Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Day to Have a Birthday

Options
  • 03-01-2012 4:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just after speaking to a friend of mine, it's his birthday today, he reckons it's the worst day of the year to have as a birthday, he reckons even if it was Christmas day or around then people would be in better form, a few days later and people would be used to being back to work.

I tend to agree with him, everyone is down cause of going back to work/sick of going out/no money left, even if his birthday was yesterday (Bank Holiday) or tomorrow (second day back to work). The other options that I would see as bad would be around the 1st of September (schools going back) although that wouldn't be an issue once you grow older, the 25th of December cause of the dreaded double gift. Anyone any thoughts on the worst day of the year to have as your birthday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Any day in January, people are miserable and are broke after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mines tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

ThePower11 wrote: »

January's a mighty month for the sporting birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

29th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

29th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

September 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

gemma188 wrote: »
    29th Feb

God damn it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭kirving

Mine is 26th December....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I have to do a leaving cert exam on my 18th. Somehow I don't think anyone's coming out to celebrate with me that week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

gemma188 wrote: »
    29th Feb
    29th Feb

Are you leap year twins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

My daughter turns 1 tomorrow. The poor girl..!

PS: I am half thinking of moving it to August. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

ThePower11 wrote: »

I believe that to be false. ive had some of the best January Birthdays. My day was always lucky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

29th of Feb can be changed to either the 28th or the 1st and you get to have a big deal made out of it every 4 years.
    Having your birthday during exams will only be a pain while your doing exams, once you don't have those anymore May is a nice month to have a birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Do like the aul Windsor wan. Her actual date of birth is in showery April, but she officially celebrates her birthday in (usually) sunny June.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I have to do a leaving cert exam on my 18th. Somehow I don't think anyone's coming out to celebrate with me that week.

Every other year of your life it's in the middle of summer though, so that's alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Mine is the 2nd of Jan.
    Only ever good for taking down the tree or going back to work.
    Just celebrate it New Years Eve, close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

mines today its a pretty bad day for a birthday alright everyone is broke after xmas including myself:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

elefant wrote: »
    January's a mighty month for the sporting birthday.

Aye, but only when they are playing underage, some study has found that players born in Nov/Dec are actually better at senior levels, has to do with them having to work harder underage at the skills to make up with the difference in physicality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'd love to have been born on February 29th. If I held out a little bit longer I'd be turning 7 next month instead of 28.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

January 10th here,low key would be one way of putting it. That doesn't bother me anymore though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

positron wrote: »
    My daughter turns 1 tomorrow. The poor girl..!

PS: I am half thinking of moving it to August. ;)

You should have thought about the repercussions before you got down to business.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

For tax purpouses i was born on the 47th of Novtober, it sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Xmas day I suppose.

Or mine, my birthday is in march and that makes me an Aries, Aries by accident of birth are born arseholes and anyway who wants to be represented by a scrawny old goat, I would much rather be a Leo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Just what is it about the month of April that makes people so horny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Aprils fools day....I know someone born on it too....not me, but she sleeps beside me at night :o

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Just what is it about the month of April that makes people so horny?

April O'Neil fantasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

mattjack wrote: »
    Aprils fools day....I know someone born on it too....not me, but she sleeps beside me at night :o
    My brother was born on April fools day.

Hasn't had any affect on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Start of January's not the worst, good time to throw a New Years party a few days before the birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Your birthday falling on Good Friday wouldn't be much fun with the pubs and clubs closed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

mattjack wrote: »

how many times have we told you...... plastic blow up dolls do not sleep !!

Advertisement