Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593s-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I got one from amazon yesterday. I'm with vodafone. It has really improved my 3G signal, but it isn't picking up 4G.

If I set Network Mode to 4G it disconnects entirely. I can get a 4G signal using a R216 dongle, but can't pick one up with the router.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Or should I just contact vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

make sure with vodafone that you have the right apn set up, tried out with vodafone payg broadband with the b593 apn set to auto and it ate up the credit with a few speedtests

nagel wrote: »
    make sure with vodafone that you have the right apn set up, tried out with vodafone payg broadband with the b593 apn set to auto and it ate up the credit with a few speedtests

apn as below. Which is read from the SIM i think.

auto, hs.vodafone.ie, vodafone, *****, Auto

padraig.od wrote: »
    apn as below. Which is read from the SIM i think.

auto, hs.vodafone.ie, vodafone, *****, Auto

Never mind. Rang Vodafone and apparently 4G was blocked on my account. Not happy as I've been paying for 4G for a few months now.

Very happy with the router. ****ty data cap is the only downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Never mind. Rang Vodafone and apparently 4G was blocked on my account. Not happy as I've been paying for 4G for a few months now.

Very happy with the router. ****ty data cap is the only downside.

With the 4G now enabled what sort of speeds are you getting mate? Where in Dublin are you based??

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    With the 4G now enabled what sort of speeds are you getting mate? Where in Dublin are you based??

I'm not in Dublin. Out in the sticks in south Kilkenny.
    Ping is consistently sub 40. Usually 35ms.

Download varies between 5 and 25. Usually about 15 or thereabouts.

Upload between 3 and 12. Usually about 5.

Its miles better than the local DSL product. Given the data caps I wouldn't use more speed if I had it.

I'm not in Dublin. Out in the sticks in south Kilkenny.
    Ping is consistently sub 40. Usually 35ms.

Download varies between 5 and 25. Usually about 15 or thereabouts.

Upload between 3 and 12. Usually about 5.

Its miles better than the local DSL product. Given the data caps I wouldn't use more speed if I had it.

Cheers mate

Hey all,
    Just found this comparison of the b593s22 and the b593u12. From looking at it the b593s22 seems to be the better of the two. The only minor negative about the b593s22 is that is seems to only have one USB port on it. Can a HDD with movies\TV shows etc. be connected to the router using this port for streaming say??

http://www.slideshare.net/4gltemall/difference-between-huawei-b593s22-and-b593u12

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

Just got the Huawei B593s-22 shipped from China. Works straight away! I am getting 25-30Mbps download speed and 15-20Mbps upload speed even without external antennas...

However, the web management GUI looks like some kind of OEM configuration. I asked about the seller about it and they are saying this is normal because Huawei does the OEM thing....It works and I can't really complain about and it's quite a bargain.....But can you guys post some screenshots of the mgmt pages of your B593s-22? Just want to see what the official GUI looks like...

Also, the UPNP feature does not seem to be working properly... I have some devices that would work much better if UPNP is on. The router does have the UPNP switched on, but the devices are all giving out "Network Environment Does Not Support"....Would this be an issue of the router or the 4G network???

Just got the Huawei B593s-22 shipped from China. Works straight away! I am getting 25-30Mbps download speed and 15-20Mbps upload speed even without external antennas...

However, the web management GUI looks like some kind of OEM configuration. I asked about the seller about it and they are saying this is normal because Huawei does the OEM thing....It works and I can't really complain about and it's quite a bargain.....But can you guys post some screenshots of the mgmt pages of your B593s-22? Just want to see what the official GUI looks like...

Also, the UPNP feature does not seem to be working properly... I have some devices that would work much better if UPNP is on. The router does have the UPNP switched on, but the devices are all giving out "Network Environment Does Not Support"....Would this be an issue of the router or the 4G network???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

icylava, what did it cost you to get it from china what seller did you buy from.

nagel wrote: »
    icylava, what did it cost you to get it from china what seller did you buy from.

It's almost half price as you can get from Amazon.

Any screenshots from anyone? Has anyone come across the UPNP issue with B593s-22?

I bought mine on Amazon last week and paid €185 for it (including Parcel Motel fee). I will never have to pay for data as I have a 4G SIM a mate gave me so I didn't mind paying more for the router.

Have tested it in Mayo (parents live there) and was happy that it was able to pick up 4G at all. Moving back to my own apartment at the Red Cow Roundabout next week and hope it will pick up a strong 4G signal there!

Cheers.
    M

I bought mine on Amazon last week and paid €185 for it (including Parcel Motel fee). I will never have to pay for data as I have a 4G SIM a mate gave me so I didn't mind paying more for the router.

Have tested it in Mayo (parents live there) and was happy that it was able to pick up 4G at all. Moving back to my own apartment at the Red Cow Roundabout next week and hope it will pick up a strong 4G signal there!

Cheers.
    M

Speed is consistent for me. I mean whatever speed you get on your phone will be the speed you get on B593s-22, for the same carrier, if not using any external antennas..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The extra bar make all the difference!

On average 4 bars gets 30Mb, 3 bars gets 20Mb and 2 bars get 10Mb

On Meteor with an external antenna too

-=al=- wrote: »
    The extra bar make all the difference!

On average 4 bars gets 30Mb, 3 bars gets 20Mb and 2 bars get 10Mb

On Meteor with an external antenna too

Exactly mate! And you are not using any antenna??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I have an unbranded B593-22 working well on the Three network.

I get SMS messages from Three to let me know I'm approaching my download limit but that just gets sent to the router and I hardly ever log on to the management screen...so is there any way I can forward the SMS to my phone instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

As far as I'm aware of, Three does not provide the ability to divert its mobile broadband SMS messages.

However, one alternative worth trying is the Huawei HiLink Android app. When the phone is connected to the Huawei Wi-Fi, it will show incoming SMS messages. It's also useful for checking the signal bars and the mode, e.g. HSPA, 4G, etc.

I'm not sure whether the HiLink App bleeps when an SMS comes in, although you could give that a try by sending an SMS to your mobile broadband number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

There is no was as far as I know. It would be a very welcome feature though.

If you get the app you might be able to check the SMS. I never used it much so ended up just deleting it. It does tell you you're data usage though, so I just reset the internet usage counter every month on the router when my data limit resets from my plan and it's a simple way of getting an indication of your usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thanks guys...I'll download the app and see how I get on.

Replies appreciated.

E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

editorsean wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware of, Three does not provide the ability to divert its mobile broadband SMS messages.

However, one alternative worth trying is the Huawei HiLink Android app. When the phone is connected to the Huawei Wi-Fi, it will show incoming SMS messages. It's also useful for checking the signal bars and the mode, e.g. HSPA, 4G, etc.

I'm not sure whether the HiLink App bleeps when an SMS comes in, although you could give that a try by sending an SMS to your mobile broadband number.

Thanks for that editorsean, I'll give that app a try myself.

Hi all,
    I moved back into my apartment at the weekend and one of the first things I did was to set up the router with my Vodafone 4G SIM. I was thrilled to get four full bars of reception!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I notice that Amazon are showing the 315 as a new model. It's cheaper than the 593 & appears to be an upgrade however I have read some suggestions that it might not be so good with weak signals.

Should I get a 593 before they all go ?

Hey guys,
    What is the story with 3 and their all you can eat data? How much do I have to top up by each month? Can I get a normal phone SIM and then put it into the router? Also, what is the monthly cap?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Discodog wrote: »
    I notice that Amazon are showing the 315 as a new model. It's cheaper than the 593 & appears to be an upgrade however I have read some suggestions that it might not be so good with weak signals.

Should I get a 593 before they all go ?

I was in a similar position before I bought my 593. I compared both and I went for the 593, due to forums and reviews I read. Well happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    What is the story with 3 and their all you can eat data? How much do I have to top up by each month? Can I get a normal phone SIM and then put it into the router? Also, what is the monthly cap?

Thanks,
    Mark

It can't go on forever :rolleyes: answers to your questions, who knows with three I doubt they know themselves, €20, yes, yes and none.

Advertisement