Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jimmii wrote: »
    All but dead now wouldn't bother with it at all unfortunately. Used to be a handy feature.

I think someone on here mentioned that the guy running it had pretty much given up running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    If last season's anything to go by, then fplstatistics.co.uk has to be seen as the most accurate. Id be surprised if fpl changed the formula for a second season running - the first price rise(s) - possibly tonight and the picture will start to become clearer

Crack the code wasn't too bad once they figured out the thresholds either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

PARlance wrote: »
    I think someone on here mentioned that the guy running it had pretty much given up running it.

Yeh that was me! Family life got in the way. Getting old sucks!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh that was me! Family life got in the way. Getting old sucks!

You've just reminded me that my kids nappies probably need a change. Think they're in the same ones since I nearly knee jerked Aguero into my team last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fplstats have Gomez for a rise tonight, Darmian and Mahrez very close also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

fplstats have Gomez for a rise tonight, Darmian and Mahrez very close also

They are borderline. If a lot of wildcards are in play it could well be tomorrow night or Thursday before they rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

zarquon wrote: »
    They are borderline. If a lot of wildcards are in play it could well be tomorrow night or Thursday before they rise.

In fairness, fplstats do (or at least try to) take into account wildcard transfers when calculating their predictions. Otherwise the aforementioned 3 would be well above the threshold already

In fairness, fplstats do (or at least try to) take into account wildcard transfers when calculating their predictions. Otherwise the aforementioned 3 would be well above the threshold already

It'll take several weeks for wildcard info to be accrued and accounted for. Right now the stats are based on pure transfer info irrespective of wildcards so will be contain a margin of error.

I'd be fairly confident that a chunk of the gomez and mahrez transfers are wildcard related as they are cheap enablers and almost every wildcarder would include them. Albrighton might split the wildcard selection on Mahrez but of the 93k transfers for Gomez i would not be surprised to see at least 20% of those related to wildcard. As long as wildcards are not included again then he won't change tonight despite being at 105% on fpls

Nobody, no one.

(Early flight today, I'm not that obsessed with price rises.... just yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PARlance wrote: »
    Nobody, no one.

(Early flight today, I'm not that obsessed with price rises.... just yet)

3 Risers Darmian, Gomez and Mahrez. Looks like FPL are still the best.
    2 Dropped De Gea and Ulloa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Colking wrote: »
    3 Risers Darmian, Gomez and Mahrez. Looks like FPL are still the best.
    2 Dropped De Gea and Ulloa
    Jeez :eek:...

When I checked earlier (9 am GMT+1) nothing had changed. It's a little thing but it's annoying that FPL is always so obscure about price changes. I didn't rush Gomez in yesterday night 'cause I felt I hadn't finished my "homeworks" regarding the organisation of my defense. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Jeez :eek:...

When I checked earlier (9 am GMT+1) nothing had changed. It's a little thing but it's annoying that FPL is always so obscure about price changes. I didn't rush Gomez in yesterday night 'cause I felt I hadn't finished my "homeworks" regarding the organisation of my defense. Ah well...

So do we havea new time for price changes? I was up with kids around 3.30 and nothing. Iroced nothing at iam irish time. Changed between 8 and 9 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

sorry for asking a supid question but how do the price changes work..:o

Like last season say- I had Silva at £8.5m or whatever then his price rose to £9.0m, if I sell him I should get £9.0m but it seemed to only give me the price I paid £8.5m when I sold him.

Should it not be the case that if I bought Darmian for £5.5m & his price rises I get the higher price in return? Likewise if I had De Gea at £5.5m & his price fell I would get the lower amount back for him?

Just confused as I seemed to get back the price I initially paid for a player in last seasons game regardless of price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

sorry for asking a supid question but how do the price changes work..:o

Like last season say- I had Silva at £8.5m or whatever then his price rose to £9.0m, if I sell him I should get £9.0m but it seemed to only give me the price I paid £8.5m when I sold him.

Should it not be the case that if I bought Darmian for £5.5m & his price rises I get the higher price in return? Likewise if I had De Gea at £5.5m & his price fell I would get the lower amount back for him?

Just confused as I seemed to get back the price I initially paid for a player in last seasons game regardless of price changes.

There's a "selling fee" of 50% for every rise a player makes. So for owners of Darmian the selling price would still be 5.5, but if he rose to 5.7 then you could sell him for 5.6 if you had him from the start.

FHFC wrote: »
    So do we havea new time for price changes? I was up with kids around 3.30 and nothing. Iroced nothing at 8am irish time. Changed between 8 and 9 am?
    I presume it's just the first days. It did happen last year (and the ones before) that price changes occured in the morning at times (or even not at all a couple of times). I can't really remember precisely how it started though...

If they do change it this way though, it'll change the forum habits. No need for late nights, it'll be early mornings :p...

iroced wrote: »
    I presume it's just the first days. It did happen last year (and the ones before) that price changes occured in the morning at times (or even not at all a couple of times). I can't really remember precisely how it started though...

If they do change it this way though, it'll change the forum habits. No need for late nights, it'll be early mornings :p...

Cheers. Didn't remember it changing in the morning before. I remember one night early on last season they didn't change at all even though players were definitely due to rise.

There's a "selling fee" of 50% for every rise a player makes. So for owners of Darmian the selling price would still be 5.5, but if he rose to 5.7 then you could sell him for 5.6 if you had him from the start.

Great, thanks so much for that! Tempted to buy De Gea now...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,927 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Great, thanks so much for that! Tempted to buy De Gea now...

But you'd lose a .1 on him. Unless you're joking.

CSF wrote: »
    But you'd lose a .1 on him. Unless you're joking.

No..I wasn't. Was kinda thinking I could sell Courtois for 5.5 but De Gea for 5.4 (making profit of 0.1. I have 0.5 in bank) and in the event that he stays his price will rise again once he is getting regular game time.

Having said that I doubt Van Gaal wil play him again until the transfer windown closes so his price may drop again. Realistically I most likely will not buy him as he will probably be sold. (Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud)

When is there a specific point in the week that prices change?

No..I wasn't. Was kinda thinking I could sell Courtois for 5.5 but De Gea for 5.4 (making profit of 0.1. I have 0.5 in bank) and in the event that he stays his price will rise again once he is getting regular game time.

Having said that I doubt Van Gaal wil play him again until the transfer windown closes so his price may drop again. Realistically I most likely will not buy him as he will probably be sold. (Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud)

When is there a specific point in the week that prices change?

Changes can occur every day in the morning time GMT.

You wouldn't be making a profit or loss buying him at 5.4 it seems much more likely he will go down again if anything though. If he does convince LVG he wants to play though then I can see him being back up to 5.5 pretty quick but you would still need him to hit 5.6 to make a profit when selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Cheers. Didn't remember it changing in the morning before. I remember one night early on last season they didn't change at all even though players were definitely due to rise.

The lazy buggers take off NYE as well

Interesting that all three rose last night. Confirmation that not many wildcards are in play or worse, that wildcard transfers are included now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

The lazy buggers take off NYE as well

There was also one fairly late last season where a good few changes were predicted and nothing at all happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bringing Mahrez in early paid off. Valuable 0.1 saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Did fpl stats accurately predict those changes? Or any other site for that matter?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Did fpl stats accurately predict those changes? Or any other site for that matter?
    Only checked FPLS.

Mahrez was predicted.
    Gomez & Darmian were very close (> 95%).

Don't know about the fallers (since I had no players involved... for now at least).

MR NINE wrote: »

Mahrez was definitely over 100%. With the changes happening so late its hard to know if the others were over at the normal time or if they were over just before the actual change etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was actually debating a -4 of Ivan to Gomes which would have left me with enough cash to upgrade Sakho to Aguero next week. I guess I'm back to the drawing board.

Remy and Bamford set to drop tonight on both Fpls and fffix. Kozak also dropping on Fpls and for some reason doesn't exist on fffix.

Walcott -70% on Ffix, -68.9 on Fpls. Good correlation.

Hazard 9% to a drop. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Need Walcott to get to deadline without dropping.

Advertisement