Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Is he nailed on though? How do you see the front 7 lining up?

Cabaye Jedinak Punch
    Zaha Wickham/Bamford Bolasie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is Silva worth the 10m punt or is there a better way into the City team? I think having Silva and dropping him to pick up Aguero could be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is Silva worth the 10m punt or is there a better way into the City team? I think having Silva and dropping him to pick up Aguero could be an option?

he was on fire the tail-end of last season so could well be. looked sharp in pre-season too. i'd have him only i'm one 1m short!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MagicIRL wrote: »

He isn't a punt, he's a proven FPL scorer that will give consistent results. Is he really a captain choice? No, but I have him in my side and expect him to continue the great form of last season. Sterling could easily outscore him or flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM starting role for the opening games. He has played almost all of the preaseason and Europa league there, and captained them after Sahko went off in one of the games - he's only 16!!

West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?

If was had a chance of staking a claim for games he could actually be worth a 4.0 punt ahead of Saylor and Targett who, while they are pretty certain to start GW1, will also almost certainly be dropped by GW3 when Colocini/Bertrand return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

manual_man wrote: »
    has Ossie Ardiles taken over the reigns :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:p
    I mean bar the GK and Def

But I would love to see some Oisse Adiles formations back again! :D

FHFC wrote: »
    Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM starting role for the opening games. He has played almost all of the preaseason and Europa league there, and captained them after Sahko went off in one of the games - he's only 16!!

West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?

If was had a chance of staking a claim for games he could actually be worth a 4.0 punt ahead of Saylor and Targett who, while they are pretty certain to start GW1, will also almost certainly be dropped by GW3 when Colocini/Bertrand return.

From the times I've popped into FFS, West Ham fans seem to think Obiang will start at DM until Alex Song is resigned/fit

From the times I've popped into FFS, West Ham fans seem to think Obiang will start at DM until Alex Song is resigned/fit

Will be keeping a close eye, a few of the FPL twitter accounts were rating him as a pretty likely starter.

1.3% ownership, if he got a run even for a few games he could be this years Dier bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM .....West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?
    Probable West Ham lineup (IMO) ....

Adrian
    Jenkinson -- Reid -- Obinna -- Cresswell---
    Obiang -- Noble---Kouyate
    --Zarate
    Payet----
    Sakho

Jenkinson is unavailable for first day so O'Brien will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probable West Ham lineup (IMO) ....

Adrian
    Jenkinson -- Reid -- Obinna -- Cresswell---
    Obiang -- Noble---Kouyate
    --Zarate
    Payet----
    Sakho

Jenkinson is unavailable for first day so O'Brien will start.

You reckon Tompkins will be on the bench

What are our thoughts on Pedro? Seems likely to move to Man U, and will definitely shake up the attacking dynamic a bit. I'm currently on Depay myself, but may sway to Mata if Pedro signs, Mata will almost exclusively play in the middle (which suits him the best i think) if Pedro signs, as opposed to drifting out wide which he's done quite a bit during pre-season. Mata's set piece duties (predominantly on corners and indirect frees, as well as pens if things continue on from last season) is also influencing my thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What are our thoughts on Pedro? Seems likely to move to Man U, and will definitely shake up the attacking dynamic a bit. I'm currently on Depay myself, but may sway to Mata if Pedro signs, Mata will almost exclusively play in the middle (which suits him the best i think) if Pedro signs, as opposed to drifting out wide which he's done quite a bit during pre-season. Mata's set piece duties (predominantly on corners and indirect frees, as well as pens if things continue on from last season) is also influencing my thinking

Definitely going to throw a spanner in the works. I think it would be a good reason to look at other options and see if one of the United players stands out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Unless I've missed something (and I'll admit I'm not overly checking the transfer news), why do people still expect Villa to sign Adebayor?

I think he and Gestede would be too similar. Sherwood for me has gone for the Benin Benteke over Ade.
    It's just a matter of when not if from what I've seen. I know you know Beninteke better than I do but I can see him being used by Sherwood as a launching pad for Villa's 100 crosses a game. I can see Adebayor being used otherwise to run the channels and add that bit of class up front that Villa wouldn't have otherwise had with Benteke gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

going for Rooney only for first few weeks
    then switch him to aguero and get in one of depay Pedro or mata
    the talk is of a 433 with depay left Rooney centre Pedro right
    makes them both very appealing but where does it leave mata.......

km79 wrote: »

Mata in the hole behind Rooney. Young on the bench!

• Advertisement

Mata in the hole behind Rooney. Young on the bench!

that's if he sticks with 4231 rather than a conventional 433 which is what he says he wants to do
    that leaves the front 3 as I said and then ya have a good few options in midfield
    be harsh on mata but I get the feeling he doesn't REALLY trust him and that's why I've decided to leave him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anything under 9.5 and I will be straight onto Pedro. He is a perfect ff player if classified as a mid as he will score 10 goals minimum. I'd expect him to be in the top 4 mid pointswise.

Anything under 9.5 and I will be straight onto Pedro. He is a perfect ff player if classified as a mid as he will score 10 goals minimum. I'd expect him to be in the top 4 mid pointswise.

I'd imagine he will be 8.5\9
    around the same as Walcott ;)

9.0 would be my bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

I have him in my team atm - whatever that is worth I don't know :)

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »

This is it. LVG has apparently said his prefered front 3 is Depay left, Rooney centre and Pedro right. Assuming Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger will play in the pivot that just leaves 1 spot for Mata, Hererra, Young, Fellaini, Carrick. For me Mata would be the man for that no 10 role but theres a degree of risk.

Pedro will be superb at the right price as stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is it. LVG has apparently said his prefered front 3 is Depay left, Rooney centre and Pedro right. Assuming Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger will play in the pivot that just leaves 1 spot for Mata, Hererra, Young, Fellaini, Carrick. For me Mata would be the man for that no 10 role but theres a degree of risk.

Way too exposed in midfield if Mata plays with the aforementioned IMO.

It'll have to be something like the below for me:
    Schneiderlin Carrick Schweinsteiger

Depay
    Pedro

Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Just read that he might not arrive until after the Super Cup next Tuesday

Paully D wrote: »

Depay
    Pedro

Rooney
    yes if Pedro comes mata is in trouble in my opinion

Paully D wrote: »

Depay
    Pedro

Rooney

leaves them lacking in an experienced set-piece taker though, that may be Mata's saving grace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pedro schhmedro. Nuttin signed yet.

Half a dozen ppl had Adebayor in there draft last week and he still hasn't signed for Villa.

Think I'll leave a space free up front for Benzema while I'm at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

leaves them lacking in an experienced set-piece taker though, that may be Mata's saving grace

You've never seen Memphis hit a free kick have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:

Schweinsteiger should take a lot of set pieces if he starts.

spock. wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger should take a lot of set pieces if he starts.

Really? I wasn't aware that was his forte

8-10 wrote: »
    You've never seen Memphis hit a free kick have you?

Indirect frees and corners (ie the vast majority) was more what I had I mind when mentioning set pieces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

I've asked this in the general chat forum with no reply it might be more appropriate here. Anybody think that Ya Ya toure is good value at the price. Surprised that he has not a higher selection %. Am I missing something

ironmonkey wrote: »
    I've asked this in the general chat forum with no reply it might be more appropriate here. Anybody think that Ya Ya toure is good value at the price. Surprised that he has not a higher selection %. Am I missing something

He was pretty lackluster last season and doesn't seem to be in line for a free attacking role. Pens in lieu of Aguero are the main weapon in his locker

He's at that sort of price where he hasn't been priced out like last year, will be good to have when the right fixtures come along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

He will be on pens until Kun is back and will share free kick duties with Kolarov so ya he's a decent option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    It's just a matter of when not if from what I've seen. I know you know Beninteke better than I do but I can see him being used by Sherwood as a launching pad for Villa's 100 crosses a game. I can see Adebayor being used otherwise to run the channels and add that bit of class up front that Villa wouldn't have otherwise had with Benteke gone.

I don't think Ade off Rudy would work though. Ade is too lazy. It's a quick striker that'll thrive off Rudy's support play that Villa need. That's why King and Rhodes worked well with Gestede at Blackburn.

Villa need someone to be Robbie Keane to Gestede's Niall Quinn! That's why Gabby might actually suit if he got a head on his shoulders and tried to play with a bit of thought.

I'm keeping an eye on Rudy. He'll trouble any defence but I just want to see how Villa utilise him. His main role may be to create chances for others.

Gnabry to WBA on loan. Very interesting. Great signing.

Gnabry to WBA on loan. Very interesting. Great signing.

My issue with Gnabry/Berahino/Lambert etc is that there is a flipside to Pulis' excellent defensive record. I think West Brom will be doing well to average much more than a goal a game this season. Leaves their attacking players fighting for crumbs in a sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bournemouth have signed Max Gradel from St Etienne. Seemingly a very attacking midfielder, scoring 17 goals in Ligue 1 last season. He's had spells in the lower leagues with Leeds and Bournemouth, where he didn't have a great scoring record, but last season seemed to be a bit of a breakout for him. He comes in at 6.0 - potentially a Prodston-esque punt :pac:

Edit: Actually I was just taking a look at his Wikipedia page, and his record for Leeds was not bad at all. 22 goals in 63 appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Bournemouth have signed Max Gradel from St Etienne.

Loved this guy at Leeds. He pretty much got himself signed by winning over the fans during his loan spell. Was thinking of swapping hendo for him and freeing up a mil but would he be straight in the team???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Bournemouth have signed Max Gradel from St Etienne. Seemingly a very attacking midfielder, scoring 17 goals in Ligue 1 last season. He's had spells in the lower leagues with Leeds and Bournemouth, where he didn't have a great scoring record, but last season seemed to be a bit of a breakout for him. He comes in at 6.0 - potentially a Prodston-esque punt :pac:

Edit: Actually I was just taking a look at his Wikipedia page, and his record for Leeds was not bad at all. 22 goals in 63 appearances.

Flagged him last week when it was close to being sealed

Was incredible for us (Leeds)

He's 70 goals in 220 games which is top notch for a winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So hard to predict the Bournemouth line up, he may be brought in to facilitate Aguero in WC week if he starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blackburn fan here.

A few things. Josh King only played a couple of times last season, he had two good games in the FA Cup run. I've noticed a couple of people getting excited about King's transfer and thinking he could be good value in FPL but I don't think so. He is a very in and out player. The one thing he does have is blinding pace but if it wasn't enough to earn him anymore than five starts last season in the Championship then I don't see how it makes him a good bet in the Premier league.

Rudy Gestede was a bargain buy for Rovers at 200k or thereabouts a season and half back. The man is fantastic in the air, I'd say better than Benteke at that, and he is a proven goalscorer over the past two seasons. He is making the step up to the EPL now but I think he will do well there. He is good with his feet as well as his head and he will score goals. Ayew is a bit of a quandary because he didn't do very well for a couple of seasons but seems to have improved over the last 12 months. He is the one that could benefit most from playing with Gestede.

I still don't understand how Cardiff never gave Rudy a chance. We snapped him up and he was an instant success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any 4m hero defenders knocking around who look like getting game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Nope. Maybe Taylor but Coloccini has just signed a new contract

P.Walnuts wrote: »

none that one can say with any degree of certainty that will keep their place long-term! for GW1 we're looking at Targett and Taylor

• Advertisement

Jonny Evans to Stoke. You heard it here first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

none that one can say with any degree of certainty that will keep their place long-term! for GW1 we're looking at Targett and Taylor

Who looks best at 4.5m in Defence and Midfield so far?

Who looks best at 4.5m in Defence and Midfield so far?

no one stands out so far. i think ownership-wise Wanyama(mid) and O Shea(def) are the most selected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

no one stands out so far. i think ownership-wise Wanyama(mid) and O Shea(def) are the most selected

Cheers dude

Would Morgan at Leicester be a good shout played a lot last season.

Cheers dude

Would Morgan at Leicester be a good shout played a lot last season.

not sure if he'll play the weekend but a good option in the long run i think yeah

• Advertisement
Advertisement