Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was tiring watching it. Hard to begrudge England the win overall but if Ireland had just been a bit more slicker (that Trimble opportunity in the first half, that BOD lay-off that Sexton missed in the second etc.)

Ah well. Still a lot to play for, but I agree with Diabhal that the English are the favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yea Sexton was off his game today imo , there is times like this where you do miss O Gara . But he did have a decent game against Wales 2 weeks ago . Its a pity he seems to have a very hit and miss . Plus at the moment there is no really ready yet to be a back up . I know they tried Jackson but he was far from ready
    Tbh I doubt Jackson will ever be ready to make a big impact from the bench fair true for what they said about us transitioning from Rodge/Humpries to Rodge/Sexton & Sexton/Jackson doesn't have the same ring to it. O'Gara was so great at game management too, if we had him to come on after 55 mins tonite it would of helped.

Whats up with Whatsapp tonite?
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whats up with Whatsapp tonite?
    Anyone know?

Wasnt it bought by Facebook the other day? Could be some sort of change over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So I recorded my TV Quizshow for TV3 the other day. It's called Crossfire and it's gonna air in April and I'll be on the first ever showing of it. Make it part of your WrestleMania Weekend if you can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    So I recorded my TV Quizshow for TV3 the other day. It's called Crossfire and it's gonna air in April and I'll be on the first ever showing of it. Make it part of your WrestleMania Weekend if you can :)

As a man who has met you in real life, I look forward to this :D

Im hoping for moments like this :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

That is it for 4 more years till the next winter games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Harold Ramis passsef away today
    A great actor and Director

Harold Ramis passsef away today
    A great actor and Director

Sad news indeed, ill never forget going to my first day of school with my GB backpack and begging my mam to change my name to Egon as I thought the kids would laugh at Joseph. How lucky I was she ignored that plea.

Don't cross the beams :o RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sad news. What ever happened to Ghostbusters 3 which seemed to be in the pipeline forever?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whoop! The Panel Reunion Show on tonight in Vicar Street.

A show which defined a chunk of my writing and comedy style as an impressionable student, so hugely excited for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It might be for the best United don't get through here, they would be hammered horribly against a really decent side:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I tell ya what United won't be doing: hitting 10K posts.

I tell ya what United won't be doing: hitting 10K posts.

Well done Diabhal!
    Moyes is just a Hodgsonesque loser at this stage

Starting to like United a lot. Soccer forum is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hope I'm wrong, but I fancy United will still go through.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fancy United will still go through.

I don't see that happening the heart and passion of the players is very much lacking. It looks like they're losing faith in Moyes big time.

Jack-Donaghy-Crying-Into-Pillow-30-Rock.gif

And a bit of this thrown in...

tumblr_md8vq0oSzw1qzjrx8.gif

Glad I missed the match tbh.

The Panel Reunion was awesome. Was the usual crowd with Tubridy, Rubberbandits, Gordon D'Arcy and Roy O'Neil. Was great seeing them all back together and was a brilliant 3 hours of comedy. Much better than watching Moyes slowly murder the team I love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bill Hicks died twenty years ago today. Probably my favourite stand-up comic.

Sucks that he died so young.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bill Hicks died twenty years ago today. Probably my favourite stand-up comic.

Sucks that he died so young.

hadn't seen this one before

• Advertisement

Is there a good Android VPN app that doesn't charge? Just wanna watch Yank Netflix on my phone but it cannae use the Hola app. Or any US Netflix app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Was into the solicitor today. We got calling and I mentioned that my mother and myself where looking into leaving the country. She has offered to look into it for us to move state side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Linda Martin taking no prisoners on LLS Eurosong tonight standing up for Lulu Walsh poor Billy from Aslan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Breaking John Gilligan was shot in Clondalkin!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rovert wrote: »
    Breaking John Gilligan was shot in Clondalkin!

Could not happen to a nicer person

Which member of Aslan was it?

-Louis Walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I hear that Gilligan is critical... To be fair, I would be too if someone shot me. It's not a very nice thing to do.

Just did my shave or dye last night and im not gonna lie i feel a bit naked on the head without all my hair (Well bar my brand new mohawk ha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Which member of Aslan was it?

-Louis Walsh

Billy McGuinness

Lulu Walsh kinda made a comment of him being on drugs which now RTE may have to pay out damages for :p

Just did my shave or dye last night and im not gonna lie i feel a bit naked on the head without all my hair (Well bar my brand new mohawk ha)

Fair play to you, well done FR

How much did you raise?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How much did you raise?

It's looking like just over €500

Congrats, its a great feeling isn't it. Great cause and some fun too.

On the subject of fundraising, does boards.ie actually have an area dedicated to such?

I've had an idea that's been kicking round my head, but would need to seek advice on a fundraising platform to use that would allow people to donate money as certain goals were made by an individual.

(So a bit like Kickstarter; people promise money which is taken from them once a set goal is reached. But for a charity).

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Congrats, its a great feeling isn't it. Great cause and some fun too.

Yea was worth it all in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just noticed the US and Canadian netflix have a lot of WWE Dvds

Which are worth watching and which are worth avoiding like the plague?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

deisedude wrote: »
    Just noticed the US and Canadian netflix have a lot of WWE Dvds

Which are worth watching and which are worth avoiding like the plague?

Bret V Shawn, the NWO one, 100 greatest raw moments and the rise and fall of WCW are decent.

Looking forward to big moment of the day: the Italian national anthem.

Looking forward to big moment of the day: the Italian national anthem.

Its not as good without Gigi Buffon singing it louder than everyone else. :)

• Advertisement

YEAY! I get to post a different 30 Rock gif today.

lemon-happyrunaway1.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decent win, I feel a little sorry for Italy to be honest.

Angron wrote: »
    Decent win, I feel a little sorry for Italy to be honest.

Very flattering to us BUT now a win in Paris likely means a 6 Nations Championship

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

GTR63 wrote: »
    Very flattering to us BUT now a win in Paris likely means a 6 Nations Championship
    Yeah, points difference is likely the decider. Barring some astronomical score in the other games, that's in Ireland's favour.

Can't see a win in Paris in all honesty. And I'm never wrong *hides williamhill bet history*

Well France are looking a tad shaky against the Scots.

• Advertisement

Can't see a win in Paris in all honesty. And I'm never wrong *hides williamhill bet history*

But you told me this year was going to be Our Year

Angron wrote: »
    Well France are looking a tad shaky against the Scots.

Different side at home. They can always pull it out of the bag. Especially when they're in a shambles.

Now that's the Scotland we are all familiar with.

If France play like that next week then i cant see why Ireland would not win

Huget though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement