Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Here's a bit of a bargain, GNET mobos for €50 each

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28115

Nice, get the modded bios in there and you're laughing.
    Although, you picked up some affordable original games for yours, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Picked up Dragon Quest the other day. Haven't even gotten around to starting it yet and they've lowered the price, ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thought it might have been
    Guitar Hero : Sh1te Kicking Music and Marrying Your Cousin edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone else just get that Ronnie email?

The blast city is really nice and minty looking!

yep,
    also gone up 100e since the last news letter!

Prices are getting ridiculous altogether now, suppose someone must be paying for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

Just ordered this from Amazon.de to store my Vectrex overlays in a place that has easy of access and is easy to browse through:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/comic-supplies/comic-book-collector-starter-kit-album

$T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHB0pBQ6Hp2VL7!~~60_35.JPG

More info on the kit in the Vectrex Stuff thread for all you naughty retroists that aren't following it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've some DVD wall mounted shelving I'm giving away would it be against the rules to list it in the marketplace before I give it to the vultures on adverts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

US PSN are having a ridiculous flash sale, where all on the list below is trading at 99 cent.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/11/flash-sale-20-games-0-99-each-this-weekend-only/#sf3676385

Forgot to post this earlier:

Boxed Virtual Boy on adverts, however it has a line of dead pixels:

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-virtual-boy-some-dead-pixels-with-7-games/5951494

ZGRmOTE2MWRlM2I5YjQ5YzU1NDk0ZDc4YjQ2Mjk4YjmbcY7EhyiYp25m9qJ3w157aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzY5YTU1MWI5YjYzN2UzYzZhODI5NWUyYWMwOGMzYjNmNGQzZGRhMjBlZjYzNmYwYTU5N2YyOGQ0YTIwODc2Yy5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

waveform wrote: »
    Forgot to post this earlier:

Boxed Virtual Boy on adverts, however it has a line of dead pixels:

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-virtual-boy-some-dead-pixels-with-7-games/5951494

ZGRmOTE2MWRlM2I5YjQ5YzU1NDk0ZDc4YjQ2Mjk4YjmbcY7EhyiYp25m9qJ3w157aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzY5YTU1MWI5YjYzN2UzYzZhODI5NWUyYWMwOGMzYjNmNGQzZGRhMjBlZjYzNmYwYTU5N2YyOGQ0YTIwODc2Yy5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

That's a very easy fix for anyone interested in getting one.

Bit of a culture shock for ze germans....

314517.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Flaregon wrote: »

That is almost identical in games, controllers and boxes to one that was nicked from my cousins apartment many many years ago. Not that it is, I'm not saying that, I just remember the heartbreak when there was no more jimmy conners tennis or super borai fighter on the big screen (which also got nicked iirc)

Pretty sure I have the cart for his mortal kombat 2, his copy of bomberman, iss deluxe and his multitap. Got to keep them on indefinite loan :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nice, yoink.

EDIT: Oh wait, he's looking for €25 for the gameboy and another €25 for everything else. Still not the worst value.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Nice, yoink.

EDIT: Oh wait, he's looking for €25 for the gameboy and another €25 for everything else. Still not the worst value.

Ah I thought €25 for everything:mad:

Ah I thought €25 for everything:mad:
    Few nice games in there anyway, gonna pop out to him early next week and see what else he's got, seems to be doing a general clearout so I'll hopefully pick up a few things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pokemon works or needs a new battery means its a bootleg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »

How so ?

I think the battery in the GBA Pokemon games is for the in-game clock. You can still play and save the game, you just can't do any of the clock based events. (Don't quote me on that though. I stopped playing after Gold and didn't pick up a new one until Black 2).

I don't recall seeing a copy of the game with a CE mark in the bottom right corner though. Is that supposed to be on the PAL copy? Should the cart sticker be shiny or was that just on the NTSC version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think the battery in the GBA Pokemon games is for the in-game clock. You can still play and save the game, you just can't do any of the clock based events. (Don't quote me on that though. I stopped playing after Gold and didn't pick up a new one until Black 2).

I don't recall seeing a copy of the game with a CE mark in the bottom right corner though. Is that supposed to be on the PAL copy? Should the cart sticker be shiny or was that just on the NTSC version?

Yep, the battery in the GBA games are just for the clock and won't affect your save, that's only in the Gameboy games. A lot of those batteries are starting to run out now so I wouldn't worry too much.

The CE mark means it is a pal copy as that's a European safety mark or something. The sticker on the PAL games is also shiny. Not overly shiny but a bit reflective if you know what I mean.

Yep, the battery in the GBA games are just for the clock and won't affect your save, that's only in the Gameboy games. A lot of those batteries are starting to run out now so I wouldn't worry too much.

The CE mark means it is a pal copy as that's a European safety mark or something. The sticker on the PAL games is also shiny. Not overly shiny but a bit reflective if you know what I mean.

Yeah. The batteries are a nightmare. I remember taking out my copy of Pokemon Red about 6-7 years ago and finding that the save battery was dead. Gold was the same. At least the GBA games are still playable.

Yeah, I get you. For some reason I remember them being a lot shinier. Maybe I was picturing some strange PAL-NTSC amalgamation. . .

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The battery in the GBA games are just for the clock and won't affect your save, that's only in the Gameboy games. A lot of those batteries are starting to run out now so I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, seems like an easy fix to pop a new battery in anyway.
    Yeah. The batteries are a nightmare. I remember taking out my copy of Pokemon Red about 6-7 years ago and finding that the save battery was dead. Gold was the same. At least the GBA games are still playable.

My copy of Red still works perfect on its original battery! :)

Ron DMC wrote: »

My copy of Red still works perfect on its original battery! :)

It must be running on fumes and a lot of hope at this stage, ha. Even my Gold battery has been dead a couple of years.

Edit: I just checked my copies and red has a game save... I could swear that wasn't there a couple of months ago. Not my original save though. I remember giving it to my sister for a while after doing the rare candy cheat, having all my Pokemon at level 90+ and beating the game multiple times.

Gold, however, is still dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I had a yellow one working fine too.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had a yellow one working fine too.

Strange that the Red/Blue/Yellow battery lasted longer than the Gold one. I'd assume that's down to the in-game clock running off of the same battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I have Red,Yellow, Silver and Crystal.

The Red and Yellow save fine but the others dont which is weird because they're older.

TheStook wrote: »
    I have Red,Yellow, Silver and Crystal.

The Red and Yellow save fine but the others dont which is weird because they're older.

Must be the clock so. The battery in the GBA games runs the clock, so I'd assume in Gold/Silver/the GBC games the battery is for the save and the clock, causing it to run out faster.

• Advertisement

The vast majority of gba games use nonvolatile ram to save games meaning if you hear that the game won't save then its a boot using cheapo flash memory and probably can't be fixed. The battery would only be for clck functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

My copy of Red, Yellow and Gold all still work fine. This probably makes no sense, but would the cartridge being left plugged into the gameboy over years kill the battery?

Donatron wrote: »
    My copy of Red, Yellow and Gold all still work fine. This probably makes no sense, but would the cartridge being left plugged into the gameboy over years kill the battery?

It shouldn't. The battery is just there to maintain the save file. It shouldn't use any extra power because the game is left in a Gameboy.

My copy of Gold hadn't been in a Gameboy for 8 or so years from when I first played it until I took it out to try it again. The battery was still dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sugarman wrote: »
    Cack game, but great for brand new replacement cases, might be usefull someone up north or heading the UK.

quick, get it VGA graded, you can sell it for £10,000

Search Earthbound on eBay under Ireland only. I'm selling off a few bits.

Can I do this? Link to my own auction I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some nice titles you're getting rid of...you getting out of collecting? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Yeah some nice stuff on there, ntsc also

Linking to your own auction is no different to linking to someone else's, so fire ahead. Once it's not a commercial enterprise, in which case it'd be a Nope.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Some nice titles you're getting rid of...you getting out of collecting? :eek:

Yep. Just can't afford to keep it up and I'm not playing the stuff as much as I use to and I need funds.
    Still looking to collect for Gamecube and I've kept 90% of that collection and I'm going to focus on Wii and DS to keep the hunger for gaming satisfied.
    I collect books as well and that can be an expensive hobby at times, so one had to go and unfortunately snes and other retro stuff went.
    Maybe I will get back into it, when I've a regular job and I'm finish college. No maybe, I will. So see ye in a few years, well except Cidey of course.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Linking to your own auction is no different to linking to someone else's, so fire ahead. Once it's not a commercial enterprise, in which case it'd be a Nope.

Sound. Maybe I should throw up a link... nah.

• Advertisement

Pokemon Black & White reduced to €9.99 each in Argos.

€8.02 profit (plus the 500 Stars) to be made selling one of each to CeX.

Can't seem to find them online or is this just an in store thing?

TheStook wrote: »
    Can't seem to find them online or is this just an in store thing?

I don't think they show up if you search for Pokemon. It's the same with their in-store system. If you go to the Video Games page, click on Nintendo DS and then on Nintendo DS games, you should find it there. I picked up White a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have many copies left though. Usually 1 per store with two (counting the one I got) in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

CeX give €13 for them? Cash or store credit?

kingtut wrote: »
    CeX give €13 for them? Cash or store credit?

for Black it's €13 cash or €17 credit
    for White it's €15 cash or €19 credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Nice one, great find!

• Advertisement

Yep. Just can't afford to keep it up and I'm not playing the stuff as much as I use to and I need funds.
    Still looking to collect for Gamecube and I've kept 90% of that collection and I'm going to focus on Wii and DS to keep the hunger for gaming satisfied.
    I collect books as well and that can be an expensive hobby at times, so one had to go and unfortunately snes and other retro stuff went.
    Maybe I will get back into it, when I've a regular job and I'm finish college. No maybe, I will. So see ye in a few years, well except Cidey of course.

Sound. Maybe I should throw up a link... nah.

Under significant pressure from those clambering for link, I have buckled.
    Here it is:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/owaynott/m.html?item=151359394390&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Give me your money suckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nintendo 2DS for £69.99 sterling(or less it seems) from Tesco Direct UK.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-2ds-4gb-card-69-with-code-possible-64-can-clubcard-boost-tesco-direct-1958202

Might need to use your UK Parcel Motel address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Good price but after getting used to the 3DS XL, don't think I could ever realistically bother with the standard size screens again :o

Any idea what they trade in for at Gamestop? I dont live near Cex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Under significant pressure from those clambering for link, I have buckled.
    Here it is:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/owaynott/m.html?item=151359394390&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Give me your money suckers!

Some really excellent stuff their man! Good luck with Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. Really interested in seeing what Earthbound ends at.

I'd quite like that Super Probotector, still don't have it. Will definitely throw some bids down.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement