Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Remind me never to post about the Game again :o.

Or 50....

Being an actual gangster is not cool kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

This thread encouraged me to read about The Game on Wikipedia.

I don't know how, but I eventually ended up on a page about the Black Death's spread around Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

It's comical though from me and prettyboy as its going back and forth for years :D

I do feel people should be allowed discuss anyone without having their heads bite of though, a simple question about a few lryics and why do people like him and People got defensive and ratty straight away ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

As far as the bullet wounds you'v said the 5 are clearly visible in person but didnt he get shot in the ankle? he was wearing pants in dublin man i doubt you seen them all, infact in a concert situation where everyone is buzzing in poor lighting i severely doubt you copped them, be honest. Again though I do believe he got shot 5 times , never said he didnt.
    For **** sake when did I say I examined his body and counted 5 wounds? Don't put words in my mouth, I saw wounds on his torso, they were very visible. I didn't count them on the night, never said I did :confused:
    These are all more questions that could be raised about how sincere the games actual story is. you asked me do i believe everything games brother says, i ask you do you believe everything game says? because the above are all topics that could of been raised to aid the coma story with actual evidence backing them up.
    I believe more or less nothing of what any rapper says they did, what they sold, how much money they have and how many bitches they've ****ed. Not Game (stripper that was on a dating show), 50 (rat/police informant, addicted to steroids), Pac (ballerina turned rapist) etc. The fact that you do believe everything you hear certain rappers say is ridiculous. You're more concerned with the rappers pasts and personal lives than you are with their music. It's pretty desperate but I suppose you did start this "Hip hop gossip" thread so I shouldn't be surprised.
    i wouldn't even stoop so low to go back and quote some of your posts, to follow me around on youtube is a bit extreme tbh mate. Here's the link to my new youtube channel (lost password for that account) with hip hop songs i like, feel free to look , i bet you'll be surprised how much of the game is actually in it. I might aswell give you my facebook, twitter, name & address while im at it too ye ?
    No ones following you around, I was looking at a certain video on YouTube a while back and glancing through the comments, I see another YouTube user mention your name. There you are trolling, same as you're doing here. You can't search the comments you've made through your YouTube profile, I literally came across it by chance. You keep telling us you're just giving fair criticism when you're blatantly trolling, it's there for everyone to see, you were caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Right I've another lyrics question. This time it's about Kanye. At around 1:40 in "Dark Fantasy" he says the following: "I'm just a Chi-town n***a with a nice flow". At least that's what I think he says. For a while I thought he was saying "with a Nas flow". Even Kanye wouldn't think so highly of himself as to say that.

Anyone else have any opinions? Personally, I think he says 'nice' but bends the sound of the word so that it could be mistaken for 'Nas'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think he's saying Nice. It's just his accent that makes it sound a bit different.

Anyone else have any opinions? Personally, I think he says 'nice' but bends the sound of the word so that it could be mistaken for 'Nas'.

Definitely intentional, he's saying both.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I think he's saying Nice. It's just his accent that makes it sound a bit different.

Yea the more I listen to it the more I think it is nice. The first time I heard it though I nearly crashed the car. I thought Kanye's ego had taken one step too far :P.

Right I've another lyrics question. This time it's about Kanye. At around 1:40 in "Dark Fantasy" he says the following: "I'm just a Chi-town n***a with a nice flow". At least that's what I think he says. For a while I thought he was saying "with a Nas flow". Even Kanye wouldn't think so highly of himself as to say that.

That's nothing. When I first heard this:

Right around the 3:41 mark, Drake says "I'm feeling like Nas: who am I to disagree?" First I thought he's comparing himself to Nas, but on further look he's actually just quoting a Nas line from Street Dreams.

For **** sake when did I say I examined his body and counted 5 wounds? Don't put words in my mouth, I saw wounds on his torso, they were very visible. I didn't count them on the night, never said I did
    He was shot 5 times, I've seen the wounds up close.

that to me suggests you'v seen them all but who cares im not doubting he was shot, you taught i was.

I believe more or less nothing of what any rapper says they did, what they sold, how much money they have and how many bitches they've ****ed. Not Game (stripper that was on a dating show), 50 (rat/police informant, addicted to steroids), Pac (ballerina turned rapist) etc. The fact that you do believe everything you hear certain rappers say is ridiculous. You're more concerned with the rappers pasts and personal lives than you are with their music. It's pretty desperate but I suppose you did start this "Hip hop gossip" thread so I shouldn't be surprised.

so your getting ratty and personal again, no surprise at all, when you talk yourself into something you cant talk yourself out of. The fact is you were the cause of this being escalated like always when it comes to the game. Took the heads of us because we questioned his lryics and i gave my reasons for liking him. Iv no problem going back and forth with you, most couldn't be arsed or dont care but if you want to make a big deal out of a simple question let it be so.
    No ones following you around, I was looking at a certain video on YouTube a while back and glancing through the comments, I see another YouTube user mention your name. There you are trolling, same as you're doing here. You can't search the comments you've made through your YouTube profile, I literally came across it by chance. You keep telling us you're just giving fair criticism when you're blatantly trolling, it's there for everyone to see, you were caught out.

thats right man a troll who puts his hands in his pockets and supports games music, imigine if all trolls were like me eh... last time i checked i think people who bought an artists music were called fans but hey what do i know obviously not as hardcore as yourself :rolleyes:

I could post clear evidence of you trolling a thread i posted it in so be careful what you preech but then again im not that desperate to go qouting stuff said ages ago unlike some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads ye're blowing this Game thing way out of proportion.

Anyway was just wondering if anyone else thought Drake is at the point now where he can be proclaimed as better than Biggie, Tupac, Nas etc.

I could post clear evidence of you trolling a thread i posted it in so be careful what you preech

Post away, I'm interested in seeing this now.

Going to leave it at this, no good will come of it and it won't lead to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Lads ye're blowing this Game thing way out of proportion.

Anyway was just wondering if anyone else thought Drake is at the point now where he can be proclaimed as better than Biggie, Tupac, Nas etc.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Post away, I'm interested in seeing this now.

Going to leave it at this, no good will come of it and it won't lead to anything.

exactly, your right.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can we cool it on discussions on the Game for a while please? It's difficult reading for all of us.

Lil Wayne pulled Nicki Minaj from Hot 97 Summer Jam because Peter Rosenberg dissed her.

Legend.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Lil Wayne pulled Nicki Minaj from Hot 97 Summer Jam because Peter Rosenberg dissed her.

Legend.

Just saw it there on twitter, rosenbergs right though that starship stuff isn't hip hop music.

Id say Rosenberg might be in trouble with his boss's though, it was a pretty lame line up compared to other summer jams to begin with and now its minus young money.

It's possibly the worst summer jam ever tbh.

Supposedly the members of Wu Tang Clan might be playing themselves in the up-coming biopic on ODB. GZA has ruled himself out already though. Hopefully the rest of them do it. It's based on a period of ODB's life in the early 00's so they wouldn't look too old playing themselves.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Supposedly the members of Wu Tang Clan might be playing themselves in the up-coming biopic on ODB. GZA has ruled himself out already though. Hopefully the rest of them do it. It's based on a period of ODB's life in the early 00's so they wouldn't look too old playing themselves.

I think that Young Dirty Bastard is having some involvement....and if you havnet checked out YDB's music yet, you should. Sounds and looks ridiculously like ODB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

GZA is easily my favourite member, :( thought he would be good at acting, well fúck it, it's not really acting, he's playing himself. He was cool in coffee and cigarettes along with rza and Bill Murray.

It would just be great to have all the members in for legacy, a really authentic project.

Was watching the video for Common's "The People" when I seen this comment from our very own:

http://gyazo.com/f4c5742c0b062676456a88cb4c743055

:D

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Was watching the video for Common's "The People" when I seen this comment from our very own:

http://gyazo.com/f4c5742c0b062676456a88cb4c743055

:D

Lol forgot all about that. It's basically a pisstake aimed at the morons that go around youtube writing:

"If you want to make a difference to my life please thumbs up this comment, i am a (insert age) rapper from (insert rich white suburb) please stop by my channel and share my videos etc etc"

I must see about 10 of them comments daily.
    Nice to see i have the top comment anyway :D

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Lol forgot all about that. It's basically a pisstake aimed at the morons that go around youtube writing:

"If you want to make a difference to my life please thumbs up this comment, i am a (insert age) rapper from (insert rich white suburb) please stop by my channel and share my videos etc etc"

I must see about 10 of them comments daily.
    Nice to see i have the top comment anyway :D

Haha that's brilliant. Fair play with the top comment.

My dad had a top comment on a video once. He set up an account to post a reply to a video. He got a good bit of abuse over it from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Eminem confirmed a new album is being worked on.
    Slaughterhouse moved their album to release in July.
    Yelawolf & Travis Barker have finished their EP 'Physco White' and they have an 11 minute video coming out soon.
    Yeeep

little freestyle from em for a ice t documentary called something from nothing (the art of rap)

26 seconds onwards was good, but it all sounded a little forced.

Meh, eminem has had way better freestyles than that.

Ice T doc, jesus come with a better freestyle.

He said he was a huge Ice T fan you would imagine he would come with a better freestyle.

• Advertisement

I checked out young dirty bastard earlier, people say there was no father to ODB's style, which is true, but with YDB there is. Literally.

I can't say i like him to be honest. He needs to switch things up.

Advertisement