Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So i picked up the Markus from Ikea after seeing it mentioned here a good few times.

Feels good so far,feel like in the upright position it gives me a much better posture than my last chair did.

And also having a headrest is pretty nice,its something i didnt realise i was missing on my last chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

So the 1950x has hit 650quid. I paid 400 quid 2 and a half years ago for a 6 core processer, now you can pick up a 16 core for 1.5 times the price. AMD are putting the screws to intels pricing models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

So the 1950x has hit 650quid. I paid 400 quid 2 and a half years ago for a 6 core processer, now you can pick up a 16 core for 1.5 times the price. AMD are putting the screws to intels pricing models.
    It might be worth picking up a second one of these at this price and using as a server cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Everybody has stock, allegedly the only gpu that's still selling well is Vega as its hashrate is pretty good with some algorithms.

• Advertisement

That 1080ti FTW3 that's €874 is only £710 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Might pull the trigger on this for £470 (€540 ish)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6183-KR https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GBX8X5S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_oNNnBbQQ6YZNS

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Might pull the trigger on this for £470 (€540 ish)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6183-KR https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GBX8X5S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_oNNnBbQQ6YZNS

Might as well get a 1070 Ti, tbh
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-Scanner-Graphics-08G-P4-5671-KR/dp/B0789S98QH/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1530357689&sr=1-7&keywords=evga%2Bgtx%2B1080&th=1

SC Black @ £436 or FTW Ultra Silent @ £466

I was going 1080 for 1440p 144hz, is the 1070ti much different?

Nibs05 wrote: »
    I was going 1080 for 1440p 144hz, is the 1070ti much different?

90-95% at stock, identical with a core overclock.

• Advertisement

90-95% at stock, identical with a core overclock.

Awesome, thanks !

Was going to pull the trigger on a 1080ti myself but have decided to wait for the 11 series announcement and see if prices drop or if they'll be competitively priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I think I'll wait for the 11/20 series too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Be crazy to buy a card right now. New gen right around the corner and supposedly Nvidia are seriously overstocked on the 1000 series. They ramped up production only to see mining sales plummet.

We could be seeing big discounts on those cards in the coming month as they look to clear inventory before launching the new gen. It's rumoured this inventory will even delay the release of the new gen.

So I moved the desktop upstairs yesterday.

WiFi card was installed and running alongside LAN since a few days.
    However, last night I went WiFi only, was working grand until I got a game freeze in Overwatch.
    Pressed the reset button.
    Now Windows doesn't see the WiFi network anymore - and blue screen fails after about 30 seconds, even at login screen!

https://twitter.com/Count_Kiki/status/1014325860176973829/photo/1

So I moved the desktop upstairs yesterday.

WiFi card was installed and running alongside LAN since a few days.
    However, last night I went WiFi only, was working grand until I got a game freeze in Overwatch.
    Pressed the reset button.
    Now Windows doesn't see the WiFi network anymore - and blue screen fails after about 30 seconds, even at login screen!

https://twitter.com/Count_Kiki/status/1014325860176973829/photo/1

Is your cpu cooler still attached?

Is your cpu cooler still attached?

It was working fine for 2-3hrs before the crash loop started.

Also it's a Noctua NH-U14S; I'd notice if that came loose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have the HAF 922 case 1.jpg, and I'm doing well to fill it, probably last me forever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

same case bro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

If only Coolermaster would update this case line :(

71P7wPnO66L._SL1148_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Decided to replace my sticky old Bitfenix Shinobi case. That soft-touch coating did not age well. Really liked the look of the Meshify C that was linked in the Main PC images thread, so I went with the Black version. Upgrading my tank of an air cooler to the Celcius S24 AIO. Should scratch the upgrade itch for a while. Just hoping everything fits now!

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Decided to replace my sticky old Bitfenix Shinobi case. That soft-touch coating did not age well. Really liked the look of the Meshify C that was linked in the Main PC images thread, so I went with the Black version. Upgrading my tank of an air cooler to the Celcius S24 AIO. Should scratch the upgrade itch for a while. Just hoping everything fits now!

I have an S24 in mine and fits no problem. Temps are excellent.

I have an S24 in mine and fits no problem. Temps are excellent.

Oh awesome! Wasn't sure what you had in there. I probably should have just asked :D Slightly worried about clearance at the top of the board, as the Asrock Z77 Pro3 has everything positioned quite high. Probably worried over nothing tho. Not using tall ram modules.

Did you fill the front with intake fans?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Oh awesome! Wasn't sure what you had in there. I probably should have just asked :D Slightly worried about clearance at the top of the board, as the Asrock Z77 Pro3 has everything positioned quite high. Probably worried over nothing tho. Not using tall ram modules.

Did you fill the front with intake fans?

The top mount is offset towards the side at the glass so you should have no problems with that. I have low ram too. Have two Corsair ML140's for intake.

It was working fine for 2-3hrs before the crash loop started.

Also it's a Noctua NH-U14S; I'd notice if that came loose!

Check it, your focusing on the wireless card but ignoring the fact your normally static pc just got jostled around. Pc gets moved, turns on, starts playing games, gets real warm real quick, blue screen, now only lasts 30 seconds, because its not cooling down?

Check it, your focusing on the wireless card but ignoring the fact your normally static pc just got jostled around. Pc gets moved, turns on, starts playing games, gets real warm real quick, blue screen, now only lasts 30 seconds, because its not cooling down?

It's definitely the WiFi card.

The PC didn't get jostled around - I walked it up the stairs and put it on the bed.

Booted into Safe mode, was able to save all photos/videos I needed (took about an hour).
    Reinstalled Windows (drastic, I know), no problem during install.
    In Device Manager, WiFi card still had a bad driver.
    When I tried to install driver with card IN, the system would hard lock.
    When I tried to install driver with card OUT, the driver installed no problem.

So, installed driver, put WiFi card back in - hardlock after 30-60 seconds.

Amazon have refunded the WiFi card (Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I) and I've ordered a new one (ASUS PCE-AC56 AC1300).
    ==========
    *edit*
    Tethering off my phone, everything works. Just have to reinstall EVERYTHING...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The top mount is offset towards the side at the glass so you should have no problems with that. I have low ram too. Have two Corsair ML140's for intake.

Installation went great. The Meshify C really is a nice case to build in. Water cooler seems to be working great. I also bought some thermal grizzly conductonaut. I'm no extreme overclocking enthusiast, but I am interested to see how well it'll work. Using the stock paste on the cooler at the moment so I should be able to make some cool graphs once I log temps using each :D

Lash up a few pics when you get the chance. Welcome to the Fractal club. :pac:

• Advertisement

Even though summer is probably over, I feel like finally attaching the AIO to my 980 Ti.

Is this everything I need in addition to AIO & NZXT Kraken G12?
    I feel like I'm forgetting something.

SDfa0DQ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement