Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

How have we got into a position where we basically need 7 from 9 points in our final 3 games against 1st 3rd and 4th to hold onto second place. FFS

It's looks even worse when you look at the remaining fixtures of all three clubs. I genuinely can't see how we're not going to finish fourth. The match we're probably most likely to win is the Dundalk match, purely on the basis that it could be their reserve team that we face as they'll be too afraid to play Richie Towell & Co. in case we target them to try to injure them!

That said though, the way we're playing at the moment, we'll struggle to beat even their reserve side. Thankfully we're already guaranteed European football!

Maybe we're just trying to lull Dundalk into a false sense of security though by playing terrible now but then, come the 8th November, turn on the style! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Good result tonight, still won't be easy thou

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Dundalk next week. I want a win. Every game we need to want to win. Good win tonight to be fair pats are decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im fairly sure the players are never sent out and told to not try and win :confused:

Good result last nigth after Fridays "effort". 2nd should really be tied now. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

gimmick wrote: »
    ... Good result last nigth after Fridays "effort". 2nd should really be tied now. Fingers crossed.

2 draws or just 1 win from our last 2 games and 2nd is assured.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2nd is another good season on top of a Cup Final that's solid.

Next year can push for league and least win a tie in Europe. That should be the aim.

yeah the major disappointment of this year for me was the two european games really should have seen that tie through. League wise Dundalk just won too many games we need new mid fielders healey and miller getting old

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

hman231 wrote: »
    yeah the major disappointment of this year for me was the two european games really should have seen that tie through. League wise Dundalk just won too many games we need new mid fielders healey and miller getting old

Oh god, please don't remind me of that match in Iceland. No City fan deserves to be reminded of that atrocity.

2nd is another good season on top of a Cup Final that's solid.

That sounds a great season, but if we do not win the cup the season will be instantly forgetable. Even now, aside from the 2nd half v Pats in QF, there is no real standout moments for the 2015 season.

Which is odd as 2nd is a good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh god, please don't remind me of that match in Iceland. No City fan deserves to be reminded of that atrocity.

I was there, imagine how I felt? During half time in extra time I went for a walk down the stand for a smoke and got chatting to a couple of Icelandic fellas, they couldn't believe how negative City were, especially seeing as KR were down to 10 men. They said if KR played like that they would be embarrassed, I couldn't find a reason to disagree.

I realise its also a learning curve for Caulfield with it being his first job in LOI football as manager, and I hope to god we start getting it right over the next two years cause the potential for this club is huge. We have so much going for us, best ground in the league, we get the best crowds, I've recently seen the draft plans for the new training base in Glanmire, and honestly, there would be English Championship and lower level EPL teams jealous of what we'll have. Exciting times, we just need something to accelerate us, and hopefully a Cup win will be just that.

• Advertisement

CCFC 2-2 Dundalk. Well done coming from 2 down. Need a result vs Bohs to get 2nd spot. First 25 mins they really out classed us and we didn't lay a finger teams need to be more confident vs Dundalk and not let them play as they will destroy you then. Really good response just praying we can beat them in the cup final at least get one back over them for once.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A very good draw considering we were 2 down. It really is about time we beat them, bring on the final!!!

... Need a result vs Bohs to get 2nd spot ...

Even if Shamrock Rovers beat Drogheda United, a draw away to Bohs will be enough to secure 2nd.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    A very good draw considering we were 2 down. It really is about time we beat them, bring on the final!!!

Imagine if we'd won -- to come from 2 down to win say 3-2 would be such a booster for the final. Still though, to come from 2 down and grab a point was still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Michael McSweeney, Kevin O'Connor & Kearney were like boys vs men out there.

We drew, but if Dundalk won by 2/3 goals nobody would have said they didn't deserve it.

Don't mind being underdogs for the final, suits my mentality more.

I agree but they wont be playing vs Dundalk in the final. The most important thing in the final is that we get into their faces and then we will have a chance otherwise we will get rolled.
    Just need to get a good performance vs Bohs and hopefully then go into the final with some decent results

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Anyone know last night's attendance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »

2,618 to be precise. :P :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great finish to the lge, second place to a team that are a cut above the rest has to be seen as a great lge. The negative away tactics for long periods of the lge certainly stopped us from having a chance of winning it. But with a European place in the bag and a one off game to be cup champions , its hard not to be happy.
    Bring on the final!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great too see another of the 19s blooded tonight at senior level!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Last season we overacheived I feel anyway, this season I thought we looked a better unit, maybe till September when things went little downhill, but good finish and still trophy to be won.

Well done to the lads. Finishing on a win should be a big boost for the final.

COYCC

Good win vs Bohs just a real pity with the limerick and rovers game back to back. Dundalk just too strong but if they lose towell next year we should do it. cant wait for the final

Club shop only open 11-5 this week. Closed today.

Surely they should be open more this week of all weeks? Who can get to Douglas at those times Monday to Friday? Mess.

I think that if we win the cup final we really will be looking at a few great years coming up. Biggest supported team in the league and I know that the way we are growing as a club the only way is up. Dundalk will fall short soon they wont be able to continue this

I think that if we win the cup final we really will be looking at a few great years coming up. Biggest supported team in the league and I know that the way we are growing as a club the only way is up. Dundalk will fall short soon they wont be able to continue this

They'll probably be able to continue it for as long as Fyffes are paying their players wages! :pac: :pac: :D

Lads me and 3 of my friends wanna go too the final.. We are city fans 15 years have drove all over the country too see them intermediatly. What's the best way too get too Dublin Sunday??no one wants too drive this time!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads me and 3 of my friends wanna go too the final.. We are city fans 15 years have drove all over the country too see them intermediatly. What's the best way too get too Dublin Sunday??no one wants too drive this time!!

The easiest way would be to use the train that City have laid on for us. Tickets are €35. That's the way we're going anyway.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    The easiest way would be to use the train that City have laid on for us. Tickets are €35. That's the way we're going anyway.

Is there seats left buddy? Pm links etc please cuz u know I'm not lazy or drunk ;)

Advertisement