Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,400 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'd rather Fitzpatrick than Smith. If we can play good defense and run the rock Fitzpatrick has the ability to perform some game management and not lose you a game. Smith is a total whiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

the Jets are to sign guard James Carpenter. dont know much about him, but he is a former first round pick!

49ers release Stevie Johnson. Could be a smart move for the Jets to make a play for him, he has done pretty well under Chan Gailey in the past

REVIS is coming home :D:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Loads of cap room so why not. Couldn't see John Idzik getting that done so we have an upgrade at GM already. Revis sure does get his money. #money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Great news :D some big moves and rumours that we're still talking to cromartie too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

phatkev wrote: »
    REVIS is coming home :D:D.

Revis is definitely the best business man in the NFL!

He definitely maximises his earnings potential.

franglan wrote: »
    Loads of cap room so why not. Couldn't see John Idzik getting that done so we have an upgrade at GM already. Revis sure does get his money. #money

Lets not forget the good Idzik done, if it wasn't for him there wouldn't have had the cap space to make this move and Sheldon Richardson may have been applying his trade somewhere else! Next thing on the agenda for Maccangan will hopefully be giving Mo a long term deal

Agreed Kev, Idzik did half his job very well!

• Advertisement

the James Carpenter deal has been completed, its a 4 year deal I think. I dont mind the Fitzpatrick trade he knows Chan Gaileys system inside out, gives Geno a solid mentor too

https://twitter.com/MikeNash15/status/575817737445969921
    haha not a hope in hell that Marshall wins this, Hakim is one fast cat!

Phillip Adams needs to hold out on #24, get himself some of Revis guaranteed money:pac:

Well let's hope Revis recovers some of what he lost in terms of on field effectiveness.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well let's hope Revis recovers some of what he lost in terms of on field effectiveness.

I dont know how much Revis "lost", he's not the player he was in 2009 but he is still one of the best corners in the game. He was an essential part of the the pats defense last year, he gave up one reception for 30 yards in there playoff run

Cro is back now too, this is the first Maccagnan move that Im not happy about. he had a good start to the season last year put he really tailed off for the last 6 games. and if he's going to be cb2, Maccagnan has given Skrine 13 million guaranteed to be a dime back.

Where does the Cro move put Miliner? Not sure what he is yet, he was a first rounder though. Not particularly happy with the Cro move either.

• Advertisement

Where does the Cro move put Miliner? Not sure what he is yet, he was a first rounder though. Not particularly happy with the Cro move either.

Milliner is rehabbing a torn achilles, so i doubt he'll be ready for camp. Bowles system made used alot of CBs last year, so i assume there will be a role for him once he's healthy

there's a big Jets contingent at the Oregon pro day, including Mike Maccagnan and Chan Gailey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Surely keeping Dee Milliner off the field can only be good news, he looks awful and like t rich at the Colts sometimes it's better to cut your losses regardless of
    round taken. Not saying cut the guy outright but the less playing time the better?

Jets D with the three big men up front and Cro paired with Revis again looks great to me. I think the team is really going places now. They got great value in the Marshall trade. I wonder if Ryan Fitzpatrick will be seen after the first few games. I still maintain Geno is the worst QB in the league, I've seen him play in the flesh a couple of times and I think he'll never make a decent QB. That "run and hide" game V Miami last December... When the public address are told not to call out a players name to the fans you know it's not good! The AFC East is going to be great to watch next season. Jets making moves, Patriots can only miss Revis I think he'll be a big loss, Rex at the Bills, Suh...who knows, maybe he can reinvigorate Miami, it would be good to see some seats actually taken at their games. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Surely keeping Dee Milliner off the field can only be good news, he looks awful and like t rich at the Colts sometimes it's better to cut your losses regardless of
    round taken. Not saying cut the guy outright but the less playing time the better?

Not sure if anyone else finds this to be the case, but in my opinion corner seems to be the hardest position to adapt to from college to the pros. Milliner has been terrible so far aside from a strong end to December 2013 and his 2014 was a bit of a write off, but I'd always personally cut corners a bit of slack for a couple of seasons (perhaps it's more than I should) and then by season 3 I'd expect them to step up if they are going to at all.

Milliner showed a major improvement in the final 4 games his rookie season, and he was showing signs of that form early last season too until he got injured.Like Paully said corners rarely show their true form in their rookie season, it didnt help that he missed all of his rookie camp as well.
    Milliners problem its that he's not good enough, its that he cant stay healthy!

• Advertisement

Milliner showed a major improvement in the final 4 games his rookie season, and he was showing signs of that form early last season too until he got injured.Like Paully said corners rarely show their true form in their rookie season, it didnt help that he missed all of his rookie camp as well.
    Milliners problem its that he's not good enough, its that he cant stay healthy!

Fair enough he played better at the end, but you cannot attach the same weight to those games. Titans were already dead week 15. The dolphins game was the final game of the season where even Geno looked like Aaron Rodgers. It's just not as competitive an environment and I don't think you can attach much significance to it.Vikings put up thirty plus points towards the end of the season I think? Yes, it's a positive but even considering it's still early days in his career personally I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Only my own take of course. Surely you wouldn't say Cro and Revis teaming up.

Fair enough he played better at the end, but you cannot attach the same weight to those games. Titans were already dead week 15. The dolphins game was the final game of the season where even Geno looked like Aaron Rodgers.

Milliner didn't play in any of these games he was on the injured reserve:confused:. it was the of the '13 season that he started to play better. anyway regardless of his competition the improvements I saw in Milliner was the fact that he was finally putting his technique to use, the fist 10/11 weeks he was trying to cover guys using solely his athleticism. Seeing him use his technique without thinking about it too much and not relying solo athleticism was when he started to show improvement!

just realized Willie"penalty machine"Colon has resigned too, hopefully he'll be serving as a backup

Another big day in f.a yesterday, happy with both signings and even colon re-signing on the vet minimum is fine. Bringing cro back is a good move imo, we've got one of the best cb groups around now and time to let our others sit and fully recover and learn from the best.

Hoping for a big season from Pryor this year, a lot more talent around him now.

Sorry phatkev I forgot when he got injured.

Hoping for a big season from Pryor this year, a lot more talent around him now.

the only way we'll see improvement from Pryor is if he's moved to strong safety. Hopefully they'll sign a decent free safety that'll allow Pryor to move back to his natural position.

http://www.metro.us/sports/famed-jets-fan-fireman-ed-talks-potential-comeback/zsJoco---tGPQ8q67kYhL/

the same crowd that set up firejohnidzik.com are trying to persuade fireman Ed to come back. With the recent signings of Revis, Cro and maybe Fireman Ed, come september I wont know if its 2010 or 2015:pac:

It's all a bit mad this. Get rid of Ryan but bring back the last D that made a run to the AFC Champ game!! :pac:

ahahahaha gowan Woody! Really spicing up the rivalry
    Jets file tampering charges against Patriots over Revis remarks
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/24/jets-file-tampering-charges-against-patriots-over-revis-remarks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Its like the Jets are a 5 year old gasping a straws in a fight with their bigger brother, except with billion dollar organizations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Hazys wrote: »
    Its like the Jets are a 5 year old gasping a straws in a fight with their bigger brother, except with billion dollar organizations.

It’s almost hard to believe they even did it. Mr. Kraft basically said nothing. He said that the fan in him would have loved if Revis stayed and that's all. he said they made Revis an offer, he rejected it and he went with the highest bidder. Revis has just signed a long term contract, is totally tied up and you couldn’t tamper even if you wanted too. Mr. Kraft the owner not the fan, would never break the bank or break team policy for a player and he never has.

Unlike Johnson, he never said he wanted Revis back. Now this contrast sharpy with what Woody Johnson said and subsequently did. Last December Johnson knowing full well that Revis would be a free agent, said he wanted Revis. It was clear intent directed at a player that he wanted and a player he knew he could target in a few months time.

The American sports media are loving this and having a right laugh at the Jets expense and it serves then right imo. You have to wonder what lever of stupidity the decision came from. Many in the NFL generally mock the Jets for being ‘The Jest’ and for being a joke of an outfit at times. This laughable tampering charge just plays right into their hands imo.

yes what Woody said is against the letter of the law, but its not like he met up for contract talks or called a press conference to express that he wanted Revis back.

I don't believe for a second Revis was wondering where to go and looked back at that and though "oh then I'll go to the Jets".
    Let's be realistic, the highest bidder was gonna get Revis. Maybe if it was really close, he would've gone for a competitor instead of getting an extra couple hundred thousand, but still. He's been all about money since he got in the league.

Also if any other owner had said they would love to have Revis on their team I dont think Bob would have batted an eyelid.

Also if any other owner had said they would love to have Revis on their team I dont think Bob would have batted an eyelid.

Ah now come on. He made a blatant tampering comment, that most NFL team owners have the cop on not to make. And if you think Kraft would have ignored tampering coming from anywhere else, then that's ridiculous imo.

Putin wrote: »
    Ah now come on. He made a blatant tampering comment, that most NFL team owners have the cop on not to make. And if you think Kraft would have ignored tampering coming from anywhere else, then that's ridiculous imo.

ah it was hardly the most severe of tampering comments, he'll get his slap on the wrist for it and be done with it. I'm sure he only put in the counter-claim to stir up some trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I don't get the counter claim.
    If the Jets think that Kraft's comments amount to tampering, then they are pretty much admitting that their own comments were tampering.
    Shooting themselves in the foot really.

I don't get the counter claim.
    If the Jets think that Kraft's comments amount to tampering, then they are pretty much admitting that their own comments were tampering.
    Shooting themselves in the foot really.

Woody didn't file these charges because he's upset about Kraft "tampering" or feels like he did, but instead, he filed them because it proves that his original remarks being taken as tampering are complete bull****.

essentially he's trying to offset the Pats tampering charges so that no harsh punishment happens, by highlighting how vague the language of the rule is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Both tampering chargers are very petty, albeit the Jets against NE a bit more ridiculous.
    It's embarrasing for both teams, no way around it.

Woody didn't file these charges because he's upset about Kraft "tampering" or feels like he did, but instead, he filed them because it proves that his original remarks being taken as tampering are complete bull****.

Meanwhile he just made an fool of himself and the franchise while doing so. There is no comparison between what Johnson and Kraft said. Johnson made a comment, that clearly stated he wanted a player who was under contract with another team = tampering. Kraft made a comment that said he would have loved to have kept him, but the offer wasn't good enough = not tampering. There's a pretty clear and unambiguous difference between what both said. Personally I think the whole thing is a nonsense. Tampering goes on all the time, but it's just under the radar and usually a team owner has the cop on not to walk himself into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Its amazing how defensive Pats fans get when they are accused of something. You would think they should be used to it by now! Woody just doing the NY pres a favour by giving them something to write about now that free agency has calmed down.
    On a more important note have any Jets fans here come around to my way of thinking that we cant pass on Mariota if he is available at 6. I was pretty much on my own when I brought it up last and I am wondering if anyone has changer their minds due to the moves made in free agency.

On a more important note have any Jets fans here come around to my way of thinking that we cant pass on Mariota if he is available at 6.

nooooooooooooo

I reckon Maccagnan is a best player available guy over position.

If Amari Cooper is there at 6 we have to pick him. If he's not then it should be Kevin White.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I reckon Maccagnan is a best player available guy over position.

I really hope he goes in this direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Its amazing how defensive Pats fans get when they are accused of something.
    And that doesn't apply to Jets fans at all :p

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php
    I did two drafts on this one with Mariota as first pick and one without. Let me know what you think and /or try your own

6: R1P6 QB MARCUS MARIOTA OREGON
    37: R2P5 OT ANDRUS PEAT STANFORD
    70: R3P6 RB JAY AJAYI BOISE STATE
    104: R4P5 WR TYLER LOCKETT KANSAS STATE
    223: R7P6 DT CHUCKY HUNTER TCU
    224: R7P7 G MARK GLOWINSKI WVU

2nd draft also using fanspeak big board

6: R1P6 OT LA'EL COLLINS LSU
    37: R2P5 ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY MISSISSIPPI STATE
    104: R4P5 OLB KWON ALEXANDER LSU
    223: R7P6 QB SEAN MANNION OREGON STATE

• Advertisement

6: R1P6 QB MARCUS MARIOTA OREGON
    37: R2P5 OT ANDRUS PEAT STANFORD
    104: R4P5 WR TYLER LOCKETT KANSAS STATE
    223: R7P6 DT CHUCKY HUNTER TCU
    I think you know my feelings on Mariota at 6:P . Peat would be a great pick up in round two, Ajayi is another pick I'd be ok with. I dont really know any of the other tbh
    6: R1P6 OT LA'EL COLLINS LSU
    37: R2P5 ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY MISSISSIPPI STATE
    104: R4P5 OLB KWON ALEXANDER LSU
    223: R7P6 QB SEAN MANNION OREGON STATE

Collins is a serious reach at 6, the only way i see the jets taken him is if they trade out of 6. Benardrick Mckinney is a decent pick too, could become Harris's eventual replacement. I think Alexander as OLB is suited more to a 4-3 system. I really like Mannion as a late round pick

Here's one I threw together
    Screen%20shot%202015-03-23%20at%2014.21.15.png

In reality I dont think Gurely or Tomlinson will fall as far as they did

Like that draft. I dont think that any of the pass rushers left at 6 are cant miss prospects. I think my biggest nightmare would be taking Ray or Gregory. I also think that the WR position is deep with players like Tyler Lockett and Jameson Crowdher available in rounds 3 or 4 and these would also help our terrible return game. I really think if we are building for the future we need to address the O line asap. For this reason I dont want to take a WR at 6 as I fear we will end up with a lot talent/money running around and a QB unable to hit them.

The only pass rusher I would take, if he fell to us would be Dante Fowler.

I'd be delighted with Mariota, Cooper or Fowler.. & happy with White or Beasley.
    Agree with the above, Ray or Gregory won't be getting me excited.

the Jets had another busy day in FA. Leger Douzable was resigned, Im really surprised no one else picked him(especially Rex)up quality player. It seems Steven Ridley has been signed too, not mad about it as he's a bit to similar to Ivory and there is plenty of good RB options in the draft but I do love Maccagnan's approach, just filling holes in FA then drafting BPA across the board

Yeah he's definitely getting as many holes filled as possible anyway, I assume there'll be a lot of cuts to make? Seems like we've signed a lot of players who'll be competing for the later squad places?

• Advertisement
Advertisement