Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 38 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

vlaar or ryan taylor

Would you rate either of those above Wasi?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would you rate either of those above Wasi?

Depends on your position if chasing Ryan Taylor could be a good one as he has something at stake is playing in midfield and takes some set pieces.

Depends on your position if chasing Ryan Taylor could be a good one as he has something at stake is playing in midfield and takes some set pieces.

I'm 13 points ahead of opponent. He has Panti, Sanchez (c) and Giroud tomorrow evening. I have PVA, Kos (possibly missing), Sanchez (c) and Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

This weekend is going to be a sheer headwreck for people with a small lead like myself. I'm 13 points ahead in one league and will be about 20 ahead in another. Anything could happen though. Like I'm taking out Kane and the way previous year ends have gone like this, he could easily score a hat trick. Lukaku was bang out of form two years ago and banged in four for West Brom.

You can also get crazy results which is already happening - Saints 6-1 to Villa, West Brom 3 Chelsea 0. Being a Blackburn supporter, I remember some of our last day results over the years when we had nothing to play for - 06/07 for example, Reading 3 Blackburn 3. Spurs 0 Blackburn 4 another year. Not to mention other games like the United West Brom 5-5.

The other problem is players signing off. Talking to the resident office Man City supporter here. He reckons players like Dzeko and Nasri could get a start at the weekend because there's a high chance it'll be their last game for City.

How did Dzeko go out of favour so badly? He was prolific earlier in season.

Invincible wrote: »
    How did Dzeko go out of favour so badly? He was prolific earlier in season.

City supporter here in work reckons he and Jovetic will be gone this Summer. Bony has been bought and City are now playing with one up front so it pushed Edin right down the pecking order. Jovetic has just been a sicknote. A pity because he's a good player.

Mark Lawrenson at the weekend on MOTD2 or some soccer show I saw made the point that every City team bar the actual first team play 4-3-3 or some variation of same. Pellegrini appears to be the only coach not going with it.

City also have Negredo. He's on loan and Valencia had pre agreed an obligatory fee of something crazy like 25 million which they are now trying to get out of paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cup final this week so cant afford to take any point hits :P Any obvious moves that stand out to ye?

a9cb1e473c220b6bab6a75243c4de547.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Cup final this week so cant afford to take any point hits :P Any obvious moves that stand out to ye?

a9cb1e473c220b6bab6a75243c4de547.png
    Bertrand is using a lot of cash at the back but I guess Terry Bellerin Schlupp is as good a defence can be for GW38.

Maybe N'Doye or Ayoze Pérez for Kane. Both Hull & Newcastle will be at home and have something at stake. N'Doye provided 2 big hauls and nothing in between in the last 10 or so games. Pérez scored in his last 2 home games.

Then A. Young tempts me (either for Albrighton or Boyd) but United away and maybe Wednesday they'll officially have nothing to play for. Is there any Everton midfielder with a will to shine for possible transfer/contract improvement (my idea is home to a Spurs side who don't give a damn at all now...)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Eugggh, I'm 0.1 short of bringing Lukaku in for Kane. That would include -4 so don't really want to take a -8.

Edit - actually, might bring in a Villa defender for Terry which allows me to bring in Lukaku. **** it, last game of season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Eugggh, I'm 0.1 short of bringing Lukaku in for Kane. That would include -4 so don't really want to take a -8.

Edit - actually, might bring in a Villa defender for Terry which allows me to bring in Lukaku. **** it, last game of season!

thinking similar ive had it with Ivanovich
    wish I had taken the -4 for PVA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

iroced wrote: »
    Maybe N'Doye or Ayoze Pérez for Kane. Both Hull & Newcastle will be at home and have something at stake. N'Doye provided 2 big hauls and nothing in between in the last 10 or so games. Pérez scored in his last 2 home games.

Then A. Young tempts me (either for Albrighton or Boyd) but United away and maybe Wednesday they'll officially have nothing to play for. Is there any Everton midfielder with a will to shine for possible transfer/contract improvement (my idea is home to a Spurs side who don't give a damn at all now...)?

I dunno about getting strikers in from Hull or Newcastle, yea they have something to play for but neither of them are playing well and I'd imagine they will become defensive if they take the lead. I am thinking about getting Ryan Taylor in though if he's playing in midfield for his goal threat and cos West Ham have been struggling for goals.

For a high scoring game I'm looking at Everton v Spurs. Everton are playing well(and spurs defence is poor lately) and they are usually very attacking at home so thinking about getting in Lukaku as my 2nd transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What's the mad rush for Benteke all about? Villa are safe and have an FA cup to play for. Doubt tekkers will play much if any of the game at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What's the mad rush for Benteke all about? Villa are safe and have an FA cup to play for. Doubt tekkers will play much if any of the game at the weekend.

I agree. I have Benteke but wouldn't be bringing him in for this week if I didn't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

spock. wrote: »
    I agree. I have Benteke but wouldn't be bringing him in for this week if I didn't have him.

Yep, same here. The beast has bolted at this stage.

spock. wrote: »

He's currently second in the FFS captaincy poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Banking it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Very difficult to know what to do for the the final GW. Going to be difficult to predict lineups as there will be lots of rotation. Important to have a good bench because they will probably be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Anyone looking at Downing for this week? Surely Allardyce would love to do all he could to send Newcastle down. I have 2 FT's and could be protecting a very slender lead or even be behind after tonight so I'm looking to upgrade 2 of Alder, Hendo and Kane. Would Downing be considered an upgrade on Hendo? I know he's from the NW and he played for Middlesborough but does he have a history with Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kevin Nolan would be poetic this week - big send off for Sam, play his favorite son, score 2 to send Newcastle down, then both of them off to Newcastle in the Championship next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mirallas in

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mirallas in

Will he start. Better chance with lennon not able to play against Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

He'll start as Lennon is unavailable

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    He'll start as Lennon is unavailable

What way will the front 6 line up haven't been keeping an eye on everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

considering Kane and Giroud out for Benteke and Remy for -4. What do we think?

Bit wary over whether Remy will start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My mission for this week:

Move up 500 places for my best ever finish
    Win the Champions Cup final
    Hold a 13 point lead for second in a pay league (in which I don't even know if there's a prize for second!)

The planning for the cup final begins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've hazard in for Cesc.
    Jose to loosen the leash for the final game of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 3m3 minutes ago
    Wenger says it is "possible" he may rest some players on Sunday to keep them fresh for the FA Cup final. #afc
    The planning for the cup final begins!

Got your suit picked out?

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 3m3 minutes ago
    Wenger says it is "possible" he may rest some players on Sunday to keep them fresh for the FA Cup final. #afc

Got your suit picked out?

We're going for the Liverpool cup final look of 1996 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Despite a fairly average week I've increased my lead to 30 & 33 points in my pay league.
    Teams aren't massively different so I'll keep an eye on transfers and probably go
    Giroud to Tekkers and
    Someone to Hazard (if needs be for a -4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sanchez out for Yaya

• Advertisement

Sanchez out for Yaya

interesting ...,...

manual_man wrote: »
    considering Kane and Giroud out for Benteke and Remy for -4. What do we think?

Bit wary over whether Remy will start

Any chance Benteke could be rested to avoid injury for cup final?
    Will Drogba not start, last home game before joining backroom team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Team at the moment is as follows:

Heaton
    Terry Bellirin Wassi
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Albrighton
    Aguero Kane Giroud

I'm actually pretty happy with that. But it's the last game and **** it I wanna make a transfer or 2 :)

I'm currently set on Lukaku in for Giroud. I then have 7.2m for a midfielder. Maybe a punt on Chadli, Fer, Elmohamady, Young, Fellani, Herrera?

Ramsey & Sanchez look like Arsenal overkill for this last GW now...

@henrywinter: Wenger says it is "possible" he may rest some players on Sunday to keep them fresh for the FA Cup final. #afc

Now that Wenger is doing it, Tim might also.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Keeping sanchez, albrighton and silva
    Cork on bench
    Shippin out cazorla
    bring in hazard or yaya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

completely forgot Villa were in the final!

re. Remy yeah Drogba may start... Costa back too... mehhhhhhhhhhh

waffleman wrote: »
    Keeping sanchez, albrighton and silva
    Cork on bench
    Shippin out cazorla
    bring in hazard or yaya?

I'd go Hazard @ home
    Yaya is coming back into form though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'm thinking Kane & Ozil -> Lukaku & Bolasie. I want potentially explosive punts in my side that will hopefully see finish up in the top 10k. That's for a hit by the way..

• Advertisement

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I'm thinking Kane & Ozil -> Lukaku & Bolasie. I want potentially explosive punts in my side that will hopefully see finish up in the top 10k. That's for a hit by the way..

2 transfers done for a hit for me already too for same reasons
    well not 10 k but top 100k :D
    dropped to 100251 last night
    want a bit of fun last day
    can't bring myself to sign lukaku though
    he is #1 on my blacklist

Mig
    Pva ivan kos
    sanchez Haz Ozil Hendo
    ndoye Kane aguero
    myhill alder walters wolly

I've 2 f.ts and 2.3 in the bank. Anyone any suggestions I'd be prepared to make 2 or 3 transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking to ditch Arsenal players, Have Giroud/Sanchez/Ozil.

Possibly Lukaku for Giroud.
    Yaya in for Sanchez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mig
    Pva ivan kos
    sanchez Haz Ozil Hendo
    ndoye Kane aguero

I've 2 f.ts and 2.3 in the bank. Anyone any suggestions I'd be prepared to make 2 or 3 transfers.

Hendo > Philips, Kane > Lukaku?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Defoe out for someone who actually has the talent to score a goal or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

could a 30 point gap be bridged at all.. or is it hopeless... im going captain bolasie and hope for a mane style outting form him

• Advertisement

Mig
    Pva ivan kos
    sanchez Haz Ozil Hendo
    ndoye Kane aguero

You need players with something to play for so I'd keep N'Doye. Henderson to Milner perhaps (could be his last game at the Etihad) and Kane to Benteke/Lukaku.

Myhill
    Kos PVA Bertrand (Woolschied, Baird)
    Hazard Sanchez Silva Mata (Cork)
    Aguero Kane Giroud.
    0.4 mil banked.

Have 2 fts. Any suggestions? My opponent has six of my front eight - the differences being Cambiasso and Bolaise to Mata and Cork - and has Panti as his only playing keeper. He only has one transfer. His defenders are Cresswell, Clyne, Terry, Craig Dawson and Alex Bruce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

cremeegg wrote: »
    could a 30 point gap be bridged at all.. or is it hopeless... im going captain bolasie and hope for a mane style outting form him

Of course its possible how likely it is depends on how similar the teams are. There will be 30 point gaps being made up all over the place this week.

Myhill (ars)
    Terry (SUN) Bellerin (WBA) Schlupp (QPR) // pva (ars) Alder (mci)
    Sanchez (WBA) Ramsey (WBA) Silva (SOU) Hazard (SUN) / Cambiasso (QPR)
    Aguero (SOU) Benteke (BUR) / Kane (eve)

Planned transfer. Either Cambiasso to a max £5.2m midfielder and bench Kane or Kane to a max £6.2m striker. On paper that'd make me a pretty strong squad with 9 to 10 of my outfield players at home.

But Bellerin, Sanchez, Ramsey & Benteke could well be rested... which would turn my team into a fairly weak one all of a sudden...

So 3 questions:
    1. N'Doye or Perez worth it since they're both at home and have somethign at stake?

2. Young worth it? In good form but United have nothing to play for and are away to a team fighting for its survival.

3. What are the Arsenal and Villa fans are thinking about their respective team rotations for GW38?

Myhill
    Kos PVA Bertrand (Woolschied, Baird)
    Hazard Sanchez Silva Mata (Cork)
    Aguero Kane Giroud.
    0.4 mil banked.

Have 2 fts. Any suggestions? My opponent has six of my front eight - the differences being Cambiasso and Bolaise to Mata and Cork - and has Panti as his only playing keeper. He only has one transfer. His defenders are Cresswell, Clyne, Terry, Craig Dawson and Alex Bruce.

Maybe a Leicester def for Bertrand. If Wollscheid was playing he'd be a good option but it's not the case.
    And upfront N'Doye or Perez are the ones who have something at stake. Though I'm not yet sure how worth it they are (as I just wondered in my previous post). If you do Bertrand -> Morgan how much you'd have to "upgrade" Kane?

• Advertisement
Advertisement