhem trying to get into town then???

• Advertisement

Haha I'm trying my best to get things going...I was on my ball eating pineapple and drinking raspberry tea earlier yesterday! I feel baby is just too happy in there and I will go over :( won't stop trying to get him out though!
    Thanks about the name! I feel first names should be whatever you want and middle names should have a family connection! I'm being totally selfish here by having the middle name be my family, but hey I moved over 3000 miles from home for him so I win this round hehe!
    That's sad about his cousin, but it will be lovely to incorporate that in the baby's name...a lovely way of keeping them close to the heart I think!!

Oh wow I don't envy you with the Dublin traffic...I complain about traffic down here (I've gotten used to not having to.drive in the.states anymore haha!!) I hope it's not too crazy...and after this weekend I'd say traffic will be awful up there until after new years! I told my OH to finish his shopping Saturday cause it will be too crazy otherwise...he was telling me he loves the challenge of shopping Christmas eve...after all my years in retail...I could kill him! I never knew that...and am putting a stop to it LOL

Sorry i dropped my phone and it was just waaayyy to much effort to roll out of bed to get it!
    OMG if he was my oh i'd kill him for deliberatly leaving himself "the challenge" of last min shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

That's lovely about the names Rach and Thumby - I think it's nice to have meaning behind middle names like that :) If we have a girl we're naming her after my husband's sister (well, I've chosen an Irish name that sounds very like her name) and his mum's name as a middle name. Both died when he was young. He's very insistent on this choice as a girls name but I think I'm not in a position to argue! I'm happy enough with it anyway and I think it's nice to remember family members no longer with us.

Fingers crossed there's some baby movement for at least one of you today, I'm grumpy today and I want something exciting to cheer me up (yes, you have to have your baby to suit me!! :D)

Thumby wrote: »
    Sorry i dropped my phone and it was just waaayyy to much effort to roll out of bed to get it!
    OMG if he was my oh i'd kill him for deliberatly leaving himself "the challenge" of last min shopping!

haha I know what you mean, have to save that kind of effort for important things like getting up to pee! yeah i never knew about his christmas eve behavior! I asked him what was he was doing last year on christmas eve while i was stuck in work and he said "shopping of course!" gah! Putting a stop to that from this year on! Christmas eve shouldn't be spent out shopping should be at home! Personally stephen's day means nothing to me, but christmas eve is bigger in my books than christmas day! This will be my first christmas eve in over 10 years off...only had to have a baby at christmas to get it hehe! :D (IF he ever decides to get here!)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That's lovely about the names Rach and Thumby - I think it's nice to have meaning behind middle names like that :) If we have a girl we're naming her after my husband's sister (well, I've chosen an Irish name that sounds very like her name) and his mum's name as a middle name. Both died when he was young. He's very insistent on this choice as a girls name but I think I'm not in a position to argue! I'm happy enough with it anyway and I think it's nice to remember family members no longer with us.

Fingers crossed there's some baby movement for at least one of you today, I'm grumpy today and I want something exciting to cheer me up (yes, you have to have your baby to suit me!! :D)

Well that would be really nice tribute if you guys had a girl! any preference there? I really wanted a girl (and thought i was going to have one) but am having a little boy...delighted though! I just had to get past the frilly little dresses :rolleyes: Now that ive gotten used to the idea of having a boy I'm actually happy its going to be a boy rather than a girl...my OH's little sister is 15 going on 25 if you know what i mean....I would not want that challenge in a few years!

I hope there is some movement here today as well...I've got my big green jealous monster head on me! Everytime i see a baby or hear of someone having a baby or that someone is pregnant I can't help but to think well damn, you'll have your baby before me even! I read something in my OH's what to expect for fathers book last night though- an OB was saying that in all his years of delivering babies he never had one that DIDN'T get born...some just take longer than others. SIGH!
    But i did have pain this morning...and have energy to clean and have already done a small grocery shop this morning...something good maybe? :D

Well, it can't stay in there forever - he has to come out so it'll happen soon and then you won't remember what it was like to be pregnant!

