Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision (IPTV service from Eircom) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

RTT wrote: »
    I signed up for efibre, phone broadband and tv for €24 per month for 6 months (€48 without tv) and €63 per month after that. Its an 18 month contract.

ok. see how the evision goes, but log calls to eircom if it is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ended up getting canceling it today. Back to 6.5MBps from 4.7MBps that I had when eVision was enabled. One of the reasons we got it was that the rep said there'd be golf on it. Eh, no. SS1 & SS2 only on the box, you need SS4 for the golf. Also, having to pay extra for the HD freeview channels, and general lack of channels wasn't the best. Not having the radio on it for the time we got it also totally killed it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

the_syco wrote: »
    Ended up getting canceling it today. Back to 6.5MBps from 4.7MBps that I had when eVision was enabled. One of the reasons we got it was that the rep said there'd be golf on it. Eh, no. SS1 & SS2 only on the box, you need SS4 for the golf. Also, having to pay extra for the HD freeview channels, and general lack of channels wasn't the best. Not having the radio on it for the time we got it also totally killed it off.

Sounds like you didnt research it fully before you signed up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

the_syco wrote: »

We got the HD channels free and there are tons of radio stations.

i got the experience back free. again like most on here on a 6 month free trial

• Advertisement

Kev1972 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of getting Eircom installed. (Tv, Phone, Broadband)
    Installed on the 30th of July.
    Stopped working the next day. Was told it would take 11 days for them to come out and fix it.
    Apart from that I didn't like the TV service. It looked good but when you go to use it, it is years behind UPC or Sky. Very in-practical to use. (When it is working)
    Phoned on the 5th of August, still within the cooling off period, and cancelled the service.
    Phoned again a few days later to check the status of my account - it was still up and running and notes about my cancellation. Eircom said the would have to track down the previous call and listen to it which would take 10 days. That same evening I phoned Eircom 42 times demanding to speak to a supervisor. Non available all evening.
    A few day later I received a bill for €89.79 although the original agreement was for €56 per month with on extra installation charges. Once again - back on the phone. After speaking to numerous people I was finally assured that the account was closed and no monies would be debited from my account. Typically later that month the tried to debit my account for €89.79. Insufficient funds meant they didn't get the money but I got fined €10 from my bank for this debit.
    Over the years I have dealt with Sky and UPC but in my entire life I have never encountered a company and a customer service division as inept as Eircom.
    It's very sad to see such a well know Irish brand going to the doldrums like this.
    Besides their atrocious customer service - did they even bother to benchmark their tv system against their competitors?
    It still shocks me when I think how low a company like Eircom can fall.
    I would love to have an Irish brand on my TV box - I dont think I'll ever see that day, certainly not Eircom. It's one thing to get new customers but no good if you cant keep them.
    Never again

welcome to boards, disappointing to hear of your experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

redser7 wrote: »

Everyone gets RTÉ1, RTÉ and TG4 in HD at no additional cost so long as your line can handle it.
    I'd hardly call 11 radio stations "tons", in fairness...

Kensington wrote: »
    Everyone gets RTÉ1, RTÉ and TG4 in HD at no additional cost so long as your line can handle it.
    I'd hardly call 11 radio stations "tons", in fairness...

i never knew about getting rte 1 2 and tg4 in HD.

just rang eircom and they will switch it on.

Just need to reboot box when i get home.

happy days munster v edinburgh in HD this evening

update match picture quality was excellent, pity about the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jaypea1

some advice appreciated...
    I am thinking of getting evision and efibre. I have read a few posts about the unreliability of the evision box.

When it does freeze and need resetting, do you lose your recordings planner?

Is the "freezing" a once off or does it happen a lot?

Any opinions about evision are most welcomed.

Thanks

I had my box since july and I have had a freeze issue only twice.

you have to go in and redo your tv recording planner, no big deal.

just watched the pro 12 rugby on sky all afternoon sd only and no glitches or issues. v happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like you didnt research it fully before you signed up. :D
    More like we believed the reps and advertisements when they said that there'd be golf. Nope.
    redser7 wrote: »
    The radio stations appeared very late. Message came up saying we'd need to pay for the HD channels for the "free"view stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Anyone else have issues over the weekend with breakup of the video on channels and also had this on a revording of doctor who where the video is distorted for 10-30 seconds, i tried a reboot of the box and no result.

guys just a reminder if anybody took up the free offer of sky sports for the month. The offer came out on the 15th of august by text and you now wish to cancel you need to contact eircom before the month is up otherwise €30. By the time the offer ends i will have had 4 weekends of premiership football and in that time the only game i saw was man city v the pool and thats because it was on a wet monday night!

don't forget there is the setanta sports pack offer. going to hold off on this until the European rugby cup starts on BT sports the weekend of 17/10/14

Setanta Sports & BT Sports
    Promotional Offer Standard Monthly Rate
    FREE for 2 months ex. vat inc. vat
    €13.01 €16.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

I got the movie channels free for 1 month. I cancelled them within the month but I still have them. I'd imagine they're trying to screw me into paying the full amount. I have the name of the person who I cancelled them with.

Should I just leave it and see if I get charged the full price per month?

Del007 wrote: »
    I got the movie channels free for 1 month. I cancelled them within the month but I still have them. I'd imagine they're trying to screw me into paying the full amount. I have the name of the person who I cancelled them with.

have you got a bill since you cancelled?

I availed of the one month free sports, got a bill in the interim and saw I was being charged for sports. rang up and got the money credited to my account.

Del007 wrote: »

If you cancelled the first time then I guess you just don't want it. I'd give them a quick ring to make sure they are not billing you. I think they have too many packages and offers on the go and it must be a nightmare for the reps to keep up. I've heard different things from different reps that contradict each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

I was hoping that they would just forget about charging me and let me keep the movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭jd

Some new kiddies channels added (Disney I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

On demand showing up now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Prices seem decent enough!

There's films there which were in cinema this year for rent, 4 euro, not half bad.

Still no sign of the rte or tv3 player.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Great! But there appears to be no search function. Surely they can't leave it like that, scrolling randomly for something you like ...

Disney jnr, xd and disney channel now available, kids are happy as they missed this most from sky,

Wife was not happy as box wasn't working all day, but never told me I had to do a powe off, although on demand is not loading for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

anyone tried on demand ? is it HD ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Furp wrote: »
    Disney jnr, xd and disney channel now available, kids are happy as they missed this most from sky,

Wife was not happy as box wasn't working all day, but never told me I had to do a powe off, although on demand is not loading for me at the moment.

Any sign of UTV appearing?

jca wrote: »
    Any sign of UTV appearing?

I can check later but didn't notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

anyone tried on demand ? is it HD ?

spoke to someone and she said it was hd for the movies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Disney channels are in the Essential bundle too & i think Nickelodeon has been moved from Experience pack to Essential as i remember no kids channels (apart form FTA on Saorview/Freesat ones) were in the basic bundle when i joined. the updated channel list is now on Eircoms website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

ffocused wrote: »
    Disney channels are in the Essential bundle too & i think Nickelodeon has been moved from Experience pack to Essential as i remember no kids channels (apart form FTA on Saorview/Freesat ones) were in the basic bundle when i joined. the updated channel list is now on Eircoms website.

its not bad now but stiill missing UTV and the sky channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

its not bad now but stiill missing UTV and the sky channels.

UTV will be added New Year's Day, when the Dublin channel launches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

UTV will be added New Year's Day, when the Dublin channel launches.
    ah yes i know that UTVIreland will be available on the 1st Jan, but i mean the actual UTV that is available on UPC and free to air satellite.

Advertisement