Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Bloody Snow White and her "buck up, kid!" speeches. Regina is so hurt that she'd rather rip out her own heart and feel nothing than continue feeling as bad as she does and Snow is basically telling her to get over it, it's fine. If that's how much you love Emma she's better of without you.

I was surprised they brought Emma's memory back so quickly but I suppose that it would have been a complete rehash of Season 1 if they'd dragged it on too long. They could have made more of Hook in New York though, it was basically 2 or 3 of the same scene just different locations. I wonder how he got back to this world then if he wasn't with the others?

The green make up on yer one is a bit rubbish, isn't it? She looks like she sneezed into her green eye shadow and got it everywhere.

I used to love Sean Maguire when I was a kid. Sooooooo much! I don't care that much for Robin, I think there's still too many characters and I can't get overly involved in any of the new ones.... other than Tink... Where was Tink??!

So many English accents on this show now too, fake and real. Do they outnumber the American ones?

maders makeup is a bit too painty, for a lack of a better word....but she got in the best line of the night!

so they are back in storybrooke again after one episode :rolleyes: ....i was hoping they could have explored FTL in more detail.

but a decent return overall...sans well dodgy green screening and bloody flying monkeys,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jenjenten wrote: »
    maders makeup is a bit too painty, for a lack of a better word....but she got in the best line of the night!

so they are back in storybrooke again after one episode :rolleyes: ....i was hoping they could have explored FTL in more detail.

but a decent return overall...sans well dodgy green screening and bloody flying monkeys,

They will be exploring it more in the flashback sections of episodes. I was hoping they'd get rid of those bits but alas, no.

Interesting episode.... I guess.

I'm not one of those people who "ship" Emma and Regina but it's hard not to see Robin and Regina as the writers pushing a relationship on Regina just to kill off the Emma/Regina idea completely. I don't see why Regina has to have a romantic relationship to have her happy ending. I would have thought that proving herself worthy of being a mother to Henry and building friendships with the others would have been a perfectly acceptable happy ending for her?

Yer one creeping on Snow White and her baby makes me thing two things.... 1 - She knows Snow is responsible for killing her mother and wants revenge or 2 - Snow's baby is Dorothy? Huh? Huh? Maybe.....

Having Regina and Greeny be sisters is fine and all but it's yet ANOTHER "my parents abandoned me, you don't know the pain of abandonment, blah, blah, blah" story line. I don't know what kind of terrible childhood the guys running this show had but they need to see a professional about it.

I'm not one of those people who "ship" Emma and Regina but it's hard not to see Robin and Regina as the writers pushing a relationship on Regina just to kill off the Emma/Regina idea completely. I don't see why Regina has to have a romantic relationship to have her happy ending. I would have thought that proving herself worthy of being a mother to Henry and building friendships with the others would have been a perfectly acceptable happy ending for her?

Yer one creeping on Snow White and her baby makes me thing two things.... 1 - She knows Snow is responsible for killing her mother and wants revenge or 2 - Snow's baby is Dorothy? Huh? Huh? Maybe.....

Having Regina and Greeny be sisters is fine and all but it's yet ANOTHER "my parents abandoned me, you don't know the pain of abandonment, blah, blah, blah" story line. I don't know what kind of terrible childhood the guys running this show had but they need to see a professional about it.

They are all bleedin related to one another!....its getting a bit creepy now, Emma all but admitted she shagged a flying monkey! :eek:
    Rumple!.....he is not Mr. Gold but the old Rumple...yay! :D
    So is Rumple the father of Queeny and Greeny :confused:

Henry has grown about a foot since the last feckin episode! :eek:
    Nice to see Red properly, obvious is obvious they want to make Hood and Regina happy families with the kid....endgame?

enjoyable enough episode and........

bring it greeny

that is it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm not one of those people who "ship" Emma and Regina but it's hard not to see Robin and Regina as the writers pushing a relationship on Regina just to kill off the Emma/Regina idea completely.
    *Discreetly raises hand*

I had a lot of mommy feels in regards to this episode. God, my heart was breaking when she went in for a hug and he offered his hand. I actually like that they're holding off on Henry's memories. The reunion will be all the more rewarding for it.
    I don't particularly want a baby on the show, or the kind of storylines that arc will present, but I'm certainly intrigued by where they intend to go with it. I'm inclined to think it's all a ruse by WW, but then again, is the show really that cruel that they could rob The Charmings of another child?
    Is there even room for another True Love baby on Once?

It was so daft the scene in FTL where they were talking about The Wizard of Oz as if Belle could possibly be the only one who knew about it because she's a bookwork. -facepalm-

Moment of appreciation for Roland Hood. Look at the dimples on the kid. Adorable.

• Advertisement

Just reading a recap there and it was pointed out that last week the Wicked Witch got her monkey to attack Regina and bring her some of Regina's blood, which could mean that's how the "blood magic" was broken and they're not sisters at all!

Just reading a recap there and it was pointed out that last week the Wicked Witch got her monkey to attack Regina and bring her some of Regina's blood, which could mean that's how the "blood magic" was broken and they're not sisters at all!

Lily Sparks? I'd love that too, but
    we know Rose McGowan was back filming an ep as young Cora and if you follow her on twitter she uploaded a pic of herself cradling a newborn. Unless they're rewriting Regina's history. Which is just blah.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Lily Sparks? I'd love that too, but
    we know Rose McGowan was back filming an ep as young Cora and if you follow her on twitter she uploaded a pic of herself cradling a newborn. Unless they're rewriting Regina's history. Which is just blah.

Yep that's the one. I suppose the blood could have been for casting the new spell or something else that we'll see later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rumple was green too only after he had become the dark one, Neal is his human/non magical child, the witch is his magical child, Cora had Regina with Henry, the man Regina sacrificed to start her curse. I think they are sisters. Cora is their connection though, not Rumple, even though he taught both of them magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was so daft the scene in FTL where they were talking about The Wizard of Oz as if Belle could possibly be the only one who knew about it because she's a bookwork. -facepalm-

Think it was just her being one of the first to put 2 and 2 together, since Grumpy mentioned the East and West and in Storybrooke, Emma was the only one who seemed surprised. Though Snow didn't realise she was real in FTL.

Was watching wondering what would happen when John crossed the line, but didn't expect the monkey. Though I really should have.

Meant to say last week that the part where Christopher Gorham changed reminded me of Tales From the Darkside.

I assumed the green was a gift from Rumple, as well, as some kind of side effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭bren2001

Is it too early to assume that Emma is Dorothy? An orphan who grows up in the real world, gets swept into FTL (Oz technically). Dorothys only source of happiness is Toto, equivalent of Henry. They made a big deal in episode one of her going back to get her red jacket i.e. the shoes. Not the strongest evidence but I can see the cheesy ending of Emma clicking her heels together and wishing "there's no place like home" and ending up in Storybrook.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Is it too early to assume that Emma is Dorothy? An orphan who grows up in the real world, gets swept into FTL (Oz technically). Dorothys only source of happiness is Toto, equivalent of Henry. They made a big deal in episode one of her going back to get her red jacket i.e. the shoes. Not the strongest evidence but I can see the cheesy ending of Emma clicking her heels together and wishing "there's no place like home" and ending up in Storybrook.

Well that all adds up to just the right amount of crazy to be an extreme possibility on this show. Jennifer Morrison seems to be working under the assumption that Emma is the "ugly duckling", difficult childhood, never belongs anywhere, not like the other kids.... then grows to be a beautiful Swan.

I think her red jacket was just fan service, to be honest.

bren2001 wrote: »

LOL!....that is one wacky theory! :p

I think her red jacket was just fan service, to be honest.

That's how i read that scene also....buying Emma as the daughter of Snow White, who looks younger then Emma, is already a stretch....making her Dorothy would be a troll on a bridge too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭bren2001

LOL!....that is one wacky theory! :p

Its a theory filled with many many many plotholes i.e. Emma would of had to go to Oz as a kid. In any other show I would of disregarded the thought and probably laughed at myself. Hence why I think it is perfect for OUAT.

They have to explain how the WW survives the bucket of water being thrown over her. Grumpy eluded that it had already happened. They cannot go down the route of Wicked as Disney don't own the rights to it. They also *should* be constrained by fact the Wizard of Oz is set in the early 1900's.
    New character Rapunzel is in this weeks show.
    Should be interesting.

Stumbled on this by accident a few minutes ago, can't fcuking wait. :)

Archie/Jiminy Cricket is coming to Dublin.

Raphael Sbarge will be appearing at the MCM Comicon in the RDS on April 12/13

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ireland/attractions/special-guests/

Brilliant episode!....up there in the top five of the series!, dark and creepy.....that scene with Rumple and Greenie was something else!, some superb acting and intereplay between the two. Lovin this take on Oz....the lion needs courage, Whitchy takes Davids....i am guessing she has taken Rumple's heart or capacity to love.

Clearly a Dorothy arc at play here....and yes, i think the baby is Dorothy!
    Having Rapunzel as not your pretty white Disney blonde was refreshing!, the stuff with facing your fear etc. - even the heart to heart Emma had with Hook, really brillo episode!

Brilliant episode!....up there in the top five of the series!, dark and creepy.....that scene with Rumple and Greenie was something else!, some superb acting and intereplay between the two. Lovin this take on Oz....the lion needs courage, Whitchy takes Davids....i am guessing she has taken Rumple's heart or capacity to love.

Clearly a Dorothy arc at play here....and yes, i think the baby is Dorothy!
    Having Rapunzel as not your pretty white Disney blonde was refreshing!, the stuff with facing your fear etc. - even the heart to heart Emma had with Hook, really brillo episode!

Henry needs a brain for his memories, Emma says in the episode her heart was broken, question is who wants to go home?

so sunday is that biggie episode....and the season finale has a title http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/once-upon-time-season-3-finale-title.html

Stumbled on this by accident a few minutes ago, can't fcuking wait. :)

Archie/Jiminy Cricket is coming to Dublin.

Raphael Sbarge will be appearing at the MCM Comicon in the RDS on April 12/13

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ireland/attractions/special-guests/
    Awesome. I'm metting him in the UK in May.

• Advertisement

so sunday is that biggie episode....and the season finale has a title http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/once-upon-time-season-3-finale-title.html

Hmmm, and did you guys watch the promo?

Do we think it's
    Neal
    then?

Do we think it's
    Neal
    then?

I think so, sadly.
    now I've never been Neal's biggest fan, but the character on paper is amazing. It just never translated to screen. Onward and upward for MRJ.

The writers on OUAT seem obsessed with parental abandonment and all that kind of stuff and yet they never properly address it. I think the one scene where Emma told snow she always felt like an orphan and still does was the only time they actually addressed the impact these things can have on a child and cut out all the BS about best chances and whatever else Snow is smoking. Neal and Rumple's relationship could have been great to explore but they went the Peter Pan route with it instead and never really addressed how Neal felt about it or how he felt about not having the opportunity to be a father to Henry for so many years of his life.

Well that episode pissed me off beyond belief.
    I feel terrible for Neal fans, because the show completely screwed them over. And there was so many moments in this ep that we should have got AGES ago!
    Neal & Hook reconciling! Like where was that in 3A? Instead we got the stupid bs love triangle. I even loved Emma & Neal joking around. Why didn't they do this sooner?
    Neal saying he was a good father....that's nice and all but the show never really gave us anything there. Not only were the characters cheated out of that, but so too was the audience. Neal had like a maximum of a week(maybe 2) with Henry before he was kidnapped to Neverland. And then his Fatherly speech on the Jolly Roger wasn't even with Henry, but Panry!

I may not like the fairy dust/soulmate stuff with Robin Hood, but Parrilla makes it worthwhile.

And I think Zelena's a hoot. Bex Mader is camping it right up and I love her for that.

Good twist, all I can say is :(:(:(

Guess I didn't see it as a twist at all because I've been following bts scoop and it all seemed so blatantly obvious :(

Btw, did you guys check out the promo for next week? It's hilarious. So camp.

I was fairly sure it was
    Neal who was going to die but once he and Hook had that scene I've been dying for for months it was fairly obvious where it was going. It was a lovely scene between Hook and Neal though. As DeWitt says above we should have got it months ago. It also felt like a bit of fan service, I've seen so many people complain about how they never really explored the relationship Hook had with Bae very well and once he came back as Neal they never explored it at all, instead having them spend all their time fighting over Emma. So, while it was a lovely and long overdue scene it did feel a bit tacked on before Neal bit the dust.

I liked his chat with Emma too but it did feel a little bit like the writers trying to give Hook and Emma the green light. Look Neal fans, he's dead now and he said he wanted Emma to be happy so it's fine if she gets with Hook and STOP THINKING ABOUT SWAN QUEEN!! I myself prefer Hook and Emma, I think they have good chemistry and his character arc has been one of the better ones on the show but if the only way you can clear up a love triangle is by killing off one of the characters then you've failed. Lots of shows do love triangles and while most of them are really bad and dragged out there are some that do it well and make you care about everyone involved but OUAT is not one of those shows.

Also, I think the internet fans ruin all the relationships on shows now anyway. They make up their own, they get violent about their faves, they go nuts on it. A new show starts and within 2 episodes they're "shipping" couple to the death and my God, the term "endgame" makes me ill. Some shows seem to be capable of ignoring this and keeping their characters and plots developing the way that they want but more and more you see this thing of fan service creeping into shows. Have the nuts to run your show the way you want, characters should be developed strongly enough that their actions and relationships come naturally from them, and not from being shoved on them by the might of Tumblr loonies or what have you. I'm ranting now... back to the episode....

I liked Regina and Robin's interactions this time far more than when they met in the enchanted forest a few weeks ago. That time felt very "LOOK AT THESE TWO THEY LOVE EACH OTHER STOP THINKING ABOUT SWAN QUEEN!!!" whereas this time it felt a little more natural and I love the fact that they have actually met before and who knows what else before but don't remember it. Adds a bit of another layer to their interactions.

Snow is such a dumb bitch. I'm sorry but so dumb. "I'm the best tracker in this town!" but she can't tell that the creepy lady who wears lots of green, who nobody knew from Storybrook the first time or from the Enchanted Forest before the curse, who keeps rubbing up on her baby bump might be worth having a second look at. Nope. Just sits there and drinks whatever she gives her. I would not be sad if Snow were to bite the dust at some point too.

Btw, did you guys check out the promo for next week? It's hilarious. So camp.

I just saw it, so funny.

The ABC promo people are so bad at their jobs! Have you seen when the cast tweet during the show? There's so many hashtags they can pretty much only tweet yes or no to leave enough space for them all. #askonce #wickediscoming #savehenry #uglyducklings #ishouldbeonabettershowthanthis

• Advertisement

ABC promotion is the worst. I think that's the only thing the entire fandom agrees on. LOL.

Advertisement