Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

beno619 wrote: »
    There seem to be conflicting reports on whether amazon.de deliver directly to Ireland, can anyone clear this up ?

I've had stuff delivered here, no problems. Some items won't be but will it tell you when you go through to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

beno619 wrote: »
    There seem to be conflicting reports on whether amazon.de deliver directly to Ireland, can anyone clear this up ?

I've ordered a phone from their and a phone from amazon.es without any issues. Used parcel motel both times though to reduce VAT liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

This year so far I've also bought the BigBangTheory boxset, but for myself. Well I had another boxset in my basket with awhile that I didn't want to buy on its own, so just bought the two together :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Disney infinity 2.0 Marvel starter kit for 27.99 pounds Games top wanted 72.50 for it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Damn, that Yamaha soundbar was gone in a flash. No time to even add it to my card. Mustn't have been many of them there for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

If I order Fifa 15 for the PS4 from the .DE site will it play on my Irish Ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Damn, that Yamaha soundbar was gone in a flash. No time to even add it to my card. Mustn't have been many of them there for that price.

I got one, great price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

s.welstead wrote: »
    I got one, great price for it.

Hate you :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Got the kindle fire 7 hdx, without the advertising option, 146 euro. Very pleased with that. The 7hd is 150 in Argos but there is no comparison between the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

shadow of mordor lasted a second.

is there any point of the wishlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cliona2012

any sign of the philips led candles this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I decided that I didn't think the offer on the Pixar was worth it. I mean it is an alright price, but for a deal I wanted something a bit more off of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

zarquon wrote: »
    I've ordered a phone from their and a phone from amazon.es without any issues. Used parcel motel both times though to reduce VAT liability

How long did it take for delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I had it in my basket but I copped on and didnt go through it. Considering for 349e you can get a one with 3 games. Its not worth it at all. And I noticed its going from sold out to 85%-70%. People are realising it too.

down to 24% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Bought myself the Garmin watch :) unreal for the price couldnt find much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Lee Evans 8 disc boxset for £9.99 thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

call of duty advance warfare xbox 360 is now 29 sterling on amazon uk

Sopranos complete blu ray 59.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Did anyone get any of the blu rays today? How much of a reduction will be on Godzilla?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Did anyone get any of the blu rays today? How much of a reduction will be on Godzilla?

Hopefully they price it to go-go-go-Godzilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

DaraDali wrote: »

Me too. I was surprised how slow it was selling. It's less than half the price here

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Me too. I was surprised how slow it was selling. It's less than half the price here

Already looking at this :)http://sites.garmin.com/en-IE/vector/

Hope i don't make you spend anymore tonight :)

DaraDali wrote: »

On UK or DE? Can't find it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I got a make up brush
    Don't know why but it was a deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

How much was it and which model? (Not listed now)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Rega wrote: »

Ah ok, it was the 910xt? Sounds like a good deal, but it has just been replaced but he 920xt, so it's been due some big drops online soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

How are ye reading the amazon.de site? Am I missing something terribly obvious here (like a good education, perhaps)?

How are ye reading the amazon.de site? Am I missing something terribly obvious here (like a good education, perhaps)?

Google translate extension on chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Use chrome it will ask you if you want to translate the page or right click on the page and you should see translate to English

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You obviously missed the free Udemy course on learning German for Amazon post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

copacetic wrote: »
    Ah ok, it was the 910xt? Sounds like a good deal, but it has just been replaced but he 920xt, so it's been due some big drops online soon.

It was £139. Great price. The 920xt will probley be b between €450-€500. I'd prefer the extra €300 on my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

How's the kindle fire hdx for transferring and playing .avi/.mp4/.mkv video files from PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Zatoichi wrote: »
    How's the kindle fire hdx for transferring and playing .avi/.mp4/.mkv video files from PC?
    I've fire hd and it does all those functions fine, and hdx is a newer version so I'd assume it should be even better. If you need a more powerful tablet I would be looking into something else, but for web browsing/watching movies and reading kindle fire is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    I've fire hd and it does all those functions fine, and hdx is a newer version so I'd assume it should be even better. If you need a more powerful tablet I would be looking into something else, but for web browsing/watching movies and reading kindle fire is fine.

I really just want it to watch movies, maybe rte player if I can get it to work. Is the 16GB enough to do that, once I delete the files when I'm finished, or are there system updates or something that start eating up that space quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Yes, you can play all your torrents on the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I just got a Philips wake up light for 42 pounds. Down from 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I just got a Philips wake up light for 42 pounds. Down from 60.

I got one too as a gift for my brother. €55 was a good deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I installed VLC and it can handle anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

This is coming up at 7pm at £502.75 at he moment even with a 25% reduction would make it a very reasonable 4K tv Maybe someone who has more info may comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

DERICKOO wrote: »
    This is coming up at 7pm at £502.75 at he moment even with a 25% reduction would make it a very reasonable 4K tv Maybe someone who has more info may comment.

Do they deliver this size TV to Ireland?

bromley52 wrote: »
    Do they deliver this size TV to Ireland?

That is what it says. This item can be delivered to Ireland Details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it seems things are coming up all of a sudden that weren't advertised, quite annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

where is the tv deal posted??
    Is it on amazon.uk or .de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Upcoming Deal
    DroidPlayer Full HD Dual Core Android TV Box with XBMC Streamer
    Starts at 8:00 PM
    any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I seem to be getting F'ed in the A by Amazons exchange rate. They converted £75 into €108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

I seem to be getting F'ed in the A by Amazons exchange rate. They converted £75 into €108

I'd never accept currency conversion by a website, I'd always pay in the website's currency and let my bank convert. I think this is a kind of Ryanair-like thing, an extra revenue stream by giving these "sub-optimal" fx rates. I think there's a setting in your Amazon account to say whether to allow conversion or not.

Edit: It's "Turn On / Turn Off Amazon Currency Converter" in the "Payment & GC" section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Picked up a Transcend DrivePro 100 and 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set for £59.48

• Advertisement

peaceboi wrote: »
    where is the tv deal posted??
    Is it on amazon.uk or .de
    its uk
    just stick in search.
    "SEIKI 50-inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV with Freeview

by Seiki"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement