Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

i would imagine once you put in your billing address from the country drop down it may apply the relevant vat rate

Been a while since i signed up but if you were to pay with paypal could you avoid this or put in an American relatives address?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PayPal could be a loop hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Been a while since i signed up but if you were to pay with paypal could you avoid this or put in an American relatives address?

I don't think GamePass is available to US residents but I suppose you could pick a non EU foreign country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I'm probably wrong, but hola might work considering we all use Irish cards and paid in Portugal... On holidays...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So either I have gone stupid or the NFL Network has dropped off of the iPad version of the game pass. I was watching it last night and now it has gone. I only have archived games now and red zone.

Can someone else check please?

Edit - its still on my Android phone but has definitely dropped off of the iPad app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    So either I have gone stupid or the NFL Network has dropped off of the iPad version of the game pass. I was watching it last night and now it has gone. I only have archived games now and red zone.

Can someone else check please?

Edit - its still on my Android phone but has definitely dropped off of the iPad app.

Just checked at it is definitely still on my iPad app.

Yeah it seemed to be a problem with the location settings. My iPad seemed to think I was in the States (wish I was). Reset the iPad to factory settings and it started working again.

Thanks for checking.

Hey guys, i dont want to auto renew, do i simply email them and ask them not to renew? Or will that cancel my subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

BKWDR wrote: »
    Hey guys, i dont want to auto renew, do i simply email them and ask them not to renew? Or will that cancel my subscription?

check your account settings , there should be an option to switch off auto renew

lbj666 wrote: »
    check your account settings , there should be an option to switch off auto renew

Couldnt see the switch but looked at FAQ's say i can email them through support which i've done. Hope they dont cancel my sub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Right - I can't get my head around Gamepass. I have Sky Sports and BT for the College Ball. Is there any point in having this? The domain issues seem like hassle?

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Right - I can't get my head around Gamepass. I have Sky Sports and BT for the College Ball. Is there any point in having this? The domain issues seem like hassle?

You're fairly covered with Sky for the Redzone.

Gamepass has every game running on Sundays and Redzone so you can watch whatever game you want , unless its the game running on sky in which case its blacked out which you can by-pass by using the VPN.

if you're happy with Sky and BT then sure stick with it

You're fairly covered with Sky for the Redzone.

Gamepass has every game running on Sundays and Redzone so you can watch whatever game you want , unless its the game running on sky in which case its blacked out which you can by-pass by using the VPN.

if you're happy with Sky and BT then sure stick with it

Cool, thanks - was worried I was mising out

On a side note - is the College football streamsite worth it? Does it have the big games and Gameday etc? In anybodys experience..

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks - was worried I was mising out

On a side note - is the College football streamsite worth it? Does it have the big games and Gameday etc? In anybodys experience..

I would love to watch more college ball, i pick up a few dodgy streams. I know there is a 'game pass' equivilant for college ball but sure the NFL does me grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

For me gamepass is all about being able to watch the condensed games the next day and being able to watch my team every Sunday.

Raoul wrote: »
    For me gamepass is all about being able to watch the condensed games the next day and being able to watch my team every Sunday.

Yeah sorry , that's the biggy for me too! 30 minute game when you don't know the score of a game can be the business of a monday. Actually that's worth it alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

ok so what way is the best to buy Gamepass? is there any offers yet etc?

i keep saying every year im gonna get it and dont! This year i think i will bite the bullet

ok so what way is the best to buy Gamepass? is there any offers yet etc?

i keep saying every year im gonna get it and dont! This year i think i will bite the bullet

I think wait until someone else posts up that they bought it using a VPN and it was cheaper in some other country :D.

Edit - The guys on NFLUK are saying that we will know in the next week or so what the story is with gamepass 2015.

I would love to watch more college ball, i pick up a few dodgy streams. I know there is a 'game pass' equivilant for college ball but sure the NFL does me grand.

You really should....

I've grown to love College ball more. Its more open and exciting, less cynical and the atmospheres......

There is nothing like watching an SEC game kicking off 6pm after the Gameday build up, then another at 9pm and then 1am. Its football heaven. For me it genuinely surpasses the NFL as a spectacal (obviously not standard wise). Just watch an LSU - Bama or Bama - Auburn nightgame and you will fall in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hero Of Canton

Was looking into the whole gamepass + Hola VPN thing recently and was thinking of going that route this year. But saw on twitter today that Hola turns your PC into an exit node and sells your traffic. Can't post the ghacks links as a new user but a quick search should throw up the article. I'd probably look at other VPN options to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement

Was looking into the whole gamepass + Hola VPN thing recently and was thinking of going that route this year. But saw on twitter today that Hola turns your PC into an exit node and sells your traffic. Can't post the ghacks links as a new user but a quick search should throw up the article. I'd probably look at other VPN options to be on the safe side.

What about zenmate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hero Of Canton

Raoul wrote: »
    What about zenmate?

Not sure. The ghacks article only mentioned Hola specifically. I think zenmate is still no strings attached but worth keeping an eye on maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Is it legal to use the VPN thing?

Using a VPN is perfectly legal. Using it to access copyrighted material and bypass geographical restrictions is not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How much per month was it last year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I think it was about €100 for the (regular) season. Not 100% sure but I think it was cheaper if you went through Portugal rather than Ireland when registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I ended up using a paid illegal streaming service last year. Sounds stupid when there are so many free illegal streams out there, but being a Bucs fan it was very difficult to get decent streams.

I paid 20USD and had top notch streaming 4500kps no Blackouts, Condensed and Full Highlights the morning after, included playoffs.

Coaches film.

It was a risk but at 20 dollars it was worth it. Won't mention the name of the site, but it's not that hard to find if you look on Reddit.

Not sure whether to stick with Sky or get Gamepass. I can't justify both, and my conscience doesn't allow me to use VPN and break copyright.

If I get Gamepass, can I watch condensed blackout games the next day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    D9Male wrote: »
    If I get Gamepass, can I watch condensed blackout games the next day?

I think it takes 24 hours for the blackouts to expire. In this day and age it's very hard to avoid scores and stories so unless you live in the Bora Bora caves in Pakistan, you'll be doing well to not know what happened by the time you watch the games

Advertisement