Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    What are the list of trade in games from GameStop?

On their website :)

https://www.gamestop.ie/99er

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

cloud493 wrote: »

If I went to a store at midnight would I be able to buy the game?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If I went to a store at midnight would I be able to buy the game?

I don't know 100%, but when I went to the GTA 5 midnight launch at gamestop you needed a pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sateda343

Got it!!!!!!!! :D Time for an all niter! Sleepy dreams everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

sateda343 wrote: »
    Got it!!!!!!!! :D Time for an all niter! Sleepy dreams everyone! :D

How

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

How

Told them he was Batman and he wanted to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't know 100%, but when I went to the GTA 5 midnight launch at gamestop you needed a pre order.

i reckon they would give him
    a copy batman is huge but i dont think its comparable to gta huge in the gaming world

i doubt the midnight launch will be that crowded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Meh. My PC cost more than a console because it's for more than gaming, but I'd be able to build one just for gaming and get it around the console price. The money ya save with sales n' what not more than make up for the difference, too. (that and not paying for online). Pays for its self in the long run, really... and with all the benefits of PC gaming and just having a buff computer for yourself. Financially, going console is not something I'd be able to afford now. Too much of a wallet sink with the game, DLC and subscription prices.... all for a dedicated gaming device that only pushes 30fps in some titles? Not for me. That's how they're designed I guess, though. (slightly) cheaper hardware for long-term milking on the games and services. Opposite of PC but it suits some people and that's fine.

PC was a worthwhile investment for me. With Batman, 30fps being 'fine' on last generation is not really an attitude we should encourage when it comes to action games on current generation hardware. I hear naught but "graphics don't matter" when it comes to this issue, yet it's always the reason they can't hit 60.... because they pushed the graphics too far. Responsive controls are not a luxury, it's fairly important to fast games. We've had 60fps games on PS2 as well, so it's not really an issue with generation.

I replayed Arkham Asylum/City on my PC. Quite a nice experience, but it's not one exclusive to PC. The consoles can have 60fps if the designers wish it to be so, too. They just have to make sacrifices to the graphics. I mean, if something like Metal Gear Solid 5 can release with those impressive graphics @ 60fps then it really sets the standards for other games I'd say.

More than anything I just want the HFR for the driving sections and timing the counters. 30fps is too much input lag for that kind of gameplay, honestly. That doesn't mean it's not playable, of course. Although I can definitely feel that kind of lag these days after getting used to 60+ for certain titles.

yeah you make a good point actually
    the games are dirt cheap compared to consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Quote from the Kotaku review (there's nothing I consider a spoiler in there, but I've spoiler-ed it anyway for any sensitive souls - it just refers generally to the post-game):

I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS NONSENSE ROCKSTEADY!!! :(

You will play the batmobile puzzle sections and you will love them!! :D

I dont mind the riddler trophies, i (mostly) enjoyed getting them all but it does sound very grindy just to get the full ending.

But hey, at least the full ending isn't unlocked in one of the 80 dlc's for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

£45 on argos.co.uk, probably means €60-65 here tomorrow, €67.99 in Smyths, €69.99 in HMV/Xtravision not sure on Gameslop as I don't shop there, not sure on Tesco neither as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

65 in argos and 75 in gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

biggebruv wrote: »
    i reckon they would give him
    a copy batman is huge but i dont think its comparable to gta huge in the gaming world

i doubt the midnight launch will be that crowded

I think I'll try ring before making the journey up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

£45 on argos.co.uk, probably means €60-65 here tomorrow, €67.99 in Smyths, €69.99 in HMV/Xtravision not sure on Gameslop as I don't shop there, not sure on Tesco neither as of yet.
    I got it in Smyths pre-order for €59.99. Guess that's useless info for anyone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Liamario wrote: »
    legal robbery.

I think you need to look up the word 'robbery' in a dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Got my copy tonight, it worked out at €75 total in gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm broke but may take the plunge ,any update on tesco's price for x1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Does anyone know, if I preordered this in a certain GameStop, do I have to pick it up there? Could I pick it up in a different branch?

60 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bah! It wouldn't start for me this morning, so I'm having to delete the preload and go again. Thankfully, I have fibre and no limit, but still, another 40gigs of wasted bandwidth.

• Advertisement

Overall impressions? I don't think the fact that it looks good should factor, because we've reached a generation of gaming where it should be a given.

How does it compare to the previous two games? Is it much of the same?

I'm debating holding off for a while instead of paying full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think that fact it's up there on Metacritic speaks for itself and is only beaten by The Witcher 3. In regards to looks being a given, The Witcher 2 looks better on PC than The Witcher 3 but 3 is the better game. Looking good is still a bonus and not the rule, as it's still early days of generation 8.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/batman-arkham-knight

What I want to know is whether it's just repeating the same formula - Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game, Arkham City had a bigger scale, another story, but the fighting and setpieces stayed the exact same and became quite repetitive. Looks can only go so far. Is Arkham Knight just repeating the same or is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What I want to know is whether it's just repeating the same formula - Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game, Arkham City had a bigger scale, another story, but the fighting and setpieces stayed the exact same and became quite repetitive. Looks can only go so far. Is Arkham Knight just repeating the same or is there much of a difference?
    Can't say, it's my first Batman game. I'll start with the other batman games while the devs sort it out.
    The game looks fine IMO it's just runs like a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When it comes to sequels in games they are all basically the same and don't change much in gameplay mechanics. If you want something new and different then try a new IP imo. If's it's not broken don't try and fix it or flog the horse to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When it comes to sequels in games they are all basically the same and don't change much in gameplay mechanics. If you want something new and different then try a new IP imo. If's it's not broken don't try and fix it or flog the horse to death.

Agreed. It's the fourth main Batman game. I expect improvements to what was there, some new features, and a bit more variety. But overall, I'm expecting it to be very much like the other games. So long as it's done well, that's what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well..... looks like I'm glad I'm getting this one on console.... albeit in a few days.

Warner Bros are a total bunch of knobs

As if the DLC stuff wasn't nonsense enough, now they feck up the PC specs and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads my steam download of this reset itself to zero percent after about 15gb had already been downloaded. Anyone else experience this?

On the GameStop website it says the Xbox one version is out of stock in every store in Ireland??

So much for the 9.99 deal

• Advertisement

Sorry got the GameStop thing wrong. Its showing in stock everywhere now.

Advertisement