Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

To the fellow bargain hunters who got the Premium Edition for €32 from cdkeys - I got the code in an email yesterday but Steam doesn't register it as being the premium edition. Did anyone else notice that? The email definitely said Premium Edition as did the initial order and PayPal receipt I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

To those who pre-ordered from PSN and getting errors when trying to download,

(From Reddit) Download something like Singstar 1st then try download Batman from your library, no idea why it works but it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cormac... wrote: »
    Came here expecting early 1st impressions or some info on pre-downloading given I thought it would now be available digitally

I see where back bandwagoning on the Ole Gamestop Hate train again :rolleyes:
    Came here expecting sarcastic comment from Cormac.
    Well, I am satisfied ;)

Here's the Xtravision list for anybody interested
    What price with one of those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What price with one of those games?

batmanoffer.png

• Advertisement

Any technical differences between Xbox and PS4 versions? I haven't been able to find anything relating to the resolution on X1.
    Will probably pick it up on X1 anyway just would like to know before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Any technical differences between Xbox and PS4 versions? I haven't been able to find anything relating to the resolution on X1.

Ehhh... It's 480p and 10fps, but it won't matter to you anyways.

What does it matter, if you're going to buy it anyway. Why would you want to know about potential problems that you may not even notice while playing the game.

Liamario wrote: »
    Ehhh... It's 480p and 10fps, but it won't matter to you anyways.

What does it matter, if you're going to buy it anyway. Why would you want to know about potential problems that you may not even notice while playing the game.

I might suggest you take a deep breath and relax

I have a full hd projector so yes it will matter to me.
    I own both consoles so I want to make an informed decision and find out the technical differences such as resolution and frame rate consistency.

I haven't been able to find anything solid about it either via google or via reviews I have read so I ask here because maybe someone else has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I might suggest you take a deep breath and relax

I have a full hd projector so yes it will matter to me.
    I own both consoles so I want to make an informed decision and find out the technical differences such as resolution and frame rate consistency.

I haven't been able to find anything solid about it either via google or via reviews I have read so I ask here because maybe someone else has.

I'm a little stressed today, so I do apologise. But, you did said that you'll pick it up on the Xbox anyways. Why even bother asking, when you consider that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

biggebruv wrote: »
    if you ever really really want a game day1 never order online thats my thoughts

after the gtav disaster never again

its cool when tue order could come a day early but thats only a rare occurance imo

I honestly thought amazon were fairly good at getting them out for release day. It's not a huge problem obviously it's just I've got a fair amount of time this week and I'd like to have the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only real day one difference between the PS4 or Xb1 versions is that there is PS4 exclusive content included in that version that will be released a paid for DLC on the Xbox at a latter date. Other than that the game looks amazing on both consoles. I reckon you'd be very hard pushed to tell them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Shiminay wrote: »
    To the fellow bargain hunters who got the Premium Edition for €32 from cdkeys - I got the code in an email yesterday but Steam doesn't register it as being the premium edition. Did anyone else notice that? The email definitely said Premium Edition as did the initial order and PayPal receipt I have.
    My cdkeys oder got sent to me last night. Entered it with Steam. Wasn't sure at the time of registering it if it had said that it was the premium ed so I went into Steam--> Settings --> Account information on the top and it'll tell you what version was registered. Mine deffo says Premium Ed. for me there.
    Pretty sure that's what made me go in and double check the version on my account acctivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I remember xtravision had bioshock infinite on display in the cabinets the sunday before it came out, you could see the sealed cases right there, and they wouldn't sell it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I honestly thought amazon were fairly good at getting them out for release day. It's not a huge problem obviously it's just I've got a fair amount of time this week and I'd like to have the game.

Amazon usually are very good with release day games. Don't know what happened to them this time.

I ordered Fallout 3 GOTY at 1am Sunday morning with 1st class delivery and it's at the PM sorting facility in Belfast already.

Their Batman stock delivery must have got in late so they would not breach the release window as as happened all around Europe.

Liamario wrote: »
    I'm a little stressed today, so I do apologise. But, you did said that you'll pick it up on the Xbox anyways. Why even bother asking, when you consider that?

No problem.

I'm about 60 - 40 swayed towards X1 normally mainly due to the fact I have typically purchased multiplat on my Xbox because I have my gold account for 10+ years but I have sometimes purchased multiplat titles on the PS4 because of the technical differences.
    Shadow of Mordor a couple of months back was one of these; see below.
    This made my decision sway slightly for a change and I still may do the same here if there a good enough reason from a technical aspect.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-shadow-of-mordor-face-off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Came here expecting sarcastic comment from Cormac.
    Well, I am satisfied ;)

My post wasn't directed at you squarely, just the general same old tiresome Gamestop bashing
    Amazon usually are very good with release day games. Don't know what happened to them this time.

I ordered Fallout 3 GOTY at 1am Sunday morning with 1st class delivery and it's at the PM sorting facility in Belfast already.

Their Batman stock delivery must have got in late so they would not breach the release window as as happened all around Europe.

Remember though that GTA5 shipping early from Amazon was a big problem for them, bit of a backlash there, i'd say they tightened the belts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My cdkeys oder got sent to me last night. Entered it with Steam. Wasn't sure at the time of registering it if it had said that it was the premium ed so I went into Steam--> Settings --> Account information on the top and it'll tell you what version was registered. Mine deffo says Premium Ed. for me there.
    Pretty sure that's what made me go in and double check the version on my account acctivity.

Gentleman! That's me happy so, it is indeed the Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

In April they confirmed its running 1080p on PS4 and were working hard on the Xbox version.

Since they have released no information on it since, you'd imagine it's 900p. That's what a lot of people on the Xbox reddit are speculating anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just found out all the console versions are 30fps. That's a big ouch for an action game with so much timing based combat and driving sequences on current generation hardware. I'm surprised they didn't go for 60 but I guess they really wanted dem graphics. I seriously hope this doesn't mean they've optimised it for 30fps. I'd really like it to perform at a stable 60 or more. I don't mind turning off all taxing post-processing for that to happen. Seeing super fast movements clearly and smoothly like the fighting, projectiles and vehicle movement at 60+ is much more important to me for this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just found out all the console versions are 30fps. That's a big ouch for an action game with so much timing based combat and driving sequences on current generation hardware. I'm surprised they didn't go for 60 but I guess they really wanted dem graphics. I seriously hope this doesn't mean they've optimised it for 30fps. I'd really like it to perform at a stable 60 or more. I don't mind turning off all taxing post-processing for that to happen. Seeing super fast movements clearly and smoothly like the fighting, projectiles and vehicle movement at 60+ is much more important to me for this series.

ah sure we played all the last gen games on 30fps just fine

its the nature of the beast if anyone wants those 60fps theyd have to chalk out for a pc with some bells and whistles which would cost more than a console

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

RasTa wrote: »
    Arkham Knight is constantly trying to justify the Batmobile's presence, forcing it upon you at nearly every opportunity.

Oh FFS.

What happens if I don't use the Batmobile Code Amazon just sent me so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Cormac... wrote: »
    Oh FFS.

What happens if I don't use the Batmobile Code Amazon just sent me so :P

That's just for the Batman '66 colour scheme, you still get the car obviously!

Preload is done for me. Steam says the game doesn't unlock till 6PM tomorrow, but I've work until half 5 so no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Tried to redeem my batmobile code there and says its invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The Steam release date has resolved itself. Unlocking in less than 5 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

biggebruv wrote: »
    ah sure we played all the last gen games on 30fps just fine

its the nature of the beast if anyone wants those 60fps theyd have to chalk out for a pc with some bells and whistles which would cost more than a console

Meh. My PC cost more than a console because it's for more than gaming, but I'd be able to build one just for gaming and get it around the console price. The money ya save with sales n' what not more than make up for the difference, too. (that and not paying for online). Pays for its self in the long run, really... and with all the benefits of PC gaming and just having a buff computer for yourself. Financially, going console is not something I'd be able to afford now. Too much of a wallet sink with the game, DLC and subscription prices.... all for a dedicated gaming device that only pushes 30fps in some titles? Not for me. That's how they're designed I guess, though. (slightly) cheaper hardware for long-term milking on the games and services. Opposite of PC but it suits some people and that's fine.

PC was a worthwhile investment for me. With Batman, 30fps being 'fine' on last generation is not really an attitude we should encourage when it comes to action games on current generation hardware. I hear naught but "graphics don't matter" when it comes to this issue, yet it's always the reason they can't hit 60.... because they pushed the graphics too far. Responsive controls are not a luxury, it's fairly important to fast games. We've had 60fps games on PS2 as well, so it's not really an issue with generation.

I replayed Arkham Asylum/City on my PC. Quite a nice experience, but it's not one exclusive to PC. The consoles can have 60fps if the designers wish it to be so, too. They just have to make sacrifices to the graphics. I mean, if something like Metal Gear Solid 5 can release with those impressive graphics @ 60fps then it really sets the standards for other games I'd say.

More than anything I just want the HFR for the driving sections and timing the counters. 30fps is too much input lag for that kind of gameplay, honestly. That doesn't mean it's not playable, of course. Although I can definitely feel that kind of lag these days after getting used to 60+ for certain titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

my copy from Xtra-vision has just been dispatched so I won't get it until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm bowing out of this thread now, I won't be getting this for a while, maybe the weekend, and that's only if my PC can run it.

Enjoy it lads and ladies, and remember, "I'm BATMAN!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Quote from the Kotaku review (there's nothing I consider a spoiler in there, but I've spoiler-ed it anyway for any sensitive souls - it just refers generally to the post-game):
    If you want to see the full ending, Batman will need to hunt down everyone in the game, take down every watchtower, eliminate every guard station, collect every one of those Riddler trophies you’ve been trying your best to ignore since 2009

I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS NONSENSE ROCKSTEADY!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What are the list of trade in games from GameStop?

Advertisement