Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PGA says $253,623 from 3 events unless maybe the HSBC doesn't count towards his earnings because he wasn't an affiliate/associate member at the time???

ESPN has him in 81st place $318,623 earned.

Still showing as 40th on OWGR site?

European Tour still saying 39th. Even though the PGA have him down as 3 events, I don't think they've added yesterday's cheque to it. HSBC def goes towards this years pursuit of a card.

I'm going to wait for the Americans to wake up or for abff to clear it all up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PARlance wrote: »
    European Tour still saying 39th. Even though the PGA have him down as 3 events, I don't think they've added yesterday's cheque to it. HSBC def goes towards this years pursuit of a card.

I'm going to wait for the Americans to wake up or for abff to clear it all up!

Last week was his first event as an associate member, I'd say that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

He's still 40th on the OWGR. The gap in average points to the guy above him is only 0.0002 so it would have been easy for someone crunching the numbers at home to get it wrong.

http://www.owgr.com/ranking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just goes to show, he needs to be hitting top 10's or teens to gain in the rankings (okay, all else being equal).
    Very hopeful for Shane this year...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

He's had a good two weeks in the US. Keep going like that and he will get his card. And I would expect him to get more TV coverage too - I can see the TV guys warming to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Met the man himself at the coronas concert last night, really sound and humble guy which makes me like him even more, he was saying hopefully he can push on from his recent good finishes, back over in america next week he said, Heres hoping he can do well and get his card sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »
    Met the man himself at the coronas concert last night, really sound and humble guy which makes me like him even more, he was saying hopefully he can push on from his recent good finishes, back over in america next week he said, Heres hoping he can do well and get his card sorted soon

class dar.

Dropped to 42 in the OWGR. Is he playing this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

According to the schedule on his website, he's not playing this week and his next tournament is the WGC Cadillac the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Good to see him taking his conditioning seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Glad to see Stevie G get a mention. Used to admire him on the putting green and around the course when I first started golf a few years ago. Never mind the fancy sports car sitting in the car park! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great chance of an eagle on his 17th hole of the day. Could get him to 2 under which is in a good position after the first round.

Eagle at 8 (17th) - tied 8th now. Well done Shane.....9 is tricky, so fingers crossed.

Great chance of an eagle on his 17th hole of the day. Could get him to 2 under which is in a good position after the first round.

He got it and a nice little click of the heals too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

He's going along great, fitting in great on the pga.
    Sky commentators praising him again which is great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Bogey on the 9th. Still -1 a decent start. Something to build on.

Rats! Bogey on the last. But -1 is a great opening round on this course. Tied 13th. Splendid!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Come on Lowry!

Quiet so far....1 over after 7.

• Advertisement

He was +1 for his round for a long time, made a good birdie on par 5 12th, then bogeys on the next 2 holes. +2 for the round, +1 overall. Hopefully he can pick up a couple on the next 3 and par the horrible last.

Back to level with a birdie at the 15th. Long putt too, hopefully will give him confidence to push on now, but you could have said that after the 12th.

Ok, a bit disappointing last night. Hopefully he can smarten up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

He isn't always going to get it perfect - nature of the game I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Old diesel wrote: »
    He isn't always going to get it perfect - nature of the game I guess

Top 25 at half way on his first trip to Doral, doing very well IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Top 25 at half way on his first trip to Doral, doing very well IMO.

A fine point

I was responding to the "a bit disappointing last night" point someone made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Shane playing some great golf today... on a bit of a charge up the leaderboard.

HighLine wrote: »
    Shane playing some great golf today... on a bit of a charge up the leaderboard.

Lovely approach to 5. Should get him to 2 under.

Now 4 under through 6 holes for his today. 3 under in total and charging up the leaderboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He's had an excellent round so far, another birdie chance coming up.

Advertisement