Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Where's everyone watching the Ireland v England game on Sunday? Redhorse or hotel Austria?

(must start packing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Pop into Sinead in the Austria when you arrive and ask her what's the plan ;)

Paddy's day weather will be nice and mild, I posted last years pics a little earlier in the thread, the jackets were off then too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Looking at flights out of Cork to Munich and the 1st to 8th of April are really cheap.

It's probably been asked a million times on here but is it worth risking it that late in the season somewhere like Soll?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Laurali

I think the season usually ends around 12th April, so I'd say you're really chancing your arm.

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Looking at flights out of Cork to Munich and the 1st to 8th of April are really cheap.

It's probably been asked a million times on here but is it worth risking it that late in the season somewhere like Soll?

Obivously no guarantees, but if you're not looking to ski on nursery slopes or off-piste I'd say you'll be fine! There was plenty of snow well into late April last year, these we're April 21st 2014:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Thanks for the replies.

Will have kids with me who are first time skiers and will need nursery slopes so it might not be the best time for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Thanks for the replies.

Will have kids with me who are first time skiers and will need nursery slopes so it might not be the best time for them.

Kitz will have snow and they have a high area for nursery if needed. You might not be able to ski back to town but the price will compensate. Its also low season so you will get great discounts and its only down the road from Soll

Thanks for the replies.

The kids nursery slopes (Kinderland) is at the middle-station, so that's actually not a problem. Just the adult nursery slopes are at village level :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Don't know who the 2 guys were but they were enjoying our tunes!:pac:

• Advertisement

PCwiggum wrote: »

Don't know who the 2 guys were but they were enjoying our tunes!:pac:

Ooh PCWiggum it says video is private??! Lemme in! ;-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Ooh PCWiggum it says video is private??! Lemme in! ;-)

Sorry Fanny! is it up now??

Haha!! Yes it is, brilliant! I don't recognise them either, d'ya reckon they're Irish or Fordin?!

Haha!! Yes it is, brilliant! I don't recognise them either, d'ya reckon they're Irish or Fordin?!

Oh I'd say they're fordiners - it was a big hit worldwide ya know! lol....
    Aaah missing the craic there already :(

If you liked that you'd LOVE Paddy's day. Honest to God its just such a laugh :-)

I can imagine! But not make it this year :( We've already put the wheels in motion for a week next year from the local though! Enjoy the rest of the season and thanks again for the thread!!

• Advertisement

Today :-)

They clearly weren't taken on Thursday. Total white out. There were times I thought I had stopped but was still moving. Couldn't see a thing!

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    They clearly weren't taken on Thursday. Total white out. There were times I thought I had stopped but was still moving. Couldn't see a thing!

Jaysis I got all confused there, had to go back & check- they were taken & posted on March 6th which was Friday- not Thursday. Thought I was losing my mind there for a sec ;-)

Jaysis I got all confused there, had to go back & check- they were taken & posted on March 6th which was Friday- not Thursday. Thought I was losing my mind there for a sec ;-)

My fault for the ambiguity. I meant that Thursday was so bad that it was obvious the photos hadn't been taken then. Friday was an excellent day.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Ah fanny, quit with the photoshopping will ye!!!??
    Looks great!
    On the countdown ourselves, off on thursday! The temperatures have risen significantly and there is some melting but there might be a low pressure move on friday night bringing low temps and fresh snow! Wonderful..

• Advertisement

sallymomo wrote: »
    Ah fanny, quit with the photoshopping will ye!!!??
    Looks great!
    On the countdown ourselves, off on thursday! The temperatures have risen significantly and there is some melting but there might be a low pressure move on friday night bringing low temps and fresh snow! Wonderful..

Heading on Saturday. Praying it cool down a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Laurali
    Had a look at yr there which is usually a good predictor and it shows the change friday night/sat morn for us
    http://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Piedmont/Limone_Piemonte/long.html

Soll seems to get it Wed/thurs
    http://www.yr.no/place/Austria/Tyrol/S%C3%B6ll/long.html

Honest to God I think I have Boards.ie PTSD!!

5h4mr0(k when I saw our post I had flashbacks to the old days on here (not so long ago!) when every. single. thing. I posted was questioned and analysed- I have no idea why I go to such lengths to clarify, haha!!

Aanyhoo, yes all is well, you will all have a fabulous time although I still can't believe I won't be there for Paddy's- first time in donkeys! But such is life. I'll have to live vicariously for this one :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Honest to God I think I have Boards.ie PTSD!!

5h4mr0(k when I saw our post I had flashbacks to the old days on here (not so long ago!) when every. single. thing. I posted was questioned and analysed- I have no idea why I go to such lengths to clarify, haha!!

Aanyhoo, yes all is well, you will all have a fabulous time although I still can't believe I won't be there for Paddy's- first time in donkeys! But such is life. I'll have to live vicariously for this one :-)

That's funny. Weather looks like it might suck on Wednesday. Thinking of dropping into Soll one last time before I head home.

That's funny. Weather looks like it might suck on Wednesday. Thinking of dropping into Soll one last time before I head home.

Go on sure- open another bar tab while you're at it ;-)

Go on sure- open another bar tab while you're at it ;-)

The weather is not good today here in Söll. ;) Going up anyway.

Attaboy Alternate!! ;-)

in what way? visibility?

Laurali wrote: »
    in what way? visibility?

Rain and light snow in most of Austria yesterday morning. Around 2pm the sun came out and it was a lot of fun. Hardly anyone around.

We're leaving Ireland on Saturday for Soll for the week. Pray for us and that there will still be snow!

• Advertisement

We're leaving Ireland on Saturday for Soll for the week. Pray for us and that there will still be snow!

Laurali relax the cacks, you'll be grand!! :-)

works been so crap this week, I just cant wait to finish up and hit the slopes! better get myself an Irish flag!

We have had the best week. Last night tonight. Thanks for getting us here fanny! :) even bought new boots in Martins place.

We have had the best week. Last night tonight. Thanks for getting us here fanny! :) even bought new boots in Martins place.

Ah brilliant, great to hear!!! Haha see- all that worrying was in vain ;-) xx

End of season party time is in full swing. **SNIFF!!**

Aww, check it out!! Bye bye season 2014/15..!

http://youtu.be/-cuZ-ROoqFI

Today, March 31st :)

I see it's snowing loads. Nothing worse than getting snow reports when you're back at work. :(:)

#sorrynotsorry!! ;)

• Advertisement

What a way to end the season :)

grrr wish I was there.

Still snowing!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Wow great pics!!

Lifts closing today. Bye bye season 2014/15!! You were awesome :-)

http://youtu.be/-cuZ-ROoqFI

Roll on December!! xxx

Aww, bye bye train tracks!!! It'll be a new Ellmau experience next season :-)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10203564385264819&id=1670694212&_rdr

• Advertisement

What's going in it's place? Nice little run down to Ellmau.

What's going in it's place? Nice little run down to Ellmau.

A 10 seater extra-large gondola- it's a serious operation!! Here's a link to all the info:

http://www.skiwelt.at/en/23-mio-960-tonnes-of-steel-for-the-new-hartkaiserbahn-at-skiwelt-ellmau.html

Sunrise over the Wilder Kaiser. Love :-)

https://vimeo.com/128317410

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Hi Fanny

Myself and the wife thinking of doing Jan - March in Soll next year. any ideas on where I should start looking for accomadation.
    Not looking for anything fancy just something livable for a few months.

Thanks

istaunton wrote: »
    Hi Fanny

Myself and the wife thinking of doing Jan - March in Soll next year. any ideas on where I should start looking for accomadation.
    Not looking for anything fancy just something livable for a few months.

Thanks

Ooh the million dollar question! Will you be working? If yes, ask your employer. If not I'd get on to the tourist board & ask if they've any recommendations. If I hear of anything I'll let you know, but it's such a small village you'd prob be as well off striking a deal with someone renting holiday apartments outside the village...

• Advertisement
Advertisement