Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Bullseye1 wrote: »

God damn it, I fucking hate Jamie Foxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Nice one, cant wait to see how theyll make the character look

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everyone knows the only way for Spiderman to defeat Electro would be to summon the amazing power of Leopardon (disgracefully absent from Spiderman fiction since the late 1970s).

Do it Webb. You know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dear God, why have I never heard of this before?!!?!?

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »

How have you not??? It's amazing

SPIDER-NET

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Galvasean wrote: »

They're all here: http://marvel.com/news/story/7114/watch_the_japanese_spiderman_tv_series_on_marvelcom

It's impressive how every single episode I've seen climaxes with the giant robot showing up. Every episode is basically the same, but it's insane enough for that not to be a significant concern.

Still, goes to show how Western Spider-man most definitely lacks sufficient Leopardan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There was a comic book crossover a few years ago whwre the New Avengers (inc. Spidey) met the Transformers. Perfect Leopardan opportunity wasted.

2684505-megatron_vs_spider_man_new_avengers_transformers_4.jpg

Toei Spider-man isn't considered canon for some reason.

Can't imagine why.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thwip! wrote: »
    Dane DeHaan has been confirmed for Harry Osborn by Marc Webb
    dan-dehaan.jpg
    440px-HarryOsborn-2008.jpg

He was great in Lawless

He looks a bit like Leonardo Di Caprio mixed with Nick Stahl :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He was great in Lawless

He looks a bit like Leonardo Di Caprio mixed with Nick Stahl :p

Now that you mention it
    tumblr_m5s7wyCRZY1qeerp1o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm still struggling to get my head around Foxx playing Electro. Just can't see it
    I'm intriuged by Electro, but not with Foxx. Electro is supposed to have an inferiority complex and be emotionally unstable I just can't see Foxx fitting into that kind of role.
    just seems a bit odd.
    krudler wrote: »
    Foxx? he's meant to be a nightmare to work with so it'll probably turn into the villain show guest starring Spider-Man ala the Burton Batman movies.
    Foxx could be good, really depends on how Electro is written. .
    God damn it, I fucking hate Jamie Foxx.

All of you need to go watch "The Soloist". Downey Jr and Foxx star in it and you wouldnt doubt Foxx's acting ability had you seen it. He's terrific in it. If it proves anything at all, it's that he can definitely do unstable :p

His problem isn't that he's a bad actor, it's that he has the Gene Hackman gene. He doesn't know how to stay away from the garbage movies which is why his reputation gets hurt. I think he could do well as electro. Ofcourse, it's a super hero movie so it's hard to do well but if the script is up to par, he'll knock it out of the park. Don't you worry.

Personally, I enjoyed the amazing spiderman to a degree but I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I expected better.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kirby wrote: »
    All of you need to go watch "The Soloist". Downey Jr and Foxx star in it and you wouldnt doubt Foxx's acting ability had you seen it. He's terrific in it. If it proves anything at all, it's that he can definitely do unstable :p

His problem isn't that he's a bad actor, it's that he has the Gene Hackman gene. He doesn't know how to stay away from the garbage movies which is why his reputation gets hurt. I think he could do well as electro. Ofcourse, it's a super hero movie so it's hard to do well but if the script is up to par, he'll knock it out of the park. Don't you worry.

Personally, I enjoyed the amazing spiderman to a degree but I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I expected better.

I think they're more worried about him throwing a hissy fit until Electro ends up getting more screen time than any other character including Spider-Man rather than his acting ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I know that there were many differing opinions on the first - I personally enjoyed it, felt that it gave a far closer adaptation than the original Raimi movies.

But, the casting additions have been seriously impressive.

Returning are Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Sally Field - to be joined be Shailene Woodley (The Descendants - amazing performance), Jamie Foxx (more than capable of delivering a great performance), and Dane DeHann (Who I enjoyed in Chronicle)

So with Mary Jane joining, Electro as the villain - I am somewhat excited about this, primarily because of the actors/actresses who are joining.

Indeed not out until next summer, but this thread could surely be updated with news in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah with Mary Jane being added i wonder how long Gwen Stacy is gonna be in part 2,

and with DeHann playing Harry Osborn, that means his father Norman will be around, which means well probably see Green Goblin also,

i liked part 1, but i did think it was to soon for a reboot and the story felt kind of used up, and with GG probably gonna be in part 2 i feel it might happen again, Foxx is supposedly playing Electro, which mightn't be to bad,

i remain skeptically curious,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Haven't gotten around to seeing the first one yet but the choice of a second rate villain, and the promotion of it left me feeling meh. I reckon this one will be the same (and it kills me to say that), the casting of Foxx just seems strange, add in Osborn and the Goblins and it has been done far too recently. They also seem to be taking bits from the Ultimate comics so I would expect this movie to be Gwen and MJ fighting it out over Peter, and maybe something to happen to one of them in the 3rd part.

*Whistles nonchalantly

But yeah, i'm majorly excited for the sequel :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Threads merged.

Oops. Didn't think there was a thread already for some reason. Then again seeing that Woodley was involved got me quite excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Paul Giamatti in talks to play Rhino.

I love Paul Giamatti.

• Advertisement

It's a very weird move if it is true and i'll love to see how they'll pull this off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It will be interesting to see how they work Rhino. But he might have been a better choice for JJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They're adamant not to repeat the villains from the last three aren't they?

Marc Webb tweeted this last night, it seems filming has begun :)

asm2.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Synopsis
    Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Another new image. Just what is this?

amazing-spider-man-2-set-photo-oscorp.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Churning it out quick enough, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Paul Giamatti in talks to play Rhino.

I love Paul Giamatti.

Thats...odd. Isn't Rhino meant to be huge? I do love Giamatti though, he would have made a perfect Penguin if they went down that route in the Batman movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

krudler wrote: »
    Thats...odd. Isn't Rhino meant to be huge? I do love Giamatti though, he would have made a perfect Penguin if they went down that route in the Batman movies.

Yeah he is massive. CG and all that might fix it?

• Advertisement

Another new picture. Somewhat suggestive of USM

BCdhlz4CcAAwnAM.jpg:large

Advertisement