Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm sure there's a few parted E65s up Traynors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

These 7s are dropping into parts car territory, sweet!

That's a dangerous territory to get into. It can slowly take control of available space, unless you're OCD about it.
    The chap I picked my gearbox off, had 3 sets of alloy wheels in one bedroom, a leather interior in another and the remains of an entire gtv in his kitchen...it really had got out of hand.
    Even mines getting out if hand, I've 3 complete gtv rear suspensions, one on the car and two as just in cases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That's a dangerous territory to get into. It can slowly take control of available space, unless you're OCD about it.
    The chap I picked my gearbox off, had 3 sets of alloy wheels in one bedroom, a leather interior in another and the remains of an entire gtv in his kitchen...it really had got out of hand.
    Even mines getting out if hand, I've 3 complete gtv rear suspensions, one on the car and two as just in cases :(

+1 , ive started using the old e38 seats as house seats and the rest of the interior is shoved behind a curtain so I can pretend its not taking up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

ofcork wrote: »
    $_20.JPG

03 S Class for sale on gt cork for 3750,petrol but doesn't say engine size.

I just bought this :o

€2,650 asking price, so you got it for a bit less presumably?

If it's solid you got yourself some bargain! Well wear and happy luxobarging :)

Amazing that they faxed the car every week :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

+1 , ive started using the old e38 seats as house seats and the rest of the interior is shoved behind a curtain so I can pretend its not taking up space.
    Soon be time to live in the car and break the house! :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

unkel wrote: »
    €2,650 asking price, so you got it for a bit less presumably?

If it's solid you got yourself some bargain! Well wear and happy luxobarging :)

Amazing that they faxed the car every week :p

it took me a while too but he "waxed" it every week :)

got it for a bit less alright, not much. It's low enough spec for an S class (no heated seats/memory seats), no rear DVD... but very clean inside!

hopefully can afford to keep it on the road now :pac:

Twas a bargain already without getting a cent off. On the continent I'd say it would be worth 4 times what you paid for it.

Now enjoy refined luxurious motoring in style and smile (just to yourself) every time you overtake a newish Korean diesel econobox (costing its owner more than your S-class costs you) :D

Oh and, pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd love one of those, albeit a 730d :/

If you are into e65 don't discount a 730i completely, ok you won't get the same hum as a V8 but performance figures are very close (especially facelift 05 on) and even closer at real world driving cruising at (xxx insert preferred cruising speed here) KM on the motorway. I follow a UK BMW forum one guy put 285,000 on his 730i with no major faults. GOOD CAR :-)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

If all works out like I'd want it to, I might have a luxobarge alongside my E46 next year :D

Not going back to college this year as I didn't get any offers :pac: so no need for a terrible econobox!

Checked with some insurance companies and Aviva are happy enough to provide insurance for an E65 745i suprisingly.

• Advertisement

Sobanek wrote: »
    If all works out like I'd want it to, I might have a luxobarge alongside my E46 next year :D

Not going back to college this year as I didn't get any offers :pac: so no need for a terrible econobox!

Checked with some insurance companies and Aviva are happy enough to provide insurance for an E65 745i suprisingly.

You wont regret going to V8 town , its the only way to keep a smile on your face while your pockets are empty

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Brasso

cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-bmw-750il-nct-06-15-bargain/7556081
    Here's a cheap facelift E66, maybe a little too cheap though so buyer beware!

Brasso wrote: »
    cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-bmw-750il-nct-06-15-bargain/7556081
    Here's a cheap facelift E66, maybe a little too cheap though so buyer beware!

"ideal for export"
    its fcuked and wont pass NCT, probably something engine wise wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

"ideal for export"

Nct until June next year...
    You'd only buy that though after getting someone like valdas to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Brasso

"ideal for export"

Yeah when I read that I was kinda thinking he meant "ideal for selling to somebody who will never be able to find you again". Still though I don't think the market here values that particular car a huge amount more than 5k, there's another 750 on donedeal for 9k which seems to have been up for a while, so I'd say it is possible to get a good one for less than 8k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Why, do you need a donor car for parts? Is yours that bad? :p

lol, haven't needed a part this year touch wood, it's proving to be very reliable and three people I know who own E65/66s haven't had a moments bother either. Nice to have a parts car on hand though, but space, as mentioned, becomes an issue.

Prime example of Luxobarge value below from this afternoon. Between my car and the 760i in front, the value would have been €350,000+.

You'd get a hair over €15,000 now I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

32383791.jpeg

€795 GS300 with NCT till Jan 15

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

lol, haven't needed a part this year touch wood, it's proving to be very reliable and three people I know who own E65/66s haven't had a moments bother either. Nice to have a parts car on hand though, but space, as mentioned, becomes an issue.

Prime example of Luxobarge value below from this afternoon. Between my car and the 760i in front, the value would have been €350,000+.

You'd get a hair over €15,000 now I reckon.

I'm down that street regularly - my folks live there. You might see my barge parked on the road occasionally. Blue 98 CL420.

I'm about Dundalk all week but never really have reason to go down that road, can't say I've ever seen a 98 CL about, will keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Casati

Why? It would cost thousands more than a V8 petrol to buy and unless you are extremely lucky it will cost more to maintain. You only save about €300 in tax. Nothing in insurance. It's far less refined, but yes if you do big miles, you'll save significantly on fuel

So only 1 significant argument in favour. And even that is a non-argument because if you convert it to LPG, your V8 petrol will have a lower total cost of ownership than the diesel.

Can you run on LPG all the time/ i read you are meant to switch on the petrol on long journeys- but I won't be surprised if Im wrong with that one?

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    Can you run on LPG all the time/ i read you are meant to switch on the petrol on long journeys- but I won't be surprised if Im wrong with that one?

Surprise! You're wrong :)

In most modern systems, LPG switches on after only a few seconds / less than a minute and yes once it's on you can run it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

C200 Auto
    Test April '15
    Asking €600

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-c200/7039177

29958643.jpeg

I ment to post this in Bangernomics..!
    Sorry Guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread ;) Nice find though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

JohnxF wrote: »
    I'm down that street regularly - my folks live there. You might see my barge parked on the road occasionally. Blue 98 CL420.

Thought i saw you coming out of dundalk fri or sat last week in it.
    bulletproof machine !

JohnxF wrote: »
    blingrhino wrote: »
    Thought i saw you coming out of dundalk fri or sat last week in it.
    bulletproof machine !

Was that you driving over the Hill St. bridge today, glasses? First time I ever saw the car, few days after you posting online about it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

Was that you driving over the Hill St. bridge today, glasses? First time I ever saw the car, few days after you posting online about it. :D

Indeed it was. About 6:15? That was you in the 7 so? I think I saw you on the bridge about the same time yesterday but I was on the bicycle then!

John.

Yup, small world! I half waved after I put two and two together, great looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A room you should get. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Esel wrote: »
    A room you should get. :D

plenty of room in the back of a 7 :cool:

Bit of grinder meets donedeal? grindeal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

That leg room in the E66...

This discussion has been closed.