Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Aww be fair. This time it's local residents who are concerned about late night noise and anti social activity. Could be some of the people living in the apartment block across the street. ;)

I see the aforementioned property owner mentioned on the planning application online mind you. I do understand the concerns from locals To be fair but I'm not sure if it will make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, a hundred metres away from the present noise.

We are going off in a bit of a tangent here mind you and don't want Muffler to get his big stick out :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IP freely wrote: »
    don't want Muffler to get his big stick out :pac::p
    Leave my body parts out of the discussion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

e-cigarrette shop in the diamond centre donegal town (is that a thing any more ) wouldnt have thought there would be business for that but hey its a filled unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

e-cigarrette shop in the diamond centre donegal town (is that a thing any more ) wouldnt have thought there would be business for that but hey its a filled unit.

Really can't see it lasting long, thought the e-cigs trend had finished but who knows.

Good to see construction coming along nicely for Supermacs in town, word is it is to be done by August now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The Diamond Centre, or E Cigarrette Shops? Been a while since I passed through it, but think its a shame to see it so empty and bare, compared to when it first opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Motley Crow", which describes itself as a "24 hour anti café" whatever that means opening in the old Letterkenny railway station weigh-bridge building.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    The Diamond Centre, or E Cigarrette Shops? Been a while since I passed through it, but think its a shame to see it so empty and bare, compared to when it first opened.

downstairs of the diamond centre is now full, the outlet, specsavers and the eciggie shop

Maybe your thinking of the millcourt ?

downstairs of the diamond centre is now full, the outlet, specsavers and the eciggie shop

Maybe your thinking of the millcourt ?

That I am.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Motley Crow", which describes itself as a "24 hour anti café" whatever that means opening in the old Letterkenny railway station weigh-bridge building.

Dafuq is this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

retalivity wrote: »
    Dafuq is this??

According to wikipedia
    "Anti-café is a place where people meet and spend time (either for leisure or work), similar to a café or a club, which is possible to rent for a short time. Unlike a normal café, the primary purpose anti-café is intended to serve is communication rather consumption, but as in a regular café customers can order tea, coffee or other beverages. Typically, anti-cafés provide snacks and desserts, board games, coworking facilities, wireless Internet access, films and video game consoles (such as Xbox or PlayStation). Customers pay for time spent in the anti-café rather than for these additional facilities"

Seems like a really cool idea if it is as above, I hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember leaving the 8 show of a film with a friend and wanted to head somewhere else for a bit and apart from pubs, takeaways and Tesco, there was nowhere. I would like to see how a 24 hour/late opening café or diner would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

not quite a new business as such but motiv8 fitness gyms have moved to the old new and used cancer charity premises and are now open 24 hours

€30 a month for use of the gym with fingerprint technology to enter the gym, though it is always staffed

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember leaving the 8 show of a film with a friend and wanted to head somewhere else for a bit and apart from pubs, takeaways and Tesco, there was nowhere. I would like to see how a 24 hour/late opening café or diner would do.

Agree that we need a late night alternative to the pubs but not sure it's in the right location. Somewhere nearer the cinema or the theatre might be more suitable. Still, best of luck to them.

I see Sister Sara's pub on the corner of the Port Rd and Pearse Rd in Letterkenny has reopened this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

New Pat's Pizza is opening on Kilmacrennan Road. The sign went up today but I could not see if it is takeaway only or sit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

annascott wrote: »
    New Pat's Pizza is opening on Kilmacrennan Road. The sign went up today but I could not see if it is takeaway only or sit in.

Some pics on their facebook page has bar style seating and since its a double unit I'd be surprised if it wasn't sit in.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I see the Taj takeaway on Main St, Donegal Town has changed name to Bombay Brasserie...

I'm not sure much, if anything, has changed.

Good to see the new Supamacs/Service station coming on well at the roundabout on the Clar side of Donegal town, and planned open date?

Noticed the sign on the Killybegs side of Mullens roundabout with a turn for Retail Park, on the Donegal Side it has been scrubed out, could this be a sign of something definetly happening? On a google search it mentioned new Bus Termini planned for there, but article is behind a paywall.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Good to see the new Supamacs/Service station coming on well at the roundabout on the Clar side of Donegal town, and planned open date?

Noticed the sign on the Killybegs side of Mullens roundabout with a turn for Retail Park, on the Donegal Side it has been scrubed out, could this be a sign of something definetly happening? On a google search it mentioned new Bus Termini planned for there, but article is behind a paywall.

doubt it. they had to get the roundabout put in first as a part of the planning apparently. i would have thought they'll only continue with the rest when they have an anchor tenant.

supermacs opening in july allegedly, like the town needs another takeaway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

August apparently for the Supermacs/Londis/Top Oil "plaza" according to Eye On Donegal mag.

As for the place over at the Mullans, I did notice all works seem to have stopped. I'd imagine they didn't go to all that expense laying that big drain and roundabout without being pretty sure they've got tenants, though maybe they've no fully confirmed anchor tenant? We can but guess.

byte wrote: »
    without liam hyland and the Donegal times We can but guess.

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Ballyshannon fire station closing if that counts.......... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

supermacs opening in july allegedly, like the town needs another takeaway

Is that the first Supermac's in the county? I lived up there a few years ago and to the best of my knowledge, there was none at the time, the closest were in Sligo or the Foyleside in Derry. To a man from the West of Ireland, that was weird!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is that the first Supermac's in the county? I lived up there a few years ago and to the best of my knowledge, there was none at the time, the closest were in Sligo or the Foyleside in Derry. To a man from the West of Ireland, that was weird!

Still the case. Four Lanterns probably got in on the franchise burger market earlier than McDonagh did.

Pat's was due to open today. Just in time for the rally weekend crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pat's was due to open today. Just in time for the rally weekend crowd.

Opened at 12. Was past it a few times and it didn't settle the whole day by the looks of it. Prime spot between Pramerica, Optum, Medisize and the school during term time.

Not to mention the number of houses up that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

But are the pizzas as good as the main street location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 NightStone

I see a new "Tank and skinnies seaside" restaurant/coffee shop in that building on the pier in buncrana .
    And there now seems to be a kids arcade/amusements place as I went round the one way system before the main Street .
    Possible star arcade or something
    also in buncrana

Advertisement