Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

She thanked the posts!

SHE THANKED THE POSTS!

That's a yes. It has to be. We're saved WesternNight! Saved!

Any chance I could throw my essay on top of the pile with your two ones???

So tired, and I've done very little today - thought I'd be able to get motoring once I hit this time, like I normally can, but can't tonight when I need to. 4000 essay plus my FYP due in next week, thought it was only the essay :( Gonna have to get an extension on the FYP cos I'm in Dublin Tuesday and Wednesday with the first years.

Have to be gone from here by 8.45 - dunno should I go to bed, or try and work through this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Jujubee, your friend's wedding sounds so cool!

Thanks! I am thinking I might get a rockabilly type dress for the reception :D Something tasteful but fun for dancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Does anybody feel like dressing up as me for a few days next month and taking a couple of exams? I will pay them in hugs and allow them to come in my suitcase to Lanzarote!

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Novella wrote: »
    Does anybody feel like dressing up as me for a few days next month and taking a couple of exams? I will pay them in hugs and allow them to come in my suitcase to Lanzarote!
    I'll take ye up on that.

I expect a chauffeur driven car to and from the exam centre. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hey! Be gentle....

Make Kiera joke or don't make Kiera joke.... Make Kiera joke or don't make Kiera
    Do it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

jujibee wrote: »
    Thanks! I am thinking I might get a rockabilly type dress for the reception :D Something tasteful but fun for dancing.

thinks I'd wear a corset

I wouldn't fit in a suitcase and I'd burn to a crisp in lanzarote! to paraphrase Pete White in The Venture Brothers, I can't even go to the beach without exploding.

Links234 wrote: »
    thinks I'd wear a corset

I like corsets but my bust is too big as it is. If I wear a corset it looks like I am smuggling infants in my shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

jujibee wrote: »
    thinks I'd wear a corset

I like corsets but my bust is too big as it is. If I wear a corset it looks like I am smuggling infants in my shirt.
    Bald infants or do you have very hairy boobies?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What are the exams on? Is the trip to Lanzarote conditional on passing said exams?

Kiera wrote: »
    Bald infants or do you have very hairy boobies?

Bald ones :P

I wore a corset to a gay bar at home I have had gay guys come over and tell me my chest was "spectacular". I was not sure if I should be embarrassed or flattered.

I've another small spot coming up with an ugly white head on it FFS. :(

Fcuk off acne, nobody likes you!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'll take ye up on that.

I expect a chauffeur driven car to and from the exam centre. :cool:

Done! Absolutely anything in return for you sitting the exams for me! :)

I wouldn't fit in a suitcase and I'd burn to a crisp in lanzarote! to paraphrase Pete White in The Venture Brothers, I can't even go to the beach without exploding.

You don't have to come on holiday! I just thought it would make the offer more enticing!
    Daisies wrote: »
    What are the exams on? Is the trip to Lanzarote conditional on passing said exams?

They're on Physiology and Psychology mostly! Passing would be great but you can repeat them for me in August if you fail! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Doctor Who is filming in New York this week. My friend works in Manhattan and is purposely going to avoid the sets to avoid spoilers. What a waste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Someone give me €300 so I can get my next tattoo. I'm hankerin' for an inkin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Doctor Who is filming in New York this week. My friend works in Manhattan and is purposely going to avoid the sets to avoid spoilers. What a waste!

never been a fan of it tbh, seen a few eps and one of my friends is obsessed with it.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Someone give me €300 so I can get my next tattoo. I'm hankerin' for an inkin'.

I'm tempted to get more piercings :) my new one has barely had a chance to heal yet, and I want more! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

They're on Physiology and Psychology mostly! Passing would be great but you can repeat them for me in August if you fail! :pac:

What kind of psychology are you doing?

I got the new Meshuggah album today :) ripping it now :D

feeling kinda run down the last few days though, and I'm half worried I'm coming down with a cold or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Listened to one of my fav albums loads when I was having a bad time last year.

Cant listen to it now without getting depressed.

Sickened!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

LaHaine wrote: »
    Listened to one of my fav albums loads when I was having a bad time last year.

Cant listen to it now without getting depressed.

Sickened!

That sucks :( My uncle was a huge Beatles fan, when he passed away I couldn't listen to their songs for months. It passed though, and now their music reminds me of him in a good way :) Hopefully you'll be able to listen to it again in time.

I don't think I cooked my chilli enough :(

Not the end of the world, plenty of other music to listen to!

Undercooked chilli? Uh oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Lady Gaga announced in the Aviva stadium. I'd love to go but no one to go with and wont have money to purchase tickets till next month bah!

Listening to Adele now, love her music.

Painting my nails too, hopefully they won't smudge or go wrong this time. Especially as I've been drinking wine, not too much, only a couple of sips so far.

Feeling kinda hungry now, thinking maybe a ham and cheese toasted sandwich?

Adele at this time of the night, with wine? That has the potential to be depressing!

Im listening to some Christy Moore. Sure ya couldnt bate it with a big schtick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got a Lily O'Brien's rocky road Easter egg.. yep the actual egg shell has bits of biscuit and marshmallow in it! :D I didn't realise until I cracked it, it just looked like a normal egg in the box. The knowledge that such a thing exists has made my day infinitely better!
    I got one of those too. Nom nom nom, it was amazing! :D

careymary wrote: »
    Oh dear lord I'm 30, eek! :eek:
    Hope you had a happy birthday! :)

Good luck with the test tomorrow, TeletextPear! I always wanted to learn to drive but was prevented by stupid fear. :(
    Hope it goes marvellously! :)

Ive moved on to some Deftones now! I feel like a bold child staying up late for the sake of it. Im off work tomorrow!

definitely playing THIS at my wedding :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I've just realised my tsh (thyroid) is gone down .18mU/l and free t4 is up .9 but they didn't check my t3 which is really annoying. But, the tsh is starting to normalise so I know I'm on the right track and this is from diet alone no pills:D:D

My brother also said he didn't recognise me because I'd lost so much weight, I laughed and told him I lost about 7 pounds in a year, no one believes I lost that little

• Advertisement

Congrats on the weight loss! Always a good feeling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

definitely playing THIS at my wedding :D
    God, I LOVE Bill Bailey!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'll be honest I couldn't give a crap about the weight loss, I'm happy that I'm intelligent and determined enough to feed myself in a way that lets my body heal itself. Weightloss just means I have to buy new clothes and I can't afford that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Lady Gaga announced in the Aviva stadium. I'd love to go but no one to go with and wont have money to purchase tickets till next month bah!

go on your own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel a teeny bit better now. :)

Orla K wrote: »

I'll be honest I couldn't give a crap about the weight loss, I'm happy that I'm intelligent and determined enough to feed myself in a way that lets my body heal itself. Weightloss just means I have to buy new clothes and I can't afford that!

Fair enough!

Went to make a toastie, no sliced bread.

Just made chicken soup and stupidly forgot there was no sliced bread, I always tear up sliced bread and put it into chicken cuppa soup. Don't know how I forgot.

So now I'm drinking a chicken cuppa soup and a glass of wine.

And my nail painting went wrong. Smudges everywhere :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Crazy crazy electricial storm here last night. Was lying on the couch watching tv when all of a sudden there was this giant flash of light and an explosion outside - a bolt of lightening hit the giant coconut tree across the street which fell down and took out a load of power lines. I nearly fell of the fvcking couch with fright!

Cue three hours of ear splitting thunder, sheets of rain and the whole apartment lighting up because of constant lightening. And it's not even monsoon season yet! Think I need to toughen up a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Crazy crazy electricial storm here last night. Was lying on the couch watching tv when all of a sudden there was this giant flash of light and an explosion outside - a bolt of lightening hit the giant coconut tree across the street which fell down and took out a load of power lines. I nearly fell of the fvcking couch with fright!

Cue three hours of ear splitting thunder, sheets of rain and the whole apartment lighting up because of constant lightening. And it's not even monsoon season yet! Think I need to toughen up a bit :)

Oh I love lightning. I would be standing at the windo or door ready to take a photo.

I get the kids to watch it too. I think it's spectacular... If they ever wale up scared at night I sit cuddling them in the living room with a blanket round up with the blinds up do we can watch, and then count down the thunder....

Don't get much lightning here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Back from kickboxing round 2,

Have to remember to take of my engagement ring next week... It cuts into me when I punch.

Never mind what it'll do to your opponents! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Marry me, Johnny! Swoon... Ferg ain't exactly hard on the eye either, mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Library time! Joy. I'm not going to be able to focus on getting anything done this whole week, but I still have to try. The thoughts of studying trusts though, bleh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Went to make a toastie, no sliced bread.

Just made chicken soup and stupidly forgot there was no sliced bread, I always tear up sliced bread and put it into chicken cuppa soup. Don't know how I forgot.

And my nail painting went wrong. Smudges everywhere :rolleyes:

That's some fine first world problems right there :p:pac:

I dunno how you always eat so late, I'd never be able to sleep with feeling sick after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Lazy day with junior today:D

Trying to find readings for the wedding. Tis not easy. Most of them consist of ''And man went to work and woman waited upon his return. Woman cooked and cleaned and did all chores and spoiled man rotten and brought him beer and washed his feet and man was happy'', and such sh1te like that:pac:

Wedding is officially booked which is rather exciting:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just woke up. Bf still asleep. Not sure what sort of mood my mam is in and I'm kinda afraid to go downstairs to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Fvck me... just felt the earthquake that hit Indonesia. Am on the east coast of India and everyone in my office felt it. People ran out onto the streets in confusion wondering how bad it would get. Luckily just tremors here but still waiting on news reports of how bad Indonesia has been hit.

Tsunami warning issued for all of the Indian Ocean... bollox! Am 60km from the coast so should be fine here but lots of people won't be. Fingers crossed the tsunami stays as a warning only and not an actuality.

:(

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Back from kickboxing round 2,

Have to remember to take of my engagement ring next week... It cuts into me when I punch.

Never mind what it'll do to your opponents! :eek:

At the moment my opponent is a big punch bag.

Even though we did no contact training yesterday, I got my daughter for an opponent it was fun. She loved trying it too.

Getting boxing gloves next week :D. Personally I don't like watching kickboxing and I only ever watch boxing if my husband is watching it. I started kickboxing for fitness reasons only. However I'm loving it. It's great fun ( not much fun doing leg stretches, could cry with the pain) the sooner I can do the splits the better....

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Fvck me... just felt the earthquake that hit Indonesia. Am on the east coast of India and everyone in my office felt it. People ran out onto the streets in confusion wondering how bad it would get. Luckily just tremors here but still waiting on news reports of how bad Indonesia has been hit.

Tsunami warning issued for all of the Indian Ocean... bollox! Am 60km from the coast so should be fine here but lots of people won't be. Fingers crossed the tsunami stays as a warning only and not an actuality.

:(

Jeez your getting all the action over there...

Must check the news...

Edit: That was one big earthquake...

i'm so hungry all the time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm so hungry all the time!!!

Congratulations !!! :D:D:D

Can't wait to name this baby. I think we did a good job with pancake baby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement