Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593s-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

my3cents wrote: »
    It can't go on forever :rolleyes: answers to your questions, who knows with three I doubt they know themselves, €20, yes, yes and none.

Thanks for that mate......sure I may as well buy it and see how it goes ;-)

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Vodafone don't offer 4g PAYG broadband. Will a Vodafone 4g phone sim provide 4g data in this Modem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Discodog wrote: »
    Vodafone don't offer 4g PAYG broadband. Will a Vodafone 4g phone sim provide 4g data in this Modem ?

Yea it will using the live! APN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi, Vodafone will configure their SIM so as to provide PAYG data only. I got one done in Limerick. I have used it without problems in B593 & E5330 modems.

How long is the mains lead/transformer lead ? I want to put this in my loft. Am I better putting 240v up there or extending the mains lead ?

Also am I better to run a cable to my main pc rather than wifi ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

How long is the mains lead/transformer lead ? I want to put this in my loft. Am I better putting 240v up there or extending the mains lead ?

I'd recommend wiring in a dedicated socket for it. The lead is only about a metre long, 3 ft.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I'd recommend wiring in a dedicated socket for it. The lead is only about a metre long, 3 ft.

Thanks - that was quick :)

How about the cable rather than wifi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thanks - that was quick :)

How about the cable rather than wifi ?
    You will need to connect via cable in order to set it up
    Best to wire a cable to allow updating and possible trouble shooting in future.

Cerco wrote: »
    You will need to connect via cable in order to set it up
    Best to wire a cable to allow updating and possible trouble shooting in future.

What cable does it need to connect to the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

What cable does it need to connect to the pc?

Ethernet cable. RJ45 plugs both ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks for that mate......sure I may as well buy it and see how it goes ;-)

Cheers,
    M
    i have it to stream kodi, via fire stick, excellent results, no buffering or lag

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

That's pretty pricey for an Ethernet cable, even if 10 meters long.

I would suggest something like this. Even with ParcelMotel's €4 charge for the Virtual UK address pick-up, that would work out about €8 total. ;)

I know someone who's using HomePlug's to connect to their Huawei router upstairs and has no problem with streaming or latency unlike connecting directly over Wi-Fi.

editorsean wrote: »
    That's pretty pricey for an Ethernet cable, even if 10 meters long.

I would suggest something like this. Even with ParcelMotel's €4 charge for the Virtual UK address pick-up, that would work out about €8 total. ;)

I know someone who's using HomePlug's to connect to their Huawei router upstairs and has no problem with streaming or latency unlike connecting directly over Wi-Fi.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Jesus, rip off republic is alive and well :mad: 50 metre roll of cat5 and 5 rj45 jacks would be nearly as dear!

I've my huawei set up in an upstairs bedroom. Wired in about 6 data points around the house from it (while I had floorboards up anyway), I've an old dovodo router connected to the network at other end of the house as an AP for wifi. Works a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I have it in the attic in a box with the external antenna and an extension lead in it with no issues whatsoever.

I run a cat5 into another router in the house to give me 2 access points and it works great over wifi.

It's been on for 200+ days without an issue!

Just about to order from Amazon & it goes up £20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just about to order from Amazon & it goes up £20

Lucky I got mine ordered 2days ago 😅

I have just bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131724811340

Can someone check that I haven't bought the wrong one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I have just bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131724811340

Can someone check that I haven't bought the wrong one :)

That's the ticket

Thanks. I thought that it was a good buy. They must be shop soiled or something as they have a one manufacturer warranty.

Typical. The price has dropped to £119 :pac:

Just got my router. Can I put my Three sim in my phone to get it registered, topped up & then put it in the router?

Just got my router. Can I put my Three sim in my phone to get it registered, topped up & then put it in the router?

Hey there,
    I was able to go into the Three website and top up from there with the SIM in my phone. I then popped it in the router and it's been in there since!

Cheers,
    M

Hey there,
    I was able to go into the Three website and top up from there with the SIM in my phone. I then popped it in the router and it's been in there since!

Cheers,
    M

Thanks. I guessed that but I didn't want to put the SIM in a phone if it caused a problem.

Thanks. I guessed that but I didn't want to put the SIM in a phone if it caused a problem.

I am hoping from now on I can leave it in the router and top up online each month.....that way it lives in the router for good so not taking it in and out and messing etc.

Thanks,
    M

I am hoping from now on I can leave it in the router and top up online each month.....that way it lives in the router for good so not taking it in and out and messing etc.

Thanks,
    M

Same here. I wonder if one should pop in in a phone once in a while & make some calls, so that it looks like a phone.

Same here. I wonder if one should pop in in a phone once in a while & make some calls, so that it looks like a phone.

I have a digital cordless phone connected into my router and I can make and receive calls perfectly! It was a fellow Boardsie that gave me the idea!

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement

I have a digital cordless phone connected into my router and I can make and receive calls perfectly!

Do you need a voip account to do that?

Advertisement