Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    Don't suppose anyone knows where I could try pre-order an Arkham Knight PS4 bundle....or will there be any in these parts (Ireland)

HB

Yupp, below is from Playstation Ireland
    Attention Batman fans, you can pre-order the Limited Edition Batman Arkham Knight PS4 now at Smyths, XtraVision, HMV and GameStop!

Standard PS4 with Arkham Knight is €440 while the Limited Edition console is €460

XV Standard Edition
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/PS4-Console-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Bundle/xv-movies-games-entertainment/pd/116108

XV Limited Edition console
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/PS4-Console-Silver-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Bundle/xv-movies-games-entertainment/pd/116016?path=Games

http://www.hmv.ie/PS4-Console-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Bundle/movies-games-entertainment/pd/116108

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-4/c-748/ps4-consoles/p-12285/ps4-500gb-batman-arkham-knight-bundle/

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/51960/playstation-4-batman-arkham-knight-limited-edition-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah was just posting random ones as not sure if Hamster is looking for standard or limited edition. I personally think the limited edition one is worth the extra 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It is rather nice! Very tempted by it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah was just posting random ones as not sure if Hamster is looking for standard or limited edition. I personally think the limited edition one is worth the extra 20 quid
    Oh Limited Edition for sure.....I mean......LOOK AT IT!!!!!!

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Thanks for the help guys....
    Now one more question.
    I have a One4All card with 200 quid on it.
    If I pre-order with my debit card, will I be able to use the One4All or will I have to pay the full price with the debit card I used to pre-order?

Thanks again

HB

p.s. Also Smyths pre-order button not working :(

Not sure online but id say you would be able to use both if called into any of those shops If there is one close to you. Smyths might not be selling this online if its greyed out, you might have to check instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season Pass announced. Regular new content for 6 months inc. (£32.99.) Includes new story missions, villains, race tracks, challenge maps and character skins. Also available: The Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition (digital only) includes the full game and Season Pass!

Will probably translate to 40 euro for a season pass?? Sounds a bit mental. As much as I love the Arkham series, I've never been tempted on the season pass as there are enough Challenge rooms and might only use 1 of the 10 skins made available. Story mode add-on's like Harley's Revenge would be the only dlc I'd buy. Might get a bats skin if there is a good one but would definitely pay for a skin for either the 90's animate series batmobile or the one from the 60's/70's.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Will probably translate to 40 euro for a season pass?? Sounds a bit mental. As much as I love the Arkham series, I've never been tempted on the season pass as there are enough Challenge rooms and might only use 1 of the 10 skins made available. Story mode add-on's like Harley's Revenge would be the only dlc I'd buy. Might get a bats skin if there is a good one but would definitely pay for a skin for either the 90's animate series batmobile or the one from the 60's/70's.

Looks like its €40 for the season pass. From Press release The Batman™: Arkham Knight Season Pass will deliver regular new content for six months post-launch including new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.

The Expansion pass for Witcher 3 is €24.99 and will probably have more content. Chances are there will be another Warner Brothers Sale on PSN or Xbox Live and the season pass will be reduced. The Far cry 4 season pass was on sale once or twice since its release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Harleys Revenge has got to be the worst value DLC I've ever played..... And I play Destiny :-/

Yeah wasn't the best value but sure beats paying for more challenge maps. The extra villians invading Gotham sounds interesting but most likely side missions that could have been in the main game to fluff it up. 40 is way too much for a season pass anyway imo. I'll buy DLC if it looks good enough and interests me.

Yeah the Witcher expansion pack that adds about 30 hours of gameplay for 25 euro sounds good but waiting to play the main game first in case I don't like it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DragonBourne

great game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Season Pass announced. Regular new content for 6 months inc. (£32.99.) Includes new story missions, villains, race tracks, challenge maps and character skins. Also available: The Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition (digital only) includes the full game and Season Pass!

giphy.gif

Stuff as inconsequential as that should be free.
    I won't get excited as those have said the previous story DLC's have been missed opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Will the season pass come with the Limited edition? Doesn't actually mention it on Amazon.

maximoose wrote: »
    Will the season pass come with the Limited edition? Doesn't actually mention it on Amazon.

Doubt it as they announced a premium edition which comes with season pass and is priced at around €100

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

€100 is the new €75 now

url.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Harley DLC was short. I liked the Freeze DLC for Origins.

But I don't think I'll be getting this right away anyway since may have to upgrade to play it. So may just wait and see what the season pass includes then get the GOTY edition next year or something

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sooner people stop buying these season passes the better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Forget the passes I've practically stopped buying the games because of the bloody prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Harley DLC was short. I liked the Freeze DLC for Origins.

I never played Harley's Revenge DLC. Of the others over the 3 games Freeze is the only DLC I can remember being worth it, challenge maps aren't for me and skins should be free.

Don't think I'll bother getting the season pass until we see what story DLC there is, usually the passes are on sale pretty quickly anyway.

Its the editions that are killing me with games now.
    Limited Edition, Collectors Edition, Digital Edition, Day One Edition, (Insert clever name tying to the game) Edition and Standard Edition???
    Just hope the story DLC is substantial, made post launch and affordable.

just preordered standard edition for Ps4 in xtra-vision.ie for €59.95 using 15% off discount code 15OFFMMG

Not sure if it's Rockstead or Warner Brothers (probably it's all WB) but they are some greedy b@stards. Skins should be free just for the fact that the game was delayed. The 2 games I'm most looking forward to this year, Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight, and they couldn't be further apart on their DLC policy.

Asking people to pay 100 euro for a 'Super Edition' and then asking for a further 40 euro for stuff they left out of the game is a kick in the balls.

Seeing a lot of people online saying pre-order cancelled (probably not but still) but what's even worse than the overpriced DLC are the people on the official forums creaming themselves over this news and thanking the devs for 6 months of DLC for the little price of €40, sounding deadly serious :mad:

Would love for Rocksteady to prove me wrong and do something crazy like 'The Dark Knight Returns' as DLC but they won't. It'll be soulless stuff like the Catwoman, Harley Quinn and I wouldn't have played the Mr. Freeze dlc on principle.

Hate the way Meanies have Mega and Mammoth editions also but i'm going off topic. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've preordered the 'not getting this until the GotY edition on sale' because I'm sick to death of season passes, multitudes of editions and the stale taste still lingering after Origins.

Seriously, people need to stop preordering games.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Just have some patience and wait for it to drop in price. It happens with every game just resist the day 1 hype and play some of your backlog instead.

Its not like its going to go out of stock.

Arkham games are one of the few Day 1 games for me. Would love that Batman statue edition but won't be paying a penny over the standard price. PS4 edition comes with a few 'bonuses' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just hope the story DLC is substantial, made post launch and affordable.

But they said all the stuff will be released for 6 months post launch, which means they would be working on it before launch

I got Origins Day 1, because I got it cheap. But then had to wait a few days before I could progress past that vent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The season pass price is silly. Will still get the game, but will only by the dlc if it has a huge drop in price at some point.

Advertisement