Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Really like the Cavs now, they'll be right up there in the east come playoff time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Watching the game on delay, where did that lad Whiteside come from? Haven't seen as dominant a one-man defensive performance for a while.

14 points, 13 rebounds and 12 blocks in 25 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs win it 108-98. LeBron got 34, Kyrie got 21 & K Love got 19 for the Cavs. For OKC, Durant got 32 & Russ got 22
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Watching the game on delay, where did that lad Whiteside come from? Haven't seen as dominant a one-man defensive performance for a while.

He bounced around a few teams in the league a few years ago before going abroad. Those are just ridiculous stats for 25 mins

Suns and Clippers is ridiculously entertaining to watch right now, so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

NufcNavan wrote: »

What about Whiteside though. A triple double in 24 minutes. The Heat may have really lucked into a gem with Whiteside. And they smartly signed him to a two year deal, so they'll have him next year at the minimum salary.

He had 25 and 16 against the clippers a couple of weeks ago too.
    Have we finally stumbled upon the big man we've been searching for for years?
    Now we just need Lebron back and we're good to go for another ring :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Brandon Jennings gone for the season. Is it just me or are there a LOT more serious injuries in the last few years than before?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Any1 know if theirs any 2015 draft threads up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Looks like the incoming blizzard that's about to hit the east coast is going to cause a bit of havoc. Both games in NYC tonight (Kings/Knicks and Blazers/Nets) are off
    limerickfc wrote: »
    Any1 know if theirs any 2015 draft threads up this year?

Not yet anyways. Usually DRD would be the person that'd post about the draft/college ball.

BQQ wrote: »
    He had 25 and 16 against the clippers a couple of weeks ago too.
    Have we finally stumbled upon the big man we've been searching for for years?
    Now we just need Lebron back and we're good to go for another ring :pac:

I wonder would Lebron have left if he'd been there last year, seemed like he'd have been a perfect fit for that team.

Interested to see if he can keep it up. It looked legit against the Bulls, but looking at his wiki, he seems to have come from nowhere (virtually).

The 76ers are starting Larry Drew II tonight, he's on a ten day contract...tankapolooza in Philly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The 76ers are starting Larry Drew II tonight, he's on a ten day contract...tankapolooza in Philly
    Who?

Who?

Thats the point!

Ah now come on lads, any of you had stats like these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Drew_II

The 3 point contest will be good fun this year with Korver, Curry and Thompson confirmed. Normally I prefer this to the dunk contest so I for one can't wait! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭nerd69

The 3 point contest will be good fun this year with Korver, Curry and Thompson confirmed. Normally I prefer this to the dunk contest so I for one can't wait! :D:D

to be fair the dunk contest should be a good one as well with the greek freak , zach lavine and oladipo for that matter

nerd69 wrote: »
    to be fair the dunk contest should be a good one as well with the greek freak , zach lavine and oladipo for that matter

Lavine - yes, definitely, will look forward to seeing him but the other two? Meh. GF looks awkward dunking at times as he's so freakishly long and Oladipo isn't the best dunker in the world from what I've seen.

I posted a video of Lavine before the draft last year dunking in practice - some nasty dunks in that video if you can be bothered to go and look for it. :rolleyes:

Lavine - yes, definitely, will look forward to seeing him but the other two? Meh. GF looks awkward dunking at times as he's so freakishly long and Oladipo isn't the best dunker in the world from what I've seen.

I posted a video of Lavine before the draft last year dunking in practice - some nasty dunks in that video if you can be bothered to go and look for it. :rolleyes:

i think gf can dunk but they will be more look how far i can dunk from/ look how high i can jump dunks whereas lavine has hops but would probably be able to add a lot more agility to his dunks. oladipo is not the best but he's not a bad 3rd best dunker considering some of what we've had

Mouthwatering lineup, looking forward to that more than usual. Craig Hodges' points record could be under threat.

Not expecting the Bulls to pull off an upset in Oakland tonight. Could give the Warriors a decent game full-strength, but just won't be able to keep pace with their 3-point shooting with Dunleavy and McDermott out. Some nice matchups though with Curry vs. Rose and Butler vs. Thompson.

Just looking at the Warriors record, not too far off the pace of the Bulls' 72-10 season. At 36-6, currently on pace to go 70-12, which I think would be the 2nd most wins ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Apparently Curry and Boards.ie infamous John Wall are opening the All-Star game with a game of HORSE?
    I'm not a fan of the dunk contest myself. I find it very drawn out but love the skills drill and 3 point shooting contests.

killwill wrote: »
    Apparently Curry and Boards.ie infamous John Wall are opening the All-Star game with a game of HORSE?
    I'm not a fan of the dunk contest myself. I find it very drawn out but love the skills drill and 3 point shooting contests.

wall is surly indisputably a star now he's playing really really great this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

wall is surly indisputably a star now he's playing really really great this year

Oh without a doubt he is. He has grown alot over the offseason IMO. I wonder was that a natural development for him or was bringing Paul Pierce in a big factor in that.

GSW at home to Chicago just starting. Reckon this will be a great high tempo game.

HORSE is horrible to watch live. I'll probably skip that part tbh.

Mason Plumlee added to the Dunk Contest. Ah……….ok…..:pac::D

He can jump and he can dunk with power, but for me anyway he's too tall to look athletically and aesthetically graceful dunking in an open court situation.

It's Lavine's to lose.

Not expecting the Bulls to pull off an upset in Oakland tonight. Could give the Warriors a decent game full-strength, but just won't be able to keep pace with their 3-point shooting with Dunleavy and McDermott out. Some nice matchups though with Curry vs. Rose and Butler vs. Thompson.

Expert reverse-jinxing there....nah, really didn't think they had much chance, and things looked even worse before tip-off when Butler was ruled out (flu), and Klank Hinbrick was inserted into the starting lineup.

Thought I was still watching that Klay Thompson 37-point quarter video, when he started the game shooting 6/6, for 15 points in the first 6 minutes.

The Bulls shot well in the first half too, with Rose making some 3s, but really looked like they were trying to hang on to the Warriors' coat-tails.

I said I didn't think the Bulls would be able to keep up with the Warriors 3-point shooting. Well they didn't have to: the Warriors didn't make a single 3 in the 2nd half, think it was 0-11 or something. It was partly good defense from the Bulls (no easy looks), and partly an off-night for the Warriors.

The Bulls trailed most of the 2nd half, but Klank made an unlikely go-ahead 3 in regulation, before the Warriors got a slightly fortunate equaliser (Iguodala missed 3, think it was Draymond Green got the tip-in after pushing Noah out of the way).

The Warriors' poor shooting continued into overtime and the Bulls also had an advantage on the boards with Bogut out. The Bulls didn't do anything special offensively there, overtime score was 6-4.

Fun game. The Warriors are still scary as hell. Athletic, 3-point shooting, well-coached. The crowd is brilliant too. They'd won 19 in a row at home before last night, you think there'd be a bit of complacency, but they were stil very raucous, and on their feet with a couple of minutes to go. That place is going to be mental in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

Klank Hinbrick.

LOL, :D

You should trademark that one.

Just finished watching a few condensed games from last night.

That Bulls - Warriors game was great. Scary the things the Warriors can do at that pace, they have so many weapons. As for the Bulls, that was a great win and playing without Jimmy Butler to add to it! The East will have some shocking low seeds this year but the top 4/5 are going to be quality sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It looks like the Cavs are more comfortable going to Mozgov in the post than Love.

Will Love get a max contract from anyone this summer? He has been exposed.

It looks like the Cavs are more comfortable going to Mozgov in the post than Love.

Will Love get a max contract from anyone this summer? He has been exposed.

yes he will get a max or damn close to it. if he does decide to leave the cavs he will get a max for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

yes he will get a max or damn close to it. if he does decide to leave the cavs he will get a max for sure

My hunch is that unless the Cavs give him a max he'll leave

• Advertisement

Kyre with 55 last night (including 11 3s)

Advertisement