Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I always bought their Liqua flavours,I did buy another brand 60ml one time & it was pretty good for €4...

I do miss french pipe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

TinCool wrote: »
    I do miss french pipe :(

I only have 20 x 10ml bottles left,have liqua scrapped FP for good...

I did try another FP brand from FT,it was ok but nothing like Liqua...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I only have 20 x 10ml bottles left,have liqua scrapped FP for good...

I did try another FP brand from FT,it was ok but nothing like Liqua...

Not sure but Liqua have stopped making French pipe that's for sure.

Drakes NET eliquid and Manabush have filled that hole now for me. Still love to still to be able to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Can customs seize 100ml bottles of e-liquid?

Been waiting over a month for 2 deliveries from fasttech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Can customs seize 100ml bottles of e-liquid?

Been waiting over a month for 2 deliveries from fasttech

There are a couple of ways to lose liquid especially coming from outside the EU. If it makes it as far as Customs they can seize it and place a hefty charge on it before it gets to you. A lot of postal carriers won’t carry liquid across borders either so either way it doesn’t look promising,sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Anybody tried either of these. Thinking of getting one of each. Or maybe two of the bakers daughter instesd cause it sounds great.

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/bakers-daughter/

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/donut-dude-strawberry/?attribute_pa_nicotine=0mg

Anybody tried either of these. Thinking of getting one of each. Or maybe two of the bakers daughter instesd cause it sounds great.

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/bakers-daughter/

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/donut-dude-strawberry/?attribute_pa_nicotine=0mg

Bakers Daughter is a fantastic juice, you won’t be disappointed. ESI have it in 100ml bottles as well I think.

Bakers Daughter is a fantastic juice, you won’t be disappointed. ESI have it in 100ml bottles as well I think.

Thanks, thats good enough for me. Will grab one when im up that way so.

Was going to try the higgycigs line but the shipping is pricey so this will do nicely to stock up while i decide what to do

Thanks, thats good enough for me. Will grab one when im up that way so.

Was going to try the higgycigs line but the shipping is pricey so this will do nicely to stock up while i decide what to do

Coil Spill juice is pricey enough but it is an awesome juice compared to others in the same price area.

• Advertisement

Coil Spill juice is pricey enough but it is an awesome juice compared to others in the same price area.

Yeah i cant say I have ever tried it but that flavour sounds awesome.

Trying to find some new liquids in that kind of flavour but in big bottles.

Using alot of vapewild liquids lately which are fine just the 10ml bottles are a pain at times.

Thinking of changing to zero nic so keeping eye out for any bigger bottle options.

Yeah i cant say I have ever tried it but that flavour sounds awesome.

Trying to find some new liquids in that kind of flavour but in big bottles.

Using alot of vapewild liquids lately which are fine just the 10ml bottles are a pain at times.

Thinking of changing to zero nic so keeping eye out for any bigger bottle options.

Esi also do their own brand Game of Clouds in 100ml 0 nic, Highgarden and Castle Black would be 2 from that range that I’d recommend highly. Use the discount code boards there for 10% off if you spend 50 or more

Esi also do their own brand Game of Clouds in 100ml 0 nic, Highgarden and Castle Black would be 2 from that range that I’d recommend highly. Use the discount code boards there for 10% off if you spend 50 or more

Never noticed their own range. Those two you mentioned are on the list now lol.

Never noticed their own range. Those two you mentioned are on the list now lol.

Go down the juice list to Wingnuts & a sub list opens & hit the Game of clouds...

Has anyone used this site at all?

https://bestcigliquid.glopal.com/en-IE/

Seem very well priced or is it too good to be true?

Has anyone used this site at all?

https://bestcigliquid.glopal.com/en-IE/

Seem very well priced or is it too good to be true?

No,I've never heard of them,maybe others have...

No,I've never heard of them,maybe others have...

Did a bit of looking and vic has few reviews.

Seems good to me and cheap as chips.

https://youtu.be/xFkpw8KKd28

Ordered two 250ml bottles, delivered for 55euro so will see how they go and report back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

There are a couple of ways to lose liquid especially coming from outside the EU. If it makes it as far as Customs they can seize it and place a hefty charge on it before it gets to you. A lot of postal carriers won’t carry liquid across borders either so either way it doesn’t look promising,sorry :(

They finally arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Peixesapo

Hello lads

Anyone knows a good shop where I can find coils for an RDA? I am using now some ni80 fused clapton that I bought abroad and I would like to know if they are available anywhere in ireland because I am struggling to find them

Peixesapo wrote: »
    Hello lads

Anyone knows a good shop where I can find coils for an RDA? I am using now some ni80 fused clapton that I bought abroad and I would like to know if they are available anywhere in ireland because I am struggling to find them

You’ll get the wire here

http://dreamcloud.ie/product/nichrome-ni80-clapton-wire-5m/

Pre wrapped coils here

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/765-2pc-geekvape-prebuilt-coil.html

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Thought I'd ask for a bit of advice on a new setup. I've gone through many various ecigs over the years but I'd like to expand into a proper "mod" now, used to use a Nautilus mini with 2 different high capacity batteries i'd switch around and have charging, lost it in a taxi one night so now I'm using a Joyetech eGo AIO i grabbed in a local ecig store in the mean time.

Overall I'm looking for something for home use when i'm working and gaming behind the computer where I'm generally quite a heavy user. I'd prefer something high battery capacity, so i dont have to be constantly switching batteries or usb charging during use, a 2 battery mod perhaps then in that case? Perhaps also removable as I've noticed my batteries tend to only last a few months or so, get weak pretty quick.

I'm not too concerned about taste or "flavour" as generally I prefer vaping liquid that has little to no flavour at all. I'm starting making my own liquid to that end, ordered a load of stuff from darkstar after reading through here and on reddit, without any flavour concentrates, 80% VG/20% PG generally I think i'll be going for. (up until now i've pretty much only used high pg cheap local commercial crap) Strength wise I'm usually vaping 6-8% nicotine, sometimes 12% as the lower strength tends to sell fast at various corner shops. Ideally i try to vape as low strength as possible, though I do find myself vaping a crap load more the lower the strength so perhaps I'd be better off vaping higher strengths, though i find 12 or higher just too much. I also read with certain mods you're better off with lower strength though as you're inhaling a lot more vapour so i'm trying to bear that in mind as well.

Another thing that's important to me is avoiding dry inhalations at all costs, I've noticed some tanks you might have to fiddle with or realign the atomiser sometimes to wet the cotton every now and again, otherwise you'll get a dry run. Maybe its just a sign of a poor tank or poor coils, I dunno. (i properly pre-soak new coils, give them time to soak in etc just incase you're wondering if thats the problem) I'd just like to vape away for weeks without having to worry about anything, without having to fiddle around with anything constantly. Maybe I'm asking for too much here as well but something that doesn't have those red hot spit backs? or something that doesnt go off by itself to a degree where you're constantly worried its going to explode in your face because you've headphones on and didn't hear it igniting by itself etc. I've seen some mods that have an internal switch that prevents that, love that idea.

The last thing for me is cost/efficiency of coils, preferably I'd like a mod with reliable coils. I tend to spend a crap load on coils because they only maybe last a week at the very most on average but also because only about 50% of them are any good, half are crap and I end up having to throw away. This is quite annoying to me as I'm sure you'd imagine. I'd love to get into building my own coils eventually but for now I'm looking for efficiency/cost/longevity if at all possible. I've been reading about some of you guys using the same coil for over a month and that is quite unbelievable to me! So overall I'm not necessarily looking for cheap coils, if im gonna end up going through 10 of them a month. I'd have no problem buying very expensive coils if they were guaranteed to last a very long time.

After reading here and on reddit I'm thinking about the Alien, Vaporesso Revenger, Voopoo Drag, Tesla Nano 120 or the Battlestar. They're all fairly pricey though, especially when you kinda have to take into consideration the extra cost of batteries, spares, battery charger, extra coils and even the tank itself as on many sites it only comes with the mod alone. I'd like to buy from an Irish/EU vendor preferably as I'd rather not wait 2-3 weeks with the chance of a side dish of import tax. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

As you've experience of vaping already I won't beat about the bush, the mods you've mentioned are all good but my recommendation to you will be the Asmodus Minikin V2,dual battery mod with an excellent chip that will extend battery life when paired with good quality batteries.

Battery recommendation would be Sony VTC6, Samsung 25R or 30Q or LG2's. I'll post links below.Buy 2 pairs so as you'll always have a fully charged pair ready to go.

Charger recommendation would be either a 2 or 4 bay Nitecore charger,a proven reliable and above all,safe charger.

Tank,personally I wouldn't wait to get into rebuilding,you'll spend more on coils than would buy you numerous good quality re buildables. Mouth to lung RTA's have been scarce over the years with the exception of the Kayfun's but a couple have been released lately that are excellent,Digiflavor Siren V2 and Vandy Vape Berserker. Both are single coil re buildables that offer excellent performance for a mtl style of vaping. Get a roll of wire, a bag of cotton and your set up for a very long time without the need for constantly swapping out coils. All the advice you need for coiling,wicking will be readily available here from the members.
    If you decide not to go the rta route yet then I'd recommend the Nautilus V2.

Your initial cost may seem high but consider that you have an excellent setup with no further outlay on coils to think about unless of course you become infected with that 'Shinyitis" bug that plagues a lot of us. :D

Here are some links

https://greyhaze.co.uk/products/asmodus-minikin-v2-180w-touch-screen

https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/ecig-batteries-mods

https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/e-cigarette-chargers

https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/mtl-mouth-to-lung-vaping-tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJ_4c2kcso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9HEDXcJa5w&t=1433s

Before you buy anything check here first for discount codes that are available for a lot of online vendors.

Thanks for that, whats the logic behind that Asmodus mod exactly? In comparison to others and what I was thinking about? Seems a bit more expensive on that site at least.

I'm not fully sold on building my own coils quite yet, though I suppose diving right into it as soon as possible will probably save me a lot in the long run. I'm honestly just thinking about the initial expense of the investment, buying a mod with all the things attached seems like a lot on its own without having to worry about ohms readers, wires, materials, tools etc etc. Information overload at the moment as well so one step at a time I think. On the note of rebuildables though, wouldn't I want to be going towards multiple coil rebuildables instead of just a single coil performance wise?

Batteries wise I'm wondering if you've heard of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fogstar-3500mAh-Premium-Vaping-Battery-Black-White/dp/B01LFDL6NK/
    They seem to have extremely positive reviews, wondering if its worth the extra expense.

Thanks for that, whats the logic behind that Asmodus mod exactly? In comparison to others and what I was thinking about? Seems a bit more expensive on that site at least.

I'm not fully sold on building my own coils quite yet, though I suppose diving right into it as soon as possible will probably save me a lot in the long run. I'm honestly just thinking about the initial expense of the investment, buying a mod with all the things attached seems like a lot on its own without having to worry about ohms readers, wires, materials, tools etc etc. Information overload at the moment as well so one step at a time I think. On the note of rebuildables though, wouldn't I want to be going towards multiple coil rebuildables instead of just a single coil performance wise?

Batteries wise I'm wondering if you've heard of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fogstar-3500mAh-Premium-Vaping-Battery-Black-White/dp/B01LFDL6NK/
    They seem to have extremely positive reviews, wondering if its worth the extra expense.

Those fogstar batteries are expensive & I never heard of them,I would rather buy mine here....https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/e-cig-accessories/products/samsung-inr18650-30q-3000mah-battery-flat-top & get free shipping to the UK & use DPD Wizard or parcel motel...

After some study I think I'll go with building my own coils, seems fairly straight forward. The Siren V2 you recommended seems the best option. Most people seem to use the same cotton I've noticed but when it comes to the wire its a bit more confusing, there's lots of different types and materials.

After some study I think I'll go with building my own coils, seems fairly straight forward. The Siren V2 you recommended seems the best option. Most people seem to use the same cotton I've noticed but when it comes to the wire its a bit more confusing, there's lots of different types and materials.

I’m assuming your staying with mtl vaping so the Siren is a great choice, dual coil rta’s are in general best suited to direct lung vaping. If you get either Kanthal 26 gauge or stainless steel 316L 26 gauge your good to go. Personally I prefer SS316L, fast ramp up and gives a good flavour. Claptons and some of the more exotic wire is again best suited to dual coil setups with relatively large decks to accommodate them.
    I’ve never heard of the batteries you mentioned earlier and in general I’d stick with what I recommended earlier as they are a popular choice amongst vapers and try to source them from a reputable vendor whether it’s a b&m or online.

I’m assuming your staying with mtl vaping so the Siren is a great choice, dual coil rta’s are in general best suited to direct lung vaping. If you get either Kanthal 26 gauge or stainless steel 316L 26 gauge your good to go. Personally I prefer SS316L, fast ramp up and gives a good flavour. Claptons and some of the more exotic wire is again best suited to dual coil setups with relatively large decks to accommodate them.
    I’ve never heard of the batteries you mentioned earlier and in general I’d stick with what I recommended earlier as they are a popular choice amongst vapers and try to source them from a reputable vendor whether it’s a b&m or online.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Aye I think I'll stick to mouth to lung for the time being, it seems to be what I'm used to. Though I'd definitely like to try a direct to lung setup sometime just to see the difference.

When it comes to making your own coils are there any other really essential tools on that end besides the obvious tweezers and pliers? I've noticed people using different types of button activated ohm testers with a handy slot you just plug in your tank to that you can also build your coil on and test the heat spread at the same time. Some people also use a simple screwdriver to make the coils, others ive seen use kinda bicycle pump gizmos? Seem to be a few different tools out there to help things along.

On a side note I tried ordering some Japanese cotton from Muji but they dont seem to deliver to Ireland... I could parcelmotel it but its half the cost of the actual cotton which it a bit off putting. Is there a preferred site most people use for materials like that overall? Like darkstar seems to be the preferred place for liquids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

I’m assuming your staying with mtl vaping so the Siren is a great choice, dual coil rta’s are in general best suited to direct lung vaping. If you get either Kanthal 26 gauge or stainless steel 316L 26 gauge your good to go. Personally I prefer SS316L, fast ramp up and gives a good flavour. Claptons and some of the more exotic wire is again best suited to dual coil setups with relatively large decks to accommodate them. I’ve never heard of the batteries you mentioned earlier and in general I’d stick with what I recommended earlier as they are a popular choice amongst vapers and try to source them from a reputable vendor whether it’s a b&m or online.

I bought the siren V2 last week and can't fault it. It's a very tight MTL or restricted lung hit should you choose to open the airflow all the way. Using 26g n80 wire it it's spot on. Very easy to build on. You won't go wrong for the money 😉

Advertisement