Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

shocksy wrote: »
    Has anyone every bought DVD's from the Amazon.de website, a couple of good boxets up will be going on sale in the black friday deals, i know the outer covers will be in german and that, but once the language is also english will it be a problem???

That depends on the particular movie/show. Some will be a selection of languages, some will be English only, some will be German only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

GarIT wrote: »
    That depends on the particular movie/show. Some will be a selection of languages, some will be English only, some will be German only.

Thanks

Just checked and the languages it has is German 2.0 and English 5.1

so that shouldnt be a problem, its currently cheaper on .de than .uk at the moment so will be interesting to see how much it is with the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

had the 512 in the basket, hoping for a better deal than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

RossieMan wrote: »
    had the 512 in the basket, hoping for a better deal than that.

Same. It wasn't a bad offer, just not good enough to 'jump' on. Gave me enough time to reason myself out of the purchase. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No was a grand offer, but not one that made you give them your money.
    €150 is a lot really, especially if you don't really need it.

I can see a better deal happening yet.

Bugger that. Have an SSD already and was just looking to double capacity.
    New video card a better option if talking that money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Got the 256GB ssd yesterday and it looked lonely in the dispatch bin so I got its big brother a while ago to keep it company:D Seems like a good deal to me.

Dinner's on cookbook states 68% off but it is a scam! it is 68% off the RRP £20 but the normal retail price of this is £9.94 and it was on amazon before the deal for £8.46.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Dinner's on cookbook states 68% off but it is a scam! it is 68% off the RRP £20 but the normal retail price of this is £9.94 and it was on amazon before the deal for £8.46.

It's not a scam it's common marketing practice that all shops etc do. All the discounts are off the RRP. It's still a discount but it's why you should only buy something if you are sure it's the cheapest price and it usually is even if bolt by a few euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Just nabbed the Linksys router, but after reading reviews I just might let it time out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Don't forget to use www.camelcamelcamel.co.uk

to check the price history of any item you are interested in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

degsie wrote: »
    Just nabbed the Linksys router, but after reading reviews I just might let it time out!
    Was also tempted but a quick look at the CNET review soon changed my mind!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Picked up the lexar 32gb micro sd, considering I paid 18 recently for a 16gb card, £15 with parcelmotel is a great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Almost forgot about the Razor headphones, now just have to decide who to give them too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Looking to pick up World War One collection, Watch Dogs PS4 & possibly the K-Swiss trainers later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If they could stop selling hair removal systems over and over and just give me a nespresso machine that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Oat23 wrote:
    If they could stop selling hair removal systems over and over and just give me a nespresso machine that'd be great.

I think it was the Friday last year we got the nespresso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

First purchase, the KSwiss trainers :D

mcw92 wrote: »
    First purchase, the KSwiss trainers :D

Got them myself! €25! Hope the size matches what I normally take in Nike/Adidas

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Got them myself! €25! Hope the size matches what I normally take in Nike/Adidas

Had no need for them at all after getting a different pair last month and currently awaiting delivery on a pair from Adidas but couldn't turn them down at £19.99. Be handy anyways with the state my runners turn into after nights out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭psugrue

Picked up the Game of Thrones books myself, £26 for the lot which is pretty good, have them on kindle already but have wanted the actual books for a while now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Matrix Trilogy 3-Disc Set: The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions [DVD] £5.49, mad

Could someone tell me how to go about ordering from the Amazon.de site?
    Any delivery charge? Length of delivery?

Never mind, tested something there with Translate on.

Ive just seen that Amazon.de had the G3 for €222 and was raged i missed it, but its still only €239.48(Gold,8GB)? Unreal price.
    Will it work fine over here? LTE bands etc. ? Apart from the charger plug but that is no worries to me.

Never mind again.lol Just realised its the LG G3s

Had no need for them at all after getting a different pair last month and currently awaiting delivery on a pair from Adidas but couldn't turn them down at £19.99. Be handy anyways with the state my runners turn into after nights out. :pac:

Yeah I have a €30 pair from Adidas sale too. Always handy to have a clean pair, like you say they get destroyed after nights on the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Was away at work most of the day and I miss the one bloody thing I've had an eye on for ages, the Tour of Duty boxset!! Feck everything

Any chance of them throwing it up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Could someone tell me how to go about ordering from the Amazon.de site?
    Any delivery charge? Length of delivery?

Never mind, tested something there with Translate on.

Ive just seen that Amazon.de had the G3 for €222 and was raged i missed it, but its still only €239.48(Gold,8GB)? Unreal price.
    Will it work fine over here? LTE bands etc. ? Apart from the charger plug but that is no worries to me.

Never mind again.lol Just realised its the LG G3s

FYI, shipping from Amazon.de to Ireland is charged at €7.50 per delivery + €1.30 per kg. This can be prohibitive for heavy orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

amazon. de definitely deliver to Ireland have got a few bits of them must recently a Sony phone arrived set up for german language but was easy to change on the setup they always charge though and nor all items are included phone I think it was 6 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

zarquon wrote: »
    FYI, shipping from Amazon.de to Ireland is charged at €7.50 per delivery + €1.30 per kg. This can be prohibitive for heavy orders

They charged me a fiver to ship a 32'' TV to Parcel Motel last year. DHL Express. I was delighted :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They do not appear to be raised the price due to the VAT differential....

Also, I waited for a Lenovo All In One Touch Screen PC, hit the buy button as soon as available and didn't even make the wait list!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Deal for this starts at 3:20pm! Can't wait!!

http://goo.gl/lPuueT

ridiculously fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Is this a good deal for this monitor? Anyone have any experience with AOC monitors? Particularly for gaming

http://tinyurl.com/qyflmsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Morpork wrote: »
    Deal for this starts at 3:20pm! Can't wait!!

http://goo.gl/lPuueT

The Mrs would be Drilled to get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The AKG 452 headphones are one of the Deals of the day today at £25. These are great headphones and that is a great price. The cheapest I've seen them for before is £50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bajer101 wrote: »
    The AKG 452 headphones are one of the Deals of the day today at £25. These are great headphones and that is a great price. The cheapest I've seen them for before is £50.

I have the 451's, best headphones I've used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Pity they are gimpy white ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheers just ordered a pair even though I dont really need them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm looking at these myself, they look good.

I'm eyeing up a couple of things today, depending on how much they're reduced.

The Sandisk Clip mp3 player coming up at 12 is a great little player, I have one myself. Might get it as a present for someone.

Also looking at that headlamp for running in the dark and the Seagate 3TB coming up at 12.40.

Does anyone have any experience of the Olympus recorder?

• Advertisement

Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Black (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control) - £46.99

Is this a good price? Been interested in one of these for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got those headphones nice one for the heads up cos Im only looking at the .de site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

God my life is exciting. Got the 18 nappy bin cassettes for 39.99 this morning. As three recently cost me 19.99 it's a great Deal. But the thought of that many nappies still fills me with dread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

adox wrote: »
    Philips LivingColors Iris Colour Changing Mood Light - Black (Integrated 1 x 10 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control) - £46.99

Is this a good price? Been interested in one of these for a while.
    That is ok I would say.
    I got the LivingColors Iris about a year or two back for 50 pounds ish and love it.

gmisk wrote: »
    That is ok I would say.
    I got the LivingColors Iris about year or two back for 50 pounds ish and love it.

Cheers, yeah thats the same product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Got the GF a few Disney DVD's over the last few days, she's gonna be delighted :P

Just need a chromecast to come up in the flash deals now and I'll be sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would go for it then defo good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭manuhalo

Is this a good deal for this monitor? Anyone have any experience with AOC monitors? Particularly for gaming

I ordered a 24-inch one on the first day of deals on amazon (AOC e2460Sh 24 inch LED Monitor) for 99£, it's still going for about 105. I will also use it mainly for gaming. The few reviews I read were all enthusiastic but I haven't received mine yet, so cannot comment. Mind you, mine has a much lower response time (1ms vs 5ms), no idea how much that's going to be noticeable but supposedly these things do matter for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Got those headphones, that's the brother's Christmas gift sorted at least.

Might jump on the Deadwood collection later and will certainly pounce on the Hannibal Seasons 1-2 Bluray. Was disgusted I missed it first time out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

does the .de site send electronics to Ireland. Where on the site does it have this information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Grabbed my first deal, the Soundmagic E30s 70% discount, had one of their similar pairs a few years back and paid 30 for them then, my favourite earphones I've owned! Happy enough

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement