Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

You tried factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The battery life is not horrendous by any means. Not as good as the G2 for sure but it still performs better than the GS6. You must have gotten a defective device if factory reset didn't solve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

On a full charge (unplug to 5% remaining) I got no better than 2.5hrs screen-on and 12 hours total with normal use. And that's with brightness set at 19%.

My G2 could do 3.5 hours SOT with 18 total at 35% brightness, and my Z3 can do 5 hours SOT with 16 total at auto brightness.

Horrendous.

Sounds like you got a dud

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Maybe some day the defect will become known and I could replace a board or something. The duds are quite common in this model.

Have you tried getting onto LG about it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No point. They don't cover phones bought overseas, so they'll tell me the same as when my G2 screen lost its touch.
    I just won't buy their products again, though the G2 was probably the best phone I ever had before it died.

Worth checking it out. Every phone has a 12 month warranty!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone know how to set chrome as default browser from the goggle now cards? As in if you click a a link from a Google now card it opts for the built in browser which is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

moggser wrote: »
    Anyone know how to set chrome as default browser from the goggle now cards? As in if you click a a link from a Google now card it opts for the built in browser which is ****

Maybe you could reset set app preferences and see then if it gives you after the option to select between the browsers (the just once or always prompt).

Trouble with this is it'll wipe all your app defaults and you'll get the prompt for everything else for awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Maybe you could reset set app preferences and see then if it gives you after the option to select between the browsers (the just once or always prompt).

Trouble with this is it'll wipe all your app defaults and you'll get the prompt for everything else for awhile.

No, go to "app info", and click "clear defaults".

After a while of selecting it as your default, you'll not be bothered with it again.

No, go to "app info", and click "clear defaults".

After a while of selecting it as your default, you'll not be bothered with it again.

What else will that do?reset anything else

What else will that do?reset anything else

It just clears where you've set that app as the default app. So you need to remove the built in browsers defaults before you can select Chrome to be the default one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So is the general consensus that these are good phones?
    I've the S4 on bill and I am thinking of going to pay as you go and buying the G4 myself. But the reviews here seem to be a little mixed.

Too thick? It's a couple mm thicker than the other flagship devices but has a larger battery than the iPhone, Galaxy S6 etc.

Totally worth it considering it also has a REMOVEABLE battery and microSD card slot.

It just clears where you've set that app as the default app. So you need to remove the built in browsers defaults before you can select Chrome to be the default one.

Nice one that worked fair play

Nice one that worked fair play

Got a update of sorts by in else get one and know what it is

• Advertisement

I think LG, along with Samsung, have committed to the monthly security updates that Google are doing with the Nexus 5 & 6. Could be that.

Maybe... Was a big enough one I'll install later on see what's going on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Reading the thread I see some brought their G4's from Italian Amazon.

Could one of you who bought an Italian phone let me know if there is a downside to buying a foreign phone in terms of regional settings and preloaded software etc?

The leather version is on German Amazon for €505 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Thanks for the reply.

I read about your battery problems and have been doing a bit of forum reading on it. It seems many people are getting 4+ hours SoT and many others as low as 1.5 hrs. There's no explanation for this as far as I can see but there is definitely a consensus that there are some G4's that are performing badly battery wise.

Screen brightness and disabling as many apps as possible seems the only answer until an update addresses this. I have read disabling Chrome and Facebook helps.

I did a factory reset on mine that was getting less than 2 hrs screen on time. Spent most of this morning in bed and had >3h SoT and still 40% battery left.

I dont have detailed results, but I feel my battery life has improved since.

Btw I still have location on, bluetooth, wifi etc etc. No fb app installed. Spent those 3 hours mostly just reading things from reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got sick of waiting for the OP2 invite and was more than a little pissed at reveal anyway for the missing hardware... Definitely not a 'killer' this year or next that's for sure. :rolleyes:

So I was looking a 5''+ phone with a priority of a good camera over everything...but not a samsung...
    I completely missed this G4 thread and indeed whole phone if I'm honest as I only really took notice of it after the letdown of the OPT.
    Looking at the moto x style next to it, the G4 has everything the moto X has but with tons of good reviews around to boot plus and a proven good camera.

So I jumped in on black leather backed G4 (UK H815) for 500 euro inc delivery from amazon.
    Delivery should be this week as its coming from France. (I see over there you can walk in and pick one up for 400 sim free)

Please forgive my noob questions if I have any here as I'm late to the party. (If this thread is still open)

• Advertisement

Advertisement