Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Midkemia wrote: »
    Anyone know anybody whos sole goal on a night out is to be in moshpits? Still searching for a moshpit soulmate :P

Apparently half the people at Basshunter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

iLaura wrote: »
    Apparently half the people at Basshunter :P

I sold my ticket for that -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Finally opened my mouth today and told a group of girls whispering and laughing near me while I was trying to work in the library to be quiet. :o I was getting frustrated and annoyed that they wouldn't stop talking and was trying to get work done so finally when they were laughing for like the third time I thought 'I'm too old to be putting up with this crap' and told them to keep it down. I must have scared them with what my mother refers to as 'the teacher face' that I have because they were quiet for the rest of the time I was there. :o :pac: They probably though I was a right b*tch, but in that moment I couldn't have cared less.

I sold my ticket for that -_-

Bad choice, it was class! :P But I think thats mainly cause I was able to be backstage and spent ages talking to him :D:D 13 year old Laura's lifelong dream has been achieved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I reserved a book for the first time ever yesterday and its due back tomorrow, does that mean I can go collect it tomorrow and where do I collect it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I reserved a book for the first time ever yesterday and its due back tomorrow, does that mean I can go collect it tomorrow and where do I collect it from?

You'll get an email when it's ready for collection, all depends when the person returns it.

2 litres of lucozade in preparation for midterms and assignments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

2 litres of lucozade in preparation for midterms and assignments
    I remember when energy drinks had an effect on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

sup_dude wrote: »
    I remember when energy drinks had an effect on me :(

I passed the point of no return years ago. I knew that when I had three cans of Red Bull and still fell asleep twenty minutes later. Sitting up. In broad daylight. In a room full of people.

I only drink the stuff when I need to cram :P

• Advertisement

I passed the point of no return years ago. I knew that when I had three cans of Red Bull and still fell asleep twenty minutes later. Sitting up. In broad daylight. In a room full of people.

Yup! Same with Relentless. Drank two of the big cans before a night out last year and fell asleep before even going out. No energy buzz, just the crash.

Does anyone know if I'm referencing an edited book is it the original author that goes in the in text citation and then in the bibliography its the editor and the title of the edited book?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I hate when the elections are on. The campus is littered with "Vote for me" posters, which remain up weeks after the elections finished. You can't sit down or walk through red raisins without people annoying you every few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Aye Red Raisin is just somewhere you avoid.. particularly if you're in a rush.. :P
    Remember taking 5 minutes getting through. Pocket full of leaflets from every party and promises of sweets. You'd swear I was voting for them on the spot. :P
    Ran into another one of those charity groups over here the other day, actually passed them, thought I was in the clear, had headphones blasting and got chased down. What is it about me that people think, he'll give money. I dress like a slob most of the time and I was on my way to train station. I could've easily wrapped it up with a, sorry no, I'm late for my train, but I knew I had to come out the same doors again, only going in for ATM.. :P
    Anyway, after a 10 minute talk through fractured English and many fruitless attempts to get free I gave in, ready to give them some change. It was an automated card one though for a min of 15e a month.. I became a bit of a bast@rd then though and knew how I'd get out of it. I got my uni card days before which also serves as a bank card... when it's been activated. Mine hasn't, but can't tell that by looking at the card.. :P
    Took it out, had all relevant info on and let her off.
    3 minutes later, it was all done.
    Usually I wouldn't give out actual phone number but felt because of area code she might ring me to see if it's actual number so I did.
    I walked away that day thinking I won something. Since then I've gotten about 10 phone calls off them, 8 in the one day. Thought they'd go away but after persistence today I've just blocked them, don't know why they feel need to call me..
    Now, reading this you might think, what a cheap ****er, but actually pretty giving, it's just I'm living off grant and loans at the moment, I can't afford an extra expenditure, especially a rolling one. Try to save money wherever I can, usually at a loss to myself, 15e isn't a lot but it's a lot more than I would've gave on the day if they were collecting in a bucket.
    Usually give a euro or two if there's a sticker with it, otherwise I'd get hit a few more times by them. A sticker is a 'get away from me, I've already donated' sign :)
    The way she was explaining it at first was like she wanted me to go to Africa and help out some children.. Recoiled and told her I don't think I understood her properly. :P
    Seemed like a nice girl, doing what she could, but I made it clear beforehand that I wasn't interested. Thinking of learning off a few sentences of latin claiming it's my spoken language. :P
    Stick to the buckets. I know cards are safer but the amounts are ridiculous for students. If I want to give to a charity group via card I will, don't need them to track me down..
    Angry again now.. :S

Jez that's not a charity donation Chris, that's almost legal theft. Harassing you to give money and then continue to harass you afterwards. 15 euro a month is an awful lot of money to be making someone give. I'm living off the grant too and there's no way I'd be able to afford it. A swift fudge off would have been in order there. And I thought Stable's ever increasing entry "charity" charge was bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Why isn't there ethernet and plugs at every desk in the library..? I'm stuck to this shítty wifi and on the verge of running out of battery.

Jez that's not a charity donation Chris, that's almost legal theft. Harassing you to give money and then continue to harass you afterwards. 15 euro a month is an awful lot of money to be making someone give. I'm living off the grant too and there's no way I'd be able to afford it. A swift fudge off would have been in order there. And I thought Stable's ever increasing entry "charity" charge was bad...

Put in perspective, how much would I usually give compared for how much they're asking for. Was angry off the bat when she stated it's only 50c a day.
    Stupid. I wouldn't see them every day and if I did, wouldn't feel compelled to give 50c to them every time. It's lazy collecting. I still think they'd get more with buckets. They had a prime location in one of busiest spots in Venice and they're asking people passing by to stop and hand over card info. Nobody is comfortable with that. I'd say more than half that do hand over info will cancel it when they get home or after first payment.
    Why target students though and I'm clearly foreign. Her two main languages were Italian and Spanish, she was Spanish, and seemed reluctant to speak English. I don't have the tanned look of someone European meaning I'm English or American, both English speaking.
    I'm far too nice with people.
    In Seville there were people around cathedral, looked like a Romas, targeting tourists, thrusting rosemary in their hand and telling fortunes or something, dno I don't speak Spanish. Then, after a thoroughly uncomfortable experience, I went to get change from wallet and she protested, 'No, paper.' I was stunned, then said didn't have any. Then leant over looking into my wallet. Should've walked away then but frozen to the spot.. Gave her a few euro, she scowled and went on her way.
    Couple of days later same woman approached me when I was sitting down. Rosemary held out. I said politely, no thank you. 'Non, gracias.. :P'
    Kept going talking about Santa Maria so I told her to **** off.
    Never felt so good.. :P
    A habit of giving people a chance too many... :P
    Some people are just shameless though and it catches me out so often..

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Why isn't there ethernet and plugs at every desk in the library..? I'm stuck to this shítty wifi and on the verge of running out of battery.

Are there plugs in newspaper room yet?
    Could find somewhere in college to charge it up..
    Lot of students steal ethernet cables for student villages I think..
    Know in Groody they weren't supplied so brought mine from home, doubt every student did..

Are there plugs in newspaper room yet?
    Could find somewhere in college to charge it up..
    Lot of students steal ethernet cables for student villages I think..
    Know in Groody they weren't supplied so brought mine from home, doubt every student did..

I mean, the desks that doesn't have a plug for your charger or an ethernet port. It's one of those desks at the end of the library, overlooking the avenue road.

Anyone know looking for (or know of anyone looking for) to buy a ticket for Klingande at Crush tomorrow? I can't go anymore... :(

Eugh, they've made their way to Italy.. :S
    Groping library couple sitting next to me, sharing a laptop then every now and again kissing and groping.. Sitting right next to them.
    Someone's approached them, I think to ask them to be quiet (in Italian) but they're off again.. :S

• Advertisement

God, this week has been insane with all the essays I'm writing for Monday/Thursday. Three essays and a presentation all due next week and I had a presentation due Thursday as well! It's only been a week since I submitted my FYP. :pac: Basically it was straight from FYP to more essay writing, didn't even get a chance to relax only with having a head cold the next day after I submitted my FYP, that lasted a week! I did the two presentations done to get them out of the way, I've written my 3,000 word essay for history due Monday. Now I just have to write two English essays that are 1,200 words and 1,500 words which is okay. They really should do some consulted before they set all essay deadlines on the same week! The first thing I'm doing Friday afternoon is watching me some Casablanca!:)

It's quite amazing how after entering fourth year I can not only do all nighters must have burned myself out. I've been consistently going to bed by 11 (bar the weekends)! Loser! :P

Is there going to be anywhere open on Tuesday to study?

I'm not quite sure, I wouldn't imagine so as everyone on campus would take the day off? But maybe I can't remember the situation last year. I wonder will anyone turn up Monday?!:pac:

I'm not quite sure, I wouldn't imagine so as everyone on campus would take the day off? But maybe I can't remember the situation last year. I wonder will anyone turn up Monday?!:pac:

Well I certainly won't considering I never get up in time for my only lecture at 9am on Mondays. The tutorial I normally have is canceled. Tis great having fúck all to do on Mondays :D

I'm looking forward to an emptier Bus to limerick tonight :)

I wonder will anyone turn up Monday?!:pac:

I have to :(

I have to :(

:( That sucks! I'm thinking of actually heading in myself I only have lectures though (nerd).....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

The main building will be open afaik so you could study in red raisins?

• Advertisement

I think the library may be? I'll be in there tomorrow so I can check for you :)

Advertisement