Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just seen medium Cadbury selection boxes for €1.85. Max 10 per customer. In Tesco Drogheda but I'm sure it is in all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

shuffles88 wrote: »
    There were Beats by Dre in ear headphones in Tesco Maynooth for 35/6 euro down from 130 something. None left I just saw the price tag and thought it might be worth letting people know to look elsewhere if they're on any present lists for crimbo.

Did it say solo beats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

cena wrote: »
    Did it say solo beats

There must be loads of electrical stuff been reduced. I heard a rumor yesterday someone bought two reduced to clear TV's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

got a large 46 inch adjustable tilt tv bracket for 13 euro 50 cents in tesco clearwater today it was reduced from 50 euro .

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

There must be loads of electrical stuff been reduced. I heard a rumor
    yesterday someone bought two reduced to clear TV's

Anyone confirm this?
    Need a new TV for a bedroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone confirm this?
    Need a new TV for a bedroom.

Nothing in edenderry

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

cena wrote: »
    Did it say solo beats

I don't have a clue, sorry. I only caught a glance at the price tag walking past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

3 for 2 on all health and beauty products

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LingLingLove

Anyone seen mummy clips reduced to clear?? Just seen there £1 on hukd

ShaneU wrote: »

As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free. So if you pick up 3 bottles of shampoo at 5 euro each and have your toothpaste in there you'll get the toothpaste free and be paying for 3 bottles of shampoo. My advise would be; do your normal shop then go back and do your 3 for 2 shopping in a separate transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

ShaneU wrote: »

Some of these items would be part of the normal Half Prices offers that Tesco constantly change.

Instead of a customer buying one tube of toothpaste at half price, Tesco will now get you to buy 3 tubes and give you a third off!
    More money in the till

At times, their concern for the customer amazes me!

CH3OH wrote: »
    Some of these items would be part of the normal Half Prices offers that Tesco constantly change.

Instead of a customer buying one tube of toothpaste at half price, Tesco will now get you to buy 3 tubes and give you a third off!
    More money in the till

In fairness, it's not a bad offer if you consider some of the products included in it may not be on offer at all. Usually the cycle is Shampoo, Shower Gels and Mens etc.. Everything is on offer. It is to compete with the likes of Boots and Superdrug. I got 3 Alberto Balsam Hair Gel tubes 2 euro each this product is never on offer (as far as I can recall) so I bought 3 and got one free so 3 for 4 euro is not bad at all. Considering the best deal is usually the chemist doing Wella 2 for 5 euro at 200ml a tube.

got a 22 inch tv swing tilt and swivel wall bracket for 13 euro 50 cents today , it was reduced from 45 euro . same tv bracket is 24 euro in aldi stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

msg11 wrote: »
    As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free..

As you rightly pointed out, because you could have a lot of items that are in the 3 for 2, the online store seems to just discount the lowest price.

Haven't tried instore but the online price guide shows the following:
    This might be an extreme example, but hopefully will show the problem and how this might not be the deal it claims to be.

3 Elnett Hairspray Extra 400Ml @ € 8.49 each total €25.47

3 Tesco Cotton Wool Balls 100'S @ 66 cents each total €1.98

When I put the above into my basket it just knocks off the price of 2 packs of cotton wool balls
    I get:
    Total MultiBuy savings €1.32
    Guide price (6 items) €26.13

I would think that most customers would expect to get 1 hairspray free and 1 cotton wool balls! discount €9.15
    Big difference

In Boots when they do 3 for 2, they tabulate all the prices in descending price order and every third item is free.

(Might just do this later to see how it works)

Edit 20:25
    Went and did a shop in Tesco
    Picke up 3 shampoos and 3 of the cotton wool balls
    It actually did take off the price of 1 shampoo and 1 cotton wool balls

So the online shopping basket is wrong

As you rightly pointed out, because you could have a lot of items that are in the 3 for 2, the online store seems to just discount the lowest price.

Haven't tried instore but the online price guide shows the following:
    This might be an extreme example, but hopefully will show the problem and how this might not be the deal it claims to be.

3 Elnett Hairspray Extra 400Ml @ € 8.49 each total €25.47

3 Tesco Cotton Wool Balls 100'S @ 66 cents each total €1.98

When I put the above into my basket it just knocks off the price of 2 packs of cotton wool balls
    I get:
    Total MultiBuy savings €1.32
    Guide price (6 items) €26.13

I would think that most customers would expect to get 1 hairspray free and 1 cotton wool balls! discount €9.15
    Big difference

In Boots when they do 3 for 2, they tabulate all the prices in descending price order and every third item is free.

(Might just do this later to see how it works)

Your right. But as I said pain in the arse but do seperate transactions for groups of products if your planning a buy 2 get a third free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More money in the till

Completely agree, deoderants I used to get were always on special at 2.00 a go so for 3 it was 6 euro, today they are on 3 for 2 at 2.95 per item = 5.90 - pretty much the same ! No deal

so dove for men 250ml reduced from 4 euro to 99 cents a can or loreal men expert 250ml reduced from 4 euro to 1 euro 94 cents a can isnt a deal no ?
    trick is to buy in bulk when they have these deals on the smelly stuff . buy around 20 cans each time theres a deal on .
    same with the colgate plax mouthwash deals 500ml for 1 euro 50 cents . buy a load of them in 1 go .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Little Tikes Police Cruiser for €42, In all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    got a 22 inch tv swing tilt and swivel wall bracket for 13 euro 50 cents today , it was reduced from 45 euro . same tv bracket is 24 euro in aldi stores.

For anyone looking for tv wall mounts & find Tesco is out of stock,I spotted tilt ones for tv's from 22" to 42" in Euro General for €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

To the moderators. Initially merging all Tescos bargains in one thread was a good idea, but as we all know now, Tesco is watching this thread closely. This means, that if someone would post here a good bargain (or even worst - a missprice), Tesco would pick it up immediately and the deal will be over. So my proposition is - close this thread and post all new Tesco bargains in separate threads as it was before. This will not make their job impossible, but at least a bit harder. It's just a proposition. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

ecomac wrote: »
    To the moderators. Initially merging all Tescos bargains in one thread was a good idea, but as we all know now, Tesco is watching this thread closely. This means, that if someone would post here a good bargain (or even worst - a missprice), Tesco would pick it up immediately and the deal will be over. So my proposition is - close this thread and post all new Tesco bargains in separate threads as it was before. This will not make their job impossible, but at least a bit harder. It's just a proposition. What do you think?

good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I think a merged thread is better. You can subscribe to it and then know about any bargains without having to trawl through numerous other threads. I think it works fine as it is. If Tesco are watching boards they will still know if a missprice occurs as they only need to use the search facility to see what threads have been started about Tesco so having a single thread for each and every bargain won't make any difference other than to make it more awkward for boards members to know what bargains are on offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Och, you did not have to spell that out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I think it was better having seperate threads as well. I'm only interested in the wine deals, the 25% off for 6 bottles.

It's a pain having to go through all the posts each day & easy to miss what you are looking for.

tescos new way of greeting their customers at the door ?

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    For anyone looking for tv wall mounts & find Tesco is out of stock,I spotted tilt ones for tv's from 22" to 42" in Euro General for €15.

nice find , is that all euro generals or just a specific one then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

More money in the till

Completely agree, no real offers on coffee really, instead they have 3 for 2 on it, and tesco frozen salmon was €6.99 half price, it is now €12.99 buy one get one free arggghhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Missprices are one thing, but surely bargains in general are not mistakes and Tesco are happy to publicise them, just because the price looks good to us, doesn't mean they're not making a profit in some way. Most likely it's the poor supplier who is taking the hit, but....

Anyway, my preference is to keep it this way.

prince charles rekons that big chain supermarkets are taking complete and utter advantage of farmers . thats whe he said today on his 65th birthday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

prince charles rekons that big chain supermarkets are taking complete and utter advantage of farmers . thats whe he said today on his 65th birthday .

Wow, imagine what he'll say on his 66th ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can I remind posters of the title of this thread. Off-topic chat ruins the thread for people who follow it get the bargains.....

Not sure they are interested in what prince Charles has to say, even if they are its not the place for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

There were lots of reduced TV brackets in a variety of sizes in Athlone last night.

nice find , is that all euro generals or just a specific one then ?

Spotted in Wexford but I reckon they're nationwide.

I propose a Tesco sub forum !

I propose a Tesco sub forum !
    They are not worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Keep one thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Keep one thread- but make it invitation only? Keep Tesco and their representatives, the hell out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Keep one thread- but make it invitation only? Keep Tesco and their representatives, the hell out of it.

And how do you prove you're not an employee?
    People need to calm down. Things are fine as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Jimdagym wrote: »
    People need to calm down
    People need to start posting Bargains and take this conversation elsewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

As ShaneU said. Just don't get caught out, it's 3 for 2 with the cheapest one free. So if you pick up 3 bottles of shampoo at 5 euro each and have your toothpaste in there you'll get the toothpaste free and be paying for 3 bottles of shampoo. My advise would be; do your normal shop then go back and do your 3 for 2 shopping in a separate transaction.

I bought 3x3 items this morning and said it to the check-out person that I didn't want to get all the cheapest one for free. I had left all the items to the end of the trolley. She scanned the first 3, totalled the receipt, scanned the next 3, totalled, then scanned the last 3, and each time she totalled it allowed the deduction. I don't know if this was necessary but it did work.

May be helpful if someone is buying a load of stuff on debit card and doesn't want to be racking up the bank charges ;)

• Advertisement

What ? I work for Tesco and post bargains up here FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ffs, this thread has been going since 2011, there's no need to change anything about it except stay on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I was in Tesco today to pick up a refill for 3volution. The refills are usually €6.89 but saw that there was an offer on cotton fresh ones for €4.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) cotton fresh ones were out of stock.

There were others, saw a new one called 'bright new morning'. The fragrance looked nice, checked the price on the till and it scanned only for €1.72. Happy days, picked up three of them and now enjoying the new fragrance at home with a beer :D

3JhPvmj.jpg

BxCH8IH.jpg

3 For 2 on all Health & Beauty products in Tesco.

I witness that the monolith chain has festooned its web presence with garish celebratory indications of the pending mid-winter spend spend festival
    HEb2kDyl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    Searching for good deals on French wine and came across this nice Bordeaux for only 2euro.
    Who said Tesco did not give bargains.
    Pajoe

snubbleste wrote: »
    I witness that the monolith chain has festooned its web presence with garish celebratory indications of the pending mid-winter spend spend festival
    HEb2kDyl.jpg

could be worse , oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone see what this weeks Crazy Prices are?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭crayon80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lot of those Xmas "offers" are cheaper elsewhere like Dunnes or Superquinn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement