Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Clareman wrote: »
    The other options that I would see as bad would be around the 1st of September (schools going back) although that wouldn't be an issue once you grow older

My birthday's the 3rd of September. I've always thought it was a good time. By that time, people might not have seen many other people from school, and my birthday is a chance for everyone to meet up a few days before school, which is always good.

On the few times it's been the first/second day of school, I just think of the chance to see everyone as a present! And it means you're 18 before everyone else in the year, so you can feel special for a few days :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

brummytom wrote: »
    My birthday's the 3rd of September. I've always thought it was a good time. By that time, people might not have seen many other people from school, and my birthday is a chance for everyone to meet up a few days before school, which is always good.

On the few times it's been the first/second day of school, I just think of the chance to see everyone as a present! And it means you're 18 before everyone else in the year, so you can feel special for a few days :pac:
    You have the same birthday as my father, it was his 70th last year, we had a great night. He went to boarding school, he didn't like his birthday that much when he was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I did the maths already and 40 weeks for me would be April 25th. I was one day over due. there's nothing around then. only thing is my mothers birthday was May 5th. but meh.

Am, I'm due to give birth on the 31st of Jan but will probably go early as I did last time. I got pregnant on the 2nd of May.

You are pregnant for 40 weeks but that's counting 1 week before conception, so count back 39 weeks from your birthday...

I'm glad I didnt have the baby on New Year's or the last few days, I'd like for it to be around the 25th of Jan. Well over x-mas but near to the next payday!! Plus he'd be back at school for a party.

My birthday is in May, def the best time of the year, far away from Christmas and just as the weather is getting better. My sister's is in Dec and she hates it, always 1 present and everyone forgets till just before it as there is so much going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 threestripes

Mine was today, and must say its pretty poop when you're younger, lack of money in the house after xmas leading to just having to do with what you got a week before, but now its just another day and would near rather it, hate the fuss of free drinks and attention:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

My husbands birthday is Sept 10th which is awful for him the past 10 years. The costs involved in getting our 4 kids back to school the week before each year have meant we're usually too skint to do feck all for him.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Mine was today, and must say its pretty poop when you're younger, lack of money in the house after xmas leading to just having to do with what you got a week before, but now its just another day and would near rather it, hate the fuss of free drinks and attention:(

Happy Birthday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

My birthday is a great time to have it!

Friday, June 16, 1978

167th day

33 years 6 months 18 days ago

1750 weeks 5 days ago

12255 days ago

33.55 years ago

120th weekday of 1978

45.48% of 1978 elapsed, 54.52% remaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My friends Birthday is next Tuesday and I'm far too broke to go out! thankfully none of my friends or family really have birthdays in Dec or Jan apart from him! My sisters is at very start of Dec so Christmas doesn't interfere. I'm glad mine is mid march :) lucky 13!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My birthday is December 27th, so is pretty much tied in with Christmas. It's also quite hard to find many restaurants open on the 27th for some reason.

I also feel guilty about friends and family having the extra expense of buying me birthday gifts along with Christmas gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I was going to say before Christmas but on reflection this week would be worse as everyone is in a miserable mood. At least leading up to Christmas people would be going out anyway / in a good mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The 30th of December just gone by in Samoa would have been fairly lame. Apparently they skipped the day entirely to catch up with NZ and Aus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mines the 9th of january which is alright I don't really give a **** about it but it is nice to chat to friends on skype that I rarely see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

NTMK wrote: »
    Mines the 9th of january which is alright I don't really give a **** about it but it is nice to chat to friends on skype that I rarely see

Snap! Me you tricky dicky and Gypsy Rose Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jan 9 is fairly sucky btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I'm glad I didnt have the baby on New Year's or the last few days, I'd like for it to be around the 25th of Jan. Well over x-mas but near to the next payday!! Plus he'd be back at school for a party.

25th jan is cool imo

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

A daughter of mine I know about has hers on Halloween. Nobody celebrates with her. sucks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

blackdog2 wrote: »
    A daughter of mine I know about has hers on Halloween. Nobody celebrates with her. sucks.

Do you have many daughters you don't know about? Or is that a paradoxical question?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say near the end of Jan would be great, you'd know what the best toys were at Christmas by then and be able to get those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

December 31st if you're a sports person.

Other than that, any time in December is pretty awful, not a huge fan of my own because it's on the 22nd so my presents are always whatever I'm getting for Christmas.

Really any day between December 21st and 31st is the worst time to have a birthday in my opinion. Double presents every year, and you miss out on the age thing for sport. Birthday cards are also less likely because everyone's thinking about the Christmas cards they have to send. Us December babies have it tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Mines the 28th of Dec, and its awful.

I never got the sweet in school when it was your birthday because we were on hols and

No one ever wants to go out for it, broke from Stephens night and waiting for New Years Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I've just thought of one positive about having a Christmas birthday: For me it's one of the only times of the year when all (or most) of the older siblings are home from college/various parts of the world. It's more of a Christmas thing than a birthday thing really, but it makes for a great present.

If it makes you feel any better Maiden, the only day I went out this year was the 28th, I had a great night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Im going out to dinner tonight with a few pals to mark it so cant complain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Mines tomorrow :(

Happy birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Mines the 11th of jan. going to buy a tickets for me and mother to head to nyc to the family for 3weeks the week after my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Mines tomorrow :(
    Me too. Happy birthday to us. Today is a crap day for a birthday :( would love a summer birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

Mines the 31st of December. All my Uncles and Aunts would give me a Christmas present, and then say that "that's for your birthday as well". Cheapskates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

mattjack wrote: »
    Aprils fools day....I know someone born on it too....not me, but she sleeps beside me at night :o
    I know someone whose birthday is April 2 his father used to say he escaped being a fool by one day.

I was talking to someone earlier and this topic came up, they know someone who's child's birthday is the 25th of December, every year they celebrate the child's half birthday in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 rocketchick

my birthday is September 11th, but apart from 2001 and not currently living in NYC it makes no difference
    BUT my Dad always remembers my birthday now :) as do lots of people wheras before any day mid September would suffice :)

Advertisement