Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision (IPTV service from Eircom) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,694 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ah yes i know that UTVIreland will be available on the 1st Jan, but i mean the actual UTV that is available on UPC and free to air satellite.

UTV isn't even on Sky so I'm not expecting Eircom to be able to get it any time soon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Whats the procedure for the on demand movies, is there a pin?

Just saw the option for the first time today, I'm worried the kids will start clicking on stuff and racking up the bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

giftgrub wrote: »
    Whats the procedure for the on demand movies, is there a pin?

Yip - it prompts me for a pin - I presume the same one I had to set up when the box was installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

UTV isn't even on Sky so I'm not expecting Eircom to be able to get it any time soon.

You can tune UTV into the Sky Box if you have the codes which are readily available online. Same with ITV and the like but there really isn't a point IMO as TV3 have most of the programmes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You can tune UTV into the Sky Box if you have the codes which are readily available online. Same with ITV and the like but there really isn't a point IMO as TV3 have most of the programmes anyway.

no point at all except for HD :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

batistuta9 wrote: »
    no point at all except for HD :pac:

On top of that: there's no FA Cup games on TV3 and they wouldn't air as many Champions League games.

Everyone really should have freesat, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Has anyone tried to rent a movie? I tried last night, 'processing payment' came up but just timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

redser7 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to rent a movie? I tried last night, 'processing payment' came up but just timed out.
    I rented one last night just to see how it worked. no problems for me, bit slow to accept it and bit cumbersome to go in to my rentals and view it - but once i pressed play it was flawless.

I rented one last night just to see how it worked. no problems for me, bit slow to accept it and bit cumbersome to go in to my rentals and view it - but once i pressed play it was flawless.

Thanks, must try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

E vision on demand app now available on Android & IOS. Only PPV movies on it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I had to reboot our evision box mulitple times over the weekend as it would go to a black screen-audio would still play then the box would be come unresponsive.

11 more channels coming to experience pack & price going up to €8 next month.
    10 of them are listed on a letter I received today
    H2
    CI
    Nat Geo Wild
    DMAX
    ID
    Discovery Science
    Discovery Turbo
    Discovery Home & Health
    Discovery Shed
    Discovery History

Not bad for €2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i thought experience was €6

kooga wrote: »
    i thought experience was €6

My bad, I thought it was €7 at the moment.

Still good for €2 though:o

noticed last night at the races on experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Has anyone done any deal with eircom for the experience pack? Say get the experience plus hd for the price of one?

i have experience free for six months.

there seems to be incremental price increases with evision since august the 1st

essential was €10 now €15
    experience was €6 now €8

They threw in some HD channels for free for me. Seems to be plenty of room for haggling.

redser7 wrote: »
    They threw in some HD channels for free for me. Seems to be plenty of room for haggling.

If you ask them they will give you RTE 1, 2 and TG4 in HD for Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Rang today about the HD channels. The guy on phone told me that a few of the BBC's were available FOC, which I was surprised at, but alas only RTE1&2 with TG4. I suppose its better than none that I had this morning!

Thanks to those that have pointed this out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

prodsc wrote: »
    Rang today about the HD channels. The guy on phone told me that a few of the BBC's were available FOC, which I was surprised at, but alas only RTE1&2 with TG4. I suppose its better than none that I had this morning!

Hardly a big deal as these channels are available for free on Saorview anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

Sorry slightly off the thread but is TG4 HD on saorview or anywhere? I didn't think they had switched to HD:confused:

roshje wrote: »

Sorry slightly off the thread but is TG4 HD on saorview or anywhere? I didn't think they had switched to HD:confused:

Tg4 HD is not on saorview. Its handy for the pro 12 rugby matches

i am currently on experience free for 6 months, which was given to me in the form of a credit of €6 x 6 = €36 With expeience going up by €2 i rang the number at the bottom of the letter and got a credit of €10 applied. I find eircom very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Seen your posts on the talk to section, good luck with cancelling it.

Hi, how did you get on cancelling it?. I've been trying for months to get my cancelled but they just don't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anyone know why on the Disney channel there is voice description on most of the programs? Doest seem to be like that on sky or upc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,694 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know why on the Disney channel there is voice description on most of the programs? Doest seem to be like that on sky or upc

Don't know.

Just flicked it on now for the first time and it's the same. Very odd!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

roshje wrote: »

Its on UPC. On UPC, RTE One, RTE2, TG4, UTV, BBC One and BBC Two HD are included in the basic package if you've a HD box, even if you don't take the HD pack. The same is true of Sky. UPC initially tried to charge extra but it wash pointed out to them that they shouldn't be charging extra for public service channels, and so they were included in the basic pack. AFAIK the same is true on Sky which makes me wonder how Eircom are getting away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

icdg wrote: »
    Its on UPC. On UPC, RTE One, RTE2, TG4, UTV, BBC One and BBC Two HD are included in the basic package if you've a HD box, even if you don't take the HD pack. The same is true of Sky. UPC initially tried to charge extra but it wash pointed out to them that they shouldn't be charging extra for public service channels, and so they were included in the basic pack. AFAIK the same is true on Sky which makes me wonder how Eircom are getting away with it.

That isn't true of sky. UTV is not on the epg at all never mind in HD. Rte 1 and TG4 are both SD which only leaves RTE2 and BBC1&2 available in HD. You have to search down the EPG to find the BBC's in HD. Sky are charging irish customers for our free public service channels, no subscription no irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

icdg wrote: »
    AFAIK the same is true on Sky which makes me wonder how Eircom are getting away with it.
    Eircom don't charge extra for RTE 1/2 or TG4 in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

jd wrote: »
    Eircom don't charge extra for RTE 1/2 or TG4 in HD.

That's good news, however, their website says differently:

https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels
    jca wrote: »
    Sky are charging irish customers for our free public service channels, no subscription no irish channels.

On UPC and Eircom it is no subscription, no television. Full stop. While satellite is different due to being an open platform, and a subscription for these channels isn't ideal, there's no real way around it owing to the need to block viewers in GB from watching these channels.

Advertisement