Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Front office pissing off our 2 most important players this off season. Don't think the players are blameless in it but bridges need to be mended and soon.
    Weddle and Rivers both have 3-4 productive years left and the team will not get upgrades on them so time to get it sorted out and extend

Saw on twitter a few of the knowledgeable supporters reckon Barksdale might be a good move for us from watching his tape. Music to my ears.
    Look forward to reading Kyles breakdown on BFTB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

OAOB wrote: »
    Saw on twitter a few of the knowledgeable supporters reckon Barksdale might be a good move for us from watching his tape. Music to my ears.
    Look forward to reading Kyles breakdown on BFTB

Yeah looking forward to bolts from view on the signing, the weddle situation has to be sorted out his leadership on the defence is very important and his experience to pass on to the rookies in the mini camps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yeah not sure where the Robinson love is coming from, he will only ever be a backup center for me. Barksdale is a much better option along the line. I'd put Sirles ahead of Robinson right now even though he is a probably a guard only.

I still think Fluke keeps his spot at RT and Barksdale fights it out with the mass of bodies for the right guard spot. I see Quigley is gone already.

Very disappointed with the article I read on nfl com, no contract talks with weddle till season is over, very dangerous move with a player of his talent, on plus talks with liguet and rivers are going well

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the article I read on nfl com, no contract talks with weddle till season is over, very dangerous move with a player of his talent, on plus talks with liguet and rivers are going well

The Weddle thing is a total mess. The only thing is he can of course be franchised in 2016 if need be, but methinks this upcoming season will be his last in SD. He is not getting any younger but you'd have to wonder what sort of bridges have been burned between him and Chargers brass over this. I could have seen him come back/stay as a coach when he is done playing but not so sure he will now.

Liuget is a no brainer, glad to hear they are in talks...

I must say when I saw that video of Perryman jumping around at that dodgeball thing all I could think was WTF!!, it was like an ACL injury waiting to happen. Not surprised he was read the riot act by McCoy on his return to CP. The guy was even kept out of on the field drills last week for chrissakes and off he goes to this thing at the w/e. Stupid with a capital S.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    The Weddle thing is a total mess. The only thing is he can of course be franchised in 2016 if need be, but methinks this upcoming season will be his last in SD. He is not getting any younger but you'd have to wonder what sort of bridges have been burned between him and Chargers brass over this. I could have seen him come back/stay as a coach when he is done playing but not so sure he will now.

Liuget is a no brainer, glad to hear they are in talks...

I must say when I saw that video of Perryman jumping around at that dodgeball thing all I could think was WTF!!, it was like an ACL injury waiting to happen. Not surprised he was read the riot act by McCoy on his return to CP. The guy was even kept out of on the field drills last week for chrissakes and off he goes to this thing at the w/e. Stupid with a capital S.

Yeah I had hoped he finish as a charger and return as coach or in an other capitcity, yeah liuget is a big part of the defence and will be the leader when weddle is gone,

Ah I thought I was seeing things when watching it, pure insanity after sitting out otas last week with a problem, when McCoy and Tt seen they must have went mental, he needed a reading for it

Yeah I had hoped he finish as a charger and return as coach or in an other capitcity, yeah liuget is a big part of the defence and will be the leader when weddle is gone,

Ah I thought I was seeing things when watching it, pure insanity after sitting out otas last week with a problem, when McCoy and Tt seen they must have went mental, he needed a reading for it

I see good ol Donald Butler admitted he was pure sh1te last year, but interesting that he/or it was also mentioned he had 2 surgeries in the offseason. They were always denying he was playing hurt last year, I wonder what the real truth was. I will agree will him that he was pure muck last yr. It would be great to see the 2103 Butler back.

I see good ol Donald Butler admitted he was pure sh1te last year, but interesting that he/or it was also mentioned he had 2 surgeries in the offseason. They were always denying he was playing hurt last year, I wonder what the real truth was. I will agree will him that he was pure muck last yr. It would be great to see the 2103 Butler back.

oh dear oh dear McCoy, you see what mccoy is reportedly said at otas today or yesterday only just seen it on phone, he really making this weddle mess a whole lot worse if its true, Yeah I had good laugh at that, at least he had the b**ls to admit he was muck last year, wonder if he was injured, be good see him at his previous best all rite,

oh dear oh dear McCoy, you see what mccoy is reportedly said at otas today or yesterday only just seen it on phone, he really making this weddle mess a whole lot worse if its true, Yeah I had good laugh at that, at least he had the b**ls to admit he was muck last year, wonder if he was injured, be good see him at his previous best all rite,

Was that McCoy having a go at him? intimating he should be 'here' with his teammates?... and that we should move on without him. Silly silly silly.

No mention of Gates not being there either.

I'm not a fan of McNorv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

No one ask is Weddle the issue here?

We don't seem to have an issue with contract talks with anyone else including Rivers who had publicly come out and said he wouldn't negotiate.

Was that McCoy having a go at him? intimating he should be 'here' with his teammates?... and that we should move on without him. Silly silly silly.

No mention of Gates not being there either.

I'm not a fan of McNorv.

Yeah that's the one Leslie, maybe I'm the only one who rather not see or hear of that coming out ota, focus on the players who are present and get the rookies used to the drills and that, don't say anything silly or stupid that could come back and affect the locker room at key time in the season, these things can boil over and ruin a run at the playoffs, I agree with roichey weddle could handle the situation better as could the chargers, rivers is working out getting to know Gordon and building a good rhythm with green in gates absence which is crucial for the future,

Yeah that's the one Leslie, maybe I'm the only one who rather not see or hear of that coming out ota, focus on the players who are present and get the rookies used to the drills and that, don't say anything silly or stupid that could come back and affect the locker room at key time in the season, these things can boil over and ruin a run at the playoffs, I agree with roichey weddle could handle the situation better as could the chargers, rivers is working out getting to know Gordon and building a good rhythm with green in gates absence which is crucial for the future,

Yeah I just hope there is substance to the hyping of Green again, for too long has he not been getting a real shot. Supposedly that is as much his fault as the coaching staff's. He needs to grow up and realise he is the future here at TE and grasp the opp by the gonads.

Yeah I just hope there is substance to the hyping of Green again, for too long has he not been getting a real shot. Supposedly that is as much his fault as the coaching staff's. He needs to grow up and realise he is the future here at TE and grasp the opp by the gonads.

If he doesn't grasp it this season and gates carries the team again, I'll be worried as there's no other te on the rooster to fill his boots in my opinion

At last............ Liuget deal is done. Now for Philip.

At last............ Liuget deal is done. Now for Philip.

Yeah and looks good value to me,

And Malcom says 2015 is his final year. I can still remember the day he came in as an UDFA from Wyoming. Followed him from that moment on, even had him as my 'adopted' Charger way back when... before he became known as M80. Love the underdog stories like his, Gates and more recently Branden Oliver.

More good news today. Chargers announced they will retire #21

Never in doubt, reason I fell in love with the Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Yeah and looks good value to me,

whats he getting?

phatkev wrote: »
    whats he getting?

5 year 58 mill with 30 guaranteed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Holy sh1t. That makes him 4th highest paid DE in the league, absolutely absurd!! If Liuget is worth that much I dread to think what Mo Wilkerson's agent is asking the Jets for

Rochey18 wrote: »
    More good news today. Chargers announced they will retire #21

Never in doubt, reason I fell in love with the Chargers

I started following the chargers because of him when I started watching nfl in 2002/3

phatkev wrote: »
    Holy sh1t. That makes him 4th highest paid DE in the league, absolutely absurd!! If Liuget is worth that much I dread to think what Mo Wilkerson's agent is asking the Jets for

Liuget is good but it is pretty incredible to pay any 3-4 DE not named JJ Watt that sort of money. 3-4 DEs can end up just being space/body eaters. They are not generally expected to create much of a pass rush but should be effective in the run game (our other DE Reyes is v poor at both). The big deal for 3-4 DEs is that they need a dominant nose tackle alongside and Liuget has never had that, so to be honest he has done pretty well ****e nose tackle play considered.

Liuget is pretty much the only half decent D lineman we have and is always seeing minimum double teams.

Can't believe the Weddle presser. Does not paint TT in good light. Seems the Bolts have come up with No number at all. Perhaps Weddles agent told them a figure and the Chargers said no way, but it does not seem like they even tried... It will be very disappointing if Eric is not playing in LA (sorry SD) in 2016.

Unreal what a mess the whole city mayor fabiani team has become. It seems to me the Chargers have no intention of staying at all. Hate the way Deano and his babies hide behind Fabiani. Dean should grow some balls and come out and tell us WTF he really thinks. I'm so sick of all the BS.

Can't believe the Weddle presser. Does not paint TT in good light. Seems the Bolts have come up with No number at all. Perhaps Weddles agent told them a figure and the Chargers said no way, but it does not seem like they even tried... It will be very disappointing if Eric is not playing in LA (sorry SD) in 2016.

Unreal what a mess the whole city mayor fabiani team has become. It seems to me the Chargers have no intention of staying at all. Hate the way Deano and his babies hide behind Fabiani. Dean should grow some balls and come out and tell us WTF he really thinks. I'm so sick of all the BS.

I can't believe the disrespect showing to weddle he's a key player and team leader not easy to replace him, seen some reporters talking about a trade,
    the whole SD L.A. thing is a farce seems they are going no matter what sd puts on table now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Gates out for start of season. Failed drug test.

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Gates out for start of season. Failed drug test.

I actually think this is fine. We now get a chance for Green to show us if he can carry the workload that comes with being a starting TE and it's at a non crucial point of the season. If he shows up then we have brilliant duo at TE.
    Gates is at the point of his career where his body will struggle to last over a 16 game season so the shorter season should have him playing better WHEN we get to the playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

That's the positive side of things to look on. Alternatively you could react like BFTB which has gotten amazingly sh*t lately. Kyle Posey adn the guy who does play break downs during the season is just about the only reason I go there now a days

Have to agree about BFTB unfortunately but is there any alternative place to go? For me it's the best of a bad bunch

• Advertisement

OAOB wrote: »
    I actually think this is fine. We now get a chance for Green to show us if he can carry the workload that comes with being a starting TE and it's at a non crucial point of the season. If he shows up then we have brilliant duo at TE.
    Gates is at the point of his career where his body will struggle to last over a 16 game season so the shorter season should have him playing better WHEN we get to the playoffs

Yeah can't agree more with you on that, its perfect chance to see what LG can do in his contract year, now that gates is out for four games he has the games to prove he is the future at te, I know they plays may have be changed to suit his style of play more but it could be the chance for him to really help rivers and the wrs or woodhead on passing downs stretching the field with his speed to create more space on short routes for them, if he doesn't take it well it could be the end of him in sd

Advertisement