We'd both like a girl but as with most people, a happy, healthy baby is what we want most! I feel like I'm having a girl but no idea why! Hubby doesn't want to find out but I do (until recently I agreed with him) so we'll have to make a decision on that before our 20 week scan.

haha logically i know this baby will come out eventually...It doesnt feel like it to my hormonal pregnant self though...I'm convinced he is hanging around on purpose! my Mom was nearly a month overdue with me...hopefully this baby isnt going to be as slow moving as I was!

oh we feel exactly the same- as long as baby is healthy i dont care boy or girl! some people refused to give us anything that wasn't gender neutral...just in case it came out a girl lol...I've seen the bits though, definitely a little boy! I don't think I could have handled not knowing the gender...first of all my family was pestering me several times a week via phone and email so they could start buying bits and secondly I'm a planner...I like being organized and ready down to the last detail (I will have to get over that one quick enough!) So I have his nursery all done up and we have clothes for him to last a good long while! (thankfully we have three close friends who have all had little boys in the last 2 years...we are set on baby clothes!)
    I really like those idea of gender reveal parties as well...have you seen them? have the gender be a surprise and take the envelope with the sex written in there to a baker and they will color the icing inside the cake pink or blue so when you and your OH cut into it...surprise! They are getting super popular in the states now....I had a friend who got a photographer to take pictures of her and her hubby opening a big box full of balloons that told them the sex. Cute momento of the moment!
    how many weeks gone are you now? 14?

Rachineire wrote: »
    haha logically i know this baby will come out eventually...It doesnt feel like it to my hormonal pregnant self though...I'm convinced he is hanging around on purpose! my Mom was nearly a month overdue with me...hopefully this baby isnt going to be as slow moving as I was!

oh we feel exactly the same- as long as baby is healthy i dont care boy or girl! some people refused to give us anything that wasn't gender neutral...just in case it came out a girl lol...I've seen the bits though, definitely a little boy! I don't think I could have handled not knowing the gender...first of all my family was pestering me several times a week via phone and email so they could start buying bits and secondly I'm a planner...I like being organized and ready down to the last detail (I will have to get over that one quick enough!) So I have his nursery all done up and we have clothes for him to last a good long while! (thankfully we have three close friends who have all had little boys in the last 2 years...we are set on baby clothes!)
    I really like those idea of gender reveal parties as well...have you seen them? have the gender be a surprise and take the envelope with the sex written in there to a baker and they will color the icing inside the cake pink or blue so when you and your OH cut into it...surprise! They are getting super popular in the states now....I had a friend who got a photographer to take pictures of her and her hubby opening a big box full of balloons that told them the sex. Cute momento of the moment!
    how many weeks gone are you now? 14?

Aww, cute :) I do know someone that was told she was having a girl and then had a boy so I'm a bit hesitant about finding out for that reason but they're right 90% of the time which is good odds!

I'm 14 weeks on Monday but they think I might be a bit earlier (although I know when we conceived so I don't think they're right!). Anyway, I booked another private scan tomorrow so we could get a more accurate idea of dates. Holles Street don't give you a dating scan at 12 weeks so they were only going on the private scan I had at 8 weeks and the fact that my fundus hadn't lifted or something like that. :confused: So we'll see what that says anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Well, it can't stay in there forever - he has to come out so it'll happen soon and then you won't remember what it was like to be pregnant!

We'd both like a girl but as with most people, a happy, healthy baby is what we want most! I feel like I'm having a girl but no idea why! Hubby doesn't want to find out but I do (until recently I agreed with him) so we'll have to make a decision on that before our 20 week scan.

We couldn't really make our minds up before the 20 week scan. We sort of wanted to know, of course, but at the same time a surprise would be great, we thought. I think in the end we decided to find out. Then on the day we couldn't see what it was and we didn't ask, so the scan technician did no extra poking around to find any clear bits. For some reason asking about the gender was like the last thing on our minds when we had the chance, just seeing baby waving and hearing everything was in place was magical enough.

39 weeks now and dying with excitement about whether I will meet a little boy or a little girl in the next week or so, but apart from the naming aspect I am quite happy we didn't find out, just as long as I don't go over much I can handle the excitement for just a little longer!

xiwang wrote: »
    We couldn't really make our minds up before the 20 week scan. We sort of wanted to know, of course, but at the same time a surprise would be great, we thought. I think in the end we decided to find out. Then on the day we couldn't see what it was and we didn't ask, so the scan technician did no extra poking around to find any clear bits. For some reason asking about the gender was like the last thing on our minds when we had the chance, just seeing baby waving and hearing everything was in place was magical enough.

39 weeks now and dying with excitement about whether I will meet a little boy or a little girl in the next week or so, but apart from the naming aspect I am quite happy we didn't find out, just as long as I don't go over much I can handle the excitement for just a little longer!

you must feel like a kid waiting on christmas morning! I dont think I could handle the suspense lol fingers crossed you dont go over much then! seems like I will be the first to go over in the december thread though! :mad:

murdy- yay for a scan! You will be amazed by how much they change in those few little weeks...had my first scan at 11 weeks and it was a proper little person in there, waving and kicking like mad! Hope they can pin that date down for you better...we knew our conception date as well so even though it only got pushed back by 4 days i think its probably more accurate, the one we had in our heads!

• Advertisement

Xiwang, now you've inspired me to have a surprise. Ooh, I just don't know. I'm a HUGE planner as well and hate not knowing things so I just can't decide. Well, we have a few weeks to think about it.

The reason I want to get a more accurate idea of dates is because I'm still quite ill, if I'm a week earlier than my dates say than that's not as serious, but if I'm 14 weeks and still losing weight/getting sick then I think I need to raise it with the hospital again. My clothes all look weird on me. Everything is tight on the belly and falling off me everywhere else. I just don't feel like me at all!

A girl at work just walked in on me getting sick in the bathroom :( They're all very understanding and they know I'm pregnant but it is still embarassing.

Rachineire wrote: »
    you must feel like a kid waiting on christmas morning! I dont think I could handle the suspense lol fingers crossed you dont go over much then! seems like I will be the first to go over in the december thread though! :mad:[...]

I imagine you're doing everything in the book to be on time, bouncing, pineapples, curries (try a vindaloo next!), maybe some more walking and stairs and squatting? You still have more or less 2 full days before you're over, really hope you'll get there soon!

I imagine you're doing everything in the book to be on time, bouncing, pineapples, curries (try a vindaloo next!), maybe some more walking and stairs and squatting? You still have more or less 2 full days before you're over, really hope you'll get there soon!

haha drinking raspberry leaf tea as we speak...about to go scrub the bathrooms and clean the bedroom...might take a walk later...my back is killing me and lots of pressure so im hoping that means good things. just bought some evening primrose oil...contains progesterine or whatever is needed so since I'm already effaced hoping it helps...can't hurt right!

vindaloo? is that spicey? must give it a go! I'll try just about anything...would really LOVE to have baby this weekend! (not castor oil though, blech!)

Xiwang, now you've inspired me to have a surprise. Ooh, I just don't know. I'm a HUGE planner as well and hate not knowing things so I just can't decide. Well, we have a few weeks to think about it[...]

I'm a planner and organisation and control freak by nature, which surprisingly has calmed down during this pregnancy. You can still plan every bit, the baby will need the same things regardless of the gender, and they will outgrow the first set of (neutral?) clothes so fast you won't even notice not having gender-matching items (at least that is the theory in my head). And once you get to know your baby you can even buy clothes that suit their style and personality and OMG I'LL GO MENTAL SHOPPING BOY OR GIRL things once we've outgrown the starter sets :p

Another plus for not knowing is that you don't get any of this mid-pregnancy resentment that you hear every now and then (like "she's had me up all night", or taking it out on OH as in "YOUR SON THINKS IT'S FUNNY TO KEEP HIS FEET IN MY LUNGS").

I heard from other people that you get better presents if you don't know the gender - useful things instead of pretty dresses you might end up not even putting on your little girl just because you have too much - but I can't confirm this for the lack of presents to date (people might wait for Christmas with December babies).

hell yeah I would stay away from castor oil even if I was a month overdue I think!

Vindaloo is meant to be the spiciest you can get, most Indian take-aways should have it.

How do you know you're already effaced? That means it can't be long now, right?

hell yeah I would stay away from castor oil even if I was a month overdue I think!

Vindaloo is meant to be the spiciest you can get, most Indian take-aways should have it.

How do you know you're already effaced? That means it can't be long now, right?

yeah those horror stories of the castor oil are enough for me...don't need to experience it first hand haha!

the spicest eh? maybe i will try a mild version of it if that exists...I'm the type of person to put sour cream in my mild salsa (i.e. WUSSY!) ;);)

My GP did an internal and a partial sweep on monday...she said that my cervix was effaced but that I wasnt dialated...I was researching it this morning, on your first baby you efface first and then dialate...the other way around for subsequent babies. but apparently you can be effaced for a long time, or be in the process of being effaced, before baby comes. but its progress right? She was saying to me she thinks baby will come within the week (from monday) so im still holding out slim hope. I keep telling baby I REALLY dont want to have to go back monday morning and wait 3 hours to see a consultant!

I'll give ye a proper update later ladies i'm in a slight bit of shock at the moment. Apparently i'm 29+4 not the full 30 weeks and babs is already weighing in at 3 and a half to 4lbs already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »

Jeebus!! shocking first thought....second thought, damn even she got her baby out!! :P:P

Advertisement