Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭nerd69

ec18 wrote: »
    My hunch is that unless the Cavs give him a max he'll leave

Can you pay 3 guys max and get a team around them Maby you can with the cap riseing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

nerd69 wrote: »
    Can you pay 3 guys max and get a team around them Maby you can with the cap riseing

You can as long as you're willing to pay the tax? I'm not familiar with the CBA but would it matter that Kyrie and Love would have signed max deals before the cap jump in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It looks like the Cavs are more comfortable going to Mozgov in the post than Love.

Will Love get a max contract from anyone this summer? He has been exposed.

Love will get a max in a heartbeat. Love can play, ignore his current play as they're still figuring things out in Cleveland. There's only one ball to share between him, LeJon and Kyrie after all.

Kyre with 55 last night (including 11 3s)

Back to the 1 ball theory - take LeJon out for the night and everyone else gets more touches. Pity I didn't know LeJon was out before I put a feckin' huge wedge on the Cleveland handicap - which of course didn't come in. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Love will get a max in a heartbeat. Love can play, ignore his current play as they're still figuring things out in Cleveland. There's only one ball to share between him, LeJon and Kyrie after all.
    I agree but I think this season has shown he is nowhere near the sort of superstar player he 'potentially' could have been. It was always hard to tell when he was putting up numbers on a bad team.

• Advertisement

I agree but I think this season has shown he is nowhere near the sort of superstar player he 'potentially' could have been. It was always hard to tell when he was putting up numbers on a bad team.

Not sure I agree, he's on a team right now where he's not even the 2nd choice on offense and that's a huge adjustment for a guy with his talent level. Yes he has defensive deficiencies but his offensive numbers don't lie over the last few seasons. IMO he's in the wrong team/system right now to get the most out of his game. He's publicly committed to Cleveland but I wouldn't be surprised to see him head somewhere warmer, oh like LA...

The best summer LA could hope for this year would be to net Love and maybe dragic?

The best summer LA could hope for this year would be to net Love and maybe dragic?

would love and randel work together? what would your starting lineup be in that case? and do you think its a championship team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

would love and randel work together? what would your starting lineup be in that case? and do you think its a championship team?

I wont lie, Id take Love and Dragic in a hearbeat, Id presume if Love came in wed try trade Randle for somebody a bit more ready

astonaidan wrote: »
    I wont lie, Id take Love and Dragic in a hearbeat, Id presume if Love came in wed try trade Randle for somebody a bit more ready

go on try to put a starting 5 together out of it I'm curious as to what you feel your starting lineup could be next year. randall would presumably have very good value given he was supposed to be the most nba ready player in the most hyped draft in years.

• Advertisement

No Lillard in the all star game. Lol what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

No Cousins either. That's an even bigger joke. Historic numbers, team falls apart without him. **** NBA coaches.

That's Vivek and D'Allesandro's fault for firing Malone. It kills me to be a Kings fan. I feel so bad for Cousins, he just can't get a fair shake no matter what he does. I won't blame him one bit if he wants to leave Sacramento in the next couple of years, and I can't rule out following him.

moneyman wrote: »
    No Cousins either. That's an even bigger joke. Historic numbers, team falls apart without him. **** NBA coaches.

That's Vivek and D'Allesandro's fault for firing Malone. It kills me to be a Kings fan. I feel so bad for Cousins, he just can't get a fair shake no matter what he does. I won't blame him one bit if he wants to leave Sacramento in the next couple of years, and I can't rule out following him.

its madness both are arguably the best in there league at there position :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

It baffles how people are consistently outraged at all star selections, the whole thimg is flawed to say the least and has been for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ugh, Chicago. :(

The game was just finishing as I was getting up for work, but looking at the box score I see Mirotic only played 12 minutes. Was there any particular reason for that?

@ Phoenix tonight which will be a very tough game.

I don't know if love and Randle would work together, if i was including both of them in a starting line up i'd probably try Love at 4, Randle at 3 and vice versa...If that failed i'd move randle to the bench.

No i don't think love and dragic would make them a championship team. But a playoff team maybe

It baffles how people are consistently outraged at all star selections, the whole thimg is flawed to say the least and has been for a while
    I'm not outraged and I don't really care that much, but Lillard is a stud. He absolutely deserves an all star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

go on try to put a starting 5 together out of it I'm curious as to what you feel your starting lineup could be next year. randall would presumably have very good value given he was supposed to be the most nba ready player in the most hyped draft in years.

Dragic, Kobe, SF,Love, Hill. Now Im not sure how the money works but dont see Randle and Love in same line unless Love is going centre and Randle goes PF.

astonaidan wrote: »
    Dragic, Kobe, SF,Love, Hill. Now Im not sure how the money works but dont see Randle and Love in same line unless Love is going centre and Randle goes PF.

could see them try to trade randle for a centre not sure who they would get though (and to be fair they could be in for okafor in this years draft)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Paully D wrote: »

The game was just finishing as I was getting up for work, but looking at the box score I see Mirotic only played 12 minutes. Was there any particular reason for that?

@ Phoenix tonight which will be a very tough game.

A game I'm looking forward to. Last night was a poor loss for ye so there will be some hunger to avenge last nights loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Justice! Boogie with his first All-Star appearance, Silver picked him as the replacement for Kobe.

Worth sticking a 5er on him for MVP. The odds will be great, and even though it's usually a guard who takes home MVP, Cuz is going to have a chip on his shoulder in this game. He'll also lead the break a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver chooses Kings center DeMarcus Cousins to replace Lakers guard Kobe Bryant (injury) in 2015 NBA All-Star Game.

Actually delighted at this news, also replacing Bean is a bonus. His numbers and growth over the last few years is too much to be overlooked. Also its very rare that the commissioner is commended over a decision but here it is! First Kings all star since 2004. Hopefully from this point on the turmoil and ****ery ends in Sactown.

Lillard was also extremely deserving but the league is so stacked there's always a good few deserving players left out. Boogie got in because he had more coach votes than Lillard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

moneyman wrote: »
    Justice! Boogie with his first All-Star appearance, Silver picked him as the replacement for Kobe.

Worth sticking a 5er on him for MVP. The odds will be great, and even though it's usually a guard who takes home MVP, Cuz is going to have a chip on his shoulder in this game. He'll also lead the break a lot.

I'd imagine Cousins will get 7/8 mins max. The all star game is so tough to get minutes in, especially for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The All Star Game is just a popularity contest at this stage. Doesn't matter how good you're playing. If Michael Jordan came back and averaged 5 points a game, he'd still be voted into the All Star Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »

Not sure, don't think there was any injury issue anyway.

Wasn't a great team performance, but pretty unhappy with Rose in the game. Shot 7-26, I don't mind bad nights, but if you don't have it going, you need to go to your teammates a bit more. Hated the shot at the end of the first overtime....Bulls had led by 5 with a minute to go, Lakers tied it up, and the Bulls had the last shot with about 15 seconds left.

Cleared it out for Rose against Wayne Ellington. And you're thinking 'drive to the rim', he never even tried, could tell by the way he was lining up, had no intention of trying to take him off the dribble. Ended up taking a long step-back jumper out near the 3-point line, which was a total brick.

I don't mind the miss, but hate the choice of shot. If you drive to the rim, you have 3 chances of scoring...you make the shot, you get fouled, or you have a good chance of a tip-in off a short rebound. Jump-shot off the dribble is a cop-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Kevin Love going off on one in the first quarter against the kings, 16 points so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Whiteside with 14 rebounds after 8 minutes for the heat :0

Crazy stuff.The game itself isn't worth watching without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Half time in the Utah/GSW game.
    Utah up 56-45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

killwill wrote: »
    Half time in the Utah/GSW game.
    Utah up 56-45.

Warriors didn't play well and utah played pretty good, a lot of easy points in the fast break and easy rebounds.
    I think the warriors looked a bit tired and its probably not a bad thing that they loose a few, brings people back to reality.
    Was watching it in a bar in sf and I swear people would think they have fallen to pieces all together, bay area baskrtball fans have a very short memory, the team was ****e for so many years, this team is a revelation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Warriors didn't play well and utah played pretty good, a lot of easy points in the fast break and easy rebounds.
    I think the warriors looked a bit tired and its probably not a bad thing that they loose a few, brings people back to reality.
    Was watching it in a bar in sf and I swear people would think they have fallen to pieces all together, bay area baskrtball fans have a very short memory, the team was ****e for so many years, this team is a revelation.

I enjoy watching the Warriors. Quick on the break and great shooting. But IMO they rely too heavily on their outside game and that simply is not enough when it comes to playoffs. The front court is not strong enough and it is a shame as their 1-2 are the strongest in the league by a country mile.
    I hope I am wrong and they go all the way. I just cannot see it happening.

Advertisement