Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Well, I dunno, I felt the LC forum was in need of a thread for this topic, it's a significant part of the whole Leaving Cert experience :P Posts about it in the OT thread get lost n' stuff, so with debs season approaching (mine's in two weeks), get discussing! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

That reminds me I still need to pay for my ticket..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

All I have are tickets I have no idea what Im doing about anything else..
    Hopefully its a long Summer >.<

deise_girl wrote: »
    All I have are tickets I have no idea what Im doing about anything else..
    Hopefully its a long Summer >.<

I have tickets and a car rented! I don't even know who I wanna bring tbh. Mine's in September though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

My debs including transport, tickets, dress, hair/makeup, hotel room for the night...
    Adds up to a grand total of €75
    Beating the recession since 1995 :cool:

Disclaimer: alcohol not included :P

Mines in September too thank god :P
    Ahh transport, thats in the minute detail section like what I should do with my hair atm.
    the biggies atm are dress and who to bring, even if I can settle on one of those..

Best thing about being a guy is that I can't really go wrong with a suit. The big thing is who to go with because you need to be able to have a good time with them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

peekachoo wrote: »
    My debs including transport, tickets, dress, hair/makeup, hotel room for the night...
    Adds up to a grand total of €75
    Beating the recession since 1995 :cool:

Disclaimer: alcohol not included :P

What?
    We have to buy 2 tickets and they alone cost €100
    Tiz hard times lads

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My grad isn't till' like November so no ticket or nothing yet! Going to the grad with someone else in August though, just need to get a suit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

What?
    Tiz hard times lads

€100 each ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

What?
    Tiz hard times lads

Ours were €120 for the two aswell alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler95

Does anyone know what the dinners consist of ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ours are €70 each,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

€35 for my single ticket :D

Joys of being alone!

Lads will a black skinny tie and black suit make it look like im going to a funeral? Dates dress is black and white.

Lads will a black skinny tie and black suit make it look like im going to a funeral? Dates dress is black and white.

Wear a dicky bow instead :D

noooo skinny black ties are the best, go with it :D

Oh and it's because im on the committee so I got 2 tickets for free. The tickets are actually 60 each :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Go with the dickie bow! I've always had a bit of a thing for them.

Our tickets were €70 each (last year's were €65) and I only bothered/had the money to buy one so no date crisis for me thank god! I've had the dress since just after Christmas, bought it in a Debenhams sale in England, £79 reduced to £22.50, I couldn't resist such a bargain! Helps that I'm in love with the dress too I suppose.

peekachoo wrote: »
    yes :D

Black and white is gonna be classical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Only bought the one ticket,which was €60 and the money that I would have spent on the second ticket is goin straight into my savings for the Ireland v New Zealand match in November :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, I dunno, I felt the LC forum was in need of a thread for this topic, it's a significant part of the whole Leaving Cert experience :P Posts about it in the OT thread get lost n' stuff, so with debs season approaching (mine's in two weeks), get discussing! :D
    There used to be an ongoing one over the last couple of years, but it was getting awful long anyway; a fresh start may be no harm. ;)
    Depends on the cut, really, but you can't go too far wrong with classical black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Our tickets were €72 each and I bought two. €144 ... Have a date sorted though so all I need is a suit, box of chocolates and a corsage then I'm sorted. Transport is included in our tickets with two party buses taking us to the venue then the nightclub and back to the venue for breakfast before heading home. I genuinely cannot wait for it.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Our tickets were €72 each and I bought two. €144 ... Have a date sorted though so all I need is a suit, box of chocolates and a corsage then I'm sorted. Transport is included in our tickets with two party buses taking us to the venue then the nightclub and back to the venue for breakfast before heading home. I genuinely cannot wait for it.

These tickets sound sooooo expensive lots of people saying their tickets were 70 euro alone without their dates tickets :eek: do you all get really fancy dinners or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Grey suit anyone?

Grey suit anyone?

My suit is grey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

HugsiePie wrote: »
    These tickets sound sooooo expensive lots of people saying their tickets were 70 euro alone without their dates tickets :eek: do you all get really fancy dinners or something?

Our tickets were about 140 for the two, including an optional tenner for 2 copies of a photograph at the hotel. This included a meal of a soup starter, some chicken in white wine sauce wrapped in bacon for main course and dessert, which I've forgotten (looking forward to the food immensely :D ). Also, champagne reception and transport, so I guess that's what it covers. Can't wait! :D

Turkey and Ham FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

My suit is grey ;)

Is that a hint? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Ours is that price and it just includes the 3 course meal, the band, then the DJ and a bar extension.

• Advertisement

Is that a hint? ;)

Grey suits are the bomb
    The joke was that I'm a girl :D

Advertisement