Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Lovely post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hey ladies, did santa come?
    Wondering what you guys are now feeding your guys, are ye still having formula?
    I'm doing weetabux and fruit plus a 7oz in morning, fruit or yoghurt at eleven. Dinner veg meat etc and maybe a 4oz formula depending on her mood. A 7 oz at bedtime then, with maybe liga rusk etc in between

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm doing weetabux and fruit plus a 7oz in morning, fruit or yoghurt at eleven. Dinner veg meat etc and maybe a 4oz formula depending on her mood. A 7 oz at bedtime then, with maybe liga rusk etc in between

The difference between this Christmas and last was unbelievable. She was a wee little 6 week old last year, this year she was tucking into the turkey and roast potatoes. She even tried some sprout gratin :D Santa brought a Smart trike. She's delighted with it. Somehow managed to climb into it by herself when our backs were turned for less than a minute.

She's turned a little fussy with her food at the moment. We've made the move to cows milk over the last few weeks. She has a 7oz bottle when she wakes, a while later she has some weetabix and fruit or Ready Brek and fruit. She might have some yogurt mid morning after her nap or today she snaffled a half a slice of beans and toast. For lunch during the week she'll have a little stew or whatever they are having in granny and Grandads. When she's at home she might have some rice cakes and avocado/Philadelphia/a bit of fruit/a homemade banana or carrot muffin/cheesy lentil wedges/toastie. She'll have maybe 5oz of milk during the day. Dinner is whatever we are having(within reason). For some reason she has started turning up her nose at previous favourites and getting a bit upset. Hopefully it's just a passing phase. She'll have 7oz of milk before bed. She's also offered water several times during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Santa definitely came! He brought a little kitchen for my boy to keep him busy while we make his dinner in the evenings. He was 8 weeks this time last year and we had to shlep him to relatives for Christmas because they felt it would be easier for us to travel with a newborn than them come to us! Our son laughed for the first time on Christmas day last year though and made up for all the hassle! This year people travelled to us and it was a much more relaxed affair as I'm pretty laid back about the whole Christmas deal.

We've moved onto cows milk since he was a year old (thankfully) and he's getting 10 ounces a day in total unless he's sick as he usually goes off his food and we up the volume considerably if he'll drink.

Foodwise we are as follows:
    Breakfast: weetabix/porridge (and the odd time rice crispies) and a 5 ounce beaker of milk
    Morning snack: fruit and yoghurt with water
    Lunch: casserole/stew/shephards pie/spagbol or anything else we're having to be honest (in creche during the week and he gets the same kind of food there too) with water
    Afternoon snack: cheese and toast with water
    Dinner: depends on what was for lunch but usually steamed veg and some meat

Then he gets about 5 ounces of milk about a half hour before bed and that's it for us

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Anyone else still breastfeeding their babas?
    All my dd wants is boob milk, hummus and grapes. She gets porridge in the morning with banana. Hummus with cous cous or rice cake and fruit at lunch and then whatever we're having for dinner.
    Getting pretty hard to say no to her when she sees us having something else especially over Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hey all.

Rory is still coasting. He took a couple of steps over Christmas, but seems content to go around grabbing on to things. He's a decent climber though, a funky dancer and an accomplished troll.

He didn't pull down the Christmas tree, although he did become obsessed with removing the baubles and flinging them at people. He has a love/hate relationship with his big brother. They both vary with their feelings for each other, but they're only very rarely on the same page where they both want to play together.

He eats the same as we do at this stage, which is great.

How are all the other little people?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hey all.

Rory is still coasting. He took a couple of steps over Christmas, but seems content to go around grabbing on to things. He's a decent climber though, a funky dancer and an accomplished troll.

He didn't pull down the Christmas tree, although he did become obsessed with removing the baubles and flinging them at people. He has a love/hate relationship with his big brother. They both vary with their feelings for each other, but they're only very rarely on the same page where they both want to play together.

He eats the same as we do at this stage, which is great.

How are all the other little people?

I'm wondering how my lady will cope with her new sibling come July. She gets very jealous if I hold other babies. She comes running over shouting 'up, up!' She once tried to push my friends 2 year old off my lap!!!

Olivia was great with the tree too. She'd just take two ornaments off and then go away pottering. She's another for busting some funky dance moves.

She was doing great with eating. Bar a couple of weeks of purée we did blw but she's turned into a right fusspot the last few weeks. Granny(who minds her 4 days a week), is blaming her ever emerging mouth full of choppers. She's been getting teeth since 4ish months. I feel like she must have at least 50 now when in reality it was 13/14 at last count. She is extra chompy at the moment. Bites my toes at every chance!

Congrats on the pregnancy Roesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Gaah, have been meaning to update here for ages, only finding the time now :)

First off, many congrats Roesy, I know I already said it on the other thread, it's really great news :) My other half is determined to get me preggers now :D We've a few ducks to get in a row beforehand, moving house possibly and various other things. Can't hang about too long though, 40 is trundling ever closer! :eek:

Hugo is doing great, he's really starting to develop a funny personality. I can see his mental leaps coming thick and fast - the whole cause and effect thing is in full swing; it's great fun watching him make connections and put two and two together. Yesterday, he picked up a grabber thing that his nana has, and started to poke a toy on the floor - he knew the long thing could make the toy come over to him but he wasn't sure how. The other day in my mother's house, he pointed the remote control at the telly, and not only turned it on, but somehow managed to get into the Sky Planner and turn on an episode of Waybuloo :D
    He's also realised the power of comedy, and wastes no opportunity to employ his fake laugh to get a giggle, or squeeze his fists like a madman.
    Eating wise he's more or less eating what we eat do too. I do batch cook and freeze things like lamb tagine, cottage pie, spag bol etc so my partner can quickly defrost something for him when I'm in work. He's a pretty good eater, barring tonight's chicken and mushroom risotto which he not only spat out, he actually scraped off his tongue :p A day's intake would typically be ready brek with banana or blueberries with a beaker of milk or water, an 8oz bottle before his nap, a snack when he wakes up (a mini banana muffin or a slice of toast) and a drink. Lunch would be some omelette, a cheese and avocado sandwich, beans or cheese on toast, a snack a bit later on, baby yogurt and fruit maybe, and then dinner around 6. Another 8oz bottle before bed.
    The Christmas tree survived, he was more interested in trying to eat the baubles. Also wanted to feed them to Eddie my dog. All dogs are ''Aw, Eddie!'' His vocabulary extends to Aw, Eddie, mama, dada, all gone (in very dramatic fashion!) diddle and durdle. And no.
    Walking wise, he's cruising and crawling like a rocket, shooting up and down the stairs, climbing on the couch (including climbing up with his toy dog to sit on my lap - heart melting!) He can stand unaided, and is well able to take a good number of steps but he seems to prefer dropping down and crawling, I think he finds it less effort! I'm sure I'll rue the day I ever wanted him to walk.
    He's being seen by a paediatrician in Temple Street next month about his head circumference. The PHN just wanted to cross all the T's and dot all the I's I'm sure, but it'll be reassuring to have an expert assess him.

It's great fun but tiring! Hope all the other mamas and babas are doing well - wonder who'll be following Roesy :)

That's brilliant news roesy,congrats!! I'm so jealous of your upcoming mat leave 😀 I would love another ten months out. I miss the excitement of being pregnant I loved this thread when we were all ready to pop and giving our twinge updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Hey ladies. I'm pregnant too haha. Not revealing my due date as i don't want to be too identifiable to anyone just incase I want to bitch about my OH or in laws ha!!

Hey ladies. I'm pregnant too haha. Not revealing my due date as i don't want to be too identifiable to anyone just incase I want to bitch about my OH or in laws ha!!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations Lola! I'm not the only mad one then :D

I lol'd at the b itching tjing😀 congrats, great news☺

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Happy New Year ladies and Congrats Roesy & Lolademmers, more exciting times ahead. You must be wrecked, Im knackered going to work every day and Im not preggers! Its been a long time since i have been on here, time just flies doesnt it.

We had lovely Christmas and was nice to have a break from work after a poxy few weeks leading up to it. Little fella ended up in Crumlin hospital with pneumonia but thankfully is all good now. He has been bit unsettled with his sleep since hospital, waking every night and we have kinda gone backwards and resorted to giving him bottle some nights to get him back to sleep - like the early few months! Hopefully he settles down soon.

He is flying around like a lunatic, never sits still for long and his favourite pasttime is throwing one of the ten million balls around the house! He is great fun but also wants to be entertained alot so try to meet up with friends who have kiddies as then he is happy playing away with them. He is definitely has a mischievous streak and knows exactly what we are saying to him but doesnt listen at all when I say no!!

He is a good eater lately but some days decides he doesnt like what he gobbled up the day before! We moved to cows milk when he was 1 and he has bottle first thing in the morning, then weetabix/ready brek and some toast, then he would have a snack around 10 (yoghurt, fruit, raisins, rice cake, scone) and lunch could be chicken & veg or stew/spag bol, another snack in afternoon and maybe 100ml of milk (doesnt really drink much milk during day now) and maybe soup/sambo/toastie (or whatever we having) for tea and then I give him some supper around 6ish and 7/8oz bottle before bed. Yoghurt is by far his favourite food, if all else fails I just give in to yoghurts! Must try some new things after reading some of your posts, must do some cooking this weekend!

Glad to hear everyone doing good and the updates on the little people. It sure is so different to this time last year!
    We all know who is boss in our house and its not me anymore!!

My lad loves yogurts too, as soon as he sees one coming out of the fridge he starts going doolally!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Knock are you sure your child is not my child. They sound remarkably similar! Thanks for the congrats girls. I'm feeling good trying to juggle full time work with my little one and this pregnancy can be a struggle but I think we are doing good. We have an unbelievable amount of support around us though. Have to say I'm loving the thoughts of my maternity leave!!

So, after taking his first wobbly step on his first birthday, and spending the next three months only braving the two steps from the end of couch to the armchair, Hugo got up and started nonchalantly strolling around the house this morning like he owned it :D He has, however, quit napping and eating. Sleep and food is for losers, evidently!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    So, after taking his first wobbly step on his first birthday, and spending the next three months only braving the two steps from the end of couch to the armchair, Hugo got up and started nonchalantly strolling around the house this morning like he owned it :D He has, however, quit napping and eating. Sleep and food is for losers, evidently!!

Go Hugo!!

Hopefully the food and nap things are just passing phases. My little fairy turned into a little nightmare at dinner for a month or two but she's back to being her usual savage self again.

We've been hit by a horrible flu in this house. I'm just over it and my OH has it now. Hoping Olivia isn't next. She seems in good form though. Spent half the morning taking boxes and tea towels off her so she couldn't go running up the hall with them over her eyes.

Hope you all get over the flu, nothing worse than when everyone is sick.

• Advertisement

Go Hugo.

Rory started a few weeks ago. I think he just wanted to dance because it was the first thing he did upon walking.

Hope you all get over the flu, nothing worse than when everyone is sick.

Thanks. I'm definitely coming out the other side. The lack of anything stronger than paracetamol didn't help though especially as I see himself tucked up with his nurofen cold and flu and ready access to cough medicine if he needs it.

Roesy wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm definitely coming out the other side. The lack of anything stronger than paracetamol didn't help though especially as I see himself tucked up with his nurofen cold and flu and ready access to cough medicine if he needs it.

Oh, God, I forgot about that! You poor thing! I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant, and I was the Worst. Patient. Ever! Paracetamol just doesn't cut it!

Hey ladies,
    Just wondering did any of the other October babas start making strange/getting a bit clingy again around the 15 month mark. The last few days my little fairy gets all upset if either of us walk out the room/leave her sight even if the other one is there!! Yesterday we were out for lunch and I got up to go the toilet and all I could hear was the most plaintive cry for 'Mammy'. Same thing happened when my husband went up to pay, the saddest cry for 'daaaaddddddyyyy!' Hoping she snaps out of this one fast!

Funny, my lad seems to be coming out of it a bit at 16mths. He was dreadful for a while - wouldn't even go to his dad if I was around, but he's improved no end. I was starting to think I'd never get him a babysitter!

Whyohwhyohwhyohwhy has my previously brilliant sleeper turned into a nocturnal nightmare? He. Will. Not. F'ing. Sleep! Still awake (and full of beans) at 10.30pm AGAIN! Last night, he went down okay, suddenly woke up at 01.30 and didn't go back to sleep until nearly 4am. I've had juuuuuust about enough!!

Whyohwhyohwhyohwhy has my previously brilliant sleeper turned into a nocturnal nightmare? He. Will. Not. F'ing. Sleep! Still awake (and full of beans) at 10.30pm AGAIN! Last night, he went down okay, suddenly woke up at 01.30 and didn't go back to sleep until nearly 4am. I've had juuuuuust about enough!!

Molars. Same here.

Godspeed!

It was after midnight (and a dose of calpol, and a dose of neurofen, and two extra bottles, and three episodes of in the night garden) before he finally gave in. So much for my plans to binge-watch The Wire.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sOA_U3-HOs

Your posts reminded me of this Nikpmup and Das Kitty!

We are dealing with a sore bum after every poo nappy. Poor little thing dreads change time now. Any tips ladies? My usual go to of Metanium nappy rash ointment is clearing it but next dirty nappy it returns with a vengeance. Don't know whether it's teeth related or what? She has nearly a full mouthful. Only 4-5 to go thankfully.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sOA_U3-HOs

Your posts reminded me of this Nikpmup and Das Kitty!

We are dealing with a sore bum after every poo nappy. Poor little thing dreads change time now. Any tips ladies? My usual go to of Metanium nappy rash ointment is clearing it but next dirty nappy it returns with a vengeance. Don't know whether it's teeth related or what? She has nearly a full mouthful. Only 4-5 to go thankfully.

We found a thick layer of Bepanthen did the job. Using leftover Lansinoh on his dribble rash. The head on him these days between that and the million knocks he gets on a daily basis. Still smiling though, wee trooper.

Advertisement