Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

For those of you checking your credit reports, make sure you use experian as the clear score report powered by equifax didn't show have the amount of searches including the ACPO police vetting search. I had experian a few years ago so had to pay the £15 but it was worth it and now I just have to remember to cancel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

WannabePC wrote: »
    For those of you checking your credit reports, make sure you use experian as the clear score report powered by equifax didn't show have the amount of searches including the ACPO police vetting search. I had experian a few years ago so had to pay the £15 but it was worth it and now I just have to remember to cancel it!

Silly question but where will it show up on the website if they have carried out a check?
    There's no sign of one having been on me yet but just wondering for future reference.

Mac91 wrote: »
    Silly question but where will it show up on the website if they have carried out a check?
    There's no sign of one having been on me yet but just wondering for future reference.

Not silly at all chum. It'll be under searches. Car insurance conpanies and other credit companies that do checks for any type of finance that you apply for on anything even mobile phone contracts will do this. It's considered a soft search that won't harm your credit rating and it'll show up as APCO police vetting.

Well I feel like a right eejit...didn't realise you actually had to click on the credit application thing to reveal if any checks had been done. I just assumed they'd appear automatically.

In the unlikely event that anyone else is as daft as me here's a little tip: In the 'Your searches & records' section of your credit report, click on the bit that says 'How many credit applications have you made in the last 6 months?', it'll then reveal all the searches that have been carried out.

It seems so obvious now but I was deceived by the blank boxes beside it! I'll not be applying for the role of Detective anytime soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Well I feel like a right eejit...didn't realise you actually had to click on the credit application thing to reveal if any checks had been done. I just assumed they'd appear automatically.

In the unlikely event that anyone else is as daft as me here's a little tip: In the 'Your searches & records' section of your credit report, click on the bit that says 'How many credit applications have you made in the last 6 months?', it'll then reveal all the searches that have been carried out.

It seems so obvious now but I was deceived by the blank boxes beside it! I'll not be applying for the role of Detective anytime soon...

LOL Mac took me a while to navigate it, you're not the only one! So have you been checked then?

• Advertisement

Aye, said a check had been done in late November. I was happy to see that but I'm not letting myself get too hopeful because the vetting is still ongoing.

Vetting is still ongoing after sending it away in October, and I know of a few others in the same position. If our vetting hasn't cleared for the next 2 intakes March/April, what happens? Is it just a case of too bad/unlucky or do we roll into the next campaigns intakes? Very frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Floral15 wrote: »
    Vetting is still ongoing after sending it away in October, and I know of a few others in the same position. If our vetting hasn't cleared for the next 2 intakes March/April, what happens? Is it just a case of too bad/unlucky or do we roll into the next campaigns intakes? Very frustrating :(

Hey Floral, I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Is there no way for you to call them and ask specifically what the hold up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Floral15 wrote: »

They didn't carry candidates over from C1 to C2, but you can never be too sure what the PSNI will decide to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Floral15 wrote:
    Vetting is still ongoing after sending it away in October, and I know of a few others in the same position. If our vetting hasn't cleared for the next 2 intakes March/April, what happens? Is it just a case of too bad/unlucky or do we roll into the next campaigns intakes? Very frustrating

I submitted mine in July and it's still ongoing, as for calling they will not give you any further information other than its still ongoing, I believe that if we dont get the call before the end of this campaign then we get binned. This has to be the most frustrating experience of my life to date grrr :-)

• Advertisement

StingrayGC wrote: »
    I submitted mine in July and it's still ongoing, as for calling they will not give you any further information other than its still ongoing, I believe that if we dont get the call before the end of this campaign then we get binned. This has to be the most frustrating experience of my life to date grrr :-)

I'm sure you are very disheartened by this, I'm starting to feel a little this way and very frustrated as it feels everything is on hold! Don't want to book a holiday or trips away this year etc and putting off opportunities with work as I'm holding out for this. Would be very unfair if we get binned after all this time and also the cost for them to put us through all the stages. I know I'm not alone in this situation as there is a fair few in the same boat, which would seem ridiculous if they binned us :( and did ring also email and they won't she'd light on anything. Trying to keep the faith though! Lol :)

The vetting delay has definitely knocked my confidence, but I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

The vetting delay has definitely knocked my confidence, but I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

It's funny how I've gone from feeling 'when' to 'if' I get in, over vetting. Some characters in public office whose vetting must have taken a decade to finish, if this is the speed they work! :-)

Will be unhappy to miss out after nearly 2 year process of hanging on, but trying to keep positive whilst knowing probably only 3 weeks to next batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

It totally sucks and I wish it wouldn't happen to anyone but IF it does the only way I got through it was to think it wasn't just my time and that it will happen when it's supposed to.

Vetting takes such a long time for some so please try not to lose heart, nothing is ever promised to us, just a little patience and it will happen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just got vetting forms through the post. I am assuming it is for the the 1405 campaign as I havent even done my AC yet in the last one. Its just I have a question about the UID No. Questions. I am assuming it is my 1405 campaign number I am putting down and not the 2015 campaign number? Feeling so blonde right now!

Yes my lovely. UID 14050......... Remember to add in the 13090 in the relevant section if you did it last campaign.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Just got vetting forms through the post. I am assuming it is for the the 1405 campaign as I havent even done my AC yet in the last one. Its just I have a question about the UID No. Questions. I am assuming it is my 1405 campaign number I am putting down and not the 2015 campaign number? Feeling so blonde right now!

It'll be for the 1405 campaign mate, as they'll not put anyone through the police managed stages such as vetting and pca etc until Deloitte hand them the merit list after the AC stage.

Oh gosh. I think i have my 1309 number somewhere also.

Oh gosh. I think i have my 1309 number somewhere also.

Section on the first page for it. Should speed up vetting for you. Mine passed this time round before my PCA was done as nothing much had changed since then. Search the emails :)

I was able to find my 1001 campaign number too, thank goodness I held on to my later correspondence. Shredded everything before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Hi, I emailed vetting this morning and was told my vetting was now pending.
    This seems different to the other time I asked which was end of December and they said it was on going?

Has anybody ever heard this or does it mean its nearing the end of the process?

Thanks

Callzo wrote: »
    Hi, I emailed vetting this morning and was told my vetting was now pending.
    This seems different to the other time I asked which was end of December and they said it was on going?

Has anybody ever heard this or does it mean its nearing the end of the process?

Thanks

Hey! I just checked through my emails as I have sent quite a few emails asking about my vetting progress and one a few weeks ago said "pending" but the most recent which was Friday said "ongoing" previous ones said ongoing also......so I would say I think it means the same thing :)

Unless on going isnthem doing all the research and snooping but pending means theyve done all that and are waiting to make a decision on whether you're cleared or not. Just an idea :-/

Do you hear back from vetting or will I have to contact them?

Do you hear back from vetting or will I have to contact them?

To check that your vetting has cleared you'll need to email or phone vetting branch. You'll not hear if it's cleared unless you check yourself buddy. If you sent the email and they haven't replied, send them another first thing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Space_Invader

Do the PSNI contact your current employer for a reference? If so, do they say they are the PSNI?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Do the PSNI contact your current employer for a reference? If so, do they say they are the PSNI?

hopefully not until they've offered a place in G.V!!

I think there is a box in vetting forms whereby you can annotate you do not want them to contact your current employer. I did this as I did not want vetting to contact my current employer and then maybe end up not getting a place for one reason or another. Then have the awkwardness in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi guys quick question.
    Passed the assessment centre with an incredibly low score (first time applicant). My question is do the psni send all those who have passed the AC vetting forms or do they only contact the higher scorers in their order of merit with the vetting forms?

They send out vetting to the highest scoring candidates and wait until they've progressed them on a state of two before sending out the next batch. We were guessing last campaign that they did it in groups of 100 but no one knows for sure. They'll work in batches and people with similar scores are processed together.

If you've got a low score I wouldn't worry, I posted in the assessment centre thread if you fancy a read at my opinion. Good luck my lovely, chin up, it will happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Chasethedream

Just passed the AC now after reading through the many reasons people may be removed from the process I'm slightly worried ..... Could I be pulled out for points on my driving license?

Advertisement