Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Any idea who lined out who scored etc?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

IanVW wrote: »
    Any idea who lined out who scored etc?

Nahh sorry, Im relying on scraps from twitter!
    Ill post anything I come across though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Excellent win for the senior footballers against Clare, 1-09 to 0-11.

I've played in Milltown Malbay before, and it must be one of the wildest places in Ireland. With Gary Hurney suspended getting a win was a big achievement.

I'd back suggestions by other posters to return the favour next time we play Clare - they get away with doing that far too often. Ardmore or Gaultier might be options.

good result for the hurlers 2-24 to 1-22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

hardybuck wrote: »
    Excellent win for the senior footballers against Clare, 1-09 to 0-11.

I've played in Milltown Malbay before, and it must be one of the wildest places in Ireland. With Gary Hurney suspended getting a win was a big achievement.

I'd back suggestions by other posters to return the favour next time we play Clare - they get away with doing that far too often. Ardmore or Gaultier might be options.

I was listening to the Clare FM earlier on. It appears not only did they bring Waterford to the North coast of Clare, but they brought Fermanagh down to the South East of the county to play a ladies football game. Its about time that someone had a word with them and give them a doze of their own medicine when it comes to them visiting other counties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Great win for the footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

great start to the league today, even with the micko factor and the game being played in the wilds of west clare...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Super start to the league for footballers, always hard to win away. Need to keep it up against Tip next week at home though.

Any team/scorers for both football/hurling games today floating around?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Is Darren Guiry related to Monty Guiry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done to the footballers. Great win. Carlow beat Tipp today, remember we drew with them in the McGrath Cup before losing in ET also, so must have a good chance next weekend. Is Hurney suspended next weekend also?

• Advertisement

Robbed from the Club Deise Facebook
    Just had a quick word with Senior Hurling Manager Michael Ryan and here’s a short report after the Challenge match against Offaly:

Full Time Score Waterford 2-24 to Offaly 1-22
    With scores from Jamie Barron (2-1), Martin O’Neill (11), Ray Barry (4), Shane O’Sullivan (3), Jake Dillon (2), Brian O’Halloran (2), Gavin O’Brien (1).

A great match with a very young team as the average age of the panel is now 23 years and 3 months with 19 of them still in 3rd level. Only 3 of the 2012 Championship team played, namely Kevin Moran, Brick and Noel Connors. Shane Fives played the match in the Full Back position and played very well. Paudie Prendergast and Jamie Nagle also played very well.

Also want to congratulate the footballers on their win in Clare :)

Quite exciting to see such a young hurling panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Can anyone tell me if it's been decided where Waterford will play their home games in this years NHL? We are home to Cork on March 10th, home to Tipp and home to Galway. Are these fixed for Walsh Park or Dungarvan? Heard murmurings that they may be on in Carriganore too. Anyone care to confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

Can anyone tell me if it's been decided where Waterford will play their home games in this years NHL? We are home to Cork on March 10th, home to Tipp and home to Galway. Are these fixed for Walsh Park or Dungarvan? Heard murmurings that they may be on in Carriganore too. Anyone care to confirm?

Ah you couldnt play NHL games in Carriganore. Grand for maybe club or college games but in fairness theres more atmosphere at a funeral than there is at games out there.

Dungarvan and Walsh park so? Presume Waterford V Cork will be Fraher field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Anyone hear about a challenge match last night in Carraiganore between the minors and U21's? Any report, who played well (who even played at all etc.)?
    Jaysus lads, I'm in Sydney and I'm telling ye this! :P:pac:

Football latest Waterford 1-3 tipp 0-2

KevIRL wrote: »
    Football latest Waterford 1-3 tipp 0-2

1-4 to 0-6 at half time I believe

Waterford 2-4 tipp 0-7

2-5 To 0-9 latest. Hold pls, a win would be massive

• Advertisement

Great victory:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Great stuff. Tipp have a young team out at the moment so wouldn't get carried away, but they will definitely take a scalp off one of the other division 4 contenders before the league is out. The lads have left themselves in a good position to contest now after two excellent wins in a row.

Final score Ian?

2-8 to 9 points

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Huge win today, need the result for last week in Clare to mean anything. A bit of luck with the 2nd goal. Tactics were not pretty but effective - breaking ball was brilliant.

another great win this evening in the league, bit lucky for second goal alrite but in a great position now to push on. good also to see large crowd there this evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Great win tonight and promotion to division three and a run in the qualifiers is a realistic goal for the team.They would have beaten Wicklow last year if the county board allowed the management enough time to prepare the team for that game.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Early days, but getting the feeling of 2010 coming back again. 2 crucial wins, without Gary Hurney as well.

A lot of people would have written Waterford off, but might start to take notice now. Nobody will take them for granted from here on in.

Limerick at home next should be a huge game. We've an excellent record against Limerick in the league, but the games are always close.

The other most difficult game is against Offaly, which is also at home, which is a great advantage.

Promotion is certainly a possibility at this stage.

Great win tonight and promotion to division three and a run in the qualifiers is a realistic goal for the team.They would have beaten Wicklow last year if the county board allowed the management enough time to prepare the team for that game.

They would have beaten Wicklow last year if Gary Hurney had allowed himself to stay on the field.

• Advertisement

Huge win again for the footballers. Anyone any insight into how things have been going training wise under the new regime. Couldn't have asked for a better start anyway.

The hurlers are playing Wexford in a challenge next weekend but its all I heard.
    Ill post here if I here places days or times..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

deise_girl wrote: »
    The hurlers are playing Wexford in a challenge next weekend but its all I heard.
    Ill post here if I here places days or times..

Likely to be in wexford. Probably enniscorthy and possibly on Saturday afternoon.

Haha bit by bit guys.. Saturday evening in Waterford. I assume that means Carriganore then for the lights?
    Now to hunt around for an actual time..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

We'll just have to wait for the next WexfordGAA tweet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Footballers a good e/w bet to win div 4 @ 5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DeiseX

WIT take on CIT tonight at 7:30pm in the Fitzgibbon in Carriganore lads if you're looking to avoid Easternenders and the likes. :D

dzilla wrote: »
    Footballers a good e/w bet to win div 4 @ 5/1
    know a few lads who got them at 16/1 before the clare game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

DeiseX wrote: »
    WIT take on CIT tonight at 7:30pm in the Fitzgibbon in Carriganore lads if you're looking to avoid Easternenders and the likes. :D

any result? match report?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Thomas Keane tweeted that the match is in Enniscorthy at 2pm on Saturday. Pity it wasn't in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

RIP John A Murphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

robopaddy wrote: »
    RIP John A Murphy

Will miss his articles in the Examiner and The News And Star.
    RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

robopaddy wrote: »
    RIP John A Murphy

That's awful sad news.His last article on the News And Star was two weeks ago.I thought something was wrong though because he wasn't on last weeks paper.It's awful sad he looked to have been getting better he expressed his hope in that last article that the worst of his health issues were over but sadly they weren't.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

RIP. Very sad time for his wife Eileen and family.

Any team name for tomorrows challenge match against Wexford?

Wexford 11 waterford 8 at half time. Wexford playing with a strong wind in the first half.

Waterford team v Wexford SOK, Shane Fives, Liam Lawlor , Noel Connors, Nagle, Brick, Moran, Shane Sullivan, Richie Foley, O'Halloran, Pender, Ray Barry, Jake Dillon, O'Neill, Gavin O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

IanVW wrote: »
    Wexford 11 waterford 8 at half time. Wexford playing with a strong wind in the first half.

What is the full time score.

mccarthy37 wrote: »

What is the full time score.

Waterford 2-17 wexford 0-17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Congratulations to Dungarvan CBS who have triumphed 1-22 to 1-15 over Tulla after ET in the B final. A very strong wind at this game by all accounts with CBS down 0-8 to 0-1 at one stage and then being denied the win in normal time by a last minute Tulla goal. Superb result and well done to all concerned, many of whom will be lining out in the Harty Cup final next weekend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement