Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All Kicking Off Again - Fairview Crescent

Options
  • 13-07-2010 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

So, for all in the know (and for those who dont)...

In the same estate, the one where "13 year old Arrested" (Thread title), Fairview Crescent Garryowen, it all kicked off again today, broad daylight.
    3 nearby houses (near entrance to Fairview Crescent) had their windows smashed in and a petrol bomb aimed for one, possibly all of them,
    the culprits responsible are said to be teenage girls from the same family and they are alleged to have had 'problem with' not just one household but THREE.
    These girls are relatives of the 13 year old wielding pick axe.
    Seems if there isnt enough boys in a family, the girls take over and act like them instead.

Riots ensued on the green of Fairvew Crescent where the father of these girls went out to defend what his poor girls had been 'accused' of doing, however he is alleged to have pinned the blame on another young girl who doesn't even live in the area, in order to alibi his own,
    but didn't he get it himself when the girl's parents heard their daughter's name being brought in to it and rightfully so,
    the girl's mother gave him a slap in the face for it, next thing he's brought his 'gang' down for back up (sh***s his pants over a woman), there were up to 30 of them, cars, trucks, Dynas, Passats....the usual...
    and violent threats were made in unison against the woman and also to the occupants of the three attacked houses.

Gardai and Armed Response up there for hours, tyring to quell the mayhem and still doing regular patrolling (as at night these rats come out to play).

Anyone else shed some light on all this?
    I have my info from a very reliable source plus living very nearby and UNFORTUNEATELY know these families to see them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shocking carryon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Normalperson

Yes, shocking indeed. And these young ones arent even on drugs yet. YET.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jesus thats nuts. No doubt there will be feck all convictions after it all settles down

Jesus thats nuts. No doubt there will be feck all convictions after it all settles down

No - not when you have the ADULTS blaming minors for the vandalism.
    Youth court is a joke - they dont get carted off to some halfway home for rehab youth (Teens In The Wild come visit Fairview Crescent!), they at best get sent home with quashed convictions to be proud of and at worst an ASBO - two brothers from the one family have these, to stay out of Fairview, one aged 12 :eek: and the other 20. Brothers of the 13 year old girl.

'Impending eviction' orders placed upon them, which have been going on for years now, the Council can't seem to evict them, which is probably just as well, God forbid they move in to a 300k house and scream abuse and fire Bud bottles at you as you leave for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They won't be evicted you'll have some guy petitioning for them, stating its socities fault not theirs.

If the families do move they'll get a good swish house and if they don't they'll kick up some stink about it. Know a guy who works on the councills housing authority and he's told me some maddening stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Christ, that is awful, it's so unfair on the decent people who are just trying to get on with their lives and that scum running riot around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

It reallly is desperate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

Ach its a viscious circle--youll get the people mouthing ''where are the Guards where are the guards why are they doing nothing''

then when Gardai come and they look for witnesses and statements--no one was there ,no one seen anything, no one wants to get involved

if it ever does get as far as court blleding heart liberals will talk about disadvantage and an idiot judge will let them off.

what can we do--nothing.
    the fight against crime was lost long ago in the 80s no use pretending otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

WoodView wrote: »
    Ach its a viscious circle--youll get the people mouthing ''where are the Guards where are the guards why are they doing nothing''

then when Gardai come and they look for witnesses and statements--no one was there ,no one seen anything, no one wants to get involved

if it ever does get as far as court blleding heart liberals will talk about disadvantage and an idiot judge will let them off.

what can we do--nothing.
    the fight against crime was lost long ago in the 80s no use pretending otherwise

i totally disagree with you woodview,the reason people are so scared to talk is because they dont want their houses petrol bombed,shots fired at their houses,full confrontation from these scumbags.(you obviously dont live in this area or have kids)people are very afraid of these gangs.The law is powerless to do anything with these animals that live there or help the good people(that were promised by the lcc of a good standard of living)

You are now looking at 40% of the original residences of fairview crescent made homeless from anti social behaviour.fwc is less then 9 years old

You have got to realise that fair view cresent is run by gangs,,ppl you dont want to **** with,,,,if you lived here ,would send your family and yourself out to defend your home against this SCUM??,i dont think so..

LIMERICK CITY COUNCIL AND THE GAURDI ARE AT FAULT OF THIS ANTI SOCISL BEHAVIOUR,MORE SO LCC,THE COPS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE LAW.

I know this from first hand experence of FVC

which means you agree--

-we cant do anything,
    the Gardai cant Do anything,
    the victims cant do anything,
    the council cant do anything,
    no one can or will do anything so

why bother talking about it they won long ago--

P.s i dont have to live in any of those areas the councils master plan of resettlement has brought the **** right to my doorstep--we had 3 fcked up areas so they decided to share out the ferral kids so that they could ruin everywherelse--and they have turned nice areas into huddy ridden slums in less than 6 months

• Advertisement

which means you agree--

-we cant do anything,

P.s i dont have to live in any of those areas the councils master plan of resettlement has brought the **** right to my doorstep--we had 3 fcked up areas so they decided to share out the ferral kids so that they could ruin everywherelse--and they have turned nice areas into huddy ridden slums in less than 6 months
    limerick city council own these properties they are the landlords why do you think they cant do anything.limerick city council owe the residents of FVC the duty of care,they are breaking their basic human rights.

which means you agree--

-we cant do anything,

just out of curiosity why would you think i agree with you?

Do you think anything can or will be done to prevent such anti social behaviour--despite all our sympathy and moaning and complaining and apportionment of blame and justified anger--

Rumour has it that the 13 year old has been sent away to a special special place for special little girls like herself....a youth court went ahead two days ago and she is now reportedly separated from her mentors parents...:) happy days but for how long???

Do you think anything can or will be done to prevent such anti social behaviour--despite all OUR SYMPATHY and moaning and complaining and apportionment of blame and justified anger--

Do you work for limerick city council?only reason i think this is,^^^^what of a cop out of a reply.

dont want to be a profit of doom but if it is the same special place im thinking of it is within walking distance of where she caused the trouble and even though they might have strict curfew how long do you think it will be before she takes a day off school

@ woodview,again i will ask you,why do you think i would agree with you???

cop our reply huh--you didnt even make one---do you think anything can or will be done.

the scum are better organised and all stick together--the normal people have widespread im ''ok jack syndrome, i dont want to get involved''--long term our society is totally ****ed--the scummers shall inherit the earth.

cruiser178 wrote: »
    @ woodview,again i will ask you,why do you think i would agree with you???

Do you or do you not agree that nothing will be done about these problems

cop our reply huh--you didnt even make one---do you think anything can or will be done.

the scum are better organised and all stick together--the normal people have widespread im ''ok jack syndrome, i dont want to get involved''--long term our society is totally ****ed--the scummers shall inherit the earth.

and you live with this kind of anti social behaviour to make such a bold statement,id like to see you and your young family stand up to these cnuts..obviously your keyboard is your biggest weapon!!!!

• Advertisement

you dont know me bud so you dont know what i'd do in such circumstances---.

you still cant answer the question

will Government do anything ?
    will The Council do anything ?
    Will the Gardai do anything ?
    Will the neighbours do anything ?
    will the victims familys do anything ?
    will the victims do anything ?

no one is going to do anything.

Do you or do you not agree that nothing will be done about these problems

by the law,by lcc no but why should that be the problem of the good residents of fvc problem,they should be protected by the contract they entered into by lcc... LCC SHOULD PROTECT THEIR TENNETS,THAT IS THE CONTRACT THEY BOTH ENTERED INTO.can you not see that?

Why should the good residents of this area have to protect themselves against the scum lcc house them with?????

you dont know me bud so you dont know what i'd do in such circumstances---.

you still cant answer the question

will Government do anything ?
    will The Council do anything ?
    Will the Gardai do anything ?
    Will the neighbours do anything ?
    will the victims familys do anything ?
    will the victims do anything ?

no one is going to do anything.

have a look over my posts again,,you obviously hae'nt a clue what your on about,,i hope you never have to live in an area likr fvc..or you'd be in for the biggest shock of your life

i dont disagree with what you said there at 4.22--in an ideal world that would be the case, but the reality for the people at the receiving end is these empty scraps of paper are worthless.

appeasement doesnt work--when they burn your wheely bin they smell weakness and be sure they are comming back to burn your car in a month after that they will break your windows next they will petrol bomb your house and if its your neighbour they are doing it to, be sure that they will come by yours when they are finished with him.

once again bud you dont know me nor where ive lived and very little would shock me--and maybe the woodview thing isnt really where i live,ever think of that:)

you seem to be expecting Willie O Dea and the city councillors and the gARDAI to come riding in like Custer and his cavalry to the rescue of these surrounded tennants--good luck with that one

and i dont have an fin clue whats goin on:)

you seem to be expecting Willie O Dea and the city councillors and the gARDAI to come riding in like Custer and his cavalry to the rescue of these surrounded tennants--good luck with that one

woodview we will take this up again in the morning,if you want,right now your making no sence

ok then good night.

just curious what do you want to see happen with this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nazman

sorry to be pedantic, but custer didn't save anyone. he launched an ill advised assault and was massacred with the rest of his troops. this crap will continue until someone dies. the gang issue will continue until someone with a high public profile die.s

• Advertisement

yeah custer was actully a terrible general read somewhere that in the civil war any units he commanded suffered on average 60 percent higher casualties than other units--he was a glory seeker for himself,only redeeming feature he had was that he was brave and shared the danger that he put his men in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement