Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2014, 17:40   #1336
vanilla_bean

Hey everyone,
I'm currently in my 1st year with Sabis in the UAE. If anyone has any questions, send me a message or ask on thread.

Re the interview, if memory serves, mine was late March/early April in Dublin. I think I only got a week or two's notice about it as well. Don't be at all worried about the interview, it's really just a formality, apparently if you're offered an interview, you'll be offered a contract. It's a group interview, mine was with 2 other people. They asked me to give a bit of background about myself, why I wanted to work with them, how I would deal with an unruly child, what did I know about Sabis, was I prepared to live in a different country with a completely different culture and what I would do if a parent approached me about their child. Pretty much just everything that you filled in on your application form to be honest.

The job itself isn't that exciting. It can be stressful at times. The wages are low enough but you will have enough to get by plus (food shopping is a lot cheaper over here) more for nights out, travelling, shopping (UAE's main hobby) etc. You don't have to pay rent, transport to and from school, utilities etc. The only bills I pay are for my internet and phone. If you really wanted to save, you could, I just like to blow my wages in the malls Really, you're living for the weekend and the lifestyle over here and it's worth it, in my opinion anyway!

Like I said, any more questions, feel free to send me a message about it
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-03-2014, 14:08   #1337
mregan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_bean View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm currently in my 1st year with Sabis in the UAE. If anyone has any questions, send me a message or ask on thread.

Re the interview, if memory serves, mine was late March/early April in Dublin. I think I only got a week or two's notice about it as well. Don't be at all worried about the interview, it's really just a formality, apparently if you're offered an interview, you'll be offered a contract. It's a group interview, mine was with 2 other people. They asked me to give a bit of background about myself, why I wanted to work with them, how I would deal with an unruly child, what did I know about Sabis, was I prepared to live in a different country with a completely different culture and what I would do if a parent approached me about their child. Pretty much just everything that you filled in on your application form to be honest.

The job itself isn't that exciting. It can be stressful at times. The wages are low enough but you will have enough to get by plus (food shopping is a lot cheaper over here) more for nights out, travelling, shopping (UAE's main hobby) etc. You don't have to pay rent, transport to and from school, utilities etc. The only bills I pay are for my internet and phone. If you really wanted to save, you could, I just like to blow my wages in the malls Really, you're living for the weekend and the lifestyle over here and it's worth it, in my opinion anyway!

Like I said, any more questions, feel free to send me a message about it

Thanks for that .. I had a skype interview in December and they asked where would I want my interview in Dublin or limerick? Did u get asked that? Did you get an email if you were offered an interview ? Thanks
09-03-2014, 14:16   #1338
vanilla_bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mregan22 View Post
Thanks for that .. I had a skype interview in December and they asked where would I want my interview in Dublin or limerick? Did u get asked that? Did you get an email if you were offered an interview ? Thanks
Yeah, I got the option of Dublin or Limerick. I never had a skype interview though, just a phone one although I did upload a video CV with my application so maybe that's why they didn't skype me? I got emailed the invitation to an interview along with a contract. They also text me to check my emails for some important information. They ask you to bring the contract with you to the interview and you can sign it then and there or think about it for 48 hours. So you need to be pretty sure about whether or not you're going to take the job if you go to the interview.
09-03-2014, 15:13   #1339
mregan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_bean View Post
Yeah, I got the option of Dublin or Limerick. I never had a skype interview though, just a phone one although I did upload a video CV with my application so maybe that's why they didn't skype me? I got emailed the invitation to an interview along with a contract. They also text me to check my emails for some important information. They ask you to bring the contract with you to the interview and you can sign it then and there or think about it for 48 hours. So you need to be pretty sure about whether or not you're going to take the job if you go to the interview.
Ok that's grand how do you find the work is it good experience and what would you find difficult about it? Would you do another year?
09-03-2014, 16:35   #1340
star92

I got an email today confirming iv been short listed for a face to face interview
Advertisement
09-03-2014, 17:38   #1341
vanilla_bean

Quote:
Ok that's grand how do you find the work is it good experience and what would you find difficult about it? Would you do another year?
It's demanding work, you can't slack off. Message me if you want to talk about it in depth. Hoping to do another year, have yet to sign a contract though. Most people do 2 years to get the bonus.
09-03-2014, 18:43   #1342
mregan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by star92 View Post
I got an email today confirming iv been short listed for a face to face interview
That's Great congrats... Did you wait long for a reply?
09-03-2014, 19:12   #1343
Johnnythefox4

Quote:
Originally Posted by star92 View Post
Congrats! Did they give you a date and time?
09-03-2014, 19:26   #1344
star92

Quote:
That's Great congrats... Did you wait long for a reply?
Yeah I did my skype interview all the way back in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythefox4 View Post
Congrats! Did they give you a date and time?
Thanks! Nope they just said they'd let me know about the next steps soon
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-03-2014, 15:34   #1345
Johnnythefox4

Did anyone else hear anything about an interview?
10-03-2014, 19:00   #1346
PeachLoops

Not heard anything. Nervous that others have :/ I suppose we will all find out very soon!
11-03-2014, 12:08   #1347
bd_90

Havnt heard anything back either. I was asked at the end of my interview to pick either Dublin or Limerick for a face to face interview. I was then asked to send on all my documentation which I did. I know all my references have been contacted so im just waiting to hear clarification that I have the face to face interview! Nervous times, I was told the interview would be at the end of March so I'm presuming we will hear soon! Have many people got notice of a face to face interview?!
11-03-2014, 15:21   #1348
mregan22

i havnt yet i had a skype interview in december and they also asked me if i wanted to get an interview in dublin or limerick and have heard nothing yet!!!!
13-03-2014, 19:00   #1349
PeachLoops

I heard back a couple of days ago and I had my first interview in late December. I am doing my second interview over Skype as I live in Scotland. I would have been willing to travel to Ireland but it's decent that they have accommodated me this way!

Good luck everyone.
13-03-2014, 21:47   #1350
bd_90

I was e mailed to day regarding an interview in the Westbury in Dublin next Wednesday! I had asked for Limerick so there must only be one location. Did anyone else hear back?! Exciting times ahead!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion