Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    Watch it... I might start updated the thread as he goes along :)

Par on 8, steady start.
    Be great if he could hang in for a T10 spot.

I haven't seen it yet - when I'm watching it - I'll still be telling him to go for an eagle on last.

I think this is the 13th best day of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I think this is the 13th best day of my life.

Paddy would be proud of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

HzCGdWn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

First post today on this thread was #7079. One I'm looking at right now is #8074. Closing in on 1000 posts in one day - is that a record? Just shows how many people have been following Padraig today and what a legend he is.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    First post today on this thread was #7079. One I'm looking at right now is #8074. Closing in on 1000 posts in one day - is that a record? Just shows how many people have been following Padraig today and what a legend he is.

And every single post willing him on and praying for him. Well done boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

hawkelady wrote: »
    good man martin, im as much of an expert as you are,I suppose

only im saying ph wont win another thing worth talking about,unless he plays in some island off Thailand against some part time golfers,

Couldn't resist ;)

Well done Paddy, you hero :)

ForeRight wrote: »
    And every single post willing him on and praying for him. Well done boards!

Well - excpet the Water one - lol :D:D:D

I nearly died.

Was funny in fairness - I wouldn't be a man to slag humour at the wrong time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tigerwood1

They should name the new roller coaster in tayto pk after him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

delighted for him, comes across as a decent and nearly almost always as a humble person (exception today when he mentioned his loss of form and winning meant he was no longer staying in the penthouse suite in hotels, just nice rooms :))

hope now he kicks on and doesn't lose the hunger to be competing on Sundays

Olympics here we come

• Advertisement

He must be knackered I wonder will he give doral a miss and recharge the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Just calming down now and going back over some of the best moments from today..

A small thing that stands out for me is:
    On his way to the play off he stopped to sign an autograph for someone.

The Sky commentators picked up on it instantly saying it showed the kind of guy he is.

I think that small moment sums up PH perfectly.

Probably 99% of other golfers (ok so maybe that's a biased fugure) wouldn't have even noticed the lad looking for the autograph in that high pressure situation, but Padraig, with possibly the remainder of his career in the balance, stopped and signed the autograph..

What a gentleman, what a sportsman, what a LEGEND..!!

It was actually one of the marshals or attendants who he signed for. He then looked at another one and said "thanks very much for all your help this week".

Again... as you say... sums him up perfectly.

Regarding the Rose thing and the possibility of his management team putting that tweet out.. perhaps, but still, poor taste.

Anyway...
    https://twitter.com/padraig_h/status/572505145134735361

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Productx

Brilliant win. Absolutely thrilled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=106719

Lads, don't know if many of ye follow this site but it's basically up to date transcripts of interviews on the PGA Tour. The link is to Harri's full interview after the win. It's a great site for Joe public as 90% of the quotes never reach the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    He must be knackered I wonder will he give doral a miss and recharge the batteries.

He has no choice to give it a miss :pac: he hasn't qualified for it :p

He should just turn up and play.

"Hi - I'm Paddy - 3 time major winner"
    "Shot Tracker, online God"

Starter turns to Kevin Na

"Sorry Kev"
    "He is Right"
    "Back"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

And there was I at the start of the tournament, looking forward to Rory's first appearance for a while....

:confused: silly me forgot it was a world ranking event. well at least he'll have plenty of time to party.:)

• Advertisement

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=106719

Lads, don't know if many of ye follow this site but it's basically up to date transcripts of interviews on the PGA Tour. The link is to Harri's full interview after the win. It's a great site for Joe public as 90% of the quotes never reach the newspapers.

Lovely interview. Thanks for posting the link.

My mistake. I thought today's win got him into next week's event. Will he have an opportunity to qualify for the matchplay?

Just realised the matchplay has been pushed back to end April. Hopefully, he'll be back in the top 64 by then. (I know that's extrapolating a lot from today's performance, but why not?)

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    :confused: silly me forgot it was a world ranking event. well at least he'll have plenty of time to party.:)

Today's won gets him The Masters, the Players, the Bridgestone Invitational and most likely the HSBC Champions as well. Oh and exempt on PGA until end of 2017 season :D

abff wrote: »
    My mistake. I thought today's win got him into next week's event. Will he have an opportunity to qualify for the matchplay?

Matchplay is top 64 in OWGR on April 20th and US Open will be top 60 a couple of dates in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Since we started calling him the SpaceCraft Experience he's gone from strength to strength.

He's not just Padraig Harrington anymore. He will forever be, the Padraig Harrington SpaceCraft Experience. I cant wait to climb aboard for the next wild ride! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Much easier watching that 3/4 5 iron on 17 this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

What a truly brilliant achievement from Padraig.

Even if he never wins a major again he has already won 3 of them. This alone is an incredible achievement.

I think this was forgotten a lot by some people in Ireland and media in the last few years.

I'd love to see him win another major but if he doesn't he's still up there in the very best Irish sports people of all time.

Can't wait to see him in the Masters..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

PARlance wrote: »
    Much easier watching that 3/4 5 iron on 17 this time around.

Not to mention having read the transcription of the interview where Ronan tells him (paraphrasing) it's not all over, we could go birdie 18, you'd have taken this at the start of the week, lets go do it. Just love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just getting to see the golf now after being in work today.
    God, that tee shot on 17 was just awful. No commitment whatsoever into the shot. He actually states "I think I have the right club" surely that's where his caddie really needs to step in.

Anyway, doesn't matter now. What a win.

After all the setbacks he has suffered the last few years, the struggles he has suffered and even the problems he had last night he still managed to get over the line and win.
    I can't say iv always been a fan of his Methodists and I'm still not convinced by some of them but he finds a way to make them work and that's what really matters.

Hopefully this is a start to another good period in his career and a great period in irish golf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement