Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not to mention having read the transcription of the interview where Ronan tells him (paraphrasing) it's not all over, we could go birdie 18, you'd have taken this at the start of the week, lets go do it. Just love it.

I didn't realise he hit 5i again in the playoff.
    Great interview

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rikand wrote: »
    Since we started calling him the SpaceCraft Experience he's gone from strength to strength.

He's not just Padraig Harrington anymore. He will forever be, the Padraig Harrington SpaceCraft Experience. I cant wait to climb aboard for the next wild ride! :D

We might have to retire the original Spacecraft Experience, Andros Townsend, for a man much more fitting of the title :)

What a day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads . Watching it here.

Not to putt a downer on things.

It was far more glamorous online than in real life.

Pace of play. Jesus.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

was popping in and out all day - just read the last 20 pages now, the overwhelming support for PH is amazing from everyone on here, Well done PH,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

(Peter Alliss) Magnificent win for Harrington, an example for everyone, never quit. Majestic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

And to think I was at home watching last night, getting ready to celebrate Padraig having a top ten (then top five) then top ten finish again. I'd have been delighted with that. Little did I expect Monday to unfold like it did.

Aaaahhh Lads. It was winter rules and all.
    non qualifying.

It is certainly a case that the words painted a thousand pictures.

:)

Berger not getting Bird on first playoff. Was a God send.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Lads and ladies...what about the runner up ? No mention of him at all on these posts. He came within a whisker of winning the Honda at age 21. Unbelievable final round.

The golden bear was singing his praises yesterday, and who are we to question him ? Hard luck young fella. Great days ahead.

But tonight belongs to our man. Well done Padraig. We all looked at him after he hit the water on 17, and said " That's that ". Well I did. But we don't have three majors in the bag....or Ryder Cups... or etc. etc.

Class is indeed permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=106719

Lads, don't know if many of ye follow this site but it's basically up to date transcripts of interviews on the PGA Tour. The link is to Harri's full interview after the win. It's a great site for Joe public as 90% of the quotes never reach the newspapers.

Great interview , thanks for that .

• Advertisement

:)

So tonight – I’ll raise a glass (Almost 4 years on) to Padraig and his dad – and say , your right lads , never give up. There is always hope – and if not , moments of joy in our darkest hours.

[IMG][/img]i5ufkj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

I'm afraid to go asleep in case I wake up and this never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ronjo

He will play 5 weeks in a row culminating in the Masters meaning will have played 9 out of 10 weeks.

Thats pretty tough going but he is honouring them all as they were invites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

ronjo wrote: »
    He will play 5 weeks in a row culminating in the Masters meaning will have played 9 out of 10 weeks.

He's playing 5 weeks in a row? That's an awful lot but typical of the man that he doesn't want to disappoint tournaments after originally getting invites. I can't wait to watch the WGC this weekend hope his head isn't to fried after getting the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I can't wait to watch the WGC this weekend hope his head isn't to fried after getting the win.

Is he playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ronjo

Is he playing ?

No, he has this weekend off and then its 5 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Just getting to see the golf now after being in work today.
    God, that tee shot on 17 was just awful. No commitment whatsoever into the shot. He actually states "I think I have the right club" surely that's where his caddie really needs to step in.

Anyway, doesn't matter now. What a win.

After all the setbacks he has suffered the last few years, the struggles he has suffered and even the problems he had last night he still managed to get over the line and win.
    I can't say iv always been a fan of his Methodists and I'm still not convinced by some of them but he finds a way to make them work and that's what really matters.

Hopefully this is a start to another good period in his career and a great period in irish golf.

I agree... as long as he stays away from those Methodists he should be ok from now on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Gift grub featured him this morning.
    He did a cover of Eminem's "Guess who's back".... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

PARlance wrote: »
    Gift grub featured him this morning.
    He did a cover of Eminem's "Guess who's back".... :)

Was very funny! Ian interrupting him when he said 'Well I was thinking.....'
    Ian: 'STOP THINKING:
    Gift Padraig: 'No Ian, No.... I was thinking about not thinking..!'

:pac::pac::D:D. My eyes were welling up with emotion listening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

dcsjlh.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

ronjo wrote: »

Wud not expect less of the man. Roll on the Masters:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I agree... as long as he stays away from those Methodists he should be ok from now on. :)

That's it! The Methodists have been coaching him.......aha. Now we can move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

mattser wrote: »
    Lads and ladies...what about the runner up ? No mention of him at all on these posts. He came within a whisker of winning the Honda at age 21. Unbelievable final round.

Yes, it was a great round by Berger and he definitely appears to be one for the future. But this is a Padraig Harrington thread, so it's hardly surprising that all the focus was on Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭G1032

Love this Harrington quote after the win yesterday....

"I got up this morning and as I said, I was talking to [my wife] Caroline and she just said to me was I was heading out, she said, 'Remember, if you had a putt, you wouldn't ask anybody else to hit it for you.'  And to be honest, I wouldn't ask anybody else to, maybe I would for a drive or two (laughter) but for a putt I wouldn't."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

G1032 wrote: »

"I got up this morning and as I said, I was talking to [my wife] Caroline and she just said to me was I was heading out, she said, 'Remember, if you had a putt, you wouldn't ask anybody else to hit it for you.'  And to be honest, I wouldn't ask anybody else to, maybe I would for a drive or two (laughter) but for a putt I wouldn't."

I'm just glad it wasn't a four footer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That's been the nice thing about this tournament. OK he did miss some putts, but he has been putting way better than he was. And he potted some BIG putts.....like the one on 18 in round 4. I found I wasn't closing my eyes when he was putting!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Harrington-847-Cannon.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

That's a fantastic input from Caroline!

vienne86 wrote: »
    That's been the nice thing about this tournament. OK he did miss some putts, but he has been putting way better than he was. And he potted some BIG putts.....like the one on 18 in round 4. I found I wasn't closing my eyes when he was putting!

I was manicly hitting f5 f5 f5 f5 ffffffffffffff555555555555555555555

• Advertisement

Loire wrote: »
    That's a fantastic input from Caroline!

eh? We all love Caroline here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement