Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Questions....

1. Arsene hints at resting players. Who is most likely? Ramsey has been nursing a knock. Sanchez has played an awful lot of games. Koscielny has had the flu.

2. If you had neither Silva or Yaya which would be the most important to get for Sunday?

3. If you could bring any forward in the game in for Kane who would it be? (Benteke and Aguero there already)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Questions....

1. Arsene hints at resting players. Who is most likely? Ramsey has been nursing a knock. Sanchez has played an awful lot of games. Koscielny has had the flu.

2. If you had neither Silva or Yaya which would be the most important to get for Sunday?

3. If you could bring any forward in the game in for Kane who would it be? (Benteke and Aguero there already)

1. If I was Wenger I would I would bench Sanchez and Giroud and would be taking Rambo, Santi, Ozil off after HT... I wouldn't unsettle a settled CB pairing, they haven't been busy of late so shouldn't be in need of a rest.
    2. Silva because he's likely to score as much as Yaya and I would be a lot more confident of him playing (I would be fairly confident of Yaya but if he's on the way out, then who knows the relationship at present)
    3. Let me know when you find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Took me ages getting to sleep last night, kept changing team in my head, finally got team and now Hazard is a doubt so back to square one. Banked the transfer for last week thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Questions....

1. Cazorla , Ozil

2. Silva

3. Costa

If Hazard is out will Costa be on penalties?

Torn between him and Lukaku ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If Hazard is out will Costa be on penalties?

Torn between him and Lukaku ATM.

I'd imagine Drogba should get a decent run for a send off on Sunday so I'd go with Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Mignolet
    Alder Terry Bellerin
    Hazard Ozil Cazorla Silva
    Kane Aguero Benteke

Myhill, Albrighton, Dawson, Wolly

My current XI, with strikes through those who I think are likely to be rotated/injured. I only have one free transfer to play with, 1.1 ITB. Bloody glad I have a 63 point lead because the above doesn't look too healthy.

Right now I'm thinking Wolly out for a playing defender (putting Alder on the bench) and Ozil out for a midfielder - I don't want to take any more than a -4 hit. If Hazard doesn't make it Albrighton has a great fixture, and despite not having great fixtures Alder and Dawson can come in for two of Bellerin/Cazorla/Benteke if I'm unlucky enough to have that many not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Myhill (ars)
    Terry (SUN) Bellerin (WBA) Schlupp (QPR) // pva (ars) Alder (mci)
    Sanchez (WBA) Ramsey (WBA) Silva (SOU) Hazard (SUN) / Cambiasso (QPR)
    Aguero (SOU) Benteke (BUR) / Kane (eve)

Planned transfer. Either Cambiasso to a max £5.2m midfielder and bench Kane or Kane to a max £6.2m striker. On paper that'd make me a pretty strong squad with 9 to 10 of my outfield players at home.

But Bellerin, Sanchez, Ramsey & Benteke could well be rested... which would turn my team into a fairly weak one all of a sudden...

So 3 questions:
    1. N'Doye or Perez worth it since they're both at home and have somethign at stake?
    2. Young worth it? In good form but United have nothing to play for and are away to a team fighting for its survival.
    3. What are the Arsenal and Villa fans thinking about their respective team rotations for GW38?

A few posters already partly answered question 3 but what about the previous 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

iroced wrote: »
    A few posters already partly answered question 3 but what about the previous 2?

Perez and Young are decent enough picks would prefer Perez over N'Doye personally. What is your aim for the week?

I wouldn't worry about who might be rested take 4 players out of anyone teams and it will look very weak.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd imagine Drogba should get a decent run for a send off on Sunday so I'd go with Lukaku.

Jose has said Costa will play.

Hazard didn't train today but JM hopeful he will play some part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Hazard/Sterling for Yaya I think. Will flirt with the idea of another transfer later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I think half of my team are doubtful to play this week, and at least three of the ones that do play have seemingly impossible fixtures. Its a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Graham --> Lukaku(c) done

My team is becoming very Belgian :pac:
    Hazard, Benteke, Lukaku with Alderweireld on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Questions....

I have been looking at Papiss Cisse - Newcastle have everything to play for and are at home to a shoddy West Ham who really have fallen off the wagon recently.

He has returned from an injury and came on as a sub in his last 2 games - From my reading Carver will start him!

It is a crazy thought that is going through my head at the minute - the PVA captaincy* was one last week so maybe not so crazy!

Cisse has his moments

11 PL goals this year
    11 starts 10 sub apperances

(*which influenced Mr.P)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Didnt see anything in Jose interview about Costa, just said Hazard hasn't trained.

Can you post your link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    Perez and Young are decent enough picks would prefer Perez over N'Doye personally. What is your aim for the week?
    Aim is to stay in top 10k. 2 pts caution currently. So I'm gonna need a top 10k standard GW to stay in.
    A lot will depend on captain delivering or not. But a few differentials may help too.

I think with the late Hazard news I can't really drop my Arsenal players. I need to hope they'll play. Also

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/601694712609828864
    1 or 2? Hopefully neither Ramsey nor Sanchez. And of course Bellerin to start, come on Arsene you can't change a settled back 4 before a Cup final :p.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/601710002391351296
    If it's that big he should not play right?

Now assuming I interpreted these right, is Yaya a better punt than Young for Hazard and a -4? Considering I already own Aguero & Silva. So I'll be double or quits on City.

And for my FT Kane to Perez really tempts me. The only thing is Kane is guaranteed to play while Benteke isn't so I get this wrong it could turn into a disaster...

Mourinho on Hazard: "..But I would never have allowed him to have the surgery if I thought this would happen. I don't know if he can play".

Didnt see anything in Jose interview about Costa, just said Hazard hasn't trained.

Can you post your link?

@BenDinnery

Mourinho "hopes" Eden Hazard will be involved on Sunday while Diego Costa "will play again" #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I have been looking at Papiss Cisse - Newcastle have everything to play for and are at home to a shoddy West Ham who really have fallen off the wagon recently.

He has returned from an injury and came on as a sub in his last 2 games - From my reading Carver will start him!

It is a crazy thought that is going through my head at the minute - the PVA captaincy* was one last week so maybe not so crazy!

Cisse has his moments

11 PL goals this year
    11 starts 10 sub apperances

(*which influenced Mr.P)

Cisse came into my thinking earlier in the week myself too :pac: He's only got 2 20 minute cameos since injury so I'm not sure it's viable from that point of view. I'd love to get him in though. Also thinking about Yaya and Mirallas this week so I could go on a full blown nostalgia trip and get Cisse too.

I'll have a little ponder about it and see if he has any chance of actually starting the game. If Newcastle scored early and he was still on the bench it could backfire spectacularly. It's not as clear cut and obvious as PVA anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

@BenDinnery

Mourinho "hopes" Eden Hazard will be involved on Sunday while Diego Costa "will play again" #CFC

Never mention costa in the press conference, makes me wonder!

• Advertisement

Doesn't give the direct quote here but same message. ..

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-vs-sunderland-press-conference-9308548

One change Mourinho isn't looking to make for Sunday is Diego Costa, who he wants to play again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was mentioned on their twitter feed during press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Costa is an interesting one. The problem is if hazards out that's fab oscar and Hazard out thats their 3 most creative players.

I think Costa will start but I still expect Drogba to get maybe a half hour at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Anyone know how likely Azpilicueta is to start for Chelsea on Sunday? I've been holding on to him for weeks hoping he would play the last game.

I haven't got many decent defenders and unsure what to do. Have Clyne (unlikely to keep clean sheet judging by their rubbish keeper), Janmaat, Alex Bruce (probably won't play) PvA and Azpilicueta.

I would much rather dump Hazard or Kane though so if there's a chance Azpi will play I will use my FT to dump Hazard or Kane...(I know Hazard makes sense but Kane is really annoying me with his blanks at this stage!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone know how likely Azpilicueta is to start for Chelsea on Sunday? I've been holding on to him for weeks hoping he would play the last game.

I haven't got many decent defenders and unsure what to do. Have Clyne (unlikely to keep clean sheet judging by their rubbish keeper), Janmaat, Alex Bruce (probably won't play) PvA and Azpilicueta.

I would much rather dump Hazard or Kane though so if there's a chance Azpi will play I will use my FT to dump Hazard or Kane...(I know Hazard makes sense but Kane is really annoying me with his blanks at this stage!)
    Nobody on here knows however if I had him I'd keep him as I think it's highly likely he will start.

Jose apparently said those who have played the most games this season will play and Luis played the last two so I'd expect Azpi to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For the last time this season, transfers made. Absolute punts.

Ozil and Giroud Out
    Mirallas and Costa In.

Just need to decide who to captain now (probably Diego), and which GK to use (Mignolet or Myhill)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Nobody on here knows however if I had him I'd keep him as I think it's highly likely he will start.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Jose apparently said those who have played the most games this season will play and Luis played the last two so I'd expect Azpi to play.

Thanks guys..I'll keep him. I've nothing left to play for anyway but still want to have a good final week :)

Cheers and good luck :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cisse came into my thinking earlier in the week myself too :pac: He's only got 2 20 minute cameos since injury so I'm not sure it's viable from that point of view. I'd love to get him in though. Also thinking about Yaya and Mirallas this week so I could go on a full blown nostalgia trip and get Cisse too.

I'll have a little ponder about it and see if he has any chance of actually starting the game. If Newcastle scored early and he was still on the bench it could backfire spectacularly. It's not as clear cut and obvious as PVA anyway :D

Carver was thinking of starting him last week.

This is the final game of the season and a must win for Newcastle - reading between the lines, I think he will start.

I like the look of Yaya and Mirallas - problem is tho I can't afford a massive hit as I am chasing approx. 15 points!

I have also been looking at Janmaat & Coleman - great attacking threats and quite possible clean sheets (West ham & Spurs really have switched off)

A bold move is definitely on the way, just need to think who I ship out

Ozil, Sanchez or Hazard!

Advertisement