Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

BittaTrig wrote: »
    If you're starting i'd recommend playing ranked early as possible, I left it until lvl 160 and ended up being stuck in a 2k mmr trench... I won 7 of 10 of my fecking calibration games too. the longer you leave it chances are your public MMR(Which is hidden) will get lower unless you're amazing at the game.

I think I won 7 out of 10 calibration also, got placed at 1850! On the plus side, I've stopped caring about it so much after being calibrated and nobody at this MMR knows how good Diffusal Blade is against Omni.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unless you've mastered 2 or 3 heroes don't play ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

My support Pudge is amazing. I've being playing him in nothing but a support role since his hook buff. It's incredibly good for first bloods now that there's 2 runes. You can sit in jungle on Dire or Radiant and bait out the run contesting with your mid/carry. Every time I get a hook off at 0:00 and our carry gets the first blood. If you guys haven't noticed I'm really liking support Pudge. I think I've won every game as support Pudge since the buff.

Guys. SUPPORT. PUDGE.

Shadow shaman+pudge roaming support duo? That would be fairly sick. Hook - Shackle - dead.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We were roaming Skyrath and Pudge, seemed to do the job! We did Pugna and Pudge (Bit greedy) but didn't work out as well (though we still whooped ass). My problem with Shaman is that hes slow to get into positions etc, early game he needs boots to 100% ensure roaming kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Had a good feed as Pudge last night thanks to you Cherry. **** you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys ive flirted with getting into MOBAs very often but even playing against bots in tutorials scared me away the few times i tried.
    Any thoughts on the easiest one of the bunch to get into?
    Heroes of the storm looks pretty good too aswell as dota2,lol and smite.
    But since this is dota2 thread any particular character i should play with first as a noob?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Try Wraith King.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

smite is the least stressful Ive played and probably best for starting. I'm very jaded towards dota atm though so take from that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

I was on a very nice run there only losing 3 games in about 20. Last game was a complete troll-fest though. I was forced to solo safe-lane with a support Jakiro against a Weaver. Absolutely unwinnable.

I've a feeling Steam decided to press the doom switch now, so my good run will be punished this week by ensuring I'm paired up with the biggest idiots in Dota. Variance is a bitch.

Na'vi looking good in the DAC quali's today

• Advertisement

Na'vi looking good in the DAC quali's today

really glad to see Hearts Get Together through as well, loved their matches during the asian qualifiers.

shaping up to be a great event. For once I'm pretty much in the dark about who will do well (apart from Secret, LGD and Vici). I have a gut feeling Newbee won't be as good and maybe an early elimination. C9 and EG won't be up to much either I suspect

Secret prove that Techies is winnable in a professional environment. They are really on top of their game. EG looking good too, Fears Lone Druid play was great to watch yesterday.

I'm glad Chinese teams aren't dominating and to an extent I'm not surprised. Newbee have had little/no matches lately so I guess they're a bit rusty. The game they won they drafted outside the meta so I think that they should draft they way they like to play, not how they should be played.

I really like Rave's drafts so far too.

I think it's going to be an explosive next few days, can't really count anyone out from elimination (bar the top 3 maybe).

Newbee are RPG players.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

techies won a game? link? :D

techies won a game? link? :D

Here you go friend:

Fun fact. Black has 100% winrate with Sniper this year. He's also won 2/2 sniper games in this tournament.

Newbee are playing absolute muck. C9 doing their impression of a Yo-Yo. read an interview with iceiceice who was saying they are easy to beat once you are used to their tempo, have to agree - EE shouldn't be drafting imo.
    NaVi making a little comeback today which is always nice to see :) and EG have surprised me, didnt think they would have it together after the shuffle but Aui2000 is a hell of a player, as is fear. I still wanna see BigGod go all the way, for the lols :p

on a side note - Dubstep is as bad as the garage music of late 90s / early 2000s, maybe worse. why can't they play good music in between matches :s

BMMachine wrote: »
    on a side note - Dubstep is as bad as the garage music of late 90s / early 2000s, maybe worse. why can't they play good music in between matches :s

They only play music by musicat/issued by Creative Commons. New standards etc. Main BTS though always has aftertalk.

Also holy crap, that Secret vs CDEC game.

They only play music by musicat/issued by Creative Commons. New standards etc. Main BTS though always has aftertalk.

Also holy crap, that Secret vs CDEC game.

yeah was an awesome ending. CDEC are great to watch in general I find, hungry young players, in fact they are playing for a sandwich.

whats a creative commons when its at home? and by new standards do you mean like radio rights and stuff? people wanting money for the songs being played?

• Advertisement

yeah was an awesome ending. CDEC are great to watch in general I find, hungry young players, in fact they are playing for a sandwich.

whats a creative commons when its at home? and by new standards do you mean like radio rights and stuff? people wanting money for the songs being played?

The labels yeah, won't allow music when streaming. Most users streaming from home get away with it because numbers are little/none. But when you have studios casting games they're in the spotlight and must adhere to the standards set out for freely licenced music only.

Tbh the whole thing reeks. Labels lose nothing if streamers play their music and gain everything by interested spectators in the music itself.

LGD vs Newbee is on in a bit. If Newbee lose they are in big trouble. If they do equally as bad tomorrow they would be essentially out. Top 12 go through, based on the qualis you can squeeze through with about 10 losses after all the games.

they are in the process of losing :p

they are in the process of losing :p

Yup, awful games today. Na'vi on the other hand. Funnik QOP very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1 douchie

Hi all,

I'm new from Dublin but I don't get to play Dota 2 anymore since I don't have personal laptop. Is there any place you would recommend where I could play? :)

Omni is some hero.

So after day 3, MVP and Newbee will not be in the top 8, very doubtful for top 12 for sure. EHOME after a strong start have had some extremely questionable plays and as a result have fallen down the leaderboard after a good initial start. Na'vi continue their momentum. Apparently Funnik drafted Day 1 and Goblak has drafted every game since then, only dropping 1 and winning 6. Secret really look on top though. Some amazing plays all round, they look like they will win this outright unless their BO3 A-game isnt there.

So after day 3, MVP and Newbee will not be in the top 8, very doubtful for top 12 for sure. EHOME after a strong start have had some extremely questionable plays and as a result have fallen down the leaderboard after a good initial start. Na'vi continue their momentum. Apparently Funnik drafted Day 1 and Goblak has drafted every game since then, only dropping 1 and winning 6. Secret really look on top though. Some amazing plays all round, they look like they will win this outright unless their BO3 A-game isnt there.

thats the thing, I only think they will get better in BO3 :s they are frighteningly good atm, probably the best 'superteam' I've seen so far (granted one tournament but DK last year weren't this impressive)

for nostalgias sake, Go on BIGGODS!!

If I kept playing Luna I'm sure my MMR would finally surpass 4k. Every time I play her I amass more than 100lh/10mins and win the game outright. Buuuuuut playing the same hero over and over is very boring.

I played with this Slark a few days ago. 1200 games of Dota 2 and 800 with Slark alone.

<3 Luna. one of the first heroes I learned to play properly back in the day. Don't get hung up on MMR, it means nothing except in very high and very low cases. Its like chasing the dragon :p

• Advertisement

I'm up 600 MMR since 6.82 so I guess I'm doing something right :)

Advertisement