Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The LG G4 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

F34 wrote: »
    One word of warning LG do not have a European wide warranty it is country specific so they may not deal with any issues you have with the phone. The big issue with posing phones back for repair is the battery a lot of couriers and An Post won't ship them out of Ireland.
    Ya I'm starting to lean back towards the S6, I also need a decent phone lock and the fingerprint one keeps me feeling safe if I leave the
    phone down and 'er indoor fancied a look ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ya I'm starting to lean back towards the S6, I also need a decent phone lock and the fingerprint one keeps me feeling safe if I leave the
    phone down and 'er indoor fancied a look ;)

There are other ways to secure your device...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Rip-off Ireland is alive and well... Just noticed Expansys.ie with a listing for the 32gb LG G4 with plastic back.

And it is yours for only €844.99!
    The brown leather will cost you €889.99.

There is also a listing on PhonesOnline for a much more reasonable €729.00. That's probably about correct if purchasing the phone in the UK, given the cost of converting into Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Redundo wrote: »
    Rip-off Ireland is alive and well... Just noticed Expansys.ie with a listing for the 32gb LG G4 with plastic back.

And it is yours for only €844.99!
    The brown leather will cost you €889.99.

There is also a listing on PhonesOnline for a much more reasonable €729.00. That's probably about correct if purchasing the phone in the UK, given the cost of converting into Euro.

I'll be near a Media Markt somewhere on the continent in the next couple of months, expansys can eff off with themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Clove are around €740 for it with the leather back expansys seem to be in lala land. They also have the first lot in stock on the 28th.

http://www.clove.co.uk/lg-g4

Well that decided it for me.

My trustworthy Sammy S3 has crapped out on me utterly. The speaker is gone nuts with deafening crackling. Since i would have about 5 hours of call-time a week it is not something i can live with long enough to wait for the G4.

So one CarphoneWarehouse and a HTC One M9 later means i'm phoned out for the time being. Have to say i am thoroughly regretful of giving up on the camera in the G4. Maybe if i could pick up a G4 for a good price by the end of the year i may jump ship.

Happy snapping when your G4's arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭N64

I'd see if I could get a refund on the HTC One M9, especially if the camera is of any importance to you - With some standardised testing, the M9's camera is actually meant to be worse than the galaxy S3's :o HTC got a really bad rep now for the M9 and rightfully so, they didn't improve on anything from last years M8.

Back on topic, this is perhaps the best review of the LG G4

• Advertisement

I can absolutely confirm the M9 camera is way sub-par. I'm pinning my hopes on the raw mode update, allowing me fix HTC's worst sins. Again this is functionality that the LG has out of the box.

I think the G4 has the potential to spark an arms race in the phone camera specs. Both Samsung and Sony have pro-sumer level 'real' cameras must be hurting with LG beating them at one of their supposed strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

available on amazon.co.uk for 599 pounds on 30th may. 642 euros on amazon.de

u could order from .de and setup a account with www.shipit.com to bring it to ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

amazon.fr ships straight to Ireland without issues, I think the total was at 670 or so including shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I want the G4 but just don't think I can justify spending that kind of money for it :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If only they increased the battery size since the g2 then It would have been an automatic purchase from me. Will wait now and see what else comes out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If only they increased the battery size since the g2 then It would have been an automatic purchase from me. Will wait now and see what else comes out.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5543&idPhone2=6901

Yeah the G4's battery isn't nearly as good as the G2, or even G3. But you can bring a spare battery... and it has quick charge.

I kinda wish they kept the smaller bezels but maybe it's a handling issue. I've never used a phone with such small bezels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mathiasb wrote: »
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5543&idPhone2=6901

Yeah the G4's battery isn't nearly as good as the G2, or even G3. But you can bring a spare battery... and it has quick charge.

Even with quick charge and a swappable battery, the battery life is pretty disappointing. I'm having second thoughts, I have to say.

• Advertisement

so is amazon.fr the cheapest place to get the device? €700 for the leather version.

N64 wrote: »
    so is amazon.fr the cheapest place to get the device? €700 for the leather version.

I'd say so, eBay is 100 dearer for the leather version.

I could have mine by tuesday if I ordered now... My finger is hovering over the button...

Swiss website https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-g4-32gb-brown-mobiltelefon-4671690

I live here now and it's a great site, but I'm not sure they ship outside of switzerland.

Registered and tried to buy the phone from that site. No dice. They only ship to Switzerland :( 629 Swiss franc works out to be €613, so it's a really, really good price for the leather version (which is being sold in most places for €700)

• Advertisement

Guys, search Google for LG G4 Ireland, it catches all the websites selling here. I recently noticed that Dabs.ie have the plastic back for e710. Best irish website price I've seen and comparable to Amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are they actual Irish stores or just Irish shop fronts for a European store, a bit like Expansys does?

Mine came to €704 with a pack of 3 screen protectors and delivery (to PM). I expect €730 or so will actually go out of the bank once they get their rate.

Are you getting a replacement battery?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LouiseD1719

I got mine on amazon.it for 604 including shipping, that's for the red leather back version. Should be here by Wednesday!

• Advertisement

When you search for the G4 the only one that comes up is one that doesn't ship to Ireland but when you go into it and go into 'Compare Offers' on the right hand side, there's more sellers that do. I can't post the links because I'm a new user but the one sold by Amazon ships to Ireland with 2 day shipping but they only have the Titanium one left in stock and the one sold by Web Team SRL also ship to Ireland.

is €600 not way too low for the price of the leather version? are you sure it's not some sort of listing mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

€569 from these guys on Amazon.it, plus €20.57 delivery: http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00X5HT2OA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A17VFBKHLZRU2U

Seriously tempted at that price.

• Advertisement

Mine was delivered today.. have to wait until I'm home from work to get it but I'll post when I test the phone and make sure it's all good. Fingers crossed!

Update: The phone is up and running on the Three network, works perfectly :D It also comes with a plastic back cover in addition to the leather which I thought was a nice touch. The camera is as amazing as all the review say!

Which version did you try to purchase?

Update: The phone is up and running on the Three network, works perfectly :D It also comes with a plastic back cover in addition to the leather which I thought was a nice touch. The camera is as amazing as all the review say!

How do you imagine the phone will look and feel with a protective cover? I'm hovering over the 'Buy' button on the leather backed one, but I would need to do some degree of kid-proofing with it to prevent it going the way of my last phone :rolleyes:

My G4 is arriving this evening hopefully. If I don't like it enough to replace my Z1 and the cost, I'll offer it to someone here for what I paid or a little under (bit less than 600 euro). I'll be back in Ireland in mid-July if ye can wait.

ps: it's the brown leather version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Sounds good. I was afraid that the 'Italian' in the description was going to mean it was Italian network locked so good to know it will work here.

That said, they're messing me about too with dispatch. It's now changed from expected dispatch 1st to 3rd June and it's gone all the way to 4th to 11th of June. I wish they wouldn't say they have stock when they don't. I'm going to have to cancel again (3rd time now) and try see can I drive North and buy one unlocked from Carphone Warehouse.

Was thinking of driving up North myself for the device, however at £520 (€700+) I think ill be sticking to the Italian or French Amazon. I'd take a 2week wait over the extra cost of €100-€150 plus petrol and what not.

Its a pitty Irish carriers only stock Samsung, HTC and Sony (the 3worth mentioning). Us Irish must have the worst selection of Android devices. :(

How do you imagine the phone will look and feel with a protective cover? I'm hovering over the 'Buy' button on the leather backed one, but I would need to do some degree of kid-proofing with it to prevent it going the way of my last phone :rolleyes:

I ordered a clear Spigen cover last night because I do think the leather will get scuffed and scratched fairly easily, it's going to take away from the feel of the phone but I think it'll still look good! Plus it comes with the plastic back as well so you have something to replace the leather with if it gets damaged.

I ordered a clear Spigen cover last night because I do think the leather will get scuffed and scratched fairly easily, it's going to take away from the feel of the phone but I think it'll still look good! Plus it comes with the plastic back as well so you have something to replace the leather with if it gets damaged.

Thanks - great to have the feedback from an actual owner rather than a reviewer. The back doesn't worry me so much, as it's replaceable - it's the screen that needs to be protected moreso, as my last one was shattered by little hands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